SULFATE INFORMATION CENTER
A sulfate is a chemical compound containing sulfate (SO4). Sulfates are salts or esters of sulfuric acid, H2SO4, formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogen atoms with a metal. Most metal sulfates are readily soluble in water, but calcium is only slightly soluble, while barium, lead, and strontium sulfates are insoluble. Sulfates are widely distributed in nature. Barium sulfate occurs as barite; calcium sulfate is found as gypsum, alabaster, and selenite; Epsom salts is magnesium sulfate; sodium sulfate occurs as its decahydrate, Glauber's salt; and strontium sulfate occurs as celestite. Some sulfates were formerly known as vitriols; blue vitriol is cupric sulfate, green vitriol is ferrous sulfate, and white vitriol is zinc sulfate. Sulfates play a significant role both in the chemical industry and in biological systems. Sulfuric acid is used in lead storage batteries and in the manufacture of nitric acid; copper sulfate is a common algicide. Organisms found near deep-sea thermal vents use sulfates for energy in place of sunlight.
Purities include 99%, 99.9%, 99.99%, 99.999% and 99.9999% which are sometimes referred to as 2N, 3N, 4N, 5N and 6N.
Physical properties may include nanopowder, nano particle, submicron, - 325 mesh, rod, foil, and high surface area carbonate with particle distribution and particle size controlled and certified. We produce larger - 40 mesh, - 100 mesh, -200 mesh range sizes and < 0.5 mm, 2 mm, 5 mm and other mm size shot, granules, lump, flake and pieces, too.
American Elements maintains industrial scale production for all its sulfate products.
American Elements will execute Non-Disclosure or Confidentiality Agreements to protect customer know-how.
AE Sulfate™ products include:
Aluminium Sulfate Anhydrous
Aluminum Sodium Sulfate
Aluminum Sodium Sulfate Dodecahydrate
Ammonium Cupric Sulfate Hexaydrate
Cadmium Sulfate Hydrate
Cadmium Sulfate Octahydrate
Cadmium Sulfate Solution
Cadmium Sulfate, Anhydrous
Chromium Sulfate Basic
Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate
Copper Tetrammine Sulfate Hydrate
Tetraamminecopper(II) Sulfate Monohydrate
Erbium(III) Sulfate Hydrate
Europium(III) Sulfate Hydrate
Gallium(III) Sulfate Hydrate
Lanthanum(III) Sulfate Hydrate
Lutetium(III) Sulfate Hydrate
Magnesium Sulfate Hexahydrate
Magnesium Sulfate Monohydrate
Neodymium Sulfate Hydrate
Neodymium(III) Sulfate Octahydrate
Sodium Bisulfate Monohydrate
Sodium Cholesteryl Sulfate
Sodium Dodecyl Sulfate
Sodium Hydrogen Sulfate
Sodium Sulfate Decahydrate
Sodium Tetradecyl Sulfate
Sodium Thiosulfate Pentahydrate
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Lou H, Liu M, Qu W, Johnson J, Brunson E, Almoazen H. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Facile synthesis of calcium silicate hydrate using sodium dodecyl sulfate as a surfactant assisted by ultrasonic irradiation. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Mehrali M
- Mucoadhesive polyethylenimine-dextran sulfate nanoparticles containing Punica granatum peel extract as a novel sustained-release antimicrobial. Tiyaboonchai, I Rodleang… Pharmaceutical… 2014.
- Reinvestigation of growth of thiourea urea zinc sulfate crystal. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Effects of arsenate, chromate, and sulfate on arsenic and chromium uptake and translocation by arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. Environ Pollut. 2014 | first author:de Oliveira LM
- A biomimetic extracellular matrix for cartilage tissue engineering centered on photocurable gelatin, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate. Acta Biomater. 2014 | first author:Levett PA
- The effects of fuel composition and ammonium sulfate addition on PCDD, PCDF, PCN and PCB concentrations during the combustion of biomass and paper production residuals. Chemosphere. 2014 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Lundin L
- Plant growth responses to inorganic environmental contaminants are density-dependent: Experiments with copper sulfate, barley and lettuce. Environ Pollut. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Hansi M
- Detection of Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycan 4 (CSPG4) in Melanoma. Methods Mol Biol. 2014 create date:2013/11/22 | first author:Wang Y
- Improving sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis detection of low-abundance protein samples by rapid freeze centrifugation. Anal Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Virgen-OrtÃz JJ
- Three complementary techniques for the clarification of temperature effect on low-density lipoprotein-chondroitin-6-sulfate interaction. Anal Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Cilpa-Karhu G
- Biological sulfate removal from gypsum contaminated construction and demolition debris. J Environ Manage. 2013 create date:2013/10/24 | first author:Kijjanapanich P
- Dietary red meat aggravates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice whereas resistant starch attenuates inflammation. Dig Dis Sci. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Le Leu RK
- Luminescence response of an osmium(II) complex to macromolecular polyanions for the detection of heparin and chondroitin sulfate in biomedical preparations. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 | first author:Wu H
- Novel family of insect salivary inhibitors blocks contact pathway activation by binding to polyphosphate, heparin, and dextran sulfate. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013 create date:2013/10/05 | first author:Alvarenga PH
- Effects of copper sulfate on growth and physiological responses of Limoniastrum monopetalum. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 create date:2013/06/08 | first author:CambrollÃ© J
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate mediates activation of transcription factors CREB and ATF-1 via a GÎ±11-coupled receptor in the spermatogenic cell line GC-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Shihan M
- Effect of salt additives on protein partition in polyethylene glycol-sodium sulfate aqueous two-phase systems. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/08/08 | first author:Ferreira L
- A kinetic study on bacterial sulfate reduction. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2013 create date:2013/05/03 | first author:Bernardez LA
- Perchlorate reduction from a highly contaminated groundwater in the presence of sulfate-reducing bacteria in a hydrogen-fed biofilm. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2013 | first author:Ontiveros-Valencia A