|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2Ag2O4||303.755 g/mol||white powder||140 °C||N/A||5 g/cm3||303.789507||301.789852||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Silver Oxalate can introduce carbon dioxide (CO2) into petrologic experiments under controlled temperature and pressure releasing quantifiable metallic silver and CO2 gas. Silver oxalate is also in high demand as a precursor for the production of silver nanparticles which are incorporated in coatings, nano fiber, first aid bandages, plastics, soaps, skin care products and textiles. Silver Oxalate is highly insoluble in water and converts to the oxide when heated (calcined). Silver Oxalate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Silver (atomic symbol: Ag, atomic number: 47) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 107.8682. The number of electrons in each of Silver's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Kr]4d10 5s1. The silver atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 203 pm. Silver was first discovered by Early Man prior to 5000 BC. In its elemental form, silver has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and is very ductile and malleable, being exceeded only by gold and perhaps palladium. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals and possesses the lowest contact resistance. It is stable in pure air and water, but tarnishes when exposed to ozone, hydrogen sulfide, or air containing sulfur. It is found in copper, copper-nickel, lead, and lead-zinc ores among others. Silver was named after the Anglo-Saxon word "seolfor" or "siolfur," meaning 'silver'. For more information on silver, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silver products, visit the Silver Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SILVER OXALATE SYNONYMS|
|Disilver(1+) oxalate; ethanedioic acid, silver(1+) salt (1:2); Ethanedioic acid, disilver(1+) salt; Oxalic acid disilver salt; Oxalic acid, disilver(1+) salt|
CUSTOMERS FOR SILVER OXALATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Silver|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silver
- Phenylboronic acid modified silver nanoparticles for colorimetric dynamic analysis of glucose. Cao K, Jiang X, Yan S, Zhang L, Wu W. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Nanogold/mesoporous carbon foam-mediated silver enhancement for graphene-enhanced electrochemical immunosensing of carcinoembryonic antigen. Lin D, Wu J, Ju H, Yan F. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- DNA-templated silver nanoclusters based label-free fluorescent molecular beacon for the detection of adenosine deaminase. Zhang K, Wang K, Xie M, Zhu X, Xu L, Yang R, Huang B, Zhu X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Synthesis, characterization and SERS activity of biosynthesized silver nanoparticles. Bindhu MR, Sathe V, Umadevi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov 11
- Graphene oxide as nanogold carrier for ultrasensitive electrochemical immunoassay of Shewanella oneidensis with silver enhancement strategy. Wen J, Zhou S, Yuan Y. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15
- Antimicrobial wound dressing nanofiber mats from multicomponent (chitosan/silver-NPs/polyvinyl alcohol) systems. Abdelgawad AM, Hudson SM, Rojas OJ. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Jan 16
- A label-free DNA-templated silver nanocluster probe for fluorescence on-off detection of endonuclease activity and inhibition. Qian Y, Zhang Y, Lu L, Cai Y. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan 15
- Surface molecular imprinting onto silver microspheres for surface enhanc 24 June 2013ed Raman scattering applications. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Dec 15
- Szydlowska-Czerniak A, Tulodziecka A. Comparison of a silver nanoparticle-based method and the modified spectrophotometric methods for assessing antioxidant capacity of rapeseed varieties. Food Chem. 2013 Dec
- Synthesis, characterization and optical properties of gelatin doped with silver nanoparticles. Mahmoud KH, Abbo M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- A novel luminol chemiluminescent method catalyzed by silver/gold alloy nanoparticles for determination of anticancer drug flutamide.
Chaichi MJ, Azizi SN, Heidarpour M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- Extracellular synthesis of mycogenic silver nanoparticles by Cylindrocladium floridanum and its homogeneous catalytic degradation of 4-nitrophenol.
Narayanan KB, Park HH, Sakthivel N. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 De
- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticle from leaf extract of Desmodium gangeticum (L.) DC. and its biomedical potential. Thirunavoukkarasu M, Balaji U, Behera S, Panda PK, Mishra BK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering and density functional theory study of 1,4-benzenedithiol and its silver complexes. Shao Y, Li C, Feng Y, Lin W. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Dec
- Comparison of a silver nanoparticle-based method and the modified spectrophotometric methods for assessing antioxidant capacity of rapeseed varieties. Szydlowska-Czerniak A, Tulodziecka A. 2013 Dec 1
- A silver-palladium alloy nanoparticle-based electrochemical biosensor for simultaneous detection of ractopamine, clenbuterol and salbutamol. Wang H, Zhang Y, Li H, Du B, Ma H, Wu D, Wei Q. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Nov 15
- DNA stabilized silver nanoclusters for ratiometric and visual detection of Hg²? and its immobilization in hydrogels. MacLean JL, Morishita K, Liu J. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Oct 15
- Systemic and immunotoxicity of silver nanoparticles in an intravenous 28 days repeated dose toxicity study in rats. De Jong WH, Van Der Ven LT, Sleijffers A, Park MV, Jansen EH, Van Loveren H, Vandebriel RJ. 2013 Nov 3
- Green synthesis of silver nanoparticles from Gloriosa superba L. leaf extract and their catalytic activity. Ashokkumar S, Ravi S, Velmurugan S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov 11
- No evidence of the genotoxic potential of gold, silver, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide nanoparticles in the SOS chromotest. Nam SH, Kim SW, An YJ. 2013 Oct 3
Recent Research & Development for Oxalates
- Comprehensive physicochemical studies of a new hybrid material: 2-Amino-4-methyl-3-nitropyridinium hydrogen oxalate. Bryndal I, Kucharska E, Wandas M, Lorenc J, Hermanowicz K, Maczka M, Lis T, Marchewka M, Hanuza J. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan 3
- Effects of phytate and minerals on the bioavailability of oxalate from food. Israr B, Frazier RA, Gordon MH. create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Israr B.
- Influence of acidifying or alkalinizing diets on bone mineral density and urine relative supersaturation with calcium oxalate and struvite in healthy cats. Bartges JW, Kirk CA, Cox SK, Moyers TD. create date:2013/09/27 | first author:Bartges JW.
- Non-invasive identification of metal-oxalate complexes on polychrome artwork surfaces by reflection mid-infrared spectroscopy. Monico L, Rosi F, Miliani C, Daveri A, Brunetti BG. create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Monico L
- Re: acute oxalate nephropathy secondary to orlistat-induced enteric hyperoxaluria. Assimos DG. create date:2013/09/14 | first author:Assimos DG
- Re: The Role of Oxalobacter formigenes Colonization in Calcium Oxalate StoneÂ Disease. Assimos DG. create date:2013/09/14 | first author:Assimos DG
- In vivo synthesis of calcium oxalate whiskers on CoCrMo alloy surfaces via biomineralization. Lin P, Qin L, Hua M, Dong G. create date:2013/08/06 | first author:Lin P
- Malic acid supplementation increases urinary citrate excretion and urinary pH: implications for the potential treatment of calcium oxalate stone disease. Rodgers AL, Webber D, de Charmoy R, Jackson GE, Ravenscroft N. create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Rodgers AL
- Influence of the lysine on the calcium oxalate renal calculi. Atanassova SS. create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Atanassova SS
- CO(2) Migration Pathways in Oxalate Decarboxylase and Clues to its Active Site. Karmakar T, Periyasamy G, Balasubramanian S. create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Karmakar T
- Effect of Magnesium on Calcium and Oxalate Ion Binding. Riley JM, Kim H, Averch TD, Kim HJ. create date:2013/09/04 | first author:Riley JM
- Oxalate nephropathy due to 'juicing': case report and review. Getting JE, Gregoire JR, Phul A, Kasten MJ. create date:2013/07/09 | first author:Getting JE
- In vitro degradation of oxalate by recombinant Lactobacillus plantarum expressing heterologous oxalate decarboxylase. Anbazhagan K, Sasikumar P, Gomathi S, Priya HP, Selvam GS. create date:2013/06/06 | first author:Anbazhagan K
- Steatorrhea and hyperoxaluria occur after gastric bypass surgery in obese rats regardless of dietary fat or oxalate. Canales BK, Ellen J, Khan SR, Hatch M. create date:2013/03/19 | first author:Canales BK
- Urinary calcium and oxalate excretion in healthy adult cats are not affected by increasing dietary levels of bone meal in a canned diet. Passlack N, Zentek J. PLoS One. 2013 Aug 5.
- In vivo synthesis of calcium oxalate whiskers on CoCrMo alloy surfaces via biomineralization. Lin P, Qin L, Hua M, Dong G. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Oct.
- Ionothermal synthesis of two oxalate-bridged lanthanide(iii) chains with slow magnetization relaxation by using a deep eutectic solvent. Meng Y, Liu JL, Zhang ZM, Lin WQ, Lin ZJ, Tong ML. Dalton Trans. 2013 Aug 1.
- Peeping into human renal calcium oxalate stone matrix: characterization of novel proteins involved in the intricate mechanism of urolithiasis. Aggarwal KP, Tandon S, Naik PK, Singh SK, Tandon C. PLoS One. 2013 Jul 24.
- Primary hyperoxaluria type 1 with systemic calcium oxalate deposition: case report and literature review. Falk N, Castillo B, Gupta A, McKelvy B, Bhattacharjee M, Papasozomenos S. Ann Clin Lab Sci. 2013 Summer.
- Alterations in macrophage cellular proteome induced by calcium oxalate crystals: The association of HSP90 and F-actin is important for phagosome formation. Singhto N, Sintiprungrat K, Thongboonkerd V. J Proteome Res. 2013 Jul 6.