|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2Ag2O4||303.755 g/mol||white powder||140 °C||N/A||5 g/cm3||303.789507||301.789852||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Silver Oxalate can introduce carbon dioxide (CO2) into petrologic experiments under controlled temperature and pressure releasing quantifiable metallic silver and CO2 gas. Silver oxalate is also in high demand as a precursor for the production of silver nanparticles which are incorporated in coatings, nano fiber, first aid bandages, plastics, soaps, skin care products and textiles. Silver Oxalate is highly insoluble in water and converts to the oxide when heated (calcined). Silver Oxalate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Silver (atomic symbol: Ag, atomic number: 47) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 107.8682. The number of electrons in each of Silver's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Kr]4d10 5s1. The silver atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 203 pm. Silver was first discovered by Early Man prior to 5000 BC. In its elemental form, silver has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and is very ductile and malleable, being exceeded only by gold and perhaps palladium. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals and possesses the lowest contact resistance. It is stable in pure air and water, but tarnishes when exposed to ozone, hydrogen sulfide, or air containing sulfur. It is found in copper, copper-nickel, lead, and lead-zinc ores among others. Silver was named after the Anglo-Saxon word "seolfor" or "siolfur," meaning 'silver'. For more information on silver, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silver products, visit the Silver Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SILVER OXALATE SYNONYMS|
|Disilver(1+) oxalate; ethanedioic acid, silver(1+) salt (1:2); Ethanedioic acid, disilver(1+) salt; Oxalic acid disilver salt; Oxalic acid, disilver(1+) salt|
CUSTOMERS FOR SILVER OXALATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Silver|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silver
- Silver nanoparticle-specific mitotoxicity in Daphnia magna. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Stensberg MC
- Using gold nanorods core/silver shell nanostructures as model material to probe biodistribution and toxic effects of silver nanoparticles in mice. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Meng J
- The antibacterial effects of silver, titanium dioxide and silica dioxide nanoparticles compared to the dental disinfectant chlorhexidine on Streptococcus mutans using a… A Besinis, T De Peralta, RD Handy - Nanotoxicology, 2014 - informahealthcare.com
- Inhibition of biofilm formation and antibacterial properties of a silver nano-coating on human dentine. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Besinis A
- Systematic analysis of silver nanoparticle ionic dissolution by tangential flow filtration: toxicological implications. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Maurer EI
- Analytically monitored digestion of silver nanoparticles and their toxicity on human intestinal cells. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Böhmert L
- Phenylboronic acid modified silver nanoparticles for colorimetric dynamic analysis of glucose. Cao K, Jiang X, Yan S, Zhang L, Wu W. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- In vitro toxicity assessment of silver nanoparticles in the presence of phenolic compounds - preventive agents against the harmful effect? Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Martirosyan A
- Combined repeated-dose toxicity study of silver nanoparticles with the reproduction/developmental toxicity screening test. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Hong JS
- Assessment of orally dosed commercial silver nanoparticles on human ex vivo platelet aggregation. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Smock KJ
- Synthesis, characterization and SERS activity of biosynthesized silver nanoparticles. Bindhu MR, Sathe V, Umadevi M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Bioaccumulation of silver nanoparticles into Daphnia magna from a freshwater algal diet and the impact of phosphate availability. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:McTeer J
- Physicochemical properties of gelatin/silver nanoparticle antimicrobial composite films. Kanmani P, Rhim JW. Food Chem. 2014 Apr.
- Formation and characterization of silver nanoparticles in aqueous solution via ultrasonic irradiation. He C, Liu L, Fang Z, Li J, Guo J, Wei J. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Mar.
- Nanogold/mesoporous carbon foam-mediated silver enhancement for graphene-enhanced electrochemical immunosensing of carcinoembryonic antigen. Lin D, Wu J, Ju H, Yan F. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014.
- A novel luminol chemiluminescent method catalyzed by silver/gold alloy nanoparticles for determination of anticancer drug flutamide.
- DNA-templated silver nanoclusters based label-free fluorescent molecular beacon for the detection of adenosine deaminase. Zhang K, Wang K, Xie M, Zhu X, Xu L, Yang R, Huang B, Zhu X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Graphene oxide as nanogold carrier for ultrasensitive electrochemical immunoassay of Shewanella oneidensis with silver enhancement strategy. Wen J, Zhou S, Yuan Y. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Antimicrobial wound dressing nanofiber mats from multicomponent (chitosan/silver-NPs/polyvinyl alcohol) systems. Abdelgawad AM, Hudson SM, Rojas OJ. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Jan.
- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticle from leaf extract of Desmodium gangeticum (L.) DC. and its biomedical potential. Thirunavoukkarasu M, Balaji U, Behera S, Panda PK, Mishra BK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc.
Recent Research & Development for Oxalates
- Distinct effects of oxalate versus malonate on the iron redox chemistry: Implications for the photo-Fenton reaction. Xiao D, Guo Y, Lou X, Fang C, Wang Z, Liu J. Chemosphere. 2014.
- Synthesis and spectroscopic characterization of magnesium oxalate nano-crystals. Lakshmi Reddy S, Ravindra Reddy T, Siva Reddy G, Endo T, Frost RL. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Urinary Lithogenic Risk Profile in Recurrent Stone Formers With Hyperoxaluria: A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension)-Style and Low-Oxalate Diets. Noori N, Honarkar E, Goldfarb DS, Kalantar-Zadeh K, Taheri M, Shakhssalim N, Parvin M, Basiri A. Am J Kidney Dis. 2014
- Synthesis, structural and spectroscopic investigations of nanostructured samarium oxalate crystals. Vimal G, Mani KP, Biju PR, Joseph C, Unnikrishnan NV, Ittyachen MA. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Cost-effectiveness of cilostazol, naftidrofuryl oxalate, and pentoxifylline for the treatment of intermittent claudication in people with peripheral arterial disease. Meng Y, Squires H, Stevens JW, Simpson E, Harnan S, Thomas S, Michaels J, Stansby G, O'Donnell ME. Angiology. 2014
- The Gastrointestinal Tract of the White-Throated Woodrat (Neotoma albigula) Harbors Distinct Consortia of Oxalate-Degrading Bacteria. Miller AW, Kohl KD, Dearing MD. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2014
- Antioxidant therapy prevents ethylene glycol-induced renal calcium oxalate crystal deposition in Wistar rats. Naghii MR, Eskandari E, Mofid M, Jafari M, Asadi MH. Int Urol Nephrol. 2014
- Oxalate up-regulates expression of IL-2RÎ² and activates IL-2R signaling in HK-2 cells, a line of human renal epithelial cells. Koul S, Khandrika L, Pshak TJ, Iguchi N, Pal M, Steffan JJ, Koul HK. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014
- Urinary excretion of calcium, magnesium, phosphate, citrate, oxalate, and uric acid by healthy schoolchildren using a 12-h collection protocol. SÃ¡ez-Torres C, Rodrigo D, Grases F, GarcÃa-Raja AM, GÃ³mez C, Lumbreras J, Frontera G. Pediatr Nephrol. 2014
- Assigning the EPR Fine Structure Parameters of the Mn(II) Centers in Bacillus subtilis Oxalate Decarboxylase by Site-Directed Mutagenesis and DFT/MM Calculations. Campomanes P, Kellett WF, Easthon LM, Ozarowski A, Allen KN, Angerhofer A, Rothlisberger U, Richards NG. J Am Chem Soc. 2014
- Erythrocyte oxidative stress in patients with calcium oxalate stones correlates with stone size and renal tubular damage. Urology. 2014 | first author:Ma MC
- Self-organization of calcium oxalate by flow-driven precipitation. Bohner B, Schuszter G, Berkesi O, HorvÃ¡th D, TÃ³th A. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Factors contributing to the variation in feline urinary oxalate excretion rate. Dijcker JC, Hagen-Plantinga EA, Everts H, Queau Y, Biourge V, Hendriks WH. J Anim Sci. 2014
- Insertion of a Single-Molecule Magnet inside a Ferromagnetic Lattice Based on a 3D Bimetallic Oxalate Network: Towards Molecular Analogues of Permanent Magnets. Clemente-León M, Coronado E, Gómez-García CJ, López-Jordà M, Camón A, Repollés A, Luis F. Chemistry. 2014
- The shift from fluoride/oxalate to acid citrate/fluoride blood collection tubes for glucose testing - The impact upon patient results. Clin Biochem. 2014 create date:2014/01/28 | first author:Norman M
- A new heteroleptic oxalate-based compound: poly[[2-(aminomethyl)pyridine]di-Î¼6-oxalato-chromium(III)potassium(I)]. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2014 | first author:Kenfack Tsobnang P
- Malic Acid Supplementation Increases Urinary Citrate Excretion and Urinary pH: Implications for the Potential Treatment of Calcium Oxalate Stone Disease. Rodgers AL, Webber D, de Charmoy R, Jackson GE, Ravenscroft N. J Endourol. 2014
- Comprehensive physicochemical studies of a new hybrid material: 2-Amino-4-methyl-3-nitropyridinium hydrogen oxalate. Bryndal I, Kucharska E, Wandas M, Lorenc J, Hermanowicz K, Maczka M, Lis T, Marchewka M, Hanuza J. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014.