|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Silver Oxalate||AG-OXL-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2Ag2O4||303.755 g/mol||white powder||140 °C||N/A||5 g/cm3||303.789507||301.789852||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Silver Oxalate can introduce carbon dioxide (CO2) into petrologic experiments under controlled temperature and pressure releasing quantifiable metallic silver and CO2 gas. Silver oxalate is also in high demand as a precursor for the production of silver nanparticles which are incorporated in coatings, nano fiber, first aid bandages, plastics, soaps, skin care products and textiles. Silver Oxalate is highly insoluble in water and converts to the oxide when heated (calcined). Silver Oxalate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Silver (atomic symbol: Ag, atomic number: 47) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 107.8682. The number of electrons in each of Silver's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Kr]4d10 5s1. The silver atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 203 pm. Silver was first discovered by Early Man prior to 5000 BC. In its elemental form, silver has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and is very ductile and malleable, being exceeded only by gold and perhaps palladium. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals and possesses the lowest contact resistance. It is stable in pure air and water, but tarnishes when exposed to ozone, hydrogen sulfide, or air containing sulfur. It is found in copper, copper-nickel, lead, and lead-zinc ores, among others. Silver was named after the Anglo-Saxon word "seolfor" or "siolfur," meaning 'silver'. For more information on silver, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silver products, visit the Silver element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SILVER OXALATE SYNONYMS|
|Disilver(1+) oxalate; ethanedioic acid, silver(1+) salt (1:2); Ethanedioic acid, disilver(1+) salt; Oxalic acid disilver salt; Oxalic acid, disilver(1+) salt|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silver
- Silver decahedral nanoparticles-Enhanced Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer sensor for Specific Cell Imaging. Li H, Hu H, Xu D. Anal Chem. 2015 Mar 12.
- The development of a green approach for the biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles by using Panax ginseng root extract, and their biological applications. Singh P, Kim YJ, Wang C, Mathiyalagan R, Yang DC. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2015 Mar 14:1-8.
- DNA/RNA chimera templates improve the emission intensity and target the accessibility of silver nanocluster-based sensors for human microRNA detection. Shah P, Choi SW, Kim HJ, Cho SK, Thulstrup PW, Bjerrum MJ, Bhang YJ, Ahn JC, Yang SW. Analyst. 2015 Mar 11.
- TEM and SP-ICP-MS analysis of the release of silver nanoparticles from decoration of pastry. Verleysen E, Van Doren E, Waegeneers N, De Temmerman PJ, Abi Daoud Francisco M, Mast J. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- In vitro cytotoxicity of silver nanoparticles and zinc oxide nanoparticles to human epithelial colorectal adenocarcinoma (Caco-2) cells. Song Y, Guan R, Lyu F, Kang T, Wu Y, Chen X. Mutat Res. 2014 Nov
- Analysis of Silver Nanoparticles in Antimicrobial Products Using Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy (SERS). Guo H, Zhang Z, Xing B, Mukherjee A, Musante C, White JC, He L. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 16.
- Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using Momordica charantia leaf broth: Evaluation of their innate antimicrobial and catalytic activities. Ajitha B, Reddy YA, Reddy PS. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2015 Mar 2
- Transfer Printed Silver Nanowire Transparent Conductors for PbS-ZnO Heterojunction Quantum Dot Solar Cells. Hjerrild NE, Neo DC, Kasdi A, Assender HE, Warner JH, Watt AA. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 13.
- Thermodynamic and spectroscopic properties of oxygen on silver under an oxygen atmosphere. Jones TE, Rocha TC, Knop-Gericke A, Stampfl C, Schlögl R, Piccinin S. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Optical sintering: improved optical sintering efficiency at the contacts of silver nanowires encapsulated by a graphene layer (small 11/2015). Yang SB, Choi H, Lee da S, Choi CG, Choi SY, Kim ID. Small. 2015 Mar
- Size controlled biogenic silver nanoparticles as antibacterial agent against isolates from HIV infected patients. Suganya KS, Govindaraju K, Kumar VG, Dhas TS, Karthick V, Singaravelu G, Elanchezhiyan M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 25
- Interaction of sugar stabilized silver nanoparticles with the T-antigen specific lectin, jacalin from Artocarpus integrifolia. Ayaz Ahmed KB, Mohammed AS, Veerappan A. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Mar 4
- The size, but not the fluctuating asymmetry of the leaf, of silver birch changes under the gradient influence of emissions of the Karabash Copper Smelter Plant. Koroteeva EV, Veselkin DV, Kuyantseva NB, Chashchina OE. Dokl Biol Sci. 2015 Jan
- Preparation, Characterization and Anti-bacterial Activity of Silver Nanoparticles-Decorated Graphene Oxide Nanocomposite. Shao W, Liu X, Min H, Dong G, Feng Q, Zuo S. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 11.
- High performance surface-enhanced Raman scattering from molecular imprinting polymer capsulated silver spheres. Guo Y, Kang L, Chen S, Li X. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Facile assembly of oppositely charged silver sulfide nanoparticles into photoluminescent mesoporous nanospheres. Tan L, Liu S, Yang Q, Shen YM. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 15.
- DNA-templated in situ growth of silver nanoparticles on mesoporous silica nanospheres for smart intracellular GSH-controlled release. Liu C, Qing Z, Zheng J, Deng L, Ma C, Li J, Li Y, Yang S, Yang J, Wang J, Tan W, Yang R. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 13.
- High Ethene/Ethane Selectivity in 2,2'-Bipyridine-Based Silver(I) Complexes by Removal of Coordinated Solvent. Cowan MG, McDanel WM, Funke HH, Kohno Y, Gin DL, Noble RD. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 12.
- Enhancement of electrical conductivity of silver nanowires-networked films via the addition of Cs-added TiO2. Kim S, Lee H, Na S, Jung E, Kang JG, Kim D, Cho SM, Chae H, Chung HK, Kim SB, Lee BW, Kim KE, Lee S, Lee HJ, Kim H, Lee HJ. Nanotechnology. 2015 Mar 27
- The Impact of Protecting Ligands on the Surface Structure and Antibacterial Activity of Silver Nanoparticles. Padmos JD, Boudreau R, Weaver DF, Zhang P. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 15.
Recent Research & Development for Oxalates
- The glassy behaviour of poorly crystalline Fe2O3 nanorods obtained by thermal decomposition of ferrous oxalate. Perovic M, Kusigerski V, Mrakovic A, Spasojevic V, Blanusa J, Nikolic V, Schneeweiss O, David B, Pizúrová N. Nanotechnology. 2015 Feb 27
- In vitro and in vivo evidence for oxalate oxidase activity of a germin-like protein from azalea. Sakamoto A, Nishimura T, Miyaki Y, Watanabe S, Takagi H, Izumi S, Shimada H. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 13
- Fasudil prevents calcium oxalate crystal deposit and renal fibrogenesis in glycoxylate-induced nephrolithic mice. Hu H, Chen W, Ding J, Jia M, Yin J, Guo Z. Exp Mol Pathol. 2015 Feb 16.
- The Complexation of Cm(III) with Oxalate in Aqueous Solution at T = 20-90 °C: A Combined TRLFS and Quantum Chemical Study. Skerencak-Frech A, Maiwald M, Trumm M, Froehlich DR, Panak PJ. Inorg Chem. 2015 Feb 16
- Crystal forms of the hydrogen oxalate salt of o-desmethylvenlafaxine. Dichiarante E, Curzi M, Giaffreda SL, Grepioni F, Maini L, Braga D. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2015 Feb 3.
- Aggregation of Calcium Phosphate and Oxalate Phases in the Formation of Renal Stones. Xie B, Halter TJ, Borah BM, Nancollas GH. Cryst Growth Des. 2015 Jan 7
- The use of thiafentanil oxalate and azaperone for reversible immobilisation of African buffalo (Syncerus caffer) within a nature reserve - Short communication. Szabó Z, Venter DJ, Luyt Edu C, Raath C. Acta Vet Hung. 2015 Mar
- Effects of acid-base variables and the role of carbonic anhydrase on oxalate secretion by the mouse intestine in vitro. Whittamore JM, Frost SC, Hatch M. Physiol Rep. 2015 Feb 25
- pH Dependency of sclerotial development and pathogenicity revealed by using genetically defined oxalate-minus mutants of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum. Xu L, Xiang M, White D, Chen W. Environ Microbiol. 2015 Feb 26.
- Two series of reactant's ratio-dependent lanthanide organic frameworks derived from nicotinic acid N-oxide and oxalate: synthesis, crystal structures and luminescence properties. Yu Y, Zhang L, Zhou Y, Zuhra Z. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 24
- Insights into the reaction mechanism of CO oxidative coupling to dimethyl oxalate over palladium: a combined DFT and IR study. Li Q, Zhou Z, Chen R, Sun B, Qiao L, Yao Y, Wu K. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Preventive treatment of calcium oxalate crystal deposition with immortal flowers. Orhan N, Onaran M, ?en ?, I??k Gönül ?, Aslan M. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Apr 2
- DETERMINATION OF OXALATE ION DOPANT LEVEL IN POLYPYRROLE USING FT-IR. Miller ET, Benally KJ, GreyEyes SD, McKenzie JT. J Undergrad Chem Res. 2014
- Structure and nonlinear optical property analysis of l-Methioninium Oxalate: A DFT approach. Sheela GE, Manimaran D, Hubert Joe I, Rahim S, Jothy VB. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 14
- Aqueous extract of Costus arabicus inhibits calcium oxalate crystal growth and adhesion to renal epithelial cells. de Cógáin MR, Linnes MP, Lee HJ, Krambeck AE, de Mendonça Uchôa JC, Kim SH, Lieske JC. Urolithiasis. 2015 Feb 5.
- Re: oxalate content of food: a tangled web. Assimos DG. J Urol. 2015 Mar
- Photocatalytic degradation of pentachlorophenol by visible light N-F-TiO2 in the presence of oxalate ions: optimization, modeling, and scavenging studies. Antonopoulou M, Konstantinou I. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Jan 22.
- Solvent-free synthesis of new inorganic-organic hybrid solids with finely tuned manganese oxalate structures. Luan L, Li J, Yin C, Lin Z, Huang H. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 6.
- Determination of Urine Oxalate Level in Rats with Renal Calcium Oxalate Calculus by High-performance Liquid Chromatography. Cao QS, Ba YM, Luo JH, Dai Q. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2015 Feb 12
- Endoscopic and Histologic Findings in a Cohort of Uric Acid and Calcium Oxalate Stone Formers. Viers BR, Lieske JC, Vrtiska TJ, Herrera Hernandez LP, Vaughan LE, Mehta RA, Bergstralh EJ, Rule AD, Holmes DR 3rd, Krambeck AE. Urology. 2015 Feb 11.