|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Silver Sulfate||AG-SAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Silver Sulfate||AG-SAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Silver Sulfate||AG-SAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Silver Sulfate||AG-SAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Ag2SO4||313.80||White Crystals||652 °C, 925 K, 1206 °F||1085 °C, 1358 K, 1985 °F||5.45 g/cm3||311.762 g/mol||309.761902 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Silver Sulfate is a moderately water and acid soluble Silver source for uses compatible with sulfates.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar cells and fuel cells. Silver Sulfate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Silver Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Silver (atomic symbol: Ag, atomic number: 47) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 107.8682. The number of electrons in each of Silver's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Kr]4d10 5s1. The silver atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 203 pm. Silver was first discovered by Early Man prior to 5000 BC. In its elemental form, silver has a brilliant white metallic luster. It is a little harder than gold and is very ductile and malleable, being exceeded only by gold and perhaps palladium. Pure silver has the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of all metals and possesses the lowest contact resistance. It is stable in pure air and water, but tarnishes when exposed to ozone, hydrogen sulfide, or air containing sulfur. It is found in copper, copper-nickel, lead, and lead-zinc ores, among others. Silver was named after the Anglo-Saxon word "seolfor" or "siolfur," meaning 'silver'. For more information on silver, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silver products, visit the Silver element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SILVER SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|Disilver(1+) sulfate, Sulfuric acid disilver(I) salt, Disilver monosulfate, Disilver sulfate, Disilver(1+) sulfate|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Silver
- Development of Experiment and Theory to Detect and Predict Ligand Phase Separation on Silver Nanoparticles. Farrell Z, Merz S, Seager J, Dunn C, Egorov S, Green DL. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Apr 16.: Angew Chem Int Ed Engl
- Applications and Toxicity of Silver Nanoparticles: a Recent Review. Marin, Vlăsceanu GM, Ţiplea RE, Bucur IR, Lemnaru M, Marin MM, Grumezescu AM. Curr Top Med Chem. 2015 Apr 14. : Curr Top Med Chem
- The antioxidant effects of silver, gold, and zinc oxide nanoparticles on male mice in in vivo condition. Negahdary M, Chelongar R, Zadeh SK, Ajdary M. Adv Biomed Res. 2015 Mar 25: Adv Biomed Res
- [Fluorescence enhancement effect of silver nanoparticles with different surface modifiers and sizes]. Wang YH, Xiong NN, Zhou J. Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi. 2014 Dec: Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi
- Novel pegylated silver coated carbon nanotubes kill Salmonella but they are non-toxic to eukaryotic cells. Chaudhari AA, Jasper SL, Dosunmu E, Miller ME, Arnold RD, Singh SR, Pillai S. J Nanobiotechnology. 2015 Mar 22: J Nanobiotechnology
- Synthesis and anti-fungal effect of silver nanoparticles-chitosan composite particles. Wang LS, Wang CY, Yang CH, Hsieh CL, Chen SY, Shen CY, Wang JJ, Huang KS. Int J Nanomedicine. 2015 Apr 1: Int J Nanomedicine
- Non-lethal dose of silver nanoparticles attenuates TNF-α-induced hepatic epithelial cell death through Hsp70 overexpression. Tsai TN, Lee TY, Liu MS, Ho JJ, Huang LJ, Liu CJ, Chen TJ, Yang RC. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2015 Apr 15: Am J Physiol Cell Physiol
- Self-alignment of silver nanoparticles in highly ordered 2D arrays. Rodríguez-León E, Íñiguez-Palomares R, Urrutia-Bañuelos E, Herrera-Urbina R, Tánori J, Maldonado A. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 Mar 1: Nanoscale Res Lett
- Antimicrobial and immunomodulatory efficacy of extracellularly synthesized silver and gold nanoparticles by a novel phosphate solubilizing fungus Bipolaris tetramera. Fatima F, Bajpai P, Pathak N, Singh S, Priya S, Verma SR. BMC Microbiol. 2015 Feb 27: BMC Microbiol
- Multiplexed enzyme-free electrochemical immunosensor based on ZnO nanorods modified reduced graphene oxide-paper electrode and silver deposition-induced signal amplification strategy. Sun G, Zhang L, Zhang Y, Yang H, Ma C, Ge S, Yan M, Yu J, Song X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 Apr 8: Biosens Bioelectron
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Antioxidant activity of high sulfate content derivative of ulvan in hyperlipidemic rats. Qi H, Sun Y. Int J Biol Macromol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Acidosis Increases MHC Class II-Restricted Presentation of a Protein Endowed with a pH-Dependent Heparan Sulfate-Binding Ability. Knittel D, Savatier A, Upert G, Lortat-Jacob H, Léonetti M. J Immunol. 2015 Mar 9.
- Pseudoendogenous presence of β-boldenone sulfate and glucuronide in untreated young bulls from the food chain. Chiesa L, Pasquale E, Panseri S, Cannizzo FT, Biolatti B, Pavlovic R, Arioli F. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hyaluronic acid-chondroitin sulfate: a potential factor to select pure stress urinary incontinence in patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome and mixed incontinence symptoms. Morelli M, Mocciaro R, Venturella R, Albano A, Sacchinelli A, Zullo F. Minerva Ginecol. 2015 Apr
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10
- Discrepancies in Composition and Biological Effects of Different Formulations of Chondroitin Sulfate. Martel-Pelletier J, Farran A, Montell E, Vergés J, Pelletier JP. Molecules. 2015 Mar 6
- Amino acid sequence surrounding the chondroitin sulfate attachment site of thrombomodulin regulates chondroitin polymerization. Izumikawa T, Kitagawa H. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 12.
- High-Quality Draft Genome Sequence of Desulfovibrio carbinoliphilus FW-101-2B, an Organic Acid-Oxidizing Sulfate-Reducing Bacterium Isolated from Uranium(VI)-Contaminated Groundwater. Ramsay BD, Hwang C, Woo HL, Carroll SL, Lucas S, Han J, Lapidus AL, Cheng JF, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Peters L, Chertkov O, Held B, Detter JC, Han CS, Tapia R, Land ML, Hauser LJ, Kyrpides NC, Ivanova NN, Mikhailova N, Pagani I, Woyke T, Arkin AP, Dehal P, Chivian D, Criddle CS, Wu W, Chakraborty R, Hazen TC, Fields MW. Genome Announc. 2015 Mar 12
- Heparan sulfate 6-o-sulfotransferase 3 is involved in bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cell osteogenic differentiation. Zhao S, Deng C, Wang Z, Teng L, Chen J. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- The role of terahertz polariton absorption in the characterization of crystalline iron sulfate hydrates. Ruggiero MT, Bardon T, Strli M, Taday PF, Korter TM. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Heparan sulfate-dependent enhancement of henipavirus infection. Mathieu C, Dhondt KP, Châlons M, Mély S, Raoul H, Negre D, Cosset FL, Gerlier D, Vivès RR, Horvat B. MBio. 2015 Mar 10
- Synthesis of a chondroitin sulfate disaccharide library and a GAG-binding protein interaction analysis. Wakao M, Obata R, Miyachi K, Kaitsubata Y, Kondo T, Sakami C, Suda Y. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015 Feb 27.
- Stratification of Chondroitin Sulfate Binding Sites in 3D-Model of Bovine Testicular Hyaluronidase and Effective Size of Glycosaminoglycan Coat of the Modified Protein. Maksimenko AV, Turashev AD, Beabealashvili RS. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- Chondroitin sulfate-E mediates estrogen-induced osteoanabolism. Koike T, Mikami T, Shida M, Habuchi O, Kitagawa H. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 11
- Influence of COD/sulfate ratios on the integrated reactor system for simultaneous removal of carbon, sulfur and nitrogen. Yuan Y, Chen C, Zhao Y, Wang A, Sun D, Huang C, Liang B, Tan W, Xu X, Zhou X, Lee DJ, Ren N. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Polyphenol-rich sorghum brans alter colon microbiota and impact species diversity and species richness after multiple bouts of dextran sodium sulfate-induced colitis. Ritchie LE, Sturino JM, Carroll RJ, Rooney LW, Azcarate-Peril MA, Turner ND. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Jan 14.
- Anaerobic naphthalene degradation by sulfate-reducing Desulfobacteraceae from various anoxic aquifers. Kümmel S, Herbst FA, Bahr A, Duarte M, Pieper DH, Jehmlich N, Seifert J, von Bergen M, Bombach P, Richnow HH, Vogt C. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Mar
- Interaction of the amyloid precursor protein-like protein 1 (APLP1) E2 domain with heparan sulfate involves two distinct binding modes. Dahms SO, Mayer MC, Roeser D, Multhaup G, Than ME. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2015 Mar 1
- A combination of keratan sulfate digestion and rehabilitation promotes anatomical plasticity after rat spinal cord injury. Ishikawa Y, Imagama S, Ohgomori T, Ishiguro N, Kadomatsu K. Neurosci Lett. 2015 Mar 11.
- Influence of salt type and ionic strength on self-assembly of dextran sulfate-ciprofloxacin nanoplexes. Kutscher M, Cheow WS, Werner V, Lorenz U, Ohlsen K, Meinel L, Hadinoto K, Germershaus O. Int J Pharm. 2015 Mar 12.