Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-02-12HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-03-12HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-04-12HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-05-12HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|AlK(SO4)2• 12H2O||7784-24-9||N/A||62667||MFCD00149143||233-141-3||aluminum; potassium; disulfate; dodecahydrate||N/A||[Al+3].[K+].[O-]
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H24AlKO20S2||474.39||Clear to white crystals||92 °C||N/A||1.757 g/cm3||473.97548||473.97548||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Aluminum Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ALUMINUM POTASSIUM SULFATE DODECAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Alum; Alum, potassium; Alum, potassium, dodecahydrate; aluminium potassium sulfate 12-hydrate; Aluminium potassium sulfate dodecahydrate; aluminium potassium sulphate 12-hydrate; Aluminum potassium disulfate dodecahydrate; Aluminum potassium sulfate (1:1:2) dodecahydrate; aluminum potassium sulfate 12-hydrate; Kalinite; Potassium alum; Potassium alum dodecahydrate|
CUSTOMERS FOR ALUMINUM POTASSIUM SULFATE DODECAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Aluminum Wire||Aluminum Copper Silicon Metal||Aluminum Oxide Pellets||Aluminum Metal||Aluminum Acetate|
|Aluminum Foil||Aluminum Acetylacetonate||Aluminum Pellets||Aluminum Vanadium Alloy||Aluminum Chloride|
|Aluminum Nanoparticles||Aluminum Powder||Aluminum Sputtering Target||Aluminum Nitrate||Aluminum Oxide|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Aluminum|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Coagulation behavior and floc properties of compound bioflocculant-polyaluminum chloride dual-coagulants and polymeric aluminum in low temperature surface water treatment. Huang X, Sun S, Gao B, Yue Q, Wang Y, Li Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Sci (China)
- Tannoid principles of Emblica officinalis renovate cognitive deficits and attenuate amyloid pathologies against aluminum chloride induced rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Justin Thenmozhi A, Dhivyabharathi M, William Raja TR, Manivasagam T, Mohamed Essa M. Nutr Neurosci. 2015 Apr 4. : Nutr Neurosci
- Vertically-aligned carbon nanotubes on aluminum as a light-weight positive electrode for lithium-polysulfide batteries. Liatard S, Benhamouda K, Fournier A, Ramos R, Barchasz C, Dijon J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 8. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- Treatment of Melasma in Men With Low-Fluence Q-Switched Neodymium-Doped Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet Laser Versus Combined Laser and Glycolic Acid Peeling. Vachiramon V, Sahawatwong S, Sirithanabadeekul P. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Mar 9.
- Cytotoxic and genotoxic characterization of aluminum and silicon oxide nanoparticles in macrophages. Hashimoto M, Imazato S. Dent Mater. 2015 Mar 5.
- Hybrid Structures of Polycationic aluminum phthalocyanines and quantum dots. Maksimov EG, Gvozdev DA, Strakhovskaya MG, Paschenko VZ. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- Chitosan-aluminum monostearate composite sponge dressing containing asiaticoside for wound healing and angiogenesis promotion in chronic wound. Phaechamud T, Yodkhum K, Charoenteeraboon J, Tabata Y. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 May
- The Metal-Organic Framework MIL-53(Al) Constructed from Multiple Metal Sources: Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, and Boehmite. Li Z, Wu YN, Li J, Zhang Y, Zou X, Li F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.
- ZnO-based thin film transistors employing aluminum titanate gate dielectrics deposited by spray pyrolysis at ambient air. Afouxenidis D, Mazzocco R, Vourlias G, Livesley PJ, Krier A, Milne WI, Kolosov OV, Adamopoulos G. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- The impact of thickness and thermal annealing on refractive index for aluminum oxide thin films deposited by atomic layer deposition. Wang ZY, Zhang RJ, Lu HL, Chen X, Sun Y, Zhang Y, Wei YF, Xu JP, Wang SY, Zheng YX, Chen LY. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 Feb 6: Nanoscale Res Lett
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Protein Assemblies of Sodium and Inward Rectifier Potassium Channels Control Cardiac Excitability and Arrhythmogenesis. Willis BC, Ponce-Balbuena D, Jalife J. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2015 Apr 10: Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol
- VEGF Attenuated Increase of Outward Delayed-Rectifier Potassium Currents in Hippocampal Neurons Induced by Focal Ischemia via PI3-K Pathway. Wu KW, Yang P, Li SS, Liu CW, Sun FY. Neuroscience. 2015 Apr 11.: Neuroscience
- Upregulation of the inwardly rectifying potassium channel Kir2.1 (KCNJ2) modulates multidrug resistance of small-cell lung cancer under the regulation of miR-7 and the Ras/MAPK pathway. Liu H, Huang J, Peng J, Wu X, Zhang Y, Zhu W, Guo L. Mol Cancer. 2015 Mar 12: Mol Cancer
- A heteromeric potassium channel involved in the modulation of the plasma membrane potential is essential for the survival of African trypanosomes. Steinmann ME, González-Salgado A, Bütikofer P, Mäser P, Sigel E. FASEB J. 2015 Apr 13.: FASEB J
- Associations between serum potassium and sodium levels and risk of hypertension: a community-based cohort study. Xi L, Hao YC, Liu J, Wang W, Wang M, Li GQ, Qi Y, Zhao F, Xie WX, Li Y, Sun JY, Liu J, Qin LP, Zhao D. J Geriatr Cardiol. 2015 Mar: J Geriatr Cardiol
- Effects of pH, lactate, hematocrit and potassium level on the accuracy of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) in pediatric intensive care unit. Marics G, Koncz L, Eitler K, Vatai B, Szénási B, Zakariás D, Mikos B, Körner A, Tóth-Heyn P. Ital J Pediatr. 2015 Mar 19: Ital J Pediatr
- Effect of cationic molecules on the oxygen reduction reaction on fuel cell grade Pt/C (20 wt%) catalyst in potassium hydroxide (aq, 1 mol dm-3). Ong AL, Inglis KK, Whelligan DK, Murphy S, Varcoe JR. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Apr 16. : Phys Chem Chem Phys
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Efficacy of spinal additives neostigmine and magnesium sulfate on characteristics of subarachnoid block, hemodynamic stability and postoperative pain relief: A randomized clinical trial. Joshi-Khadke S, Khadke VV, Patel SJ, Borse YM, Kelkar KV, Dighe JP, Subhedar RD. Anesth Essays Res. 2015 Jan-Apr: Anesth Essays Res
- Evidence for an Unrecognized Secondary Anthropogenic Source of Organosulfates and Sulfonates: Gas-Phase Oxidation of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons in the Presence of Sulfate Aerosol. Riva M, Tomaz S, Cui T, Lin YH, Perraudin E, Gold A, Stone EA, Villenave E, Surratt JD. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Apr 16. : Environ Sci Technol
- Dialysate with high dissolved hydrogen facilitates dissociation of indoxyl sulfate from albumin. Tange Y, Takesawa S, Yoshitake S. Nephrourol Mon. 2015 Feb 25: Nephrourol Mon
- GAG-ID: Heparan Sulfate and Heparin Glycosaminoglycan High-Throughput Identification Software. Chiu Y, Huang R, Orlando R, Sharp JS. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2015 Apr 17.: Mol Cell Proteomics
- Heparin/Heparan Sulfate Proteoglycans Glycomic Interactome in Angiogenesis: Biological Implications and Therapeutical Use. Chiodelli P, Bugatti A, Urbinati C, Rusnati M. Molecules. 2015 Apr 10: Molecules
- The many roles of mellitic acid during barium sulfate crystallization. Boon MP, Freeman S, Ogden MI, Oliveira A, Richmond WR, Skelton BW, Jones F. Faraday Discuss. 2015 Apr 16. : Faraday Discuss
- A new vanadium sulfate with ferrimagnetic and NLO properties constructed from novel discrete umbrella-like [VV(μ3-O)4VIV4O5(SO4)4(en)]5- anions. Zhou S, Wan H, Hu G, Zhang Y, Liu Y, Miao H, Zhu D, Xu Y. Dalton Trans. 2015 Apr 14. : Dalton Trans
- The interaction of human papillomavirus type 16 particles with heparan sulfate and syndecan-1 molecules in the keratinocyte extracellular matrix plays an active role in infection. Surviladze Z, Sterk RT, Ozbun MA. J Gen Virol. 2015 Apr 14.: J Gen Virol
- Dominance of sulfur-fueled iron oxide reduction in low-sulfate freshwater sediments. Hansel CM, Lentini CJ, Tang Y, Johnston DT, Wankel SD, Jardine PM. ISME J. 2015 Apr 14.: ISME J
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10