Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-02-12HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-03-12HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-04-12HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate||AL-KSAT-05-12HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|AlK(SO4)2• 12H2O||7784-24-9||N/A||62667||MFCD00149143||233-141-3||aluminum; potassium; disulfate; dodecahydrate||N/A||[Al+3].[K+].[O-]
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H24AlKO20S2||474.39||Clear to white crystals||92 °C||N/A||1.757 g/cm3||473.97548||473.97548||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Aluminum Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ALUMINUM POTASSIUM SULFATE DODECAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Alum; Alum, potassium; Alum, potassium, dodecahydrate; aluminium potassium sulfate 12-hydrate; Aluminium potassium sulfate dodecahydrate; aluminium potassium sulphate 12-hydrate; Aluminum potassium disulfate dodecahydrate; Aluminum potassium sulfate (1:1:2) dodecahydrate; aluminum potassium sulfate 12-hydrate; Kalinite; Potassium alum; Potassium alum dodecahydrate|
CUSTOMERS FOR ALUMINUM POTASSIUM SULFATE DODECAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Aluminum Wire||Aluminum Copper Silicon Metal||Aluminum Oxide Pellets||Aluminum Metal||Aluminum Acetate|
|Aluminum Foil||Aluminum Acetylacetonate||Aluminum Pellets||Aluminum Vanadium Alloy||Aluminum Chloride|
|Aluminum Nanoparticles||Aluminum Powder||Aluminum Sputtering Target||Aluminum Nitrate||Aluminum Oxide|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Aluminum|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Coagulation behavior and floc properties of compound bioflocculant-polyaluminum chloride dual-coagulants and polymeric aluminum in low temperature surface water treatment. Huang X, Sun S, Gao B, Yue Q, Wang Y, Li Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Sci (China)
- Tannoid principles of Emblica officinalis renovate cognitive deficits and attenuate amyloid pathologies against aluminum chloride induced rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Justin Thenmozhi A, Dhivyabharathi M, William Raja TR, Manivasagam T, Mohamed Essa M. Nutr Neurosci. 2015 Apr 4. : Nutr Neurosci
- Vertically-aligned carbon nanotubes on aluminum as a light-weight positive electrode for lithium-polysulfide batteries. Liatard S, Benhamouda K, Fournier A, Ramos R, Barchasz C, Dijon J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 8. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- Treatment of Melasma in Men With Low-Fluence Q-Switched Neodymium-Doped Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet Laser Versus Combined Laser and Glycolic Acid Peeling. Vachiramon V, Sahawatwong S, Sirithanabadeekul P. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Mar 9.
- Cytotoxic and genotoxic characterization of aluminum and silicon oxide nanoparticles in macrophages. Hashimoto M, Imazato S. Dent Mater. 2015 Mar 5.
- Hybrid Structures of Polycationic aluminum phthalocyanines and quantum dots. Maksimov EG, Gvozdev DA, Strakhovskaya MG, Paschenko VZ. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- Chitosan-aluminum monostearate composite sponge dressing containing asiaticoside for wound healing and angiogenesis promotion in chronic wound. Phaechamud T, Yodkhum K, Charoenteeraboon J, Tabata Y. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 May
- The Metal-Organic Framework MIL-53(Al) Constructed from Multiple Metal Sources: Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, and Boehmite. Li Z, Wu YN, Li J, Zhang Y, Zou X, Li F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.
- ZnO-based thin film transistors employing aluminum titanate gate dielectrics deposited by spray pyrolysis at ambient air. Afouxenidis D, Mazzocco R, Vourlias G, Livesley PJ, Krier A, Milne WI, Kolosov OV, Adamopoulos G. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- The impact of thickness and thermal annealing on refractive index for aluminum oxide thin films deposited by atomic layer deposition. Wang ZY, Zhang RJ, Lu HL, Chen X, Sun Y, Zhang Y, Wei YF, Xu JP, Wang SY, Zheng YX, Chen LY. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 Feb 6: Nanoscale Res Lett
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Design and synthesis of new potassium channel activators derived from the ring opening of diazoxide: Study of their vasodilatory effect, stimulation of elastin synthesis and inhibitory effect on insulin release. Bouider N, Fhayli W, Ghandour Z, Boyer M, Harrouche K, Florence X, Pirotte B, Lebrun P, Faury G, Khelili S. Bioorg Med Chem. 2015 Feb 27.
- Geostatistical approach for management of soil nutrients with special emphasis on different forms of potassium considering their spatial variation in intensive cropping system of West Bengal, India. Chatterjee S, Santra P, Majumdar K, Ghosh D, Das I, Sanyal SK. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effect of glucose-insulin-potassium on hyperlactataemia in patients undergoing valvular heart surgery: A prospective, randomised controlled study. Un Roh G, Shim JK, Song JW, Kang HM, Kwak YL. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2015 Mar 10.
- Potassium Abnormalities in Current Clinical Practice: Frequency, Causes, Severity and Management. Eliacik E, Yildirim T, Sahin U, Kizilarslanoglu C, Tapan U, Aybal-Kutlugun A, Hascelik G, Arici M. Med Princ Pract. 2015 Mar 11.
- Comparison of urinary sodium and potassium in children older than two with idiopathic hypercalciuria and a healthy control group in Bandar-Abbas, Iran, in 2013. Ajdadi E, Esteghamati M, Ghasemi K, Shahvari SZ. Electron Physician. 2014 Jul 1
- Effects of extracellular potassium diffusion on electrically coupled neuron networks. Wu XX, Shuai J. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2015 Feb
- Ionotropic cross-linked carbo-protein micro matrix system: An approach for improvement of drug release, compaction and tabletting behavior of losartan potassium. Khandai M, Chakraborty S, Ghosh AK. Curr Drug Deliv. 2015 Mar 10.
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Effect of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium activation on peripheral and central pain sensitization. Shen S, Cao S, Huang S, Chen J. J Surg Res. 2015 Jan 28.
- Magnolol and honokiol regulate the calcium-activated potassium channels signaling pathway in enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli-induced diarrhea mice. Deng Y, Han X, Tang S, Xiao W, Tan Z, Zhou C, Wang M, Kang J. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Two-pore-domain potassium channels: regulators of many cellular functions. Budde T, Daut J, Kurtz A, Pape HC. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- [New potassium binders effective: treatment of hyperkalaemia secondary to RAAS inhibitors]. Hoorn EJ. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2015
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
- Palpitations, potassium and the pump. Weiss JN. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Nitric oxide influences potassium currents in inner hair cells isolated from guinea-pig cochlea. Kimitsuki T. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2015 Mar 10.
- Erratum to: The Protective Effect of Epoxyeicosatrienoic Acids on Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury is Associated with PI3K/Akt Pathway and ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channels. Qu YY, Yuan MY, Liu Y, Zhu YL, Xiao XJ. Neurochem Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Soil microbial response to waste potassium silicate drilling fluid. Yao L, Anne Naeth M, Jobson A. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Mar 1
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Antioxidant activity of high sulfate content derivative of ulvan in hyperlipidemic rats. Qi H, Sun Y. Int J Biol Macromol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Acidosis Increases MHC Class II-Restricted Presentation of a Protein Endowed with a pH-Dependent Heparan Sulfate-Binding Ability. Knittel D, Savatier A, Upert G, Lortat-Jacob H, Léonetti M. J Immunol. 2015 Mar 9.
- Pseudoendogenous presence of β-boldenone sulfate and glucuronide in untreated young bulls from the food chain. Chiesa L, Pasquale E, Panseri S, Cannizzo FT, Biolatti B, Pavlovic R, Arioli F. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hyaluronic acid-chondroitin sulfate: a potential factor to select pure stress urinary incontinence in patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome and mixed incontinence symptoms. Morelli M, Mocciaro R, Venturella R, Albano A, Sacchinelli A, Zullo F. Minerva Ginecol. 2015 Apr
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10
- Discrepancies in Composition and Biological Effects of Different Formulations of Chondroitin Sulfate. Martel-Pelletier J, Farran A, Montell E, Vergés J, Pelletier JP. Molecules. 2015 Mar 6
- Amino acid sequence surrounding the chondroitin sulfate attachment site of thrombomodulin regulates chondroitin polymerization. Izumikawa T, Kitagawa H. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 12.
- High-Quality Draft Genome Sequence of Desulfovibrio carbinoliphilus FW-101-2B, an Organic Acid-Oxidizing Sulfate-Reducing Bacterium Isolated from Uranium(VI)-Contaminated Groundwater. Ramsay BD, Hwang C, Woo HL, Carroll SL, Lucas S, Han J, Lapidus AL, Cheng JF, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Peters L, Chertkov O, Held B, Detter JC, Han CS, Tapia R, Land ML, Hauser LJ, Kyrpides NC, Ivanova NN, Mikhailova N, Pagani I, Woyke T, Arkin AP, Dehal P, Chivian D, Criddle CS, Wu W, Chakraborty R, Hazen TC, Fields MW. Genome Announc. 2015 Mar 12
- Heparan sulfate 6-o-sulfotransferase 3 is involved in bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cell osteogenic differentiation. Zhao S, Deng C, Wang Z, Teng L, Chen J. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- The role of terahertz polariton absorption in the characterization of crystalline iron sulfate hydrates. Ruggiero MT, Bardon T, Strli M, Taday PF, Korter TM. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Heparan sulfate-dependent enhancement of henipavirus infection. Mathieu C, Dhondt KP, Châlons M, Mély S, Raoul H, Negre D, Cosset FL, Gerlier D, Vivès RR, Horvat B. MBio. 2015 Mar 10
- Synthesis of a chondroitin sulfate disaccharide library and a GAG-binding protein interaction analysis. Wakao M, Obata R, Miyachi K, Kaitsubata Y, Kondo T, Sakami C, Suda Y. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015 Feb 27.
- Stratification of Chondroitin Sulfate Binding Sites in 3D-Model of Bovine Testicular Hyaluronidase and Effective Size of Glycosaminoglycan Coat of the Modified Protein. Maksimenko AV, Turashev AD, Beabealashvili RS. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- Chondroitin sulfate-E mediates estrogen-induced osteoanabolism. Koike T, Mikami T, Shida M, Habuchi O, Kitagawa H. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 11
- Influence of COD/sulfate ratios on the integrated reactor system for simultaneous removal of carbon, sulfur and nitrogen. Yuan Y, Chen C, Zhao Y, Wang A, Sun D, Huang C, Liang B, Tan W, Xu X, Zhou X, Lee DJ, Ren N. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Polyphenol-rich sorghum brans alter colon microbiota and impact species diversity and species richness after multiple bouts of dextran sodium sulfate-induced colitis. Ritchie LE, Sturino JM, Carroll RJ, Rooney LW, Azcarate-Peril MA, Turner ND. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Jan 14.
- Anaerobic naphthalene degradation by sulfate-reducing Desulfobacteraceae from various anoxic aquifers. Kümmel S, Herbst FA, Bahr A, Duarte M, Pieper DH, Jehmlich N, Seifert J, von Bergen M, Bombach P, Richnow HH, Vogt C. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Mar
- Interaction of the amyloid precursor protein-like protein 1 (APLP1) E2 domain with heparan sulfate involves two distinct binding modes. Dahms SO, Mayer MC, Roeser D, Multhaup G, Than ME. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2015 Mar 1
- A combination of keratan sulfate digestion and rehabilitation promotes anatomical plasticity after rat spinal cord injury. Ishikawa Y, Imagama S, Ohgomori T, Ishiguro N, Kadomatsu K. Neurosci Lett. 2015 Mar 11.
- Influence of salt type and ionic strength on self-assembly of dextran sulfate-ciprofloxacin nanoplexes. Kutscher M, Cheow WS, Werner V, Lorenz U, Ohlsen K, Meinel L, Hadinoto K, Germershaus O. Int J Pharm. 2015 Mar 12.