Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|AlK(SO4)2• 12H2O||7784-24-9||N/A||62667||MFCD00149143||233-141-3||aluminum; potassium; disulfate; dodecahydrate||N/A||[Al+3].[K+].[O-]
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H24AlKO20S2||474.39||Clear to white crystals||92 °C||N/A||1.757 g/cm3||473.97548||473.97548||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Aluminum Potassium Sulfate Dodecahydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Aluminum Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metallic metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum Information Center.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word 'qali,' which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word 'kalium'. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium Information Center.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne]3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777 when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ALUMINUM POTASSIUM SULFATE DODECAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Alum; Alum, potassium; Alum, potassium, dodecahydrate; aluminium potassium sulfate 12-hydrate; Aluminium potassium sulfate dodecahydrate; aluminium potassium sulphate 12-hydrate; Aluminum potassium disulfate dodecahydrate; Aluminum potassium sulfate (1:1:2) dodecahydrate; aluminum potassium sulfate 12-hydrate; Kalinite; Potassium alum; Potassium alum dodecahydrate|
CUSTOMERS FOR ALUMINUM POTASSIUM SULFATE DODECAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Aluminum|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Antifungal effects of a 1444-nm neodymium:Yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser on onychomycosis: a pilot study. Choi MJ, Zheng Z, Goo B, Cho SB. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014
- A simple model for predicting aluminum bound phosphorus formation and internal loading reduction in lakes after aluminum addition to lake sediment. Huser BJ, Pilgrim KM. Water Res. 2014
- Synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of simple aluminum-based adsorbents for fluoride removal from drinking water. Du J, Sabatini DA, Butler EC. Chemosphere. 2014
- Perinatal multiple exposure to neurotoxic (lead, methylmercury, ethylmercury, and aluminum) substances and neurodevelopment at six and 24 months of age. Marques RC, Bernardi JV, DÃ³rea JG, de Fatima R Moreira M, Malm O. Environ Pollut. 2014
- A novel highly selective colorimetric sensor for aluminum (III) ion using Schiff base derivative. Wang DF, Ke YC, Guo HX, Chen J, Weng W. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Electrospray ionization with aluminum foil: A versatile mass spectrometric technique. Hu B, So PK, Yao ZP. Anal Chim Acta. 2014
- Enhancement of emission efficiency of colloidal CdSe quantum dots on silicon substrate via an ultra-thin layer of aluminum oxide. Patty K, Sadeghi SM, Nejat A, Mao CB. Nanotechnology. 2014
- Two C2-symmetric chelating P2-bisphosphazene superbases connected via a binaphthyl backbone - synthesis, structural features and preparation of a cationic alkyl aluminum complex. Kögel JF, Kneusels NJ, Sundermeyer J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Aluminum dialkyl phosphinate flame retardants and their hydrolysates: analytical method and occurrence in soil and sediment samples from a manufacturing site. Niu Y, Liu J, Liang Y, Hao Z, Liu J, Liu Y, Sun X. Environ Sci Technol. 2014
- Lack of efficacy with 1064-nm neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser for theÂ treatment of onychomycosis: A randomized, controlled trial. Hollmig ST, Rahman Z, Henderson MT, Rotatori RM, Gladstone H, Tang JY. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014
- Comparison of aluminum modified natural materials in the removal of fluoride ions. Teutli-Sequeira A, Solache-RÃos M, MartÃnez-Miranda V, Linares-HernÃ¡ndez I. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014
- Toxicity and dose determination of quillaja saponin, aluminum hydroxide and squalene in olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Vinay TN, Park CS, Kim HY, Jung SJ. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2014
- Oxidation of ligand-protected aluminum clusters: An ab initio molecular dynamics study. Alnemrat S, Hooper JP. J Chem Phys. 2014
- Localization of fluoride and aluminum in subcellular fractions of tea leaves and roots. Gao HJ, Zhao Q, Zhang XC, Wan XC, Mao JD. J Agric Food Chem. 2014
- Hippocampal neuronal metal ion imbalance related oxidative stress in a rat model of chronic aluminum exposure and neuroprotection of meloxicam. Yu L, Jiang R, Su Q, Yu H, Yang J. Behav Brain Funct. 2014
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering on aluminum using near infrared and visible excitation. Mogensen KB, Gühlke M, Kneipp J, Kadkhodazadeh S, Wagner JB, Espina Palanco M, Kneipp H, Kneipp K. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Atmospheric Pressure Atomic Layer Deposition of Al2O3 using Trimethyl Aluminum and Ozone. Mousa MB, Oldham CJ, Parsons GN. Langmuir. 2014
- Effects of sub-chronic aluminum chloride on spermatogenesis and testicular enzymatic activity in male rats. Zhu YZ, Sun H, Fu Y, Wang J, Song M, Li M, Li YF, Miao LG. Life Sci. 2014.
- Oxidative stress in blood and testicle of rat following intraperitoneal administration of aluminum and indium. Maghraoui S, Clichici S, Ayadi A, Login C, Moldovan R, Daicoviciu D, Decea N, Mureşan A, Tekaya L. Acta Physiol Hung. 2014
- Allylic Oxidation of Alkenes Catalyzed by a Copper-Aluminum Mixed Oxide. Garcíaa-Cabeza AL, MarÃn-Barrios R, Moreno-Dorado FJ, Ortega MJ, Massanet GM, Guerra FM. Org Lett. 2014.
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Comparison of 10% potassium hydroxide solution versus cryotherapy in the treatment of molluscum contagiosum: An open randomized clinical trial. Handjani F, Behazin E, Sadati MS. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014.
- Treatment of pediatric molluscum contagiosum with 10% potassium hydroxide solution. Can B, Topaloglu F, Kavala M, Turkoglu Z, Zindanci I, Sudogan S. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014 Jun.
- Relationships between the leaf and fruit mineral compositions of Actinidia deliciosa var. Hayward according to nitrogen and potassium fertilization. Santoni F, Paolini J, Barboni T, Costa J. Food Chem. 2014 Mar.
- Combined effects of potassium lactate and calcium ascorbate as sodium chloride substitutes on the physicochemical and sensory characteristics of low-sodium frankfurter sausage. Choi YM, Jung KC, Jo HM, Nam KW, Choe JH, Rhee MS, Kim BC. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan.
- Growth, structure and spectral studies of a novel mixed crystal potassium zinc manganese sulphate. Vijila Manonmoni J, Bhagavannarayana G, Ramasamy G, Meenakshisundaram S, Amutha M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- The effect of counter-ions on the ion selectivity of potassium and sodium ions in nanopores. Tang D, Kim D. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014
- Calcium and potassium content in beef: Influences on tenderness and associations with molecular markers in Nellore cattle. Tizioto PC, Gromboni CF, de Araujo Nogueira AR, de Souza MM, de Alvarenga Mudadu M, Tholon P, Rosa Ado N, Tullio RR, Medeiros SR, Nassu RT, de Almeida Regitano LC. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan.
- A Systematic Review of the Uterine Relaxant Effect of Potassium Channel Openers. Hantooshzadeh S, Rezaeizadeh G, Nikfar S, Ghiasi S, Abdollahi M. Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2013 Dec
- Effect of raw material ratios on the compressive strength of magnesium potassium phosphate chemically bonded ceramics. Wang AJ, Yuan ZL, Zhang J, Liu LT, Li JM, Liu Z. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Dec 1.
- Combined effects of potassium sorbate, hot water and thiabendazole against green mould of citrus fruit and residue levels. D'Aquino S, Fadda A, Barberis A, Palma A, Angioni A, Schirra M. Food Chem. 2013 Nov 15.
- Aptamer biosensor for label-free impedance spectroscopy detection of potassium ion based on DNA G-quadruplex conformation. Chen Z, Chen L, Ma H, Zhou T, Li X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013.
- Protective effects of hydrogen sulfide in a rat model of traumatic brain injury via activation of mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels and reduction of oxidative stress. Jiang X, Huang Y, Lin W, Gao D, Fei Z. J Surg Res. 2013 Oct
- Influence of metakaolin purities on potassium geopolymer formulation: The existence of several networks. Autef A, Joussein E, Poulesquen A, Gasgnier G, Pronier S, Sobrados I, Sanz J, Rossignol S. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013.
- Gain control of synaptic response function in cerebellar nuclear neurons by a calcium-activated potassium conductance. Feng SS, Lin R, Gauck V, Jaeger D. Cerebellum. 2013.
- A computational study of barium blockades in the KcsA potassium channel based on multi-ion potential of mean force calculations and free energy perturbation. Rowley CN, Roux B. J Gen Physiol. 2013.
- Formulation and evaluation of non-effervescent floating tablets of losartan potassium. Getyala A, Gangadharappa HV, Prasad MS, Reddy MP, Kumar TM. Curr Drug Deliv. 2013 Oct. SDF-1a and LPA modulate microglia potassium channels through rho gtpases to regulate cell morphology. Muessel MJ, Harry GJ, Armstrong DL, Storey NM. Glia.
- Paradoxical Activation of an Inwardly Rectifying Potassium Channel Mutant by Spermine: "(B)locking" Open the Bundle Crossing Gate. Vilin YY, Nunez JJ, Kim RY, Dake GR, Kurata HT. Mol Pharmacol. 2013.
- Potassium Channel Openers Increase Aortic Elastic Fiber Formation and Reverse the Genetically Determined Elastin Deficit in the BN Rat. Slove S, Lannoy M, Behmoaras J, Pezet M, Sloboda N, Lacolley P, Escoubet B, Buján J, Jacob MP. Hypertension. 2013 Oct.
- Property changes of urinary nanocrystallites and urine of uric acid stone formers after taking potassium citrate. Zhang GN, Ouyang JM, Xue JF, Shang YF. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Oct.
- Subcellular potassium and sodium distribution in Saccharomyces cerevisiae wild-type and vacuolar mutants. Herrera R, Alvarez MC, Gelis S, Ramos J. Biochem J. 2013.
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Lou H, Liu M, Qu W, Johnson J, Brunson E, Almoazen H. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Facile synthesis of calcium silicate hydrate using sodium dodecyl sulfate as a surfactant assisted by ultrasonic irradiation. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 | first author:Mehrali M
- Mucoadhesive polyethylenimine-dextran sulfate nanoparticles containing Punica granatum peel extract as a novel sustained-release antimicrobial. Tiyaboonchai, I Rodleang… Pharmaceutical… 2014.
- Reinvestigation of growth of thiourea urea zinc sulfate crystal. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Effects of arsenate, chromate, and sulfate on arsenic and chromium uptake and translocation by arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. Environ Pollut. 2014 | first author:de Oliveira LM
- A biomimetic extracellular matrix for cartilage tissue engineering centered on photocurable gelatin, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate. Acta Biomater. 2014 | first author:Levett PA
- The effects of fuel composition and ammonium sulfate addition on PCDD, PCDF, PCN and PCB concentrations during the combustion of biomass and paper production residuals. Chemosphere. 2014 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Lundin L
- Plant growth responses to inorganic environmental contaminants are density-dependent: Experiments with copper sulfate, barley and lettuce. Environ Pollut. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Hansi M
- Detection of Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycan 4 (CSPG4) in Melanoma. Methods Mol Biol. 2014 | first author:Wang Y
- Improving sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis detection of low-abundance protein samples by rapid freeze centrifugation. Anal Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Virgen-OrtÃz JJ
- Three complementary techniques for the clarification of temperature effect on low-density lipoprotein-chondroitin-6-sulfate interaction. Anal Biochem. 2013 | first author:Cilpa-Karhu G
- Biological sulfate removal from gypsum contaminated construction and demolition debris. J Environ Manage. 2013 | first author:Kijjanapanich P
- Dietary red meat aggravates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice whereas resistant starch attenuates inflammation. Dig Dis Sci. 2013 | first author:Le Leu RK
- Luminescence response of an osmium(II) complex to macromolecular polyanions for the detection of heparin and chondroitin sulfate in biomedical preparations. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 | first author:Wu H
- Novel family of insect salivary inhibitors blocks contact pathway activation by binding to polyphosphate, heparin, and dextran sulfate. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013 | first author:Alvarenga PH
- Effects of copper sulfate on growth and physiological responses of Limoniastrum monopetalum. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 | first author:CambrollÃ J
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate mediates activation of transcription factors CREB and ATF-1 via a GÎ±11-coupled receptor in the spermatogenic cell line GC-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 | first author:Shihan M
- Effect of salt additives on protein partition in polyethylene glycol-sodium sulfate aqueous two-phase systems. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/08/08 | first author:Ferreira L
- A kinetic study on bacterial sulfate reduction. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2013 | first author:Bernardez LA
- Perchlorate reduction from a highly contaminated groundwater in the presence of sulfate-reducing bacteria in a hydrogen-fed biofilm. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2013 | first author:Ontiveros-Valencia A