Aluminum Boron Alloy
Al-B Metal Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
Aluminum Boron is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, Ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metallic metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum Information Center.
Boron (atomic symbol: B, atomic number: 5) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 10.81. The number of electrons in each of boron's shells is 2, 3 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p1. The boron atom has a radius of 90 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Boron was discovered by Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac and Louis Jacques Thénard in 1808. It was first isolated by Humphry Davy, also in 1808. Boron is classified as a metalloid is not found naturally on earth. Along with carbon and nitrogen, boron is one of the few elements in the periodic table known to form stable compounds featuring triple bonds.Boron has an energy band gap of 1.50 to 1.56 eV, which is higher than that of either silicon or germanium. Boron is found in borates, borax, boric acid, colemanite, kernite, and ulexite.The name Boron originates from a combination of carbon and the Arabic word buraqu meaning borax. For more information on boron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of boron products, visit the Boron Information Center.
CUSTOMERS FOR ALUMINUM BORON ALLOY HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Aluminum|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Antifungal effects of a 1444-nm neodymium:Yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser on onychomycosis: a pilot study. Choi MJ, Zheng Z, Goo B, Cho SB. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014
- A simple model for predicting aluminum bound phosphorus formation and internal loading reduction in lakes after aluminum addition to lake sediment. Huser BJ, Pilgrim KM. Water Res. 2014
- Synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of simple aluminum-based adsorbents for fluoride removal from drinking water. Du J, Sabatini DA, Butler EC. Chemosphere. 2014
- Perinatal multiple exposure to neurotoxic (lead, methylmercury, ethylmercury, and aluminum) substances and neurodevelopment at six and 24 months of age. Marques RC, Bernardi JV, DÃ³rea JG, de Fatima R Moreira M, Malm O. Environ Pollut. 2014
- A novel highly selective colorimetric sensor for aluminum (III) ion using Schiff base derivative. Wang DF, Ke YC, Guo HX, Chen J, Weng W. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Electrospray ionization with aluminum foil: A versatile mass spectrometric technique. Hu B, So PK, Yao ZP. Anal Chim Acta. 2014
- Enhancement of emission efficiency of colloidal CdSe quantum dots on silicon substrate via an ultra-thin layer of aluminum oxide. Patty K, Sadeghi SM, Nejat A, Mao CB. Nanotechnology. 2014
- Two C2-symmetric chelating P2-bisphosphazene superbases connected via a binaphthyl backbone - synthesis, structural features and preparation of a cationic alkyl aluminum complex. Kögel JF, Kneusels NJ, Sundermeyer J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Aluminum dialkyl phosphinate flame retardants and their hydrolysates: analytical method and occurrence in soil and sediment samples from a manufacturing site. Niu Y, Liu J, Liang Y, Hao Z, Liu J, Liu Y, Sun X. Environ Sci Technol. 2014
- Lack of efficacy with 1064-nm neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser for theÂ treatment of onychomycosis: A randomized, controlled trial. Hollmig ST, Rahman Z, Henderson MT, Rotatori RM, Gladstone H, Tang JY. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014
- Comparison of aluminum modified natural materials in the removal of fluoride ions. Teutli-Sequeira A, Solache-RÃos M, MartÃnez-Miranda V, Linares-HernÃ¡ndez I. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014
- Toxicity and dose determination of quillaja saponin, aluminum hydroxide and squalene in olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Vinay TN, Park CS, Kim HY, Jung SJ. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2014
- Oxidation of ligand-protected aluminum clusters: An ab initio molecular dynamics study. Alnemrat S, Hooper JP. J Chem Phys. 2014
- Localization of fluoride and aluminum in subcellular fractions of tea leaves and roots. Gao HJ, Zhao Q, Zhang XC, Wan XC, Mao JD. J Agric Food Chem. 2014
- Hippocampal neuronal metal ion imbalance related oxidative stress in a rat model of chronic aluminum exposure and neuroprotection of meloxicam. Yu L, Jiang R, Su Q, Yu H, Yang J. Behav Brain Funct. 2014
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering on aluminum using near infrared and visible excitation. Mogensen KB, Gühlke M, Kneipp J, Kadkhodazadeh S, Wagner JB, Espina Palanco M, Kneipp H, Kneipp K. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Atmospheric Pressure Atomic Layer Deposition of Al2O3 using Trimethyl Aluminum and Ozone. Mousa MB, Oldham CJ, Parsons GN. Langmuir. 2014
- Effects of sub-chronic aluminum chloride on spermatogenesis and testicular enzymatic activity in male rats. Zhu YZ, Sun H, Fu Y, Wang J, Song M, Li M, Li YF, Miao LG. Life Sci. 2014.
- Oxidative stress in blood and testicle of rat following intraperitoneal administration of aluminum and indium. Maghraoui S, Clichici S, Ayadi A, Login C, Moldovan R, Daicoviciu D, Decea N, Mureşan A, Tekaya L. Acta Physiol Hung. 2014
- Allylic Oxidation of Alkenes Catalyzed by a Copper-Aluminum Mixed Oxide. Garcíaa-Cabeza AL, MarÃn-Barrios R, Moreno-Dorado FJ, Ortega MJ, Massanet GM, Guerra FM. Org Lett. 2014.
Recent Research & Development for Boron
- Immunosuppressive agent leflunomide: A SWNTs-immobilized dihydroortate dehydrogenase inhibitory effect and computational study of its adsorption properties on zigzag single walled (6,0) carbon and boron nitride nanotubes as controlled drug delivery devices. Raissi H, Mollania F. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2014.
- An improved procedure for separation/purification of boron from complex matrices and high-precision measurement of boron isotopes by positive thermal ionization and multicollector inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Wei HZ, Jiang SY, Gary Hemming N, Yang JH, Yang T, Wu HP, Yang TL, Yan X, Pu W. Talanta. 2014.
- Towards the design of novel boron- and nitrogen-substituted ammonia-borane and bifunctional arene ruthenium catalysts for hydrogen storage. Bandaru S, English NJ, Phillips AD, Macelroy JM. J Comput Chem. 2014.
- Dipolar polarization and piezoelectricity of a hexagonal boron nitride sheet decorated with hydrogen and fluorine. Noor-A-Alam M, Kim HJ, Shin YH. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014.
- The role of isovalency in the reactions of the cyano (CN), boron monoxide (BO), silicon nitride (SiN), and ethynyl (C2H) radicals with unsaturated hydrocarbons acetylene (C2H2) and ethylene (C2H4). Parker DS, Mebel AM, Kaiser RI. Chem Soc Rev. 2014.
- Indirect photometric detection of boron cluster anions electrophoretically separated in methanol. Vítová L, Fojt L, Vespalec R. J Chromatogr A. 2014.
- Mechanical properties of boron-nitride nanotubes after intense femtosecond-laser excitation. Bauerhenne B, Zijlstra ES, Kalitsov A, Garcia ME. Nanotechnology. 2014.
- Effects of boron on structure and antioxidative activities of spleen in rats. Hu Q, Li S, Qiao E, Tang Z, Jin E, Jin G, Gu Y. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2014.
- Boron deficiency results in early repression of a cytokinin receptor gene and abnormal cell differentiation in the apical root meristem of Arabidopsis thaliana. Abreu I, Poza L, Bonilla I, Bolaños L. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2014.
- A clear-cut example of selective bpin?bdan activation and precise bdan transfer on boron conjugate addition. Cid J, Carbó JJ, Fernández E. Chemistry. 2014.
- Electronic and magnetic properties of boron nitride nanoribbons with square-octagon (4?|?8) line defects. Han Y, Li R, Zhou J, Dong J, Kawazoe Y. Nanotechnology. 2014 Mar.
- Effect of substitutionally boron-doped single-walled semiconducting zigzag carbon nanotubes on ammonia adsorption. Vikramaditya T, Sumithra K. J Comput Chem. 2014.
- Boron removal by electrocoagulation and recovery. Isa MH, Ezechi EH, Ahmed Z, Magram SF, Kutty SR. Water Res. 2014.
- Lattice match and lattice mismatch models of graphene on hexagonal boron nitride from first principles. Zhao X, Li L, Zhao M. J Phys Condens Matter.
- Oxovanadium(v)-induced diastereoselective oxidative homocoupling of boron enolates. Amaya T, Masuda T, Maegawa Y, Hirao T. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Mar.
- Leaching of boron, arsenic and selenium from sedimentary rocks: II. pH dependence, speciation and mechanisms of release. Tabelin CB, Hashimoto A, Igarashi T, Yoneda T. Sci Total Environ. 2014 Mar.
- The acceleration of boron neutron capture therapy using multi-linked mercaptoundecahydrododecaborate (BSH) fused cell-penetrating peptide. Michiue H, Sakurai Y, Kondo N, Kitamatsu M, Bin F, Nakajima K, Hirota Y, Kawabata S, Nishiki T, Ohmori I, Tomizawa K, Miyatake S, Ono K, Matsui H. Biomaterials. 2014 Mar.
- Is Ca(2+) involved in the signal transduction pathway of boron deficiency? New hypotheses for sensing boron deprivation. González-Fontes A, Navarro-Gochicoa MT, Camacho-Cristóbal JJ, Herrera-Rodríguez MB, Quiles-Pando C, Rexach J. Plant Sci. 2014 Mar.
- Density of states of helically symmetric boron carbon nitride nanotubes. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 | first author:Carvalho AC
- Luminescence of solvate of boron difluoride dibenzoylmethanate with benzene: Aggregates formation. Fedorenko EV, Mirochnik AG, Lvov IB, Vovna VI. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Feb.