Aluminum Iron Alloy
Al-Fe Metal Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
Aluminum Iron is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Aluminum Iron is available as bar, Ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for evaporation. Aluminum Iron is generally immediately available in most volumes. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metallic metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum Information Center.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite , hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron Information Center.
CUSTOMERS FOR ALUMINUM IRON ALLOY HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Aluminum|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Antifungal effects of a 1444-nm neodymium:Yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser on onychomycosis: a pilot study. Choi MJ, Zheng Z, Goo B, Cho SB. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014
- A simple model for predicting aluminum bound phosphorus formation and internal loading reduction in lakes after aluminum addition to lake sediment. Huser BJ, Pilgrim KM. Water Res. 2014
- Synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of simple aluminum-based adsorbents for fluoride removal from drinking water. Du J, Sabatini DA, Butler EC. Chemosphere. 2014
- Perinatal multiple exposure to neurotoxic (lead, methylmercury, ethylmercury, and aluminum) substances and neurodevelopment at six and 24 months of age. Marques RC, Bernardi JV, DÃ³rea JG, de Fatima R Moreira M, Malm O. Environ Pollut. 2014
- A novel highly selective colorimetric sensor for aluminum (III) ion using Schiff base derivative. Wang DF, Ke YC, Guo HX, Chen J, Weng W. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Electrospray ionization with aluminum foil: A versatile mass spectrometric technique. Hu B, So PK, Yao ZP. Anal Chim Acta. 2014
- Enhancement of emission efficiency of colloidal CdSe quantum dots on silicon substrate via an ultra-thin layer of aluminum oxide. Patty K, Sadeghi SM, Nejat A, Mao CB. Nanotechnology. 2014
- Two C2-symmetric chelating P2-bisphosphazene superbases connected via a binaphthyl backbone - synthesis, structural features and preparation of a cationic alkyl aluminum complex. Kögel JF, Kneusels NJ, Sundermeyer J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Aluminum dialkyl phosphinate flame retardants and their hydrolysates: analytical method and occurrence in soil and sediment samples from a manufacturing site. Niu Y, Liu J, Liang Y, Hao Z, Liu J, Liu Y, Sun X. Environ Sci Technol. 2014
- Lack of efficacy with 1064-nm neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser for theÂ treatment of onychomycosis: A randomized, controlled trial. Hollmig ST, Rahman Z, Henderson MT, Rotatori RM, Gladstone H, Tang JY. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014
- Comparison of aluminum modified natural materials in the removal of fluoride ions. Teutli-Sequeira A, Solache-RÃos M, MartÃnez-Miranda V, Linares-HernÃ¡ndez I. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014
- Toxicity and dose determination of quillaja saponin, aluminum hydroxide and squalene in olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Vinay TN, Park CS, Kim HY, Jung SJ. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2014
- Oxidation of ligand-protected aluminum clusters: An ab initio molecular dynamics study. Alnemrat S, Hooper JP. J Chem Phys. 2014
- Localization of fluoride and aluminum in subcellular fractions of tea leaves and roots. Gao HJ, Zhao Q, Zhang XC, Wan XC, Mao JD. J Agric Food Chem. 2014
- Hippocampal neuronal metal ion imbalance related oxidative stress in a rat model of chronic aluminum exposure and neuroprotection of meloxicam. Yu L, Jiang R, Su Q, Yu H, Yang J. Behav Brain Funct. 2014
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering on aluminum using near infrared and visible excitation. Mogensen KB, Gühlke M, Kneipp J, Kadkhodazadeh S, Wagner JB, Espina Palanco M, Kneipp H, Kneipp K. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Atmospheric Pressure Atomic Layer Deposition of Al2O3 using Trimethyl Aluminum and Ozone. Mousa MB, Oldham CJ, Parsons GN. Langmuir. 2014
- Effects of sub-chronic aluminum chloride on spermatogenesis and testicular enzymatic activity in male rats. Zhu YZ, Sun H, Fu Y, Wang J, Song M, Li M, Li YF, Miao LG. Life Sci. 2014.
- Oxidative stress in blood and testicle of rat following intraperitoneal administration of aluminum and indium. Maghraoui S, Clichici S, Ayadi A, Login C, Moldovan R, Daicoviciu D, Decea N, Mureşan A, Tekaya L. Acta Physiol Hung. 2014
- Allylic Oxidation of Alkenes Catalyzed by a Copper-Aluminum Mixed Oxide. Garcíaa-Cabeza AL, MarÃn-Barrios R, Moreno-Dorado FJ, Ortega MJ, Massanet GM, Guerra FM. Org Lett. 2014.
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Synthesis and characterization of new derivatives of alginic acid and evaluation of their iron(III)-crosslinked beads as potential controlled release matrices. Abulateefeh SR, Khanfar MA, Al Bakain RZ, Taha MO. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014
- Iron oxide nanoparticle agglomeration influences dose rates and modulates oxidative stress-mediated dose-response profiles in vitro. Sharma G, Kodali V, Gaffrey M, Wang W, Minard KR, Karin NJ, Teeguarden JG, Thrall BD. Nanotoxicology. 2014
- Physicochemical and structural characterization of iron-sucrose formulations: a comparative study. Barot BS, Parejiya PB, Mehta DM, Shelat PK, Shah GB. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014
- A photonic crystal biosensor assay for ferritin utilizing iron-oxide nanoparticles. Peterson RD, Cunningham BT, Andrade JE. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014
- The interaction of DNA with phytoferritin during iron oxidation. Yang R, Yang S, Liao X, Deng J, Zhao G. Food Chem. 2014
- Evaluation of different methods for determination of the iron saturation level in bovine lactoferrin. Bokkhim H, Tran T, Bansal N, GrÃ¸ndahl L, Bhandari B. Food Chem. 2014
- Colloidal iron(III) pyrophosphate particles. Rossi L, Velikov KP, Philipse AP. Food Chem. 2014
- Hyperspectral fluorescence imaging for cellular iron mapping in the in vitro model of Parkinson's disease. Oh ES, Heo C, Kim JS, Suh M, Lee YH, Kim JM. J Biomed Opt. 2014
- Hyaluronic acid-modified hydrothermally synthesized iron oxide nanoparticles for targeted tumor MR imaging. Li J, He Y, Sun W, Luo Y, Cai H, Pan Y, Shen M, Xia J, Shi X. Biomaterials. 2014
- Reducing iron in the brain: a novel pharmacologic mechanism of huperzine A in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Huang XT, Qian ZM, He X, Gong Q, Wu KC, Jiang LR, Lu LN, Zhu ZJ, Zhang HY, Yung WH, Ke Y. Neurobiol Aging. 2014
- Cation exchange resin immobilized bimetallic nickel-iron nanoparticles to facilitate their application in pollutants degradation. Ni SQ, Yang N. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014
- Phenomenological study and application of the combined influence of iron concentration and irradiance on the photo-Fenton process to remove micropollutants. Carra I, García Sánchez JL, Casas López JL, Malato S, Sánchez Pérez JA. Sci Total Environ. 2014.
- Pharmaceutical characterization and thermodynamic stability assessment of a colloidal iron drug product: Iron sucrose. Shah RB, Yang Y, Khan MA, Raw A, Yu LX, Faustino PJ. Int J Pharm. 2014.
- Oxidation of Orange G by persulfate activated by Fe(II), Fe(III) and zero valent iron (ZVI). Rodriguez S, Vasquez L, Costa D, Romero A, Santos A. Chemosphere. 2014
- Iron status as a covariate in methylmercury-associated neurotoxicity risk. Fonseca Mde F, De Souza Hacon S, Grandjean P, Choi AL, Bastos WR. Chemosphere. 2014
- Diminution of 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride toxicity on Listeria monocytogenes growth by iron source addition to the culture medium. Junillon T, Flandrois JP. Food Microbiol. 2014
- Iron deficiency anaemia and cataracts in a patient with haemochromatosis. Peiffer KH, Niemeyer M, Buslau A, Kohnen T, Muckenthaler MU, Zeuzem S, Sarrazin C. Gut. 2014
- Influence of Iron Deficiency Anemia on Hemoglobin A1C Levels in Diabetic Individuals with Controlled Plasma Glucose Levels. Christy AL, Manjrekar PA, Babu RP, Hegde A, M S R. Iran Biomed J. 2014
- Antioxidant enzymes and oxidative stress in the erythrocytes of iron deficiency anemic patients supplemented with vitamins. Madhikarmi NL, Murthy KR. Iran Biomed J. 2014
- Assessing carbon-encapsulated iron nanoparticles cytotoxicity in Lewis lung carcinoma cells. Grudzinski IP, Bystrzejewski M, Cywinska MA, Kosmider A, Poplawska M, Cieszanowski A, Fijalek Z, Ostrowska A, Parzonko A. J Appl Toxicol. 2014