Aluminum Nickel Alloy
Al-Ni Metal Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Al-21% Ni-79%||AL-NI-01-P.21AL||Request Quote|
|Al-41% Ni-59%||AL-NI-01-P.41AL||Request Quote|
|Al-50% Ni-50%||AL-NI-01-P.50NI||Request Quote|
|Al-80% Ni-20%||AL-NI-01-P.20NI||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES*||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|NiAl||85.674939||Grey powder||N/A||1350 °C||7.5g/cm3||84.916882||84.9169998168945 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
* for 50/50 composition
Aluminum Nickel is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Aluminum Nickel is available as bar, Ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for evaporation. Aluminum Nickel is generally immediately available in most volumes. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
Nickel (atomic symbol: Ni, atomic number: 28) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.6934. The number of electrons in each of nickel's shells is [2, 8, 16, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar]3d8 4s2. Nickel was first discovered by Alex Constedt in 1751. The nickel atom has a radius of 124 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 184 pm. In its elemental form, nickel has a lustrous metallic silver appearance. Nickel is a hard and ductile transition metal that is considered corrosion-resistant because of its slow rate of oxidation. It is one of four elements that are ferromagnetic and is used in the production of various type of magnets for commercial use. Nickel is sometimes found free in nature but is more commonly found in ores. The bulk of mined nickel comes from laterite and magmatic sulfide ores. The name originates from the German word kupfernickel, which means "false copper" from the illusory copper color of the ore. For more information on nickel, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of nickel products, visit the Nickel element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3089 4.1/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ALUMINUM NICKEL ALLOY SYNONYMS|
|Nickel aluminum (1:1), nickel aluminide, Raney nickel|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Coagulation behavior and floc properties of compound bioflocculant-polyaluminum chloride dual-coagulants and polymeric aluminum in low temperature surface water treatment. Huang X, Sun S, Gao B, Yue Q, Wang Y, Li Q. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Apr 1: J Environ Sci (China)
- Tannoid principles of Emblica officinalis renovate cognitive deficits and attenuate amyloid pathologies against aluminum chloride induced rat model of Alzheimer's disease. Justin Thenmozhi A, Dhivyabharathi M, William Raja TR, Manivasagam T, Mohamed Essa M. Nutr Neurosci. 2015 Apr 4. : Nutr Neurosci
- Vertically-aligned carbon nanotubes on aluminum as a light-weight positive electrode for lithium-polysulfide batteries. Liatard S, Benhamouda K, Fournier A, Ramos R, Barchasz C, Dijon J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 8. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- Treatment of Melasma in Men With Low-Fluence Q-Switched Neodymium-Doped Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet Laser Versus Combined Laser and Glycolic Acid Peeling. Vachiramon V, Sahawatwong S, Sirithanabadeekul P. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Mar 9.
- Cytotoxic and genotoxic characterization of aluminum and silicon oxide nanoparticles in macrophages. Hashimoto M, Imazato S. Dent Mater. 2015 Mar 5.
- Hybrid Structures of Polycationic aluminum phthalocyanines and quantum dots. Maksimov EG, Gvozdev DA, Strakhovskaya MG, Paschenko VZ. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- Chitosan-aluminum monostearate composite sponge dressing containing asiaticoside for wound healing and angiogenesis promotion in chronic wound. Phaechamud T, Yodkhum K, Charoenteeraboon J, Tabata Y. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 May
- The Metal-Organic Framework MIL-53(Al) Constructed from Multiple Metal Sources: Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, and Boehmite. Li Z, Wu YN, Li J, Zhang Y, Zou X, Li F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.
- ZnO-based thin film transistors employing aluminum titanate gate dielectrics deposited by spray pyrolysis at ambient air. Afouxenidis D, Mazzocco R, Vourlias G, Livesley PJ, Krier A, Milne WI, Kolosov OV, Adamopoulos G. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- The impact of thickness and thermal annealing on refractive index for aluminum oxide thin films deposited by atomic layer deposition. Wang ZY, Zhang RJ, Lu HL, Chen X, Sun Y, Zhang Y, Wei YF, Xu JP, Wang SY, Zheng YX, Chen LY. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2015 Feb 6: Nanoscale Res Lett
Recent Research & Development for Nickel
- Crystal structure of bis-(azido-κN)bis-[2,5-bis-(pyridin-2-yl)-1,3,4-thia-diazole-κ(2) N (2),N (3)]nickel(II). Laachir A, Bentiss F, Guesmi S, Saadi M, El Ammari L. Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun. 2015 Jan 14: Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun
- Selective Nickel-Catalyzed Conversion of Model and Lignin-Derived Phenolic Compounds to Cyclohexanone-Based Polymer Building Blocks. Schutyser W, Van den Bosch S, Dijkmans J, Turner S, Meledina M, Van Tendeloo G, Debecker DP, Sels BF. ChemSusChem. 2015 Apr 16.: ChemSusChem
- Oxidation of carbon monoxide in basic solution catalyzed by nickel cyano carbonyls under ambient conditions and the prototype of a CO-powered alkaline fuel cell. Lo W, Hu C, Berenson T, Tracer N, Shlian D, Khaloo M, Benhaim A, Jiang J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 13. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- Crystal structure of tetra-aqua-bis-(thio-cyanato-κN)nickel(II)-2,5-di-methyl-pyrazine (1/4). Suckert S, Wriedt M, Jess I, Näther C. Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun. 2015 Jan 3: Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun
- Solar Hydrogen Production Using Carbon Quantum Dots and a Molecular Nickel Catalyst. Martindale BC, Hutton GA, Caputo CA, Reisner E. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Apr 13. : J Am Chem Soc
- Nickel hypersensitivity and orthodontic treatment: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Gölz L, Papageorgiou SN, Jäger A. Contact Dermatitis. 2015 Apr 16.: Contact Dermatitis
- Crystal structure of trans-(1,8-dibutyl-1,3,6,8,10,13-hexa-aza-cyclo-tetra-decane-κ(4) N (3),N (6),N (10),N (13))bis-(5-methyltetra-zolato-κN)nickel(II) from synchrotron data. Kim DW, Shin JW, Kim JH, Moon D. Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun. 2015 Jan 17: Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun
- Preparation of magnetic core-shell iron oxide@silica@nickel-ethylene glycol microspheres for highly efficient sorption of uranium(vi). Tan L, Zhang X, Liu Q, Wang J, Sun Y, Jing X, Liu J, Song D, Liu L. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Electronic properties of nickel-doped TiO2 anatase. Jensen S, Kilin DS. J Phys Condens Matter. 2015 Mar 13
- A high performance nonenzymatic electrochemical glucose sensor based on polyvinylpyrrolidone-graphene nanosheets-nickel nanoparticles-chitosan nanocomposite. Liu Z, Guo Y, Dong C. Talanta. 2015 May