High Purity Al2S3
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Al2S3||150.16||gray solid||1,100° C
|2.32 g/cm3||149.879289||149.879288 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Aluminum Sulfide is a moderately water and acid soluble Aluminum source for uses compatible with sulfates. Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles (See also application discussion at Nanotechnology Information and at Quantum Dots) and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar energy materials and fuel cells. Aluminum Sulfide is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale (See also Nanotechnology Information and Quantum Dots) elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metallic metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum Information Center.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne]3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777 when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ALUMINUM SULFIDE SYNONYMS|
|Aluminum sulfide (Al2S3), dialuminum sulfur(-2) dihydride anion, sulfanylidene-sulfanylidenealumanylsulfanyl-alumane, Dialuminium trisulphide, thioxo-(thioxoalumanylthio)alumane, sulfanylidene-sulfanylidenealumanylsulfanylalumane, aluminum sulfide (2:3), aluminum sesquisulfide|
CUSTOMERS FOR ALUMINUM SULFIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Aluminum|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- M.A. Deyab, Corrosion protection of aluminum bipolar plates with polyaniline coating containing carbon nanotubes in acidic medium inside the polymer electrolyte membrane fuel cell, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014 Keywords: Carbon nanotubes; Conductive polymer; Aluminum; Corrosion; Coating
- Feng Wang, Wei Wang, Ran Ran, Moses O. Tade, Zongping Shao, Aluminum oxide as a dual-functional modifier of Ni-based anodes of solid oxide fuel cells for operation on simulated biogas, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- E. Linga Reddy, J. Karuppiah, Hyun Chan Lee, Dong Hyun Kim, Steam reforming of methanol over copper loaded anodized aluminum oxide (AAO) prepared through electrodeposition, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- H.X. Meng, N. Wang, Y.M. Dong, Z.L. Jia, L.J. Gao, Y.J. Chai, Influence of M–B (M = Fe, Co, Ni) on aluminum–water reaction, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014
- Wassima El Mofid, Svetlozar Ivanov, Alexander Konkin, Andreas Bund, A high performance layered transition metal oxide cathode material obtained by simultaneous aluminum and iron cationic substitution, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 268, 5 December 2014,
- Qin Xu, Wen-Jiang Ye, Shun-Zhen Feng, Hui-Yuan Sun, Synthesis and properties of iridescent Co-containing anodic aluminum oxide films, Dyes and Pigments, Volume 111, December 2014
- Fang He, Zhibiao Hu, Kaiyu Liu, Shuirong Zhang, Hongtao Liu, Shangbin Sang, In situ fabrication of nickel aluminum-layered double hydroxide nanosheets/hollow carbon nanofibers composite as a novel electrode material for supercapacitors, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 267, 1 December 2014
- Marzena Sujkowska-Rybkowska, Wojciech Borucki, Accumulation and localization of extensin protein in apoplast of pea root nodule under aluminum stress, Micron, Volume 67, December 2014
- A.W. AlShaer, L. Li, A. Mistry, The effects of short pulse laser surface cleaning on porosity formation and reduction in laser welding of aluminium alloy for automotive component manufacture, Optics & Laser Technology, Volume 64, December 2014
- Nursen Saklakoglu, Simge Gencalp Irizalp, Erhan Akman, Arif Demir, Near surface modification of aluminum alloy induced by laser shock processing, Optics & Laser Technology, Volume 64, December 2014
Recent Research & Development for Sulfides
- Hydrogen sulfide and cell signaling: Team player or referee? Hancock JT, Whiteman M. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2014.
- Reactive iron sulfide (FeS)-supported ultrafiltration for removal of mercury (Hg(II)) from water. Han DS, Orillano M, Khodary A, Duan Y, Batchelor B, Abdel-Wahab A. Water Res. 2014.
- Kinetic and stoichiometric characterization of anoxic sulfide oxidation by SO-NR mixed cultures from anoxic biotrickling filters. Mora M, Fernández M, Gómez JM, Cantero D, Lafuente J, Gamisans X, Gabriel D. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2014.
- Synthesis of nickel sulfide nanoparticles loaded on activated carbon as a novel adsorbent for the competitive removal of Methylene blue and Safranin-O. Ghaedi M, Pakniat M, Mahmoudi Z, Hajati S, Sahraei R, Daneshfar A. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Disturbance of endogenous hydrogen sulfide generation and endoplasmic reticulum stress in hippocampus are involved in homocysteine-induced defect in learning and memory of rats. Li MH, Tang JP, Zhang P, Li X, Wang CY, Wei HJ, Yang XF, Zou W, Tang XQ. Behav Brain Res. 2014
- Biochemical and behavioural responses of the marine polychaete Hediste diversicolor to cadmium sulfide quantum dots (CdS QDs): Waterborne and dietary exposure. Buffet PE, Poirier L, Zalouk-Vergnoux A, Lopes C, Amiard JC, Gaudin P, Risso-de Faverney C, Guibbolini M, Gilliland D, Perrein-Ettajani H, Valsami-Jones E, Mouneyrac C. Chemosphere. 2014
- GYY4137, a hydrogen sulfide (H2S) donor, shows potent anti-hepatocellular carcinoma activity through blocking the STAT3 pathway. Lu S, Gao Y, Huang X, Wang X. Int J Oncol. 2014
- Manipulating surface ligands of Copper Sulfide nanocrystals: Synthesis, characterization, and application to organic solar cells. Li J, Jiu T, Tao GH, Wang G, Sun C, Li P, Fang J, He L. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014
- Recolonization of macrozoobenthos on defaunated sediments in a hypertrophic brackish lagoon: Effects of sulfide removal and sediment grain size. Kanaya G. Mar Environ Res. 2014
- Experimental design based response surface methodology optimization of ultrasonic assisted adsorption of safaranin O by tin sulfide nanoparticle loaded on activated carbon. Roosta M, Ghaedi M, Daneshfar A, Sahraei R. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Metal sulfide-functionalized DNA concatamer for ultrasensitive electronic monitoring of ATP using a programmable capillary-based aptasensor. Liu B, Zhang B, Chen G, Yang H, Tang D. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Mar.
- Self-assembly of manganese doped zinc sulfide quantum dots/CTAB nanohybrids for detection of rutin. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 | first author:Miao Y
- Silver sulfide nanoparticles sensitized titanium dioxide nanotube arrays synthesized by in situ sulfurization for photocatalytic hydrogen production. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 | first author:Liu X
- A sensitive method for the sulfur isotope analysis of dimethyl sulfide and dimethylsulfoniopropionate in seawater. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2013 | first author:Said-Ahmad W
- Target-stimulated metallic HgS nanostructures on a DNA-based polyion complex membrane for highly efficient impedimetric detection of dissolved hydrogen sulfide. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 | first author:Zhuang J
- A fatal work-related poisoning by hydrogen sulfide: report on a case. Am J Forensic Med Pathol. 2013 create date:2013/11/08 | first author:Lancia M
- Highly enantioselective oxidation of phenyl methyl sulfide and its derivatives into optically pure (S)-sulfoxides with Rhodococcus sp. CCZU10-1 in an n-octane-water biphasic system. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013 create date:2013/10/05 | first author:He YC
- Biochemical properties of nematode O-acetylserine(thiol)lyase paralogs imply their distinct roles in hydrogen sulfide homeostasis. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 | first author:Vozdek R
- Involvement of hydrogen sulfide and homocysteine transsulfuration pathway in the progression of kidney fibrosis after ureteral obstruction. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 | first author:Jung KJ
- High electrocatalytic activity of self-standing hollow NiCo2S4 single crystalline nanorod arrays towards sulfide redox shuttles in quantum dot-sensitized solar cells. Chem Commun (Camb). | first author:Xiao J