Aluminum Titanium Alloy
Al-Ti Metal Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
Aluminum Titanium is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, Ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metallic metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum Information Center.
Titanium (atomic symbol: Ti, atomic number: 22) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 47.867. The number of electrons in each of Titanium's shells is [2, 8, 10, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d2 4s2. The titanium atom has a radius of 147 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 187 pm. Titanium was discovered by William Gregor in 1791 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1825. n its elemental form, titanium has a silvery grey-white metallic appearance. Titanium's properties are chemically and physically similar to zirconium, both of which have the same number of valence electrons and are in the same group in the periodic table. Titanium has five naturally occurring isotopes: 46Ti through 50Ti, with 48Ti being the most abundant (73.8%). Titanium is found in igneous rocks and the sediments derived from them. It is named after the word Titanos, which is Greek for Titans. For more information on titanium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of titanium products, visit the Titanium Information Center.
CUSTOMERS FOR ALUMINUM TITANIUM ALLOY HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Aluminum|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Antifungal effects of a 1444-nm neodymium:Yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser on onychomycosis: a pilot study. Choi MJ, Zheng Z, Goo B, Cho SB. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014
- A simple model for predicting aluminum bound phosphorus formation and internal loading reduction in lakes after aluminum addition to lake sediment. Huser BJ, Pilgrim KM. Water Res. 2014
- Synthesis, characterization, and evaluation of simple aluminum-based adsorbents for fluoride removal from drinking water. Du J, Sabatini DA, Butler EC. Chemosphere. 2014
- Perinatal multiple exposure to neurotoxic (lead, methylmercury, ethylmercury, and aluminum) substances and neurodevelopment at six and 24 months of age. Marques RC, Bernardi JV, DÃ³rea JG, de Fatima R Moreira M, Malm O. Environ Pollut. 2014
- A novel highly selective colorimetric sensor for aluminum (III) ion using Schiff base derivative. Wang DF, Ke YC, Guo HX, Chen J, Weng W. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Electrospray ionization with aluminum foil: A versatile mass spectrometric technique. Hu B, So PK, Yao ZP. Anal Chim Acta. 2014
- Enhancement of emission efficiency of colloidal CdSe quantum dots on silicon substrate via an ultra-thin layer of aluminum oxide. Patty K, Sadeghi SM, Nejat A, Mao CB. Nanotechnology. 2014
- Two C2-symmetric chelating P2-bisphosphazene superbases connected via a binaphthyl backbone - synthesis, structural features and preparation of a cationic alkyl aluminum complex. Kögel JF, Kneusels NJ, Sundermeyer J. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Aluminum dialkyl phosphinate flame retardants and their hydrolysates: analytical method and occurrence in soil and sediment samples from a manufacturing site. Niu Y, Liu J, Liang Y, Hao Z, Liu J, Liu Y, Sun X. Environ Sci Technol. 2014
- Lack of efficacy with 1064-nm neodymium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser for theÂ treatment of onychomycosis: A randomized, controlled trial. Hollmig ST, Rahman Z, Henderson MT, Rotatori RM, Gladstone H, Tang JY. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014
- Comparison of aluminum modified natural materials in the removal of fluoride ions. Teutli-Sequeira A, Solache-RÃos M, MartÃnez-Miranda V, Linares-HernÃ¡ndez I. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014
- Toxicity and dose determination of quillaja saponin, aluminum hydroxide and squalene in olive flounder (Paralichthys olivaceus). Vinay TN, Park CS, Kim HY, Jung SJ. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2014
- Oxidation of ligand-protected aluminum clusters: An ab initio molecular dynamics study. Alnemrat S, Hooper JP. J Chem Phys. 2014
- Localization of fluoride and aluminum in subcellular fractions of tea leaves and roots. Gao HJ, Zhao Q, Zhang XC, Wan XC, Mao JD. J Agric Food Chem. 2014
- Hippocampal neuronal metal ion imbalance related oxidative stress in a rat model of chronic aluminum exposure and neuroprotection of meloxicam. Yu L, Jiang R, Su Q, Yu H, Yang J. Behav Brain Funct. 2014
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering on aluminum using near infrared and visible excitation. Mogensen KB, Gühlke M, Kneipp J, Kadkhodazadeh S, Wagner JB, Espina Palanco M, Kneipp H, Kneipp K. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Atmospheric Pressure Atomic Layer Deposition of Al2O3 using Trimethyl Aluminum and Ozone. Mousa MB, Oldham CJ, Parsons GN. Langmuir. 2014
- Effects of sub-chronic aluminum chloride on spermatogenesis and testicular enzymatic activity in male rats. Zhu YZ, Sun H, Fu Y, Wang J, Song M, Li M, Li YF, Miao LG. Life Sci. 2014.
- Oxidative stress in blood and testicle of rat following intraperitoneal administration of aluminum and indium. Maghraoui S, Clichici S, Ayadi A, Login C, Moldovan R, Daicoviciu D, Decea N, Mureşan A, Tekaya L. Acta Physiol Hung. 2014
- Allylic Oxidation of Alkenes Catalyzed by a Copper-Aluminum Mixed Oxide. Garcíaa-Cabeza AL, MarÃn-Barrios R, Moreno-Dorado FJ, Ortega MJ, Massanet GM, Guerra FM. Org Lett. 2014.
Recent Research & Development for Titanium
- Enhanced cellular responses to titanium coating with hierarchical hybrid structure. Xie Y, Ao H, Xin S, Zheng X, Ding C. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014.
- Surface modification of titanium substrates with silver nanoparticles embedded sulfhydrylated chitosan/gelatin polyelectrolyte multilayer films for antibacterial application. Li W, Xu D, Hu Y, Cai K, Lin Y. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2014.
- A novel coating of type IV collagen and hyaluronic acid on stent material-titanium for promoting smooth muscle cell contractile phenotype. Li J, Zhang K, Chen H, Liu T, Yang P, Zhao Y, Huang N. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014
- Titanium Dioxide Nanomaterials for Photovoltaic Applications. Bai Y, Mora-Seró I, De Angelis F, Bisquert J, Wang P. Chem Rev. 2014.
- Modeling of time dependent localized flow shear stress and its impact on cellular growth within additive manufactured titanium implants. Zhang Z, Yuan L, Lee PD, Jones E, Jones JR. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2014.
- Serum titanium, niobium and aluminium levels two years following instrumented spinal fusion in children: does implant surface area predict serum metal ion levels? Cundy TP, Cundy WJ, Antoniou G, Sutherland LM, Freeman BJ, Cundy PJ. Eur Spine J. 2014.
- Influence of surface layer on mechanical and corrosion properties of nickel-titanium orthodontic wires. Katić V, Curković HO, Semenski D, Baršić G, Marušić K, Spalj S. Angle Orthod. 2014.
- Titanium allergy: fact or fiction? [No authors listed] Br Dent J. 2014.
- The impact of a continuing education programme on the adoption of nickel-titanium rotary instrumentation and root-filling quality amongst a group of Swedish general dental practitioners. Dahlström L, Molander A, Reit C. Eur J Dent Educ. 2014
- Evaluation of the sealing capability of implants to titanium and zirconia abutments against Porphyromonas gingivalis, Prevotella intermedia, and Fusobacterium nucleatum under different screw torque values. Smith NA, Turkyilmaz I. J Prosthet Dent. 2014.
- A new consumable anode material of titanium oxycarbonitride for the USTB titanium process. Wang Q, Song J, Wu J, Jiao S, Hou J, Zhu H. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014
- Alternative technique for calcium phosphate coating on titanium alloy implants. Le VQ, Pourroy G, Cochis A, Rimondini L, Abdel-Fattah WI, Mohammed HI, Carradò A. Biomatter. 2014.
- Influence of mechanical instruments on the biocompatibility of titanium dental implants surfaces: a systematic review. Louropoulou A, Slot DE, Van der Weijden F. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2014.
- Antibiotic-decorated titanium with enhanced antibacterial activity through adhesive polydopamine for dental/bone implant. He S, Zhou P, Wang L, Xiong X, Zhang Y, Deng Y, Wei S. J R Soc Interface. 2014.
- Fibroblast attachment onto novel titanium mesh membranes for guided bone regeneration. Rakhmatia YD, Ayukawa Y, Atsuta I, Furuhashi A, Koyano K. Odontology. 2014.
- A Remarkable Solvent Effect on the Nuclearity of Neutral Titanium(IV)-Based Helicate Assemblies. Weekes DM, Diebold C, Mobian P, Huguenard C, Allouche L, Henry M. Chemistry. 2014
- Effects of titanium-based nanotube films on osteoblast behavior in vitro. Stan MS, Memet I, Fratila C, Krasicka-Cydzik E, Roman I, Dinischiotu A. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2014.
- [Reconstruction of isolated orbital floor fractures with a prefabricated titanium mesh]. Reich W, Seidel D, Bredehorn-Mayr T, Eckert AW. Klin Monbl Augenheilkd. 2014.
- Evaluation of surface characteristics of titanium and cobalt chromium implant abutment materials. Herbst D, Dullabh H, Sykes L, Vorster C. SADJ.
- Zygomatic complex fracture: A comparative evaluation of stability using titanium and bio-resorbable plates as one point fixation. Tripathi N, Goyal M, Mishra B, Dhasmana S. Natl J Maxillofac Surg.