Aluminum Titanium Alloy
Al-Ti Metal Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
Aluminum Titanium is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, Ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metallic metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum Information Center.
Titanium (atomic symbol: Ti, atomic number: 22) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 47.867. The number of electrons in each of Titanium's shells is [2, 8, 10, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d2 4s2. The titanium atom has a radius of 147 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 187 pm. Titanium was discovered by William Gregor in 1791 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1825. n its elemental form, titanium has a silvery grey-white metallic appearance. Titanium's properties are chemically and physically similar to zirconium, both of which have the same number of valence electrons and are in the same group in the periodic table. Titanium has five naturally occurring isotopes: 46Ti through 50Ti, with 48Ti being the most abundant (73.8%). Titanium is found in igneous rocks and the sediments derived from them. It is named after the word Titanos, which is Greek for Titans. For more information on titanium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of titanium products, visit the Titanium Information Center.
CUSTOMERS FOR ALUMINUM TITANIUM ALLOY HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Aluminum|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Degradation of Acid Orange 7 in aqueous solution by zero-valent aluminum under ultrasonic irradiation. Wang A, Guo W, Hao F, Yue X, Leng Y. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Mar.
- Detection of IFN-? for latent tuberculosis diagnosis using an anodized aluminum oxide-based capacitive sensor. Kim JH, Chang YW, Bok E, Kim HJ, Lee H, Cho SN, Shin JS, Yoo KH. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan 15
- Effects of copper and aluminum on the adsorption of sulfathiazole and tylosin on peat and soil. Pei Z, Yang S, Li L, Li C, Zhang S, Shan XQ, Wen B, Guo B. Environ Pollut. 2014 Jan.
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of the effects of aluminum [(18)F]fluoride radiolabeling on an integrin avß6-specific peptide. Hausner SH, Bauer N, Sutcliffe JL. Nucl Med Biol. 2014 Jan
- FTIR study of protective action of deferoxamine and deferiprone on the kidney tissues of aluminum loaded mice. Sivakumar S, Khatiwada CP, Sivasubramanian J, Raja B. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan 24.
- In vivo stimulation of bone formation by aluminum and oxygen plasma surface-modified magnesium implants. Wong HM, Zhao Y, Tam V, Wu S, Chu PK, Zheng Y, To MK, Leung FK, Luk KD, Cheung KM, Yeung KW. Biomaterials. 2013 Dec.
- FT-Raman study of deferoxamine and deferiprone exhibits potent amelioration of structural changes in the liver tissues of mice due to aluminum exposure. Sivakumar S, Khatiwada CP, Sivasubramanian J, Raja B. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan 24.
- Synthesis, characterization and DFT calculation of 4-fluorophenyl substituted tris(8-hydroxyquinoline)aluminum(III) complexes. Suliman FO, Al-Nafai I, Al-Busafi SN. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan 24
- Detection of IFN-? for latent tuberculosis diagnosis using an anodized aluminum oxide-based capacitive sensor. Kim JH, Chang YW, Bok E, Kim HJ, Lee H, Cho SN, Shin JS, Yoo KH. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Jan 15.
- Gold nanoparticles deposited on linker-free silicon substrate and embedded in aluminum Schottky contact. Gorji MS, Razak KA, Cheong KY. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 15.
- Forces of interactions between iron and aluminum silicates: Effect of water chemistry and polymer coatings. Pensini E, Sleep BE, Yip CM, O'Carroll D. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Dec 1
- In situ growth of superhydrophobic and icephobic films with micro/nanoscale hierarchical structures on the aluminum substrate. Li W, Zhang X, Yang J, Miao F. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Nov 15
- Studies of aluminum (III) ion-selective optical sensor based on a chromogenic calixarene derivative. Echabaane M, Rouis A, Bonnamour I, Ben Ouada H. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Up-regulation of heme oxygenase-1 contributes to the amelioration of aluminum-induced oxidative stress in Medicago sativa. Cui W, Zhang J, Xuan W, Xie Y. J Plant Physiol. 2013 Oct 15.
- A case of mottled hypopigmentation after low-fluence 1,064-nm Q-switched neodymium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser therapy. Ryu HJ, Kim J. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2013 Oct.
- Aluminum complexes incorporating symmetrical and asymmetrical tridentate pincer type pyrrolyl ligands: synthesis, characterization and reactivity study. Liu PH, Chuang FJ, Tu CY, Hu CH, Lin TW, Wang YT, Lin CH, Datta A, Huang JH. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 7.
- The relationship of cytotoxic and genotoxic damage with blood aluminum levels and oxidative stress induced by this metal in common carp (Cyprinus carpio) erythrocytes. García-Medina S, Angélica Núñez-Betancourt J, Lucero García-Medina A, Galar-Martínez M, Neri-Cruz N, Islas-Flores H, Manuel Gómez-Oliván L. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013 Oct.
- Effects of chronic aluminum and copper exposure on growth and development of wood frog (Rana sylvatica) larvae. Peles JD. Aquat Toxicol. 2013 Sep 15.
- Removal of fluoride ions from drinking water and fluoride solutions by aluminum modified iron oxides in a column system. García-Sánchez JJ, Solache-Ríos M, Martínez-Miranda V, Solís Morelos C. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 1.
- Study of iron and aluminum binding to Suwannee River fulvic acid using absorbance and fluorescence spectroscopy: Comparison of data interpretation based on NICA-Donnan and Stockholm humic models. Yan M, Benedetti MF, Korshin GV. Water Res. 2013 Sep 15.
Recent Research & Development for Titanium
- Prenatal exposure to nanoparticulate titanium dioxide enhances depressive-like behaviors in adult rats. Cui Y, Chen X, Zhou Z, Lei Y, Ma M, Cao R, Sun T, Xu J, Huo M, Cao R, Wen C, Che Y. Chemosphere. 2014 Feb.
- Genotoxicity evaluation of nanosized titanium dioxide, synthetic amorphous silica and multi-walled carbon nanotubes in human lymphocytes. Tavares AM, Louro H, Antunes S, Quarré S, Simar S, De Temmerman PJ, Verleysen E, Mast J, Jensen KA, Norppa H, Nesslany F, Silva MJ. Toxicol In Vitro. 2014 Feb.
- Design of a nitrogen-implanted titanium-based superelastic alloy with optimized properties for biomedical applications. Gordin DM, Busardo D, Cimpean A, Vasilescu C, Höche D, Drob SI, Mitran V, Cornen M, Gloriant T. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Oct.
- Stability studies for titanium dioxide nanoparticles upon adsorption of Suwannee River humic and fulvic acids and natural organic matter. Erhayem M, Sohn M. Sci Total Environ. 2014 Jan.
- Validation of a method to quantify titanium, vanadium and zirconium in oral mucosa cells by inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry (ICP-MS). Martín-Cameán A, Jos A, Calleja A, Gil F, Iglesias A, Solano E, Cameán AM. Talanta. 2014 Jan
- Structural, optical and morphological analyses of pristine titanium di-oxide nanoparticles - Synthesized via sol-gel route. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Praveen P
- Atmospheric pressure chemical vapour deposition of boron doped titanium dioxide for photocatalytic water reduction and oxidation. Carmichael P, Hazafy D, Bhachu DS, Mills A, Darr JA, Parkin IP. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Oct 21
- Fabrication of anticoagulation layer on titanium surface by sequential immobilization of poly (ethylene glycol) and albumin. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Pan CJ
- Cytompatibility assessment of the surface of titanium after phosphorylation. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Wu MY
- Computational and experimental determinations of the UV adsorption of polyvinylsilsesquioxane-silica and titanium dioxide hybrids. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Wang H
- Studies to control biofilm formation by coupling ultrasonication of natural waters and anodization of titanium. Nithila SD, Anandkumar B, Vanithakumari SC, George RP, Mudali UK, Dayal RK. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Jan
- Effect of Nd:YAG laser-nitriding-treated titanium nitride surface over Ti6Al4V substrate on the activity of MC3T3-E1 cells. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Wang M
- Silver sulfide nanoparticles sensitized titanium dioxide nanotube arrays synthesized by in situ sulfurization for photocatalytic hydrogen production. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Liu X
- Lead sorption onto acrylamide modified titanium nanocomposite from aqueous media. Sharma AK, Lee BK. J Environ Manage. 2013 Oct.
- Bis(pentalene)di-titanium: a bent double-sandwich complex with a very short Ti-Ti bond. Kilpatrick AF, Green JC, Cloke FG, Tsoureas N. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Oct 21
- The effect of titanium with heparin/BMP-2 complex for improving osteoblast activity. Lee SY, Yun YP, Song HR, Chun HJ, Yang DH, Park K, Kim SE. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15
- Photo-conversion of CO2 using titanium dioxide: enhancements by plasmonic and co-catalytic nanoparticles. Mankidy BD, Joseph B, Gupta VK. Nanotechnology. 2013 Oct 11
- Incorporation of clusters of titanium oxide in Beta zeolite structure by a new cold TiCl4-plasma process: physicochemical properties and photocatalytic activity. El-Roz M, Lakiss L, El Fallah J, Lebedev OI, Thibault-Starzyk F, Valtchev V. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Oct 14
- The effect of different titanium nitride coatings on the adhesion of Candida albicans to titanium. Wang J, An Y, Liang H, Tong Y, Guo T, Ma C. Arch Oral Biol. 2013 Oct
- Cytotoxic, genotoxic and the hemolytic effect of titanium dioxide (TiO2 ) nanoparticles on human erythrocyte and lymphocyte cells in vitro. Ghosh M, Chakraborty A, Mukherjee A. J Appl Toxicol. 2013 Oct