Aluminum Titanium Alloy
Al-Ti Metal Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Al-95% Ti-5%||AL-TI-01||Request Quote|
Aluminum Titanium is one of numerous metal alloys sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Alloys™. Generally immediately available in most volumes, AE Alloys™ are available as bar, ingot, ribbon, wire, shot, sheet, and foil. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, targets for thin film deposition, and pellets for chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Primary applications include bearing assembly, ballast, casting, step soldering, and radiation shielding.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
Titanium (atomic symbol: Ti, atomic number: 22) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 47.867. The number of electrons in each of Titanium's shells is [2, 8, 10, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d2 4s2. The titanium atom has a radius of 147 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 187 pm. Titanium was discovered by William Gregor in 1791 and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius in 1825. In its elemental form, titanium has a silvery grey-white metallic appearance. Titanium's properties are chemically and physically similar to zirconium, both of which have the same number of valence electrons and are in the same group in the periodic table. Titanium has five naturally occurring isotopes: 46Ti through 50Ti, with 48Ti being the most abundant (73.8%). Titanium is found in igneous rocks and the sediments derived from them. It is named after the word Titanos, which is Greek for Titans. For more information on titanium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of titanium products, visit the Titanium element page.
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Non-specific phospholipase C4 mediates response to aluminum toxicity in Arabidopsis thaliana. Pejchar P, Potocký M, Kr?ková Z, Brouzdová J, Dan?k M, Martinec J. Front Plant Sci. 2015 Feb 16
- Homocatenation of Aluminum: Alkane-like Structures of Li2 Al2 H6 and Li3 Al3 H8. Gish JT, Popov IA, Boldyrev AI. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 4.
- Treatment of Melasma in Men With Low-Fluence Q-Switched Neodymium-Doped Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet Laser Versus Combined Laser and Glycolic Acid Peeling. Vachiramon V, Sahawatwong S, Sirithanabadeekul P. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Mar 9.
- Energetics of Order-Disorder in Layered Magnesium Aluminum Double Hydroxides with Interlayer Carbonate. Shivaramaiah R, Navrotsky A. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Real Time Monitoring of Layer-by-Layer Polyelectrolyte Deposition and Bacterial Enzyme Detection in Nanoporous Anodized Aluminum Oxide. Krismastuti FS, Bayat H, Voelcker NH, Schönherr H. Anal Chem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Fabrication of SERS-Active Substrates using Silver Nanofilm-Coated Porous Anodic Aluminum Oxide for Detection of Antibiotics. Chen J, Feng S, Gao F, Grant E, Xu J, Wang S, Huang Q, Lu X. J Food Sci. 2015 Mar 3.
- Cytotoxic and genotoxic characterization of aluminum and silicon oxide nanoparticles in macrophages. Hashimoto M, Imazato S. Dent Mater. 2015 Mar 5.
- Hybrid Structures of Polycationic aluminum phthalocyanines and quantum dots. Maksimov EG, Gvozdev DA, Strakhovskaya MG, Paschenko VZ. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- The influence of gingerol treatment on aluminum toxicity in rats. Shrivastava S. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2015
- Theoretical and experimental studies on the corrosion inhibition potentials of some purines for aluminum in 0.1 M HCl. Eddy NO, Momoh-Yahaya H, Oguzie EE. J Adv Res. 2015 Mar
- A method of lyophilizing vaccines containing aluminum salts into a dry powder without causing particle aggregation or decreasing the immunogenicity following reconstitution. Li X, Thakkar SG, Ruwona TB, Williams RO 3rd, Cui Z. J Control Release. 2015 Feb 28
- Chitosan-aluminum monostearate composite sponge dressing containing asiaticoside for wound healing and angiogenesis promotion in chronic wound. Phaechamud T, Yodkhum K, Charoenteeraboon J, Tabata Y. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 May
- Magnesium uptake of Arabidopsis transporters, AtMRS2-10 and AtMRS2-11, expressed in Escherichia coli mutants: Complementation and growth inhibition by aluminum. Ishijima S, Uda M, Hirata T, Shibata M, Kitagawa N, Sagami I. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Mar 12.
- Phosphorylation and Interaction with the 14-3-3 Protein of the Plasma Membrane H+-ATPase Are Involved in the Regulation of Magnesium-Mediated Increases in Aluminum-Induced Citrate Exudation in Broad Bean (Vicia faba. L). Chen Q, Kan Q, Wang P, Yu W, Yu Y, Zhao Y, Yu XY, Li ZK, Chen ML. Plant Cell Physiol. 2015 Mar 5.
- Mechanisms on Boron-Induced Alleviation of Aluminum-Toxicity in Citrus grandis Seedlings at a Transcriptional Level Revealed by cDNA-AFLP Analysis. Zhou XX, Yang LT, Qi YP, Guo P, Chen LS. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 6
- Measurement of critical currents of superconducting aluminum nanowires in external magnetic fields: evidence for a weber blockade. Morgan-Wall T, Leith B, Hartman N, Rahman A, Markovi? N. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 20
- The Metal-Organic Framework MIL-53(Al) Constructed from Multiple Metal Sources: Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, and Boehmite. Li Z, Wu YN, Li J, Zhang Y, Zou X, Li F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.
- Isobaric tags for relative and absolute quantitation (iTRAQ)-based proteomic analysis of Cryptococcus humicola response to aluminum stress. Zhang J, Zhang L, Qiu J, Nian H. J Biosci Bioeng. 2015 Mar 3.
- ZnO-based thin film transistors employing aluminum titanate gate dielectrics deposited by spray pyrolysis at ambient air. Afouxenidis D, Mazzocco R, Vourlias G, Livesley PJ, Krier A, Milne WI, Kolosov OV, Adamopoulos G. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- Triple-layer Fabry-Perot/SPP aluminum absorber in the visible and near-infrared region. Shu S, Li YY. Opt Lett. 2015 Mar 15
Recent Research & Development for Titanium
- Effect of Repeated Simulated Clinical Use and Sterilization on the Cutting Efficiency and Flexibility of Hyflex CM Nickel-Titanium Rotary Files. Seago ST, Bergeron BE, Kirkpatrick TC, Roberts MD, Roberts HW, Himel VT, Sabey KA. J Endod. 2015 Mar 3.
- Cellular Responses Evoked by Different Surface Characteristics of Intraosseous Titanium Implants. Feller L, Jadwat Y, Khammissa RA, Meyerov R, Schechter I, Lemmer J. Biomed Res Int. 2015
- Airborne-particle abrasion parameters on the quality of titanium-ceramic bonds. Go??biowski M, Wo?owiec E, Klimek PL. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Mar 4.
- Enhancing osteoblast-affinity of titanium scaffolds for bone engineering by use of ultraviolet light treatment. Ishijima M, Soltanzadeh P, Hirota M, Tsukimura N, Shigami T, Ogawa T. Biomed Res. 2015
- Bone tissue response to plasma-nitrided titanium implant surfaces. Ferraz EP, Sverzut AT, Freitas GP, Sá JC, Alves C Jr, Beloti MM, Rosa AL. J Appl Oral Sci. 2015 Jan-Feb
- Antifouling coatings for dental implants: Polyethylene glycol-like coatings on titanium by plasma polymerization. Buxadera-Palomero J, Canal C, Torrent-Camarero S, Garrido B, Javier Gil F, Rodríguez D. Biointerphases. 2015 Jun 12
- Comparing a series of 8-quinolinolato complexes of aluminium, titanium and zinc as initiators for the ring-opening polymerization of rac-lactide. Bakewell C, Fateh-Iravani G, Beh DW, Myers D, Tabthong S, Hormnirun P, White AJ, Long N, Williams CK. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 6.
- Cyclic Fatigue Resistance of 3 Different Nickel-Titanium Reciprocating Instruments in Artificial Canals. Higuera O, Plotino G, Tocci L, Carrillo G, Gambarini G, Jaramillo DE. J Endod. 2015 Mar 11.
- [A long-term study regarding the therapeutic effect of two titanium screw fixation for femoral neck fractures]. Zhou Z, Shen Y, Huang S. Zhong Nan Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2015 Feb
- Tribocorrosion behavior of beta titanium biomedical alloys in phosphate buffer saline solution. Pina VG, Dalmau A, Devesa F, Amigó V, Muñoz AI. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2015 Feb 26
- Intermolecular Reductive Coupling of Esters with Benzophenones by Low-valent Titanium: Synthesis of Diarylmethyl ketones Revisited. Kise N, Sakurai T. J Org Chem. 2015 Mar 6.
- Dependence of capillary forces on relative humidity and the surface properties of femtosecond laser micromachined titanium. Lehr J, Kietzig AM. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Feb 23
- Performance of Porous Tantalum vs. Titanium Cup in Total Hip Arthroplasty: Randomized Trial with Minimum 10-Year Follow-Up. Wegrzyn J, Kaufman KR, Hanssen AD, Lewallen DG. J Arthroplasty. 2015 Jan 21.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction in titanium dioxide nanoparticle-induced neurotoxicity. Nalika N, Parvez S. Toxicol Mech Methods. 2015 Mar 16:1-9.
- The Effect of Taper Angle and Spline Geometry on the Initial Stability of Tapered, Splined Modular Titanium Stems. Pierson JL, Small SR, Rodriguez JA, Kang MN, Glassman AH. J Arthroplasty. 2015 Feb 7.
- Influence of various superhydrophilic treatments of titanium on the initial attachment, proliferation, and differentiation of osteoblast-like cells. Yamamura K, Miura T, Kou I, Muramatsu T, Furusawa M, Yoshinari M. Dent Mater J. 2015 Feb 3
- Concentration-driven phase control for low temperature synthesis of phase-pure anatase and rutile titanium oxide. Wang Z, Xiao C, Yamada S, Yoshinaga K, Bu XR, Zhang M. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Feb 9
- Titanium mesh as a low-profile alternative for tension-band augmentation in patella fracture fixation: A biomechanical study. Dickens AJ, Salas C, Rise L, Murray-Krezan C, Taha MR, DeCoster TA, Gehlert RJ. Injury. 2015 Feb 26.
- Low-Voltage Flexible Organic Electronics Based on High Performance Sol-Gel Titanium Dioxide Dielectric. Sung S, Park S, Lee WJ, Son J, Kim CH, Yoon MH. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 9.
- Visible light Caffeic acid degradation by carbon-doped titanium dioxide. Venditti F, Cuomo F, Ceglie A, Avino P, Russo MV, Lopez F. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 12.