|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Arsenic Chloride||AS-CL-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Arsenic Chloride||AS-CL-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Arsenic Chloride||AS-CL-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Arsenic Chloride||AS-CL-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|AsCl3||181.28||colourless liquid||-16.2 °C, 257 K, 3 °F||130.2 °C, 403 K, 266 °F||2.15g/cm3||179.828||179.828||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Arsenic Chloride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Arsenic (atomic symbol: As, atomic number: 33) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 4 element with an atomic radius of 74.92160. The number of electrons in each of arsenic's shells is 2, 8, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p3. The arsenic atom has a radius of 119 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 185 pm. Arsenic was discovered in the early Bronze Age, circa 2500 BC. It was first isolated by Albertus Magnus in 1250 AD. In its elemental form, arsenic is a metallic grey, brittle, crystalline, semimetallic solid. Arsenic is found in numerous minerals including arsenolite (As2O3), arsenopyrite (FeAsS), loellingite (FeAs2), orpiment (As2S3), and realgar (As4S4). Arsenic has numerous applications as a semiconductor and other electronic applications as indium arsenide, silicon arsenide and tin arsenide. Arsenic is finding increasing uses as a doping agent in solid-state devices such as transistors. For more information on arsenic, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of arsenic products, visit the Arsenic element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 1560 6.1/PG 1
ARSENIC CHLORIDE SYNONYMS
Arsenic trichloride, Trichloroarsine, Arsenic butter, Arsenous chloride, Arsenic(III) chloride, Arsenous trichloride, Fuming liquid arsenic, Caustic oil of arsenic
|CUSTOMERS FOR ARSENIC CHLORIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Arsenic Sputtering Target||Arsenic Bar||Arsenic Acetate||Arsenic Telluride||Arsenic Phosphide|
|Arsenic Oxide Pellets||Arsenic Foil||Arsenic Metal||Tin Arsenide||Barium Arsenate|
|Arsenic Sheets||Arsenic Metal||Arsenic Pellets||Arsenic Sheets||Arsenic Microfoil|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Arsenic|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Arsenic
- Development of a simple, sensitive and inexpensive ion-pairing cloud point extraction approach for the determination of trace inorganic arsenic species in spring water, beverage and rice samples by UV-Vis spectrophotometry. Gürkan R, K?r U, Altunay N. Food Chem. 2015 Aug 1
- miRNA plays a role in the antagonistic effect of selenium on arsenic stress in rice seedlings. Pandey C, Raghuram B, Sinha AK, Gupta M. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 16.
- Oligofructose protects against arsenic-induced liver injury in a model of environment/obesity interaction. Massey VL, Stocke KS, Schmidt RH, Tan M, Ajami N, Neal RE, Petrosino JF, Barve S, Arteel GE. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 8.
- Characterization of Arsenic Hepatobiliary Transport Using Sandwich Cultured Human Hepatocytes. Roggenbeck BA, Carew MW, Charrois GJ, Douglas DN, Kneteman NM, Lu X, Le XC, Leslie EM. Toxicol Sci. 2015 Mar 9.
- Arsenic Speciation in Rice by Capillary Electrophoresis/Inductively-Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry: Enzyme-Assisted Water Phase Microwave Digestion. Qu H, Mudalige TK, Linder SW. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Biochemical and Molecular Alterations Following Arsenic-Induced Oxidative Stress and Mitochondrial Dysfunction in Rat Brain. Prakash C, Soni M, Kumar V. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 13.
- A distinct and replicable variant of the squamous cell carcinoma gene inositol polyphosphate-5-phosphatase modifies the susceptibility of arsenic-associated skin lesions in Bangladesh. Seow WJ, Pan WC, Kile ML, Tong L, Baccarelli AA, Quamruzzaman Q, Rahman M, Mostofa G, Rakibuz-Zaman M, Kibriya M, Ahsan H, Lin X, Christiani DC. Cancer. 2015 Mar 10.
- Shotgun metabolomic approach based on mass spectrometry for hepatic mitochondria of mice under arsenic exposure. García-Sevillano MA, García-Barrera T, Navarro F, Montero-Lobato Z, Gómez-Ariza JL. Biometals. 2015 Mar 10.
- The mechanism of synergistic effects of arsenic trioxide and rapamycin in acute myeloid leukemia cell lines lacking typical t(15
- The Genetic Architecture of Arsenic Metabolism Efficiency: A SNP-Based Heritability Study of Bangladeshi Adults. Gao J, Tong L, Argos M, Scannell Bryan M, Ahmed A, Rakibuz-Zaman M, Kibriya MG, Jasmine F, Slavkovich V, Graziano JH, Ahsan H, Pierce BL. Environ Health Perspect. 2015 Mar 13.
- Mechanisms of Action for Arsenic in Cardiovascular Toxicity and Implications for Risk Assessment. Sidhu MS, Desai KP, Lynch HN, Rhomberg LR, Beck BD, Venditti FJ. Toxicology. 2015 Mar 11.
- Effects of natural organic matter on the coprecipitation of arsenic with iron. Kim EJ, Hwang BR, Baek K. Environ Geochem Health. 2015 Mar 10.
- Oxidative injury and antioxidant enzymes regulation in arsenic-exposed seedlings of four Brassica napus L. cultivars. Farooq MA, Li L, Ali B, Gill RA, Wang J, Ali S, Gill MB, Zhou W. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 11.
- Phosphate fertilizer is a main source of arsenic in areas affected with chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology in Sri Lanka. Jayasumana C, Fonseka S, Fernando A, Jayalath K, Amarasinghe M, Siribaddana S, Gunatilake S, Paranagama P. Springerplus. 2015 Feb 24
- Nine-month Angiographic and Two-year Clinical Follow-up of Novel Biodegradable-polymer Arsenic Trioxide-eluting Stent Versus Durable-polymer Sirolimus-eluting Stent For Coronary Artery Disease. Shen L, Yang W, Yin JS, Liu XB, Wu YZ, Sun AJ, Qian JY, Ge JB. Chin Med J (Engl). 2015 20th Mar
- Culturable associated-bacteria of the sponge Theonella swinhoei show tolerance to high arsenic concentrations. Keren R, Lavy A, Mayzel B, Ilan M. Front Microbiol. 2015 Feb 25
- Constitutive arsenite oxidase expression detected in arsenic-hypertolerant Pseudomonas xanthomarina S11. Koechler S, Arsène-Ploetze F, Brochier-Armanet C, Goulhen-Chollet F, Heinrich-Salmeron A, Jost B, Lièvremont D, Philipps M, Plewniak F, Bertin PN, Lett MC. Res Microbiol. 2015 Mar 6.
- Sex-specific patterns and deregulation of endocrine pathways in the gene expression profiles of Bangladeshi adults exposed to arsenic contaminated drinking water. Muñoz A, Chervona Y, Hall M, Kluz T, Gamble MV, Costa M. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 7.
- On the coupling of hydride generation with atmospheric pressure glow discharge in contact with the flowing liquid cathode for the determination of arsenic, antimony and selenium with optical emission spectrometry. Greda K, Jamroz P, Jedryczko D, Pohl P. Talanta. 2015 May
- A disulfide-bond cascade mechanism for arsenic(III) S-adenosylmethionine methyltransferase. Marapakala K, Packianathan C, Ajees AA, Dheeman DS, Sankaran B, Kandavelu P, Rosen BP. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2015 Mar 1
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- Structural, conformational and vibrational properties of 1,1,1-Trifluoro-N-(1,1,2,2,2-pentafluoroethyl) methanesulfinimidoyl chloride, CF3CF2NS(Cl)CF3. Robles NL, Chemes DM, Oberhammer H, Cutin EH. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 26
- Mechanism of chlorite degradation to chloride and dioxygen by the enzyme chlorite dismutase. Schaffner I, Hofbauer S, Krutzler M, Pirker KF, Furtmüller PG, Obinger C. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2015 Mar 4.
- "Off-on" aggregation-based fluorescent sensor for the detection of chloride in water. Watt MM, Engle JM, Fairley KC, Robitshek TE, Haley MM, Johnson DW. Org Biomol Chem. 2015 Mar 11.
- Low doses of mercuric chloride cause the main features of antinucleolar autoimmune process in female outbred CFW mice. Arefieva AS, Kamaeva AG, Krasilshchikova MS. Toxicol Ind Health. 2015 Mar 12.
- Electronic and Vibrational Spectra of Positive Polarons and Bipolarons in Regioregular Poly(3-hexylthiophene) Doped with Ferric Chloride. Yamamoto J, Furukawa Y. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Mar 13.
- The synthesis and characterization of a novel potassium chloride-fluoridated hydroxyapatite varnish for treating dentin hypersensitivity. Lochaiwatana Y, Poolthong S, Hirata I, Okazaki M, Swasdison S, Vongsavan N. Dent Mater J. 2015 Feb 3
- Properties of the Energy Bands, Judd-Ofelt Parameters and the Fluorescence of Neodymium Chloride (NdCl3) in Methanol, Iso-propanol and Butanol Solvents. Mitra S, Jana S. J Fluoresc. 2015 Mar 15.
- From benzalkonium chloride-preserved Latanoprost to Polyquad-preserved Travoprost: a 6-month study on ocular surface safety and tolerability. Rossi GC, Scudeller L, Rolle T, Pasinetti GM, Bianchi PE. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2015 Mar 10:1-5.
- NEXAFS and XPS studies of nitrosyl chloride. Schio L, Li C, Monti S, Salén P, Yatsyna V, Feifel R, Alagia M, Richter R, Falcinelli S, Stranges S, Zhaunerchyk V, Carravetta V. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 10.
- Misdiagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis Based on Transient Pancreatic Insufficiency and Elevated Sweat Chloride. Bagheri-Behrouzi A, Steiß JO, Zimmer KP, Nährlich L. Klin Padiatr. 2015 Mar
- Genotoxic potency of mercuric chloride in gill cells of marine gastropod Planaxis sulcatus using comet assay. Bhagat J, Ingole BS. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 12.
- Crystal growth, morphology, spectrographic characterization and thermal properties of Glycine Barium Bromo Chloride crystals. Arularasan P, Thayanithi V, Mohan R. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 19
- Chloride concentrations in human hepatic cytosol and mitochondria are a function of age. Jahn SC, Rowland-Faux L, Stacpoole PW, James MO. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 3.
- Mercuric chloride induced hepatotoxic and hematologic changes in rats: The protective effects of sodium selenite and vitamin E. Uzunhisarcikli M, Aslanturk A, Kalender S, Apaydin FG, Bas H. Toxicol Ind Health. 2015 Mar 10.
- Benzalkonium chloride intoxication caused by intravenous self-injection. Miyauchi M, Hayashida M, Yokota H. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Contribution of calcium-activated chloride channel to elevated pulmonary artery pressure in pulmonary arterial hypertension induced by high pulmonary blood flow. Wang K, Chen C, Ma J, Lao J, Pang Y. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015 Jan 1
- Cation-chloride cotransporters: regulation, physiological significance, and role in pathogenesis of arterial hypertension. Orlov SN, Koltsova SV, Kapilevich LV, Dulin NO, Gusakova SV. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2014 Dec
- Aldosterone Modulates Thiazide-Sensitive Sodium Chloride Cotransporter (NCC) Abundance via DUSP6-Mediated ERK 1/2 Signaling Pathway. Feng X, Zhang Y, Shao N, Wang Y, Zhuang Z, Wu P, Lee MJ, Liu Y, Wang XH, Zhuang J, Delpire E, Gu D, Cai H. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2015 Mar 11:ajprenal.00543.2014.
- Evaluation of angiogenesis, epithelialisation and microcirculation after application of polyhexanide, chitosan and sodium chloride in rodents. Goertz O, Lauer H, Hirsch T, Daigeler A, Harati K, Stricker I, Lehnhardt M, von der Lohe L. Int Wound J. 2015 Mar 10.
- Regulatory/Auxiliary subunits of CLC chloride channel/transport proteins. Barrallo-Gimeno A, Gradogna A, Zanardi I, Pusch M, Estévez R. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 11.