High Purity AsP3
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|AsP3||167.84||N/A||N/A||167.842881||167.842881||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Arsenic Phosphide is a semiconductor used in high power, high frequency applications and in laser diodes. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Arsenic (atomic symbol: As, atomic number: 33) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 4 element with an atomic radius of 74.92160. The number of electrons in each of arsenic's shells is 2, 8, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p3. The arsenic atom has a radius of 119 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 185 pm. Arsenic was discovered in the early Bronze Age, circa 2500 BC. It was first isolated by Albertus Magnus in 1250 AD. In its elemental form, arsenic is a metallic grey, brittle, crystalline, semimetallic solid. Arsenic is found in numerous minerals including arsenolite (As2O3), arsenopyrite (FeAsS), loellingite (FeAs2), orpiment (As2S3), and realgar (As4S4). Arsenic has numerous applications as a semiconductor and other electronic applications as indium arsenide, silicon arsenide and tin arsenide. Arsenic is finding increasing uses as a doping agent in solid-state devices such as transistors. For more information on arsenic, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of arsenic products, visit the Arsenic Information Center.
Phosphorus (atomic symbol: P, atomic number: 15) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 3 element. The number of electrons in each of Phosphorus's shells is 2, 8, 5 and its electronic configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p3. The phosphorus atom has a radius of 110.5.pm and its Van der Waals radius is 180.pm. Phosphorus is a highly-reactive non-metallic element (sometimes considered a metalloid) with two primary allotropes, white phosphorus and red phosphorus; its black flaky appearance is similar to graphitic carbon. Compound forms of phosphorus include phosphates and phosphides. Phosphorous was first recognized as an element by Hennig Brand in 1669; its name (phosphorus mirabilis, or "bearer of light") was inspired from the brilliant glow emitted by its distillation. For more information on phosphorus, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of phosphorus products, visit the Phosphorus Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ARSENIC PHOSPHIDE SYNONYMS|
|Arsenic triphosphide, 1,2,3-Triphospha-4-arsatricyclo[1.1.0.02,4]butane|
CUSTOMERS FOR ARSENIC PHOSPHIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Arsenic|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Arsenic
- Autophagy in arsenic carcinogenesis. Qi Y, Li H, Zhang M, Zhang T, Frank J, Chen G. Exp Toxicol Pathol. 2014.
- Cathodic stripping voltammetric determination of arsenic in sugarcane brandy at a modified carbon nanotube paste electrode. Teixeira MC, Tavares Ede F, Saczk AA, Okumura LL, Cardoso Md, Magriotis ZM, de Oliveira MF. Food Chem. 2014.
- Concentrations and health risks of lead, cadmium, arsenic, and mercury in rice and edible mushrooms in China. Fang Y, Sun X, Yang W, Ma N, Xin Z, Fu J, Liu X, Liu M, Mariga AM, Zhu X, Hu Q. Food Chem. 2014 Mar.
- Inorganic arsenic in seafood: Does the extraction method matter? Pétursdóttir AH, Gunnlaugsdóttir H, Krupp EM, Feldmann J. Food Chem. 2014 May
- The intake of inorganic arsenic from long grain rice and rice-based baby food in Finland - Low safety margin warrants follow up. Rintala EM, Ekholm P, Koivisto P, Peltonen K, Venäläinen ER. Food Chem. 2014 May
- A need for determination of arsenic species at low levels in cereal-based food and infant cereals. Validation of a method by IC-ICPMS. Llorente-Mirandes T, Calderón J, Centrich F, Rubio R, López-Sánchez JF. Food Chem. 2014 Mar.
- Low-cost field test kits for arsenic detection in water. Das J, Sarkar P, Panda J, Pal P. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2014
- Selected arsenic species: As(III), As(V) and dimethylarsenic acid (DMAA) in Xerocomus badius fruiting bodies. Niedzielski P, Mleczek M, Magdziak Z, Siwulski M, Kozak L. Food Chem. 2013 Dec.
- Determination and identification of hydrophilic and hydrophobic arsenic species in methanol extract of fresh cod liver by RP-HPLC with simultaneous ICP-MS and ESI-Q-TOF-MS detection. Arroyo-Abad U, Lischka S, Piechotta C, Mattusch J, Reemtsma T. Food Chem. 2013 Dec 1.
- Occupational exposure to arsenic and risk of nonmelanoma skin cancer in a multinational European study. Surdu S, Fitzgerald EF, Bloom MS, Boscoe FP, Carpenter DO, Haase RF, Gurzau E, Rudnai P, Koppova K, Févotte J, Vahter M, Leonardi G, Goessler W, Kumar R, Fletcher T. Int J Cancer. 2013 Nov.
- Influence of compost on the mobility of arsenic in soil and its uptake by bean plants (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) irrigated with arsenite-contaminated water. Caporale AG, Pigna M, Sommella A, Dynes JJ, Cozzolino V, Violante A. J Environ Manage. 2013 Oct 15.
- Second order non-linear optical activity of arsenic and antimony dithiolene complexes. Mitra J, Pal K, Sarkar S. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 14.
- Characterization of arsenic trioxide resistant clones derived from Jurkat leukemia T cell line: Focus on PI3K/Akt signaling pathway. Roszak J, Smok-Pieniazek A, Nocun M, Stepnik M. Chem Biol Interact. 2013 Oct 5.
- Influence of the Activity of Allobophora molleri in Microbial Activity and Metal Availability of Arsenic-Polluted Soils. Tejada M, Gómez I, Hernández T, García C. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2013 Oct.
- Gypsum addition to soils contaminated by red mud: implications for aluminium, arsenic, molybdenum and vanadium solubility. Lehoux AP, Lockwood CL, Mayes WM, Stewart DI, Mortimer RJ, Gruiz K, Burke IT. Environ Geochem Health. 2013 Oct.
- SUMO1 negatively regulates the transcriptional activity of EVI1 and significantly increases its co-localization with EVI1 after treatment with arsenic trioxide. Singh S, Pradhan AK, Chakraborty S. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 Oct.
- Arsenic removal using natural biomaterial-based sorbents. Ansone L, Klavins M, Viksna A. Environ Geochem Health. 2013 Oct.
- The availability and mobility of arsenic and antimony in an acid sulfate soil pasture system. Tighe M, Lockwood PV, Ashley PM, Murison RD, Wilson SC. Sci Total Environ. 2013.
- Arsenic and other trace elements in two catfish species from Paranaguá Estuarine Complex, Paraná, Brazil. Angeli JL, Trevizani TH, Ribeiro A, Machado EC, Figueira RC, Markert B, Fraenzle S, Wuenschmann S. Environ Monit Assess. 2013.
- Phosphorus-arsenic interactions in variable-charge soils in relation to arsenic mobility and bioavailability. Bolan N, Mahimairaja S, Kunhikrishnan A, Choppala G. Sci Total Environ.
Recent Research & Development for Phosphides
- Peapod-Like Composite with Nickel Phosphide Nanoparticles Encapsulated in Carbon Fibers as Enhanced Anode for Li-Ion Batteries. Zhang H, Feng Y, Zhang Y, Fang L, Li W, Liu Q, Wu K, Wang Y. ChemSusChem. 2014.
- Triamidoamine-Uranium(IV)-Stabilized Terminal Parent Phosphide and Phosphinidene Complexes. Gardner BM, Balázs G, Scheer M, Tuna F, McInnes EJ, McMaster J, Lewis W, Blake AJ, Liddle ST. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014.
- The Stannylphosphide Anion Reagent Sodium Bis(triphenylstannyl) Phosphide: Synthesis, Structural Characterization, and Reactions with Indium, Tin, and Gold Electrophiles. Cummins CC, Huang C, Miller TJ, Reintinger MW, Stauber JM, Tannou I, Tofan D, Toubaei A, Velian A, Wu G. Inorg Chem. 2014.
- Hexanuclear Gold(I) Phosphide Complexes as Platforms for Multiple Redox-Active Ferrocenyl Units. Lee TK, Cheng EC, Zhu N, Yam VW. Chemistry. 2013 Dec.
- Easily-prepared dinickel phosphide (Ni2P) nanoparticles as an efficient and robust electrocatalyst for hydrogen evolution. Feng L, Vrubel H, Bensimon M, Hu X. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014 Feb.
- Abdominal imaging in zinc phosphide poisoning. Hassanian-Moghaddam H, Shahnazi M, Zamani N, Bahrami-Motlagh H. Emerg Radiol 2014.
- Gas phase catalytic hydrodechlorination of chlorobenzene over cobalt phosphide catalysts with different P contents. J Hazard Mater. 2013 | first author:Cecilia JA
- Successful treatment of cardiogenic shock with an intra-aortic balloon pump following aluminium phosphide poisoning. Mehrpour O, Amouzeshi A, Dadpour B, Oghabian Z, Zamani N, Amini S, Hoffman RS. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2014 Jan.
- Aluminium phosphide-induced leukopenia. Ntelios D, Mandros C, Potolidis E, Fanourgiakis P. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Oct.
- 25th anniversary article: exploring nanoscaled matter from speciation to phase diagrams: metal phosphide nanoparticles as a case of study. Carenco S, Portehault D, Boissière C, Mézailles N, Sanchez C. Adv Mater. 2014 Jan.
- Pulse-reverse electrodeposition of transparent nickel phosphide film with porous nanospheres as a cost-effective counter electrode for dye-sensitized solar cells. Wu MS, Wu JF. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Oct.
- 25th Anniversary Article: Exploring Nanoscaled Matter from Speciation to Phase Diagrams: Metal Phosphide Nanoparticles as a Case of Study. Carenco S, Portehault D, Boissière C, Mézailles N, Sanchez C. Adv Mater. 2013 Dec.
- A Common Misconception in the Management of Aluminium Phosphide Poisoning. Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2013 | first author:Marashi SM.
- Pulse-reverse electrodeposition of transparent nickel phosphide film with porous nanospheres as a cost-effective counter electrode for dye-sensitized solar cells. Wu MS, Wu JF. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013
- Solution-Processed Zinc Phosphide (Î±-Zn(3)P(2)) Colloidal Semiconducting Nanocrystals for Thin Film Photovoltaic Applications. ACS Nano. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Luber EJ
- From a Zwitterionic Phosphasilene to Base Stabilized Silyliumylidene-Phosphide and Bis(silylene) Complexes. Breit NC, Szilvási T, Suzuki T, Gallego D, Inoue S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Nov.
- Structural transitions at the nanoscale: the example of palladium phosphides synthesized from white phosphorus. Carenco S, Hu Y, Florea I, Ersen O, Boissière C, Sanchez C, Mézailles N. Dalton Trans. 2013 Aug.
- From a Zwitterionic Phosphasilene to Base Stabilized Silyliumylidene-Phosphide and Bis(silylene) Complexes. Breit NC, Szilvási T, Suzuki T, Gallego D, Inoue S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 Oct.
- Ingestion of gallium phosphide" nanowires has no adverse effect on Drosophila tissue function. Adolfsson K, Schneider M, Hammarin G, Häcker U, Prinz CN. Nanotechnology.
- Is the Use of Cardioactive Steroids Appropriate in Managing Aluminium Phosphide Poisoning-Induced Heart Failure? Arh Hig Rada Toksikol. 2013 create date:2013/10/03 | first author:Marashi SM