Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|KAu(CN)2||13967-50-5||46234910||159710||MFCD00011414||237-748-4||potassium; gold(3+); tetrathiocyanate||6235525||[Au+].[K+].[C-]#N.[C-]#N||InChI=1S/2CN.Au.K
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2AuKN2||288.10||white powder or crystals||N/A||N/A||3.45 g/cm3||287.936423||287.936423||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide (Potassium Gold Cyanide) is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Gold (atomic symbol: Au, atomic number: 79) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 196.966569. The number of electrons in each of Gold's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f142 5d10 6s1. The gold atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 217 pm. Gold was first discovered by Early Man prior to 6000 B.C. In its elemental form, gold has a metallic yellow appearance. Gold is a soft metal and is usually alloyed to give it more strength. It is a good conductor of heat and electricity, and is unaffected by air and most reagents. It is one of the least reactive chemical elements. Gold is often found as a free element and with silver as a gold silver alloy. Less commonly, it is found in minerals as gold compounds, usually with tellurium. For more information on gold, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of gold products, visit the Gold Information Center.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word 'qali,' which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word 'kalium'. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1588 6.1/PG 1|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|GOLD(I) POTASSIUM CYANIDE SYNONYMS|
|Potassium dicyanoaurate(I); Potassium gold cyanide; Gold(1+) potassium cyanide (1:1:2); Aurate(1-), bis(cyano-C)-, potassium; monopotassium dicyanoaurate; potassium dicyanaurate; potassium dicyanidoaurate(I), GPC|
CUSTOMERS FOR GOLD(I) POTASSIUM CYANIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Gold Powder||Gold Nanoparticles||Gold Metal||Gold Sheet||Gold Nitrate|
|Gold Acetate||Tin Gold Alloy||Gold Foil||Gold Chloride||Copper Gold Nickel Alloy|
|Gold Sputtering Target||Gold Oxide Pellets||
|Gold Fluoride||Gold Bar|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Gold|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Gold
- Low-dose gold nanoparticles exert subtle endocrine-modulating effects on the ovarian steroidogenic pathway ex vivo independent of oxidative stress. Nanotoxicology. 2014 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Larson JK
- Altered Resting-State Functional Connectivity of Basolateral and Centromedial Amygdala Complexes in Posttraumatic Stress Disorder - VM Brown, KS LaBar, CC Haswell, AL Gold - 2014.
- Nontoxic impact of PEG-coated gold nanospheres on functional pulmonary surfactant-secreting alveolar type II cells. Nanotoxicology. 2014 create date:2013/08/07 | first author:Bouzas V
- Gold-nanobeacons for gene therapy: evaluation of genotoxicity, cell toxicity and proteome profiling analysis. Nanotoxicology. 2014 create date:2013/05/07 | first author:Conde J
- Application of the QuantiFERON®-TB Gold test in Erythema Induratum. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014 create date:2012/08/28 | first author:Sim JH
- Using gold nanorods core/silver shell nanostructures as model material to probe biodistribution and toxic effects of silver nanoparticles in mice. Nanotoxicology. 2014 create date:2013/07/11 | first author:Meng J
- Aptamer-conjugated gold nanorod for photothermal ablation of epidermal growth factor receptor-overexpressed epithelial cancer. J Biomed Opt. 2014 create date:2013/12/04 | first author:Choi J
- The unfolding of G-quadruplexes and its adverse effect on DNA-gold nanoparticles-based sensing system. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Cheng S
- Sandwich-format electrochemiluminescence assays for tumor marker based on PAMAM dendrimer-l-cysteine-hollow gold nanosphere nanocomposites. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Zhuo Y
- Covalent fabrication of methyl parathion hydrolase on gold nanoparticles modified carbon substrates for designing a methyl parathion biosensor. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Liu G
- Highly sensitive and label-free electrochemical detection of microRNAs based on triple signal amplification of multifunctional gold nanoparticles, enzymes and redox-cycling reaction. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/10 | first author:Liu L
- Novel electrochemical aptamer biosensor based on an enzyme-gold nanoparticle dual label for the ultrasensitive detection of epithelial tumour marker MUC1. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/11/06 | first author:Hu R
- A gold nanoparticles colorimetric assay for label-free detection of protein kinase activity based on phosphorylation protection against exopeptidase cleavage. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/10/26 | first author:Zhou J
- Detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus using a gold nanoparticle-based colourimetric polymerase chain reaction assay. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/10/16 | first author:Chan WS
- Label-free turn-on fluorescent detection of melamine based on the anti-quenching ability of Hg(2+) to gold nanoclusters. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Dai H
- Lipase-nanoporous gold biocomposite modified electrode for reliable detection of triglycerides. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Wu C
- Triple signal amplification using gold nanoparticles, bienzyme and platinum nanoparticles functionalized graphene as enhancers for simultaneous multiple electrochemical immunoassay. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 | first author:Jia X
- Colorimetric sensor based on dual-functional gold nanoparticles: Analyte-recognition and peroxidase-like activity. Food Chem. 2014 | first author:Deng HH
- Gold nanoparticles cellular toxicity and recovery: Adipose Derived Stromal cells. Nanotoxicology. 2014 | first author:Mironava T
- Improved detection limits of protein optical fiber biosensors coated with gold nanoparticles. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 | first author:Lepinay S
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Comparison of 10% potassium hydroxide solution versus cryotherapy in the treatment of molluscum contagiosum: An open randomized clinical trial. Handjani F, Behazin E, Sadati MS. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014.
- Treatment of pediatric molluscum contagiosum with 10% potassium hydroxide solution. Can B, Topaloglu F, Kavala M, Turkoglu Z, Zindanci I, Sudogan S. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014 Jun.
- Relationships between the leaf and fruit mineral compositions of Actinidia deliciosa var. Hayward according to nitrogen and potassium fertilization. Santoni F, Paolini J, Barboni T, Costa J. Food Chem. 2014 Mar.
- Combined effects of potassium lactate and calcium ascorbate as sodium chloride substitutes on the physicochemical and sensory characteristics of low-sodium frankfurter sausage. Choi YM, Jung KC, Jo HM, Nam KW, Choe JH, Rhee MS, Kim BC. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan.
- Growth, structure and spectral studies of a novel mixed crystal potassium zinc manganese sulphate. Vijila Manonmoni J, Bhagavannarayana G, Ramasamy G, Meenakshisundaram S, Amutha M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- The effect of counter-ions on the ion selectivity of potassium and sodium ions in nanopores. Tang D, Kim D. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014
- Calcium and potassium content in beef: Influences on tenderness and associations with molecular markers in Nellore cattle. Tizioto PC, Gromboni CF, de Araujo Nogueira AR, de Souza MM, de Alvarenga Mudadu M, Tholon P, Rosa Ado N, Tullio RR, Medeiros SR, Nassu RT, de Almeida Regitano LC. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan.
- A Systematic Review of the Uterine Relaxant Effect of Potassium Channel Openers. Hantooshzadeh S, Rezaeizadeh G, Nikfar S, Ghiasi S, Abdollahi M. Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2013 Dec
- Effect of raw material ratios on the compressive strength of magnesium potassium phosphate chemically bonded ceramics. Wang AJ, Yuan ZL, Zhang J, Liu LT, Li JM, Liu Z. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Dec 1.
- Combined effects of potassium sorbate, hot water and thiabendazole against green mould of citrus fruit and residue levels. D'Aquino S, Fadda A, Barberis A, Palma A, Angioni A, Schirra M. Food Chem. 2013 Nov 15.
- Aptamer biosensor for label-free impedance spectroscopy detection of potassium ion based on DNA G-quadruplex conformation. Chen Z, Chen L, Ma H, Zhou T, Li X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013.
- Protective effects of hydrogen sulfide in a rat model of traumatic brain injury via activation of mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels and reduction of oxidative stress. Jiang X, Huang Y, Lin W, Gao D, Fei Z. J Surg Res. 2013 Oct
- Influence of metakaolin purities on potassium geopolymer formulation: The existence of several networks. Autef A, Joussein E, Poulesquen A, Gasgnier G, Pronier S, Sobrados I, Sanz J, Rossignol S. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013.
- Gain control of synaptic response function in cerebellar nuclear neurons by a calcium-activated potassium conductance. Feng SS, Lin R, Gauck V, Jaeger D. Cerebellum. 2013.
- A computational study of barium blockades in the KcsA potassium channel based on multi-ion potential of mean force calculations and free energy perturbation. Rowley CN, Roux B. J Gen Physiol. 2013.
- Formulation and evaluation of non-effervescent floating tablets of losartan potassium. Getyala A, Gangadharappa HV, Prasad MS, Reddy MP, Kumar TM. Curr Drug Deliv. 2013 Oct. SDF-1a and LPA modulate microglia potassium channels through rho gtpases to regulate cell morphology. Muessel MJ, Harry GJ, Armstrong DL, Storey NM. Glia.
- Paradoxical Activation of an Inwardly Rectifying Potassium Channel Mutant by Spermine: "(B)locking" Open the Bundle Crossing Gate. Vilin YY, Nunez JJ, Kim RY, Dake GR, Kurata HT. Mol Pharmacol. 2013.
- Potassium Channel Openers Increase Aortic Elastic Fiber Formation and Reverse the Genetically Determined Elastin Deficit in the BN Rat. Slove S, Lannoy M, Behmoaras J, Pezet M, Sloboda N, Lacolley P, Escoubet B, Buján J, Jacob MP. Hypertension. 2013 Oct.
- Property changes of urinary nanocrystallites and urine of uric acid stone formers after taking potassium citrate. Zhang GN, Ouyang JM, Xue JF, Shang YF. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Oct.
- Subcellular potassium and sodium distribution in Saccharomyces cerevisiae wild-type and vacuolar mutants. Herrera R, Alvarez MC, Gelis S, Ramos J. Biochem J. 2013.