Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-02||Request Quote|
|(2N5) 99.5% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-025||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-03||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-035||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide||AU1-KCY-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|KAu(CN)2||13967-50-5||159710||MFCD00011414||237-748-4||potassium; gold(3+); tetrathiocyanate||6235525||[Au+].[K+].[C-]#N.[C-]#N||InChI=1S/2CN.Au.K
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2AuKN2||288.10||white powder or crystals||N/A||N/A||3.45 g/cm3||287.936423||287.936423||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Gold(I) Potassium Cyanide (Potassium Gold Cyanide) is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Gold (atomic symbol: Au, atomic number: 79) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 196.966569. The number of electrons in each of Gold's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f142 5d10 6s1. The gold atom has a radius of 144 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 217 pm. Gold was first discovered by Early Man prior to 6000 B.C. In its elemental form, gold has a metallic yellow appearance. Gold is a soft metal and is usually alloyed to give it more strength. It is a good conductor of heat and electricity, and is unaffected by air and most reagents. It is one of the least reactive chemical elements. Gold is often found as a free element and with silver as a gold silver alloy. Less commonly, it is found in minerals as gold compounds, usually with tellurium. For more information on gold, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of gold products, visit the Gold element page.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1588 6.1/PG 1|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|GOLD(I) POTASSIUM CYANIDE SYNONYMS|
|Potassium dicyanoaurate(I); Potassium gold cyanide; Gold(1+) potassium cyanide (1:1:2); Aurate(1-), bis(cyano-C)-, potassium; monopotassium dicyanoaurate; potassium dicyanaurate; potassium dicyanidoaurate(I), GPC|
|CUSTOMERS FOR GOLD(I) POTASSIUM CYANIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Gold Powder||Gold Nanoparticles||Gold Metal||Gold Sheet||Gold Nitrate|
|Gold Acetate||Tin Gold Alloy||Gold Foil||Gold Chloride||Copper Gold Nickel Alloy|
|Gold Sputtering Target||Gold Oxide Pellets||Gold Pellets||Gold Fluoride||Gold Bar|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Gold|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Gold
- Single nucleotide polymorphism detection using gold nanoprobes and bio-microfluidic platform with embedded microlenses. Bernacka-Wojcik I, Águas H, Carlos FF, Lopes P, Wojcik PJ, Costa MN, Veigas B, Igreja R, Fortunato E, Baptista PV, Martins R. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2015 Mar 10.
- Multifunctional Dendrimer-Entrapped Gold Nanoparticles Modified with RGD Peptide for Targeted CT/MR Dual Modal Imaging of Tumors. Chen Q, Wang H, Liu H, Wen S, Peng C, Shen M, Zhang G, Shi X. Anal Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Site-specific immobilization of protein layers on gold surfaces via orthogonal sortases. Raeeszadeh-Sarmazdeh M, Parthasarathy R, Boder ET. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2015 Mar 1.
- Magnetic moments of chromium-doped gold clusters: the anderson impurity model in finite systems. Hirsch K, Zamudio-Bayer V, Langenberg A, Niemeyer M, Langbehn B, Möller T, Terasaki A, Issendorff BV, Lau JT. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 27
- Comparison of cold knife cone biopsy and loop electrosurgical excision procedure in the management of cervical adenocarcinoma in situ: What is the gold standard? Munro A, Leung Y, Spilsbury K, Stewart CJ, Semmens J, Codde J, Williams V, O'Leary P, Steel N, Cohen P. Gynecol Oncol. 2015 Mar 10.
- A novel amperometric biosensor based on gold nanoparticles anchored on reduced graphene oxide for sensitive detection of l-lactate tumor biomarker. Azzouzi S, Rotariu L, Benito AM, Maser WK, Ben Ali M, Bala C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2015 Mar 7
- Photosensitivity of Neurons Enabled by Cell-Targeted Gold Nanoparticles. Carvalho-de-Souza JL, Treger JS, Dang B, Kent SB, Pepperberg DR, Bezanilla F. Neuron. 2015 Mar 11.
- Self-assembly of indole-2-carboxylic acid at graphite and gold surfaces. De Marchi F, Cui D, Lipton-Duffin J, Santato C, MacLeod JM, Rosei F. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14
- Bottom-up formation of robustgold carbide. Westenfelder B, Biskupek J, Meyer JC, Kurasch S, Lin X, Scholz F, Gross A, Kaiser U. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 16
- New tool for biological dosimetry: Reevaluation and automation of the gold standard method following telomere and centromere staining. M'kacher R, Maalouf EE, Ricoul M, Heidingsfelder L, Laplagne E, Cuceu C, Hempel WM, Colicchio B, Dieterlen A, Sabatier L. Mutat Res. 2014 Dec
- Sub-Parts Per Million NO2 Chemi-Transistor Sensors Based on Composite Porous Silicon/Gold Nanostructures Prepared by Metal-Assisted Etching. Sainato M, Strambini LM, Rella S, Mazzotta E, Barillaro G. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- The development of a green approach for the biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles by using Panax ginseng root extract, and their biological applications. Singh P, Kim YJ, Wang C, Mathiyalagan R, Yang DC. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol. 2015 Mar 14:1-8.
- Functionalisation of hollow gold nanospheres for use as stable, red-shifted SERS nanotags. Moreton S, Faulds K, Shand NC, Bedics MA, Detty MR, Graham D. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 13.
- Formation and Optical Properties of Fluorescent Gold Nanoparticles Obtained by Matrix Sputtering Method with Volatile Mercaptan Molecules in the Vacuum Chamber and Consideration of Their Structures. Sumi T, Motono S, Ishida Y, Shirahata N, Yonezawa T. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 15.
- Theranostic Radiopharmaceuticals Based on Gold Nanoparticles Labeled with 177Lu and Conjugated to Peptides. Ferro-Flores G, Ocampo-García BE, Santos-Cuevas CL, María Ramírez F, Azorín-Vega EP, Meléndez-Alafort L. Curr Radiopharm. 2015 Mar 13.
- Detection of dopamine on a mercapto-terminated hexanuclear Fe(III) cluster modified gold electrode. Gu X, Jiang G, Jiang G, Chen T, Zhan W, Li X, Wu S, Tian S. Talanta. 2015 May
- Surface modification-induced phase transformation of hexagonal close-packed gold square sheets. Fan Z, Huang X, Han Y, Bosman M, Wang Q, Zhu Y, Liu Q, Li B, Zeng Z, Wu J, Shi W, Li S, Gan CL, Zhang H. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 13
- Gold Standard in Anticoagulation Assessment of Left Ventricular Assist Device Patients?: How About Bronze. Stehlik J, Johnson SA, Selzman CH. JACC Heart Fail. 2015 Mar 3.
- A plasmonic nanosensor for lipase activity based on enzyme-controlled gold nanoparticles growth in situ. Tang Y, Zhang W, Liu J, Zhang L, Huang W, Huo F, Tian D. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hybrid Paclitaxel and Gold Nanorod-Loaded Human Serum Albumin Nanoparticles for Simultaneous Chemotherapeutic and Photothermal Therapy on 4T1 Breast Cancer Cells. Peralta DV, Heidari Z, Dash S, Tarr MA. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 13.
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Design and synthesis of new potassium channel activators derived from the ring opening of diazoxide: Study of their vasodilatory effect, stimulation of elastin synthesis and inhibitory effect on insulin release. Bouider N, Fhayli W, Ghandour Z, Boyer M, Harrouche K, Florence X, Pirotte B, Lebrun P, Faury G, Khelili S. Bioorg Med Chem. 2015 Feb 27.
- Geostatistical approach for management of soil nutrients with special emphasis on different forms of potassium considering their spatial variation in intensive cropping system of West Bengal, India. Chatterjee S, Santra P, Majumdar K, Ghosh D, Das I, Sanyal SK. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effect of glucose-insulin-potassium on hyperlactataemia in patients undergoing valvular heart surgery: A prospective, randomised controlled study. Un Roh G, Shim JK, Song JW, Kang HM, Kwak YL. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2015 Mar 10.
- Potassium Abnormalities in Current Clinical Practice: Frequency, Causes, Severity and Management. Eliacik E, Yildirim T, Sahin U, Kizilarslanoglu C, Tapan U, Aybal-Kutlugun A, Hascelik G, Arici M. Med Princ Pract. 2015 Mar 11.
- Comparison of urinary sodium and potassium in children older than two with idiopathic hypercalciuria and a healthy control group in Bandar-Abbas, Iran, in 2013. Ajdadi E, Esteghamati M, Ghasemi K, Shahvari SZ. Electron Physician. 2014 Jul 1
- Effects of extracellular potassium diffusion on electrically coupled neuron networks. Wu XX, Shuai J. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2015 Feb
- Ionotropic cross-linked carbo-protein micro matrix system: An approach for improvement of drug release, compaction and tabletting behavior of losartan potassium. Khandai M, Chakraborty S, Ghosh AK. Curr Drug Deliv. 2015 Mar 10.
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Effect of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium activation on peripheral and central pain sensitization. Shen S, Cao S, Huang S, Chen J. J Surg Res. 2015 Jan 28.
- Magnolol and honokiol regulate the calcium-activated potassium channels signaling pathway in enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli-induced diarrhea mice. Deng Y, Han X, Tang S, Xiao W, Tan Z, Zhou C, Wang M, Kang J. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Two-pore-domain potassium channels: regulators of many cellular functions. Budde T, Daut J, Kurtz A, Pape HC. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- [New potassium binders effective: treatment of hyperkalaemia secondary to RAAS inhibitors]. Hoorn EJ. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2015
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
- Palpitations, potassium and the pump. Weiss JN. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Nitric oxide influences potassium currents in inner hair cells isolated from guinea-pig cochlea. Kimitsuki T. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2015 Mar 10.
- Erratum to: The Protective Effect of Epoxyeicosatrienoic Acids on Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury is Associated with PI3K/Akt Pathway and ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channels. Qu YY, Yuan MY, Liu Y, Zhu YL, Xiao XJ. Neurochem Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Soil microbial response to waste potassium silicate drilling fluid. Yao L, Anne Naeth M, Jobson A. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Mar 1