|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Barium Acetate||BA-AC-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Barium Acetate||BA-AC-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Barium Acetate||BA-AC-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Barium Acetate||BA-AC-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C4H6BaO4||255.42||White Powder||N/A||255.932g/mol||255.932g/mol||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Barium Acetate is a moderately water soluble crystalline Barium source that decomposes to Barium oxide on heating. It is generally immediately available in most volumes. All metallic acetates are inorganic salts of a metal cation and the acetate anion, a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of two carbon atoms ionically bound to three hydrogen and two oxygen atoms (Symbol: CH3COO) for a total formula weight of 59.05. Acetates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds, catalysts, and nanoscale materials.We also produce Barium Acetate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia)and follows applicable ASTM testing standards.Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Barium (atomic symbol: Ba, atomic number: 56) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 137.27. The number of electrons in each of barium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe] 6s2. Barium is a member of the alkaline-earth metals. The barium atom has a radius of 222 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 268 pm. Barium was discovered by Carl Wilhelm Scheele in 1772 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, barium is a soft, silvery-gray metal. Industrial applications for barium include acting as a "getterer," or unwanted gas remover, for vacuum tubes, and as an additive to steel and cast iron. Barium is also alloyed with silicon and aluminum as load-bearing alloys. The main commercial source of barium is the mineral barite (BaSO4); it does not occur naturally as a free element . The name barium is derived from the Greek word "barys," meaning heavy. For more information on barium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of barium products, visit the Barium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 3146 .1/PG 3
BARIUM ACETATE SYNONYMS
Barium diacetate, Barium di(acetate), Barium Salt, Bariumacetat, Barium(+2) Cation Diacetate, Barium(+2) Cation Diethanoate
CUSTOMERS FOR BARIUM ACETATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Barium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Barium
- Barium recovery by crystallization in a fluidized-bed reactor: Effects of pH, Ba/P molar ratio and seed. Su CC, Reano RL, Dalida ML, Lu MC. Chemosphere. 2014.
- Barium chloride impaired Kir2.1 inward rectification in its stably transfected HEK 293 cell lines. Shen N, Zheng J, Liu H, Xu K, Chen Q, Chen Y, Shen Y, Jiang L, Chen Y. Eur J Pharmacol. 2014.
- Structural and optical properties of Er(3+)/Yb(3+) doped barium titanate phosphor prepared by co-precipitation method. Mahata MK, Kumar K, Rai VK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014.
- One- and two-particle effects in the electronic and optical spectra of barium fluoride. Cadelano E, Furthmüller J, Cappellini G, Bechstedt F. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 Mar.
- Dielectric properties of barium titanate supramolecular nanocomposites. Lee KH, Kao J, Parizi SS, Caruntu G, Xu T. Nanoscale. 2014.
- Lightweight Bilayer Barium Sulfate-Bismuth Oxide Composite Thyroid Collars for Superior Radiation Protection in Fluoroscopy-guided Interventions: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial. Uthoff H, Benenati MJ, Katzen BT, Peña C, Gandhi R, Staub D, Schernthaner M. Radiology. 2014 Feb.
- Surface-Initiated Polymerization from Barium Titanate Nanoparticles for Hybrid Dielectric Capacitors. Paniagua SA, Kim Y, Henry K, Kumar R, Perry JW, Marder SR. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Feb.
- Transformation of Barium-Titanium Chloro-Alkoxide Compound to BaTiO3 Nanoparticles by BaCl2 Elimination. Kosinska-Klähn M, John L, Drag-Jarzabek A, Utko J, Petrus R, Jerzykiewicz LB, Sobota P. Inorg Chem. 2014 Feb.
- Barium recovery by crystallization in a fluidized-bed reactor: Effects of pH, Ba/P molar ratio and seed. Su CC, Reano RL, Dalida ML, Lu MC. Chemosphere. 2014 Jan.
- Rhodium-Doped Barium Titanate Perovskite as a Stable p-Type Semiconductor Photocatalyst for Hydrogen Evolution under Visible Light. Maeda K. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Jan.
- Enantiomeric Separations of Chiral Sulfonic and Phosphoric Acids with Barium-Doped Cyclofructan Selectors via an Ion Interaction Mechanism. Smuts JP, Hao XQ, Han Z, Parpia C, Krische MJ, Armstrong DW. Anal Chem. 2014 Jan.
- Radium and Barium Removal through Blending Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids with Acid Mine Drainage. Kondash AJ, Warner NR, Lahav O, Vengosh A. Environ Sci Technol. 2014 Jan.
- Structural and optical properties of Er3+/Yb3+ doped barium titanate phosphor prepared by co-precipitation method. Mahata MK, Kumar K, Rai VK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- Barium Peritonitis in Small Animals. Ko JJ, Mann FA. J Vet Med Sci. 2014 Jan.
- Synthesis, characterization and reactivity of potassium and barium complexes containing phosphane-borane stabilized methanides. Langer J, Görls H. Dalton Trans. 2014 Jan.
- Molecular Structural Transformations Induced by Spatial Confinement in Barium Fluoride Cells. Vijay R, Polavarapu PL. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Dec.
- Poly(vinylidene-trifluoroethylene)/ barium titanate composite for in vivo support of bone formation. Lopes HB, Santos TD, de Oliveira FS, Freitas GP, de Almeida AL, Gimenes R, Rosa AL, Beloti MM. J Biomater Appl. 2013.
- Coating barium titanate nanoparticles with polyethylenimine improves cellular uptake and allows for coupled imaging and gene delivery. Dempsey C, Lee I, Cowan KR, Suh J. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Dec.
- Incidence of clinically silent malrotation detected on barium swallow examination in children. Atkin KL, Chowdhury MM, Bartlett M. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2013 Dec.
- Effect of barium ferrite particle size on detachment efficiency in magnetophoretic harvesting of oleaginous Chlorella sp. Seo JY, Lee K, Lee SY, Jeon SG, Na JG, Oh YK, Park SB. Bioresour Technol. 2013 Dec.
- Lightweight Bilayer Barium Sulfate-Bismuth Oxide Composite Thyroid Collars for Superior Radiation Protection in Fluoroscopy-guided Interventions: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial. Uthoff H, Benenati MJ, Katzen BT, Peña C, Gandhi R, Staub D, Schernthaner M.
- High-sensitivity accelerometer composed of ultra-long vertically aligned barium titanate nanowire arrays. Koka A, Sodano HA. Nat Commun. 2013 Nov.
Recent Research & Development for Acetates
- Novel lectin-modified poly(ethylene-co-vinyl acetate) mucoadhesive nanoparticles of carvedilol: preparation and in vitro optimization using a two-level factorial design. Varshosaz J, Moazen E. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Ratiometric sensing of fluoride and acetate anions based on a BODIPY-azaindole platform and its application to living cell imaging. Mahapatra AK, Maji R, Maiti K, Adhikari SS, Mukhopadhyay CD, Mandal D. Analyst. 2014.
- Pharmacogenomics of interferon beta and glatiramer acetate response: A review of the literature. Mahurkar S, Suppiah V, O'Doherty C. Autoimmun Rev. 2014 Feb.
- Stability assessment of hypromellose acetate succinate (HPMCAS) NF for application in hot melt extrusion (HME). Sarode AL, Obara S, Tanno FK, Sandhu H, Iyer R, Shah N. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Jan.
- Transcriptional suppression of human apolipoproteina4 and apolipoproteinc3 genes by phorbol myristate acetate in hepatic and intestinal cells. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014 | first author:Li G
- In situ hydrogen utilization for high fraction acetate production in mixed culture hollow-fiber membrane biofilm reactor. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013 create date:2013/11/08 | first author:Zhang F
- Evolved Cobalamin-Independent Methionine Synthase (MetE) Improves the Acetate and Thermal Tolerance of Escherichia coli. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Mordukhova EA
- Uranyl(VI) Complexes in and from Imidazolium Acetate Ionic Liquids: Carbenes versus Acetates? Hollóczki O. Inorg Chem. 2013 Dec.
- Cu-Catalyzed Conversion of Propargyl Acetates to E-a,ß-Unsaturated Amides via Ketenimine Formation with Sulfonyl Azides. Kiran Kumar Y, Ranjith Kumar G, Sridhar Reddy M. J Org Chem. 2013 Dec.
- Highly Enantioselective Copper-Catalyzed Propargylic Substitution of Propargylic Acetates with 1,3-Dicarbonyl Compounds. Han FZ, Zhu FL, Wang YH, Zou Y, Hu XH, Chen S, Hu XP. Org Lett. 2013 Dec.
- Mixture Toxicity of SN2-Reactive Soft Electrophiles: 3. Evaluation of Ethyl a-Halogenated Acetates with a-Halogenated Acetonitriles. Dawson DA, Pöch G, Schultz TW. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2013 Dec.
- Fully automated synthesis of (11)C-acetate as tumor PET tracer by simple modified solid-phase extraction purification. Appl Radiat Isot. 2013 create date:2013/08/27 | first author:Tang X
- Metabolic and prostate-specific antigen response after abiraterone acetate withdrawal: a new clinical scenario for castration-resistant prostate cancer? Clin Genitourin Cancer. 2013 create date:2013/07/03 | first author:Caffo O
- Contraceptive adherence among HIV-infected women in Malawi: a randomized controlled trial of the copper intrauterine device and depot medroxyprogesterone acetate. Contraception. 2013 | first author:Haddad LB
- Anion release and uptake kinetics: Structural changes of layered 2-dimensional ZnNiHN upon uptake of acetate and chlorinated acetate anions. Machingauta C, Hossenlopp JM. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Dec.
- Nonlinear responses for chromosome and gene level effects induced by vinyl acetate monomer and its metabolite, acetaldehyde in TK6 cells. Environ Mol Mutagen. 2013 | first author:Budinsky R
- Characterization of cellulose acetates according to DS and molar mass using two-dimensional chromatography. Ghareeb HO, Radke W. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Nov 6
- Electrospun cellulose acetate nanofibers as thin layer chromatographic media for eco-friendly screening of steroids adulterated in traditional medicine and nutraceutical products. Rojanarata T, Plianwong S, Su-Uta K, Opanasopit P, Ngawhirunpat T. Talanta. 2013 | first author:Rojanarata T
- Acetate adaptation of clostridia tyrobutyricum for improved fermentation production of butyrate. Jaros AM, Rova U, Berglund KA. Springerplus. 2013 create date:2013/03/23 | first author:Jaros AM
- Vitamin E bioaccessibility: influence of carrier oil type on digestion and release of emulsified Î±-tocopherol acetate. Yang Y, McClements DJ. Food Chem. 2013 | first author:Yang Y