Barium Oxide Sputtering Target
High Purity BaO Sputtering Targets
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(3N) 99.9% Barium Oxide Sputtering Target||BA-OX-03-ST|
|(4N) 99.99% Barium Oxide Sputtering Target||BA-OX-04-ST|
|(5N) 99.999% Barium Oxide Sputtering Target||BA-OX-05-ST|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|BaO||153.326||White to very pale yellow crystalline solid||1,923° C
|5720 kg/m-3||153.9 g/mo||153.900157 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
American Elements specializes in producing high purity Barium Oxide Sputtering Targets with the highest possible density and smallest possible average grain sizes for use in semiconductor, chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) display and optical applications. Our standard Sputtering Targets for thin film are available monoblock or bonded with dimensions and configurations up to 820 mm with hole drill locations and threading, beveling, grooves and backing designed to work with both older sputtering devices as well as the latest process equipment, such as large area coating for solar energy or fuel cells and flip-chip applications. Research sized targets are also produced as well as custom sizes and alloys. All targets are analyzed using best demonstrated techniques including X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF), Glow Discharge Mass Spectrometry (GDMS), and Inductively Coupled Plasma (ICP). "Sputtering" allows for thin film deposition of an ultra high purity sputtering metallic or oxide material onto another solid substrate by the controlled removal and conversion of the target material into a directed gaseous/plasma phase through ionic bombardment. We can also provide targets outside this range in addition to just about any size rectangular, annular, or oval target. Materials are produced using crystallization, solid state and other ultra high purification processes such as sublimation. American Elements specializes in producing custom compositions for commercial and research applications and for new proprietary technologies. American Elements also casts any of the rare earth metals and most other advanced materials into rod, bar or plate form, as well as other machined shapes and through other processes such as nanoparticles (See also application discussion at Nanotechnology Information and at Quantum Dots) and in the form of solutions and organometallics. We also produce Barium Oxide as pieces, pellets, powder, tablets, and nanopowder. Oxide compounds are not conductive to electricity. However, certain perovskite structured oxides are electronically conductive finding application in the cathode of solid oxide fuel cells and oxygen generation systems. See safety data and research below and pricing/lead time above. Other shapes are available by request.e.
Barium (atomic symbol: Ba, atomic number: 56) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 137.27. The number of electrons in each of barium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe] 6s2. Barium is a member of the alkaline-earth metals. The barium atom has a radius of 222 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 268 pm. Barium was discovered by Carl Wilhelm Scheele in 1772 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, barium is a soft, silvery-gray metal. Industrial applications for barium include acting as a "getterer," or unwanted gas remover, for vacuum tubes, and as an additive to steel and cast iron. Barium is also alloyed with silicon and aluminum as load-bearing alloys. The main commercial source of barium is the mineral barite (BaSO4); it does not occur naturally as a free element . The name barium is derived from the Greek word "barys," meaning heavy. For more information on barium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of barium products, visit the Barium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1884 6.1/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BARIUM OXIDE SYNONYMS|
|Barium monoxide, Oxobarium, Baryta, Calcined baryta, Barium protoxide, Ketobarium, Barium(+2) cation; oxygen(-2) anion|
CUSTOMERS FOR BARIUM OXIDE SPUTTERING TARGETS HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Barium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Barium
- Surface-Initiated Polymerization from Barium Titanate Nanoparticles for Hybrid Dielectric Capacitors. Paniagua SA, Kim Y, Henry K, Kumar R, Perry JW, Marder SR. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Feb.
- Lightweight Bilayer Barium Sulfate-Bismuth Oxide Composite Thyroid Collars for Superior Radiation Protection in Fluoroscopy-guided Interventions: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial. Uthoff H, Benenati MJ, Katzen BT, Peña C, Gandhi R, Staub D, Schernthaner M. Radiology. 2014 Feb.
- Transformation of Barium-Titanium Chloro-Alkoxide Compound to BaTiO3 Nanoparticles by BaCl2 Elimination. Kosinska-Klähn M, John L, Drag-Jarzabek A, Utko J, Petrus R, Jerzykiewicz LB, Sobota P. Inorg Chem. 2014 Feb.
- Barium recovery by crystallization in a fluidized-bed reactor: Effects of pH, Ba/P molar ratio and seed. Su CC, Reano RL, Dalida ML, Lu MC. Chemosphere. 2014 Jan.
- Rhodium-Doped Barium Titanate Perovskite as a Stable p-Type Semiconductor Photocatalyst for Hydrogen Evolution under Visible Light. Maeda K. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Jan.
- Enantiomeric Separations of Chiral Sulfonic and Phosphoric Acids with Barium-Doped Cyclofructan Selectors via an Ion Interaction Mechanism. Smuts JP, Hao XQ, Han Z, Parpia C, Krische MJ, Armstrong DW. Anal Chem. 2014 Jan.
- Radium and Barium Removal through Blending Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids with Acid Mine Drainage. Kondash AJ, Warner NR, Lahav O, Vengosh A. Environ Sci Technol. 2014 Jan.
- Structural and optical properties of Er3+/Yb3+ doped barium titanate phosphor prepared by co-precipitation method. Mahata MK, Kumar K, Rai VK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- Barium Peritonitis in Small Animals. Ko JJ, Mann FA. J Vet Med Sci. 2014 Jan.
- Synthesis, characterization and reactivity of potassium and barium complexes containing phosphane-borane stabilized methanides. Langer J, Görls H. Dalton Trans. 2014 Jan.
- Molecular Structural Transformations Induced by Spatial Confinement in Barium Fluoride Cells. Vijay R, Polavarapu PL. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Dec.
- Poly(vinylidene-trifluoroethylene)/ barium titanate composite for in vivo support of bone formation. Lopes HB, Santos TD, de Oliveira FS, Freitas GP, de Almeida AL, Gimenes R, Rosa AL, Beloti MM. J Biomater Appl. 2013.
- Coating barium titanate nanoparticles with polyethylenimine improves cellular uptake and allows for coupled imaging and gene delivery. Dempsey C, Lee I, Cowan KR, Suh J. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Dec.
- Incidence of clinically silent malrotation detected on barium swallow examination in children. Atkin KL, Chowdhury MM, Bartlett M. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2013 Dec.
- Effect of barium ferrite particle size on detachment efficiency in magnetophoretic harvesting of oleaginous Chlorella sp. Seo JY, Lee K, Lee SY, Jeon SG, Na JG, Oh YK, Park SB. Bioresour Technol. 2013 Dec.
- Lightweight Bilayer Barium Sulfate-Bismuth Oxide Composite Thyroid Collars for Superior Radiation Protection in Fluoroscopy-guided Interventions: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial. Uthoff H, Benenati MJ, Katzen BT, Peña C, Gandhi R, Staub D, Schernthaner M.
- High-sensitivity accelerometer composed of ultra-long vertically aligned barium titanate nanowire arrays. Koka A, Sodano HA. Nat Commun. 2013 Nov.
- A computational study of barium blockades in the KcsA potassium channel based on multi-ion potential of mean force calculations and free energy perturbation. Rowley CN, Roux B. J Gen Physiol. 2013 Oct.
- A therapeutic barium enema is a practical option to control bleeding from the appendix. Konno Y, Fujiya M, Tanaka K, Sakatani A, Shimoda M, Hayashi A, Muto M, Inoue M, Sakamoto J, Oikawa K, Ueno N, Inaba Y, Moriichi K, Kohgo Y. BMC Gastroenterol. 2013 Oct.
- Preparation, characterization, biological activity, and transport study of polystyrene based calcium-barium phosphate composite membrane. Khan MM, Rafiuddin. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Oct.