Barium Sulfate Solution
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Barium Sulfate Solution||BA-SAT-02-SOL|
|(3N) 99.9% Barium Sulfate Solution||BA-SAT-03-SOL|
|(4N) 99.99% Barium Sulfate Solution||BA-SAT-04-SOL|
|(5N) 99.999% Barium Sulfate Solution||BA-SAT-05-SOL|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|4.50 g/cm3||233.857||233.857||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Barium Sulfate Solutions are moderate to highly concentrated liquid solutions of Barium Sulfate. They are an excellent source of Barium Sulfate for applications requiring solubilzed materials. American Elements can prepare dissolved homogenous solutions at customer specified concentrations or to the maximum stoichiometric concentration. Packaging is available in 55 gallon drums, smaller units and larger liquid totes. American Elements maintains solution production facilities in the United States, Northern Europe (Liverpool, UK), Southern Europe (Milan, Italy), Australia and China to allow for lower freight costs and quicker delivery to our customers. American Elements metal and rare earth compound solutions have numerous applications, but are commonly used in petrochemical cracking and automotive catalysts, water treatment, plating, textiles, research and in optic, laser, crystal and glass applications. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale (See also Nanotechnology Information and Quantum Dots) elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. We also produce Barium Sulfate Powder.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles (See also application discussion at Nanotechnology Information and at Quantum Dots) and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar energy materials and fuel cells. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Barium (atomic symbol: Ba, atomic number: 56) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 137.27. The number of electrons in each of barium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe] 6s2. Barium is a member of the alkaline-earth metals. The barium atom has a radius of 222 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 268 pm. Barium was discovered by Carl Wilhelm Scheele in 1772 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, barium is a soft, silvery-gray metal. Industrial applications for barium include acting as a "getterer," or unwanted gas remover, for vacuum tubes, and as an additive to steel and cast iron. Barium is also alloyed with silicon and aluminum as load-bearing alloys. The main commercial source of barium is the mineral barite (BaSO4); it does not occur naturally as a free element . The name barium is derived from the Greek word "barys," meaning heavy. For more information on barium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of barium products, visit the Barium Information Center.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne]3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777 when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BARIUM SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|Baryte, Sulfuric acid, barium salt (1:1), barium(+2) cation sulfate, Barium salt of sulfuric acid, Actybaryte, Colonatrast, Sulfuric acid, barium salt (1:1), Barosperse, Esophotrast|
CUSTOMERS FOR BARIUM SULFATE SOLUTION HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Barium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Barium
- Surface-Initiated Polymerization from Barium Titanate Nanoparticles for Hybrid Dielectric Capacitors. Paniagua SA, Kim Y, Henry K, Kumar R, Perry JW, Marder SR. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Feb.
- Lightweight Bilayer Barium Sulfate-Bismuth Oxide Composite Thyroid Collars for Superior Radiation Protection in Fluoroscopy-guided Interventions: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial. Uthoff H, Benenati MJ, Katzen BT, Peña C, Gandhi R, Staub D, Schernthaner M. Radiology. 2014 Feb.
- Transformation of Barium-Titanium Chloro-Alkoxide Compound to BaTiO3 Nanoparticles by BaCl2 Elimination. Kosinska-Klähn M, John L, Drag-Jarzabek A, Utko J, Petrus R, Jerzykiewicz LB, Sobota P. Inorg Chem. 2014 Feb.
- Barium recovery by crystallization in a fluidized-bed reactor: Effects of pH, Ba/P molar ratio and seed. Su CC, Reano RL, Dalida ML, Lu MC. Chemosphere. 2014 Jan.
- Rhodium-Doped Barium Titanate Perovskite as a Stable p-Type Semiconductor Photocatalyst for Hydrogen Evolution under Visible Light. Maeda K. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Jan.
- Enantiomeric Separations of Chiral Sulfonic and Phosphoric Acids with Barium-Doped Cyclofructan Selectors via an Ion Interaction Mechanism. Smuts JP, Hao XQ, Han Z, Parpia C, Krische MJ, Armstrong DW. Anal Chem. 2014 Jan.
- Radium and Barium Removal through Blending Hydraulic Fracturing Fluids with Acid Mine Drainage. Kondash AJ, Warner NR, Lahav O, Vengosh A. Environ Sci Technol. 2014 Jan.
- Structural and optical properties of Er3+/Yb3+ doped barium titanate phosphor prepared by co-precipitation method. Mahata MK, Kumar K, Rai VK. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- Barium Peritonitis in Small Animals. Ko JJ, Mann FA. J Vet Med Sci. 2014 Jan.
- Synthesis, characterization and reactivity of potassium and barium complexes containing phosphane-borane stabilized methanides. Langer J, Görls H. Dalton Trans. 2014 Jan.
- Molecular Structural Transformations Induced by Spatial Confinement in Barium Fluoride Cells. Vijay R, Polavarapu PL. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Dec.
- Poly(vinylidene-trifluoroethylene)/ barium titanate composite for in vivo support of bone formation. Lopes HB, Santos TD, de Oliveira FS, Freitas GP, de Almeida AL, Gimenes R, Rosa AL, Beloti MM. J Biomater Appl. 2013.
- Coating barium titanate nanoparticles with polyethylenimine improves cellular uptake and allows for coupled imaging and gene delivery. Dempsey C, Lee I, Cowan KR, Suh J. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Dec.
- Incidence of clinically silent malrotation detected on barium swallow examination in children. Atkin KL, Chowdhury MM, Bartlett M. J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol. 2013 Dec.
- Effect of barium ferrite particle size on detachment efficiency in magnetophoretic harvesting of oleaginous Chlorella sp. Seo JY, Lee K, Lee SY, Jeon SG, Na JG, Oh YK, Park SB. Bioresour Technol. 2013 Dec.
- Lightweight Bilayer Barium Sulfate-Bismuth Oxide Composite Thyroid Collars for Superior Radiation Protection in Fluoroscopy-guided Interventions: A Prospective Randomized Controlled Trial. Uthoff H, Benenati MJ, Katzen BT, Peña C, Gandhi R, Staub D, Schernthaner M.
- High-sensitivity accelerometer composed of ultra-long vertically aligned barium titanate nanowire arrays. Koka A, Sodano HA. Nat Commun. 2013 Nov.
- A computational study of barium blockades in the KcsA potassium channel based on multi-ion potential of mean force calculations and free energy perturbation. Rowley CN, Roux B. J Gen Physiol. 2013 Oct.
- A therapeutic barium enema is a practical option to control bleeding from the appendix. Konno Y, Fujiya M, Tanaka K, Sakatani A, Shimoda M, Hayashi A, Muto M, Inoue M, Sakamoto J, Oikawa K, Ueno N, Inaba Y, Moriichi K, Kohgo Y. BMC Gastroenterol. 2013 Oct.
- Preparation, characterization, biological activity, and transport study of polystyrene based calcium-barium phosphate composite membrane. Khan MM, Rafiuddin. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Oct.
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Lou H, Liu M, Qu W, Johnson J, Brunson E, Almoazen H. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Facile synthesis of calcium silicate hydrate using sodium dodecyl sulfate as a surfactant assisted by ultrasonic irradiation. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Mehrali M
- Mucoadhesive polyethylenimine-dextran sulfate nanoparticles containing Punica granatum peel extract as a novel sustained-release antimicrobial. Tiyaboonchai, I Rodleang… Pharmaceutical… 2014.
- Reinvestigation of growth of thiourea urea zinc sulfate crystal. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Effects of arsenate, chromate, and sulfate on arsenic and chromium uptake and translocation by arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. Environ Pollut. 2014 | first author:de Oliveira LM
- A biomimetic extracellular matrix for cartilage tissue engineering centered on photocurable gelatin, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate. Acta Biomater. 2014 | first author:Levett PA
- The effects of fuel composition and ammonium sulfate addition on PCDD, PCDF, PCN and PCB concentrations during the combustion of biomass and paper production residuals. Chemosphere. 2014 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Lundin L
- Plant growth responses to inorganic environmental contaminants are density-dependent: Experiments with copper sulfate, barley and lettuce. Environ Pollut. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Hansi M
- Detection of Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycan 4 (CSPG4) in Melanoma. Methods Mol Biol. 2014 create date:2013/11/22 | first author:Wang Y
- Improving sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis detection of low-abundance protein samples by rapid freeze centrifugation. Anal Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Virgen-OrtÃz JJ
- Three complementary techniques for the clarification of temperature effect on low-density lipoprotein-chondroitin-6-sulfate interaction. Anal Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Cilpa-Karhu G
- Biological sulfate removal from gypsum contaminated construction and demolition debris. J Environ Manage. 2013 create date:2013/10/24 | first author:Kijjanapanich P
- Dietary red meat aggravates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice whereas resistant starch attenuates inflammation. Dig Dis Sci. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Le Leu RK
- Luminescence response of an osmium(II) complex to macromolecular polyanions for the detection of heparin and chondroitin sulfate in biomedical preparations. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 | first author:Wu H
- Novel family of insect salivary inhibitors blocks contact pathway activation by binding to polyphosphate, heparin, and dextran sulfate. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013 create date:2013/10/05 | first author:Alvarenga PH
- Effects of copper sulfate on growth and physiological responses of Limoniastrum monopetalum. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 create date:2013/06/08 | first author:CambrollÃ© J
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate mediates activation of transcription factors CREB and ATF-1 via a GÎ±11-coupled receptor in the spermatogenic cell line GC-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Shihan M
- Effect of salt additives on protein partition in polyethylene glycol-sodium sulfate aqueous two-phase systems. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/08/08 | first author:Ferreira L
- A kinetic study on bacterial sulfate reduction. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2013 create date:2013/05/03 | first author:Bernardez LA
- Perchlorate reduction from a highly contaminated groundwater in the presence of sulfate-reducing bacteria in a hydrogen-fed biofilm. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2013 | first author:Ontiveros-Valencia A