Barium Sulfate Solution
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Barium Sulfate Solution||BA-SAT-02-SOL||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Barium Sulfate Solution||BA-SAT-03-SOL||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Barium Sulfate Solution||BA-SAT-04-SOL||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Barium Sulfate Solution||BA-SAT-05-SOL||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|4.50 g/cm3||233.857||233.857||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Barium Sulfate Solutions are moderate to highly concentrated liquid solutions of Barium Sulfate. They are an excellent source of Barium Sulfate for applications requiring solubilzed materials. American Elements can prepare dissolved homogenous solutions at customer specified concentrations or to the maximum stoichiometric concentration. Packaging is available in 55 gallon drums, smaller units and larger liquid totes. American Elements maintains solution production facilities in the United States, Northern Europe (Liverpool, UK), Southern Europe (Milan, Italy), Australia and China to allow for lower freight costs and quicker delivery to our customers. American Elements metal and rare earth compound solutions have numerous applications, but are commonly used in petrochemical cracking and automotive catalysts, water treatment, plating, textiles, research and in optic, laser, crystal and glass applications. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. We also produce Barium Sulfate Powder.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar cells and fuel cells. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Barium (atomic symbol: Ba, atomic number: 56) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 137.27. The number of electrons in each of barium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe] 6s2. Barium is a member of the alkaline-earth metals. The barium atom has a radius of 222 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 268 pm. Barium was discovered by Carl Wilhelm Scheele in 1772 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, barium is a soft, silvery-gray metal. Industrial applications for barium include acting as a "getterer," or unwanted gas remover, for vacuum tubes, and as an additive to steel and cast iron. Barium is also alloyed with silicon and aluminum as load-bearing alloys. The main commercial source of barium is the mineral barite (BaSO4); it does not occur naturally as a free element . The name barium is derived from the Greek word "barys," meaning heavy. For more information on barium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of barium products, visit the Barium element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BARIUM SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|Baryte, Sulfuric acid, barium salt (1:1), barium(+2) cation sulfate, Barium salt of sulfuric acid, Actybaryte, Colonatrast, Sulfuric acid, barium salt (1:1), Barosperse, Esophotrast|
|CUSTOMERS FOR BARIUM SULFATE SOLUTION HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Barium Sputtering Target||Barium Wire||Barium Powder||Copper Barium Alloy Particles||Barium Aluminum Alloy|
|Barium Metal||Barium Pellets||Barium Oxide||Barium Foil||Barium Pellets|
|Barium Bars||Barium Acetylacetonate||Barium Acetate||Barium Chloride||Barium Oxide Pellets|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Barium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Barium
- Arsenic, barium, strontium and uranium geochemistry and their utility as tracers to characterize groundwaters from the Espadán-Calderona Triassic Domain, Spain. Giménez-Forcada E, Vega-Alegre M. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Apr 15
- High-dose barium impaction therapy for the recurrence of colonic diverticular bleeding: a randomized controlled trial. Nagata N, Niikura R, Shimbo T, Ishizuka N, Yamano K, Mizuguchi K, Akiyama J, Yanase M, Mizokami M, Uemura N. Ann Surg. 2015 Feb
- Influence of barium substitution on bioactivity, thermal and physico-mechanical properties of bioactive glass. Arepalli SK, Tripathi H, Vyas VK, Jain S, Suman SK, Pyare R, Singh SP. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 Apr
- Size-dependent ecotoxicity of barium titanate particles: the case of Chlorella vulgaris green algae. Polonini HC, Brandão HM, Raposo NR, Brandão MA, Mouton L, Couté A, Yéprémian C, Sivry Y, Brayner R. Ecotoxicology. 2015 Mar 13.
- Barium titanate nanoparticles and hypergravity stimulation improve differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells into osteoblasts. Rocca A, Marino A, Rocca V, Moscato S, de Vito G, Piazza V, Mazzolai B, Mattoli V, Ngo-Anh TJ, Ciofani G. Int J Nanomedicine. 2015 Jan 8
- Functionalized synchrotron in-line phase-contrast computed tomography: a novel approach for simultaneous quantification of structural alterations and localization of barium-labelled alveolar macrophages within mouse lung samples. Dullin C, dal Monego S, Larsson E, Mohammadi S, Krenkel M, Garrovo C, Biffi S, Lorenzon A, Markus A, Napp J, Salditt T, Accardo A, Alves F, Tromba G. J Synchrotron Radiat. 2015 Jan
- Proper management for morbid iatrogenic retroperitoneal barium insufflation. Vahedian-Ardakani J, Nazerani S, Saraee A, Sarmast A, Saraee E, Keramati MR. Ann Coloproctol. 2014 Dec
- Anteroposterior radiograph of a barium examination of the oesophagus. Zheng MH, Pan KH. BMJ. 2015 Mar 5
- Crystal growth, morphology, spectrographic characterization and thermal properties of Glycine Barium Bromo Chloride crystals. Arularasan P, Thayanithi V, Mohan R. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 19
- A Rare Complication of a Barium-Contrast Study. Shaughnessy GF, Cho P, Francis DL. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2015 Jan 7.
- Strain-induced extrinsic high-temperature ferromagnetism in the Fe-doped hexagonal barium titanate. Zorko A, Pregelj M, Gomilšek M, Jagli?i? Z, Paji? D, Telling M, Ar?on I, Mikulska I, Valant M. Sci Rep. 2015 Jan 9
- Barium stool ball retained by obstipation with overflow incontinence. Brown SA, McDonald F. Minn Med. 2014 Oct
- A comparison between gastroesophagheal ultrasonography vs. barium swallow in determining the pattern of gastroesophageal reflux in a pediatric population. Khatami A, Allameh MM, Shahnazi M, Kiumarsi A, Tajik A. Med Ultrason. 2015 Mar
- Ultrasound assisted biodiesel production from sesame (Sesamum indicum L.) oil using barium hydroxide as a heterogeneous catalyst: Comparative assessment of prediction abilities between response surface methodology (RSM) and artificial neural network (ANN). Sarve A, Sonawane SS, Varma MN. Ultrason Sonochem. 2015 Jan 20.
- Composite nanoplatelets combining soft-magnetic iron oxide with hard-magnetic barium hexaferrite. Primc D, Makovec D. Nanoscale. 2015 Jan 28
- Anteroposterior radiograph of a barium examination of the stomach. Zheng MH, Pan KH. BMJ. 2015 Mar 9
- Identification of the man-made barium copper silicate pigments among some ancient Chinese artifacts through spectroscopic analysis. Li QH, Yang JC, Li L, Dong JQ, Zhao HX, Liu S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Mar 5
- Enhanced photoreversible color switching of redox dyes catalyzed by barium-doped TiO2 nanocrystals. Wang W, Ye Y, Feng J, Chi M, Guo J, Yin Y. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Jan 19
- Retained barium in the appendix or right ureteric colic? A case report of surgeons dilemma. Sinha MK, Sinha RK, Gaurav K. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2015
- Theoretical study on the ground state of the polar alkali-metal-barium molecules: potential energy curve and permanent dipole moment. Gou D, Kuang X, Gao Y, Huo D. J Chem Phys. 2015 Jan 21
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Antioxidant activity of high sulfate content derivative of ulvan in hyperlipidemic rats. Qi H, Sun Y. Int J Biol Macromol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Acidosis Increases MHC Class II-Restricted Presentation of a Protein Endowed with a pH-Dependent Heparan Sulfate-Binding Ability. Knittel D, Savatier A, Upert G, Lortat-Jacob H, Léonetti M. J Immunol. 2015 Mar 9.
- Pseudoendogenous presence of β-boldenone sulfate and glucuronide in untreated young bulls from the food chain. Chiesa L, Pasquale E, Panseri S, Cannizzo FT, Biolatti B, Pavlovic R, Arioli F. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hyaluronic acid-chondroitin sulfate: a potential factor to select pure stress urinary incontinence in patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome and mixed incontinence symptoms. Morelli M, Mocciaro R, Venturella R, Albano A, Sacchinelli A, Zullo F. Minerva Ginecol. 2015 Apr
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10
- Discrepancies in Composition and Biological Effects of Different Formulations of Chondroitin Sulfate. Martel-Pelletier J, Farran A, Montell E, Vergés J, Pelletier JP. Molecules. 2015 Mar 6
- Amino acid sequence surrounding the chondroitin sulfate attachment site of thrombomodulin regulates chondroitin polymerization. Izumikawa T, Kitagawa H. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 12.
- High-Quality Draft Genome Sequence of Desulfovibrio carbinoliphilus FW-101-2B, an Organic Acid-Oxidizing Sulfate-Reducing Bacterium Isolated from Uranium(VI)-Contaminated Groundwater. Ramsay BD, Hwang C, Woo HL, Carroll SL, Lucas S, Han J, Lapidus AL, Cheng JF, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Peters L, Chertkov O, Held B, Detter JC, Han CS, Tapia R, Land ML, Hauser LJ, Kyrpides NC, Ivanova NN, Mikhailova N, Pagani I, Woyke T, Arkin AP, Dehal P, Chivian D, Criddle CS, Wu W, Chakraborty R, Hazen TC, Fields MW. Genome Announc. 2015 Mar 12
- Heparan sulfate 6-o-sulfotransferase 3 is involved in bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cell osteogenic differentiation. Zhao S, Deng C, Wang Z, Teng L, Chen J. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- The role of terahertz polariton absorption in the characterization of crystalline iron sulfate hydrates. Ruggiero MT, Bardon T, Strli M, Taday PF, Korter TM. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Heparan sulfate-dependent enhancement of henipavirus infection. Mathieu C, Dhondt KP, Châlons M, Mély S, Raoul H, Negre D, Cosset FL, Gerlier D, Vivès RR, Horvat B. MBio. 2015 Mar 10
- Synthesis of a chondroitin sulfate disaccharide library and a GAG-binding protein interaction analysis. Wakao M, Obata R, Miyachi K, Kaitsubata Y, Kondo T, Sakami C, Suda Y. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015 Feb 27.
- Stratification of Chondroitin Sulfate Binding Sites in 3D-Model of Bovine Testicular Hyaluronidase and Effective Size of Glycosaminoglycan Coat of the Modified Protein. Maksimenko AV, Turashev AD, Beabealashvili RS. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- Chondroitin sulfate-E mediates estrogen-induced osteoanabolism. Koike T, Mikami T, Shida M, Habuchi O, Kitagawa H. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 11
- Influence of COD/sulfate ratios on the integrated reactor system for simultaneous removal of carbon, sulfur and nitrogen. Yuan Y, Chen C, Zhao Y, Wang A, Sun D, Huang C, Liang B, Tan W, Xu X, Zhou X, Lee DJ, Ren N. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Polyphenol-rich sorghum brans alter colon microbiota and impact species diversity and species richness after multiple bouts of dextran sodium sulfate-induced colitis. Ritchie LE, Sturino JM, Carroll RJ, Rooney LW, Azcarate-Peril MA, Turner ND. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Jan 14.
- Anaerobic naphthalene degradation by sulfate-reducing Desulfobacteraceae from various anoxic aquifers. Kümmel S, Herbst FA, Bahr A, Duarte M, Pieper DH, Jehmlich N, Seifert J, von Bergen M, Bombach P, Richnow HH, Vogt C. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Mar
- Interaction of the amyloid precursor protein-like protein 1 (APLP1) E2 domain with heparan sulfate involves two distinct binding modes. Dahms SO, Mayer MC, Roeser D, Multhaup G, Than ME. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2015 Mar 1
- A combination of keratan sulfate digestion and rehabilitation promotes anatomical plasticity after rat spinal cord injury. Ishikawa Y, Imagama S, Ohgomori T, Ishiguro N, Kadomatsu K. Neurosci Lett. 2015 Mar 11.
- Influence of salt type and ionic strength on self-assembly of dextran sulfate-ciprofloxacin nanoplexes. Kutscher M, Cheow WS, Werner V, Lorenz U, Ohlsen K, Meinel L, Hadinoto K, Germershaus O. Int J Pharm. 2015 Mar 12.