Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex
(CH3)2S • BBr3
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|(CH3)2S • BBr3||29957-59-3||24854866||4181510||MFCD00043296||N/A|| tribromo
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2H6BBr3S||312.66||Yellow, red, orange, or brown liquid||106-108 °C
|N/A||1.456 g/mL||311.781293||309.783325 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Boron (atomic symbol: B, atomic number: 5) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 10.81. The number of electrons in each of boron's shells is 2, 3 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p1. The boron atom has a radius of 90 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Boron was discovered by Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac and Louis Jacques Thénard in 1808. It was first isolated by Humphry Davy, also in 1808. Boron is classified as a metalloid is not found naturally on earth. Along with carbon and nitrogen, boron is one of the few elements in the periodic table known to form stable compounds featuring triple bonds. Boron has an energy band gap of 1.50 to 1.56 eV, which is higher than that of either silicon or germanium. Boron is found in borates, borax, boric acid, colemanite, kernite, and ulexite.The name Boron originates from a combination of carbon and the Arabic word buraqu meaning borax. For more information on boron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of boron products, visit the Boron element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3265 8/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BORON TRIBROMIDE DIMETHYL SULFIDE COMPLEX SYNONYMS|
|Dimethyl sulfide-tribromoborane; Tribromoborane-methyl sulfide; Tribromo[(methylsulfanyl)methane]boron; Boron tribromide dimethyl sulfide complex solution; tribromo(sulfide)boron; Boron tribromide dimethyl sulfide complex; Dimethyl sulfide-tribromoborane; Tribromoborane-methyl sulfide; tribromo-dimethylsulfonioboron|
CUSTOMERS FOR BORON TRIBROMIDE DIMETHYL SULFIDE COMPLEX HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Boron Pellets||Boron Rod||Boron Bars||Aluminum Boron Alloy||Boron Oxide Nanopowder|
|Boron Chloride||Boron Metal||Boron Oxide||Boron Oxide Pellets||Boron Phosphate|
|Boron Powder||Boron Foil||Boron Sputtering Target||Nickel Silicon Boron Alloy||Boron NanoPowder|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Boron|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Boron
- Synthesis and Charge-Transfer Dynamics in a Ferrocene-Containing Organoboryl aza-BODIPY Donor-Acceptor Triad with Boron as the Hub. Maligaspe E, Pundsack TJ, Albert LM, Zatsikha YV, Solntsev PV, Blank DA, Nemykin VN. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 30. : Inorg Chem
- In situ synthesis of a large area boron nitride/graphene monolayer/boron nitride film by chemical vapor deposition. Wu Q, Jang SK, Park S, Jung SJ, Suh H, Lee YH, Lee S, Song YJ. Nanoscale. 2015 Apr 13. : Nanoscale
- In vivo biocompatibility of boron nitride nanotubes: Effects on stem cell biology and tissue regeneration in planarians. Salvetti A, Rossi L, Iacopetti P, Li X, Nitti S, Pellegrino T, Mattoli V, Golberg D, Ciofani G. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2015 Apr 2: Nanomedicine (Lond)
- Temperature-triggered chemical switching growth of in-plane and vertically stacked graphene-boron nitride heterostructures. Gao T, Song X, Du H, Nie Y, Chen Y, Ji Q, Sun J, Yang Y, Zhang Y, Liu Z. Nat Commun. 2015 Apr 14: Nat Commun
- A metallic superhard boron carbide: first-principles calculations. Ma M, Yang B, Li Z, Hu M, Wang Q, Cui L, Yu D, He J. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 16.
- Silane-catalysed fast growth of large single-crystalline graphene on hexagonal boron nitride. Tang S, Wang H, Wang HS, Sun Q, Zhang X, Cong C, Xie H, Liu X, Zhou X, Huang F, Chen X, Yu T, Ding F, Xie X, Jiang M. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 11
- Boron nitride nanotube-enhanced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Li X, Wang X, Jiang X, Yamaguchi M, Ito A, Bando Y, Golberg D. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Mar 12.
- Direct growth of large-area graphene and boron nitride heterostructures by a co-segregation method. Zhang C, Zhao S, Jin C, Koh AL, Zhou Y, Xu W, Li Q, Xiong Q, Peng H, Liu Z. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 4
- Pressure-induced zigzag phosphorus chain and superconductivity in boron monophosphide. Zhang X, Qin J, Liu H, Zhang S, Ma M, Luo W, Liu R, Ahuja R. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 4
- Inelastic electron irradiation damage in hexagonal boron nitride. Cretu O, Lin YC, Suenaga K. Micron. 2015 Feb 19
Recent Research & Development for Sulfides
- Enhanced field emission from in situ synthesized 2D copper sulfide nanoflakes at low temperature by using a novel controllable solvothermal preferred edge growth route. Song Z, Lei H, Li B, Wang H, Wen J, Li S, Fang G. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Apr 14. : Phys Chem Chem Phys
- [Influence of hydrogen sulfide on the intestinal biological barrier of rats with severe burn injury]. Li Y, Wang H, Wu X, Wang L. Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi. 2015 Feb: Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi
- Deciphering the Pathogenesis of NSAID-Enteropathy Using Proton Pump Inhibitors and a Hydrogen Sulfide-Releasing NSAID. Blackler RW, De Palma G, Manko A, Da Silva GJ, Flannigan KL, Bercik P, Surette MG, Buret AG, Wallace JL. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015 Apr 16: Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol
- A comparison between determination of trace amounts of sulfide in the presence and absence of micelle particles in natural waters (Qazvin, Iran): a kinetic spectrophotometric approach. Alizadeh N, Mahjoub M. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 May: Environ Monit Assess
- Involvement of Reactive Persulfides in Biological Bismethylmercury Sulfide Formation. Abiko Y, Yoshida E, Ishii I, Fukuto JM, Akaike T, Kumagai Y. Chem Res Toxicol. 2015 Apr 15. : Chem Res Toxicol
- Preparation of efficient cadmium sulfide nanofibers for hydrogen production using ethylenediamine (NH2CH2CH2NH2) as template. HernÃ¡ndez-Gordillo A, Oros-Ruiz S, GÃ³mez R. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Apr 3: J Colloid Interface Sci
- [Investigation of stages of chemical leaching and biooxidation during the extraction of gold from sulfide concentrates]. [No authors listed]. Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol. 2015 Jan-Feb: Prikl Biokhim Mikrobiol
- Facile assembly of oppositely charged silver sulfide nanoparticles into photoluminescent mesoporous nanospheres. Tan L, Liu S, Yang Q, Shen YM. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 15.
- Cadmium sulfide quantum dots induce oxydative-stress and behavioural impairments in the marine clam Scrobicularia plana. Buffet PE, Zalouk-Vergnoux A, Poirier L, Lopes C, Risso-de Faverney C, Guibbolini M, Gilliland D, Perrein-Ettajani H, Valsami-Jones E, Mouneyrac C. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hexametaphosphate-Capped Silica Mesoporous Nanoparticles Containing CuII Complexes for the Selective and Sensitive Optical Detection of Hydrogen Sulfide in Water. El Sayed S, Milani M, Licchelli M, MartÃnez-MÃ¡Ã±ez R, SancenÃ³n F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.