Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex
(CH3)2S • BBr3
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex||B-OM-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|(CH3)2S • BBr3||29957-59-3||24854866||4181510||MFCD00043296||N/A|| tribromo
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2H6BBr3S||312.66||Yellow, red, orange, or brown liquid||106-108 °C
|N/A||1.456 g/mL||311.781293||309.783325 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Boron Tribromide Dimethyl Sulfide Complex is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Boron (atomic symbol: B, atomic number: 5) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 10.81. The number of electrons in each of boron's shells is 2, 3 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p1. The boron atom has a radius of 90 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Boron was discovered by Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac and Louis Jacques Thénard in 1808. It was first isolated by Humphry Davy, also in 1808. Boron is classified as a metalloid is not found naturally on earth. Along with carbon and nitrogen, boron is one of the few elements in the periodic table known to form stable compounds featuring triple bonds. Boron has an energy band gap of 1.50 to 1.56 eV, which is higher than that of either silicon or germanium. Boron is found in borates, borax, boric acid, colemanite, kernite, and ulexite.The name Boron originates from a combination of carbon and the Arabic word buraqu meaning borax. For more information on boron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of boron products, visit the Boron element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3265 8/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BORON TRIBROMIDE DIMETHYL SULFIDE COMPLEX SYNONYMS|
|Dimethyl sulfide-tribromoborane; Tribromoborane-methyl sulfide; Tribromo[(methylsulfanyl)methane]boron; Boron tribromide dimethyl sulfide complex solution; tribromo(sulfide)boron; Boron tribromide dimethyl sulfide complex; Dimethyl sulfide-tribromoborane; Tribromoborane-methyl sulfide; tribromo-dimethylsulfonioboron|
CUSTOMERS FOR BORON TRIBROMIDE DIMETHYL SULFIDE COMPLEX HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Boron Pellets||Boron Rod||Boron Bars||Aluminum Boron Alloy||Boron Oxide Nanopowder|
|Boron Chloride||Boron Metal||Boron Oxide||Boron Oxide Pellets||Boron Phosphate|
|Boron Powder||Boron Foil||Boron Sputtering Target||Nickel Silicon Boron Alloy||Boron NanoPowder|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Boron|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Boron
- Separation of boron from borated paraffin wax by pyrohydrolysis and alkali extraction methods and its determination using ion chromatography. Raut VV, Jeyakumar S, Shah DJ, Thakur UK, Tomar BS, Ramakumar KL. Anal Sci. 2015
- Suppressing Bacterial Interaction with Copper Surfaces through Graphene and Hexagonal-Boron Nitride Coatings. Parra C, Montero-Silva F, Henriquez R, Flores M, Garin C, Ramirez C, Moreno M, Correa J, Seeger M, Häberle P. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- A metallic superhard boron carbide: first-principles calculations. Ma M, Yang B, Li Z, Hu M, Wang Q, Cui L, Yu D, He J. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 16.
- Short and long term release mechanisms of arsenic, selenium and boron from a tunnel-excavated sedimentary rock under in situ conditions. Tamoto S, Tabelin CB, Igarashi T, Ito M, Hiroyoshi N. J Contam Hydrol. 2015 Jan 29
- Silane-catalysed fast growth of large single-crystalline graphene on hexagonal boron nitride. Tang S, Wang H, Wang HS, Sun Q, Zhang X, Cong C, Xie H, Liu X, Zhou X, Huang F, Chen X, Yu T, Ding F, Xie X, Jiang M. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 11
- Feedback-amplified electrochemical dual-plate boron-doped diamond micro-trench detector for flow injection analysis. Lewis GE, Gross AJ, Kasprzyk-Hordern B, Lubben AT, Marken F. Electrophoresis. 2015 Mar 3.
- Effects of Dietary Cadmium and Boron Supplementation on Performance, Eggshell Quality and Mineral Concentrations of Bone in Laying Hens. Olgun O, Bahtiyarca Y. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 8.
- miRNAome analysis associated with anatomic and transcriptomic investigations reveal the polar exhibition of corky split vein in boron deficient Citrus sinensis. Yang C, Liu T, Bai F, Wang N, Pan Z, Yan X, Peng S. Mol Genet Genomics. 2015 Mar 10.
- New functionalized mercaptoundecahydrododecaborate derivatives for potential application in boron neutron capture therapy: Synthesis, characterization and dynamic visualization in cells. Genady AR, Ioppolo JA, Azaam MM, El-Zaria ME. Eur J Med Chem. 2015 Mar 26
- Boron nitride nanotube-enhanced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Li X, Wang X, Jiang X, Yamaguchi M, Ito A, Bando Y, Golberg D. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Mar 12.
- Direct growth of large-area graphene and boron nitride heterostructures by a co-segregation method. Zhang C, Zhao S, Jin C, Koh AL, Zhou Y, Xu W, Li Q, Xiong Q, Peng H, Liu Z. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 4
- Two-Level Spatial Modulation of Vibronic Conductance in Conjugated Oligophenylenes on Boron Nitride. Palma CA, Joshi S, Hoh T, Ecija D, Barth JV, Auwärter W. Nano Lett. 2015 Mar 10.
- Chemometric study on the electrochemical incineration of nitrilotriacetic acid using platinum and boron-doped diamond anode. Zhang C, He Z, Wu J, Fu D. Chemosphere. 2015 Mar 3
- Pressure-induced zigzag phosphorus chain and superconductivity in boron monophosphide. Zhang X, Qin J, Liu H, Zhang S, Ma M, Luo W, Liu R, Ahuja R. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 4
- Mechanisms on Boron-Induced Alleviation of Aluminum-Toxicity in Citrus grandis Seedlings at a Transcriptional Level Revealed by cDNA-AFLP Analysis. Zhou XX, Yang LT, Qi YP, Guo P, Chen LS. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 6
- The relationship between the boron dipyrromethene (BODIPY) structure and the effectiveness of homogeneous and heterogeneous solar hydrogen-generating systems as well as DSSCs. Luo GG, Lu H, Zhang XL, Dai JC, Wu JH, Wu JJ. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 16.
- Synthesis of the First Heteroaryl-Substituted Boryl Complexes: Strong Stabilizing Effects of Boron-Aryl Π-Conjugation. Braunschweig H, Dewhurst RD, Kramer T. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Inelastic electron irradiation damage in hexagonal boron nitride. Cretu O, Lin YC, Suenaga K. Micron. 2015 Feb 19
- Evaluating Thiophene Electron-Donor Layers for the Rapid Assessment of Boron Subphthalocyanines as Electron Acceptors in Organic Photovoltaics: Solution or Vacuum Deposition? Josey DS, Castrucci JS, Dang JD, Lessard BH, Bender TP. Chemphyschem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Structure and local chemical properties of boron-terminated tetravacancies in hexagonal boron nitride. Cretu O, Lin YC, Koshino M, Tizei LH, Liu Z, Suenaga K. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 20
Recent Research & Development for Sulfides
- Reduction of acid rock drainage using steel slag in cover systems over sulfide rock waste piles. de Almeida RP, Leite AD, Borghetti Soares A. Waste Manag Res. 2015 Mar 6.
- Cu(In,Ga)(S,Se)2 Thin Film Solar Cell with 10.7 % Conversion Efficiency Obtained by Selenization of the Na-doped Spray-Pyrolyzed Sulfide Precursor Film. Septina W, Kurihara M, Ikeda S, Nakajima Y, Hirano T, Kawasaki Y, Harada T, Matsumura M. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- Impact of reduced water consumption on sulfide and methane production in rising main sewers. Sun J, Hu S, Sharma KR, Bustamante H, Yuan Z. J Environ Manage. 2015 Mar 5
- Endogenous Prostaglandins and Afferent Sensory Nerves in Gastroprotective Effect of Hydrogen Sulfide against Stress-Induced Gastric Lesions. Magierowski M, Jasnos K, Kwiecien S, Drozdowicz D, Surmiak M, Strzalka M, Ptak-Belowska A, Wallace JL, Brzozowski T. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- Effects of Hydrogen Sulfide on Modulation of Theta-Gamma Coupling in Hippocampus in Vascular Dementia Rats. Xu X, Liu C, Li Z, Zhang T. Brain Topogr. 2015 Mar 14.
- Room-temperature phosphorescence determination of melamine in dairy products using l-cysteine-capped Mn-doped zinc sulfide (ZnS) quantum dots. Demirhan BE, Demirhan B, Kara HE. J Dairy Sci. 2015 Mar 11.
- Tadalafil Integrates Nitric Oxide-Hydrogen Sulfide Signaling to Inhibit High Glucose-Induced Matrix Protein Synthesis in Podocytes. Lee HJ, Feliers D, Mariappan M, Sataranatarajan K, Ghosh Choudhury G, Gorin Y, Kasinath BS. J Biol Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Role of hydrogen sulfide within the dorsal motor nucleus of the vagus in the control of gastric function in rats. Sun HZ, Yu KH, Ai HB. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2015 Mar 14.
- Hydrogen sulfide maintains mitochondrial DNA replication via demethylation of TFAM. Li S, Yang G. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2015 Mar 10.
- Facile assembly of oppositely charged silver sulfide nanoparticles into photoluminescent mesoporous nanospheres. Tan L, Liu S, Yang Q, Shen YM. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 15.
- Cinnamaldehyde promotes root branching by regulating endogenous hydrogen sulfide. Xue YF, Zhang M, Qi ZQ, Li YQ, Shi Z, Chen J. J Sci Food Agric. 2015 Mar 6.
- Severe hydrogen sulfide intoxication treated with therapeutic hypothermia: a case report. Wu SH, Chen KF, Chan YL. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Feb 20.
- BDNF-TrkB Pathway Mediates Neuroprotection of Hydrogen Sulfide against Formaldehyde-Induced Toxicity to PC12 Cells. Jiang JM, Zhou CF, Gao SL, Tian Y, Wang CY, Wang L, Gu HF, Tang XQ. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 6
- Hydrogen sulfide mitigates homocysteine-mediated pathological remodeling by inducing miR-133a in cardiomyocytes. Kesherwani V, Nandi SS, Sharawat SK, Shahshahan HR, Mishra PK. Mol Cell Biochem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hydrogen sulfide improves cardiomyocytes electrical remodeling post ischemia/reperfusion injury in rats. Sun YG, Wang XY, Chen X, Shen CX, Li YG. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015 Jan 1
- Matrix metalloproteinases in atherosclerosis: role of nitric oxide, hydrogen sulfide, homocysteine, and polymorphisms. Vacek TP, Rehman S, Neamtu D, Yu S, Givimani S, Tyagi SC. Vasc Health Risk Manag. 2015 Feb 27
- Cadmium sulfide quantum dots induce oxydative-stress and behavioural impairments in the marine clam Scrobicularia plana. Buffet PE, Zalouk-Vergnoux A, Poirier L, Lopes C, Risso-de Faverney C, Guibbolini M, Gilliland D, Perrein-Ettajani H, Valsami-Jones E, Mouneyrac C. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Study and modeling of the evolution of gas-liquid partitioning of hydrogen sulfide in model solutions simulating winemaking fermentations. Mouret JR, Sablayrolles JM, Farines V. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Denitrifying sulfide removal process on high-salinity wastewaters. Liu C, Zhao C, Wang A, Guo Y, Lee DJ. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015 Mar 17.
- Hexametaphosphate-Capped Silica Mesoporous Nanoparticles Containing CuII Complexes for the Selective and Sensitive Optical Detection of Hydrogen Sulfide in Water. El Sayed S, Milani M, Licchelli M, Martínez-Máñez R, Sancenón F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.