|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Beryllium Chloride||BE-CL-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Beryllium Chloride||BE-CL-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Beryllium Chloride||BE-CL-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Beryllium Chloride||BE-CL-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|BeCl2||79.92||White to Pale Yellow Crystalline Solid||399 °C, 672 K, 750 °F||482 °C, 755 K, 900 °F||1.899 g/cm3||78.9499||78.9499||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Beryllium Chloride is an excellent water soluble crystalline Beryllium source for uses compatible with chlorides. Chloride compounds can conduct electricity when fused or dissolved in water. Chloride materials can be decomposed by electrolysis to chlorine gas and the metal. They are formed through various chlorination processes whereby at least one chlorine anion (Cl-) is covalently bonded to the relevant metal or cation. Ultra high purity and proprietary formulations can be prepared. The chloride ion controls fluid equilibrium and pH levels in metabolic systems. They can form either inorganic or organic compounds. Beryllium Chloride is generally immediately available in most volumes.Ultra high purity, high purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Beryllium Chloride Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Beryllium (atomic symbol: Be, atomic number: 4) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 9.012182. The number of electrons in each of Beryllium's shells is [2, 2] and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2. The beryllium atom has a radius of 112 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 153 pm. Beryllium is a relatively rare element in the earth's crust; it can be found in minerals such as bertrandite, chrysoberyl, phenakite, and beryl, its most common source for commercial production. Beryllium was discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin in 1797 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler and Antoine Bussy in 1828. In its elemental form, beryllium has a gray metallic appearance. It is a soft metal that is both strong and brittle; its low density and high thermal conductivity make it useful for aerospace and military applications. It is also frequently used in X-ray equipment and particle physics. The origin of the name Beryllium comes from the Greek word "beryllos," meaning beryl. For more information on beryllium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of beryllium products, visit the Beryllium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 1566 6.1/PG 2
BERYLLIUM CHLORIDE SYNONYMS
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES/th>|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Beryllium
- MyD88 dependence of beryllium-induced dendritic cell trafficking and CD4+ T-cell priming. McKee AS, Mack DG, Crawford F, Fontenot AP. Mucosal Immunol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Determination of picomolar beryllium levels in seawater with inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry following silica-gel preconcentration. Tazoe H, Yamagata T, Obata H, Nagai H. Anal Chim Acta. 2014 Dec 10
- Area negative thermal expansion in a beryllium borate LiBeBO3 with edge sharing tetrahedra. Yao W, Jiang X, Huang R, Li W, Huang C, Lin Z, Li L, Chen C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Nov 14
- Genetic susceptibility to beryllium: a case-referent study of men and women of working age with sarcoidosis or other chronic lung disease. Cherry N, Beach J, Burstyn I, Parboosingh J, Schouchen J, Senthilselvan A, Svenson L, Tamminga J, Yiannakoulias N. Occup Environ Med. 2015 Jan
- Beryllium-Free Rb3Al3B3O10F with Reinforced Interlayer Bonding as a Deep-Ultraviolet Nonlinear Optical Crystal. Zhao S, Gong P, Luo S, Liu S, Li L, Asghar MA, Khan T, Hong M, Lin Z, Luo J. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Feb 18
- Migration of Beryllium via Multiple Exposure Pathways among Work Processes in Four Different Facilities. Armstrong JL, Day GA, Park JY, Stefaniak AB, Stanton ML, Deubner DC, Kent MS, Schuler CR, Virji MA. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2014
- Using beryllium bonds to change halogen bonds from traditional to chlorine-shared to ion-pair bonds. Alkorta I, Elguero J, Mó O, Yáñez M, Del Bene JE. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Jan 21
- Beryllium bis(diazaborolyl): old neighbors finally shake hands. Arnold T, Braunschweig H, Ewing WC, Kramer T, Mies J, Schuster JK. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Jan 14
- Beryllium fluoride exchange rate accelerated by Mg(2+) as discovered by (19)F NMR. Liu Y, Mao XA, Liu M, Jiang L. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Jan 8
- Predicting the sensitivity of the beryllium/scintillator layer neutron detector using Monte Carlo and experimental response functions. Styron JD, Cooper GW, Ruiz CL, Hahn KD, Chandler GA, Nelson AJ, Torres JA, McWatters BR, Carpenter K, Bonura MA. Rev Sci Instrum. 2014 Nov
- Computational evaluation of unsaturated carbonitriles as neutral receptor model for beryllium(II) recognition. Rosli AN, Ahmad MR, Alias Y, Zain SM, Lee VS, Woi PM. J Mol Model. 2014 Dec
- Adsorption behavior of beryllium(II) on copper-oxide nanoparticles dispersed in water: A model for (7)Be colloid formation in the cooling water for electromagnets at high-energy accelerator facilities. Bessho K, Kanaya N, Shimada S, Katsuta S, Monjushiro H. Anal Sci. 2014
- Beryllium and other metal-induced lung disease. Mayer A, Hamzeh N. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2015 Mar
- p38 Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase in beryllium-induced dendritic cell activation. Li L, Huang Z, Gillespie M, Mroz PM, Maier LA. Hum Immunol. 2014 Dec
- An official American Thoracic Society statement: diagnosis and management of beryllium sensitivity and chronic beryllium disease. Balmes JR, Abraham JL, Dweik RA, Fireman E, Fontenot AP, Maier LA, Muller-Quernheim J, Ostiguy G, Pepper LD, Saltini C, Schuler CR, Takaro TK, Wambach PF
- Beryllium Increases the CD14dimCD16+ Subset in the Lung of Chronic Beryllium Disease. Li L, Hamzeh N, Gillespie M, Elliott J, Wang J, Gottschall EB, Mroz PM, Maier LA. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 17
- Chronic Beryllium Disease: revealing the role of beryllium ion and small peptides binding to HLA-DP2. Petukh M, Wu B, Stefl S, Smith N, Hyde-Volpe D, Wang L, Alexov E. PLoS One. 2014 Nov 4
- Acidity enhancement of unsaturated bases of group 15 by association with borane and beryllium dihydride. Unexpected boron and beryllium Brønsted acids. Martín-Sómer A, Mó O, Yáñez M, Guillemin JC. Dalton Trans. 2015 Jan 21
- Theoretical study of the dimerization of aqueous beryllium cations. Jin X, Wu H, Wang H, Huang Z, Zhang H. J Mol Model. 2015 Jan
- Elemental composition in sealed plutonium-beryllium neutron sources. Xu N, Kuhn K, Gallimore D, Martinez A, Schappert M, Montoya D, Lujan E, Garduno K, Tandon L. Appl Radiat Isot. 2014 Oct 22
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- Structural, conformational and vibrational properties of 1,1,1-Trifluoro-N-(1,1,2,2,2-pentafluoroethyl) methanesulfinimidoyl chloride, CF3CF2NS(Cl)CF3. Robles NL, Chemes DM, Oberhammer H, Cutin EH. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 26
- Mechanism of chlorite degradation to chloride and dioxygen by the enzyme chlorite dismutase. Schaffner I, Hofbauer S, Krutzler M, Pirker KF, Furtmüller PG, Obinger C. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2015 Mar 4.
- "Off-on" aggregation-based fluorescent sensor for the detection of chloride in water. Watt MM, Engle JM, Fairley KC, Robitshek TE, Haley MM, Johnson DW. Org Biomol Chem. 2015 Mar 11.
- Low doses of mercuric chloride cause the main features of antinucleolar autoimmune process in female outbred CFW mice. Arefieva AS, Kamaeva AG, Krasilshchikova MS. Toxicol Ind Health. 2015 Mar 12.
- Electronic and Vibrational Spectra of Positive Polarons and Bipolarons in Regioregular Poly(3-hexylthiophene) Doped with Ferric Chloride. Yamamoto J, Furukawa Y. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Mar 13.
- The synthesis and characterization of a novel potassium chloride-fluoridated hydroxyapatite varnish for treating dentin hypersensitivity. Lochaiwatana Y, Poolthong S, Hirata I, Okazaki M, Swasdison S, Vongsavan N. Dent Mater J. 2015 Feb 3
- Properties of the Energy Bands, Judd-Ofelt Parameters and the Fluorescence of Neodymium Chloride (NdCl3) in Methanol, Iso-propanol and Butanol Solvents. Mitra S, Jana S. J Fluoresc. 2015 Mar 15.
- From benzalkonium chloride-preserved Latanoprost to Polyquad-preserved Travoprost: a 6-month study on ocular surface safety and tolerability. Rossi GC, Scudeller L, Rolle T, Pasinetti GM, Bianchi PE. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2015 Mar 10:1-5.
- NEXAFS and XPS studies of nitrosyl chloride. Schio L, Li C, Monti S, Salén P, Yatsyna V, Feifel R, Alagia M, Richter R, Falcinelli S, Stranges S, Zhaunerchyk V, Carravetta V. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 10.
- Misdiagnosis of Cystic Fibrosis Based on Transient Pancreatic Insufficiency and Elevated Sweat Chloride. Bagheri-Behrouzi A, Steiß JO, Zimmer KP, Nährlich L. Klin Padiatr. 2015 Mar
- Genotoxic potency of mercuric chloride in gill cells of marine gastropod Planaxis sulcatus using comet assay. Bhagat J, Ingole BS. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 12.
- Crystal growth, morphology, spectrographic characterization and thermal properties of Glycine Barium Bromo Chloride crystals. Arularasan P, Thayanithi V, Mohan R. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 19
- Chloride concentrations in human hepatic cytosol and mitochondria are a function of age. Jahn SC, Rowland-Faux L, Stacpoole PW, James MO. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 3.
- Mercuric chloride induced hepatotoxic and hematologic changes in rats: The protective effects of sodium selenite and vitamin E. Uzunhisarcikli M, Aslanturk A, Kalender S, Apaydin FG, Bas H. Toxicol Ind Health. 2015 Mar 10.
- Benzalkonium chloride intoxication caused by intravenous self-injection. Miyauchi M, Hayashida M, Yokota H. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Contribution of calcium-activated chloride channel to elevated pulmonary artery pressure in pulmonary arterial hypertension induced by high pulmonary blood flow. Wang K, Chen C, Ma J, Lao J, Pang Y. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2015 Jan 1
- Cation-chloride cotransporters: regulation, physiological significance, and role in pathogenesis of arterial hypertension. Orlov SN, Koltsova SV, Kapilevich LV, Dulin NO, Gusakova SV. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2014 Dec
- Aldosterone Modulates Thiazide-Sensitive Sodium Chloride Cotransporter (NCC) Abundance via DUSP6-Mediated ERK 1/2 Signaling Pathway. Feng X, Zhang Y, Shao N, Wang Y, Zhuang Z, Wu P, Lee MJ, Liu Y, Wang XH, Zhuang J, Delpire E, Gu D, Cai H. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2015 Mar 11:ajprenal.00543.2014.
- Evaluation of angiogenesis, epithelialisation and microcirculation after application of polyhexanide, chitosan and sodium chloride in rodents. Goertz O, Lauer H, Hirsch T, Daigeler A, Harati K, Stricker I, Lehnhardt M, von der Lohe L. Int Wound J. 2015 Mar 10.
- Regulatory/Auxiliary subunits of CLC chloride channel/transport proteins. Barrallo-Gimeno A, Gradogna A, Zanardi I, Pusch M, Estévez R. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 11.