|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Beryllium Nitride||BE-N-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Beryllium Nitride||BE-N-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Beryllium Nitride||BE-N-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Beryllium Nitride||BE-N-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Be3N2||55.0499||yellow or white powder||2200 °C|| 2240 °C
|2.71 g/cm3||N/A||N/A||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Beryllium Nitride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Beryllium (atomic symbol: Be, atomic number: 4) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 9.012182. The number of electrons in each of Beryllium's shells is [2, 2] and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2. The beryllium atom has a radius of 112 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 153 pm. Beryllium is a relatively rare element in the earth's crust; it can be found in minerals such as bertrandite, chrysoberyl, phenakite, and beryl, its most common source for commercial production. Beryllium was discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin in 1797 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler and Antoine Bussy in 1828. In its elemental form, beryllium has a gray metallic appearance. It is a soft metal that is both strong and brittle; its low density and high thermal conductivity make it useful for aerospace and military applications. It is also frequently used in X-ray equipment and particle physics. The origin of the name Beryllium comes from the Greek word "beryllos," meaning beryl. For more information on beryllium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of beryllium products, visit the Beryllium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN1566 6.1/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BERYLLIUM NITRID SYNONYMS|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Beryllium
- MyD88 dependence of beryllium-induced dendritic cell trafficking and CD4+ T-cell priming. McKee AS, Mack DG, Crawford F, Fontenot AP. Mucosal Immunol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Determination of picomolar beryllium levels in seawater with inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry following silica-gel preconcentration. Tazoe H, Yamagata T, Obata H, Nagai H. Anal Chim Acta. 2014 Dec 10
- Area negative thermal expansion in a beryllium borate LiBeBO3 with edge sharing tetrahedra. Yao W, Jiang X, Huang R, Li W, Huang C, Lin Z, Li L, Chen C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Nov 14
- Genetic susceptibility to beryllium: a case-referent study of men and women of working age with sarcoidosis or other chronic lung disease. Cherry N, Beach J, Burstyn I, Parboosingh J, Schouchen J, Senthilselvan A, Svenson L, Tamminga J, Yiannakoulias N. Occup Environ Med. 2015 Jan
- Beryllium-Free Rb3Al3B3O10F with Reinforced Interlayer Bonding as a Deep-Ultraviolet Nonlinear Optical Crystal. Zhao S, Gong P, Luo S, Liu S, Li L, Asghar MA, Khan T, Hong M, Lin Z, Luo J. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Feb 18
- Migration of Beryllium via Multiple Exposure Pathways among Work Processes in Four Different Facilities. Armstrong JL, Day GA, Park JY, Stefaniak AB, Stanton ML, Deubner DC, Kent MS, Schuler CR, Virji MA. J Occup Environ Hyg. 2014
- Using beryllium bonds to change halogen bonds from traditional to chlorine-shared to ion-pair bonds. Alkorta I, Elguero J, MÃ³ O, YÃ¡Ã±ez M, Del Bene JE. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Jan 21
- Beryllium bis(diazaborolyl): old neighbors finally shake hands. Arnold T, Braunschweig H, Ewing WC, Kramer T, Mies J, Schuster JK. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Jan 14
- Beryllium fluoride exchange rate accelerated by Mg(2+) as discovered by (19)F NMR. Liu Y, Mao XA, Liu M, Jiang L. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Jan 8
- Predicting the sensitivity of the beryllium/scintillator layer neutron detector using Monte Carlo and experimental response functions. Styron JD, Cooper GW, Ruiz CL, Hahn KD, Chandler GA, Nelson AJ, Torres JA, McWatters BR, Carpenter K, Bonura MA. Rev Sci Instrum. 2014 Nov
- Computational evaluation of unsaturated carbonitriles as neutral receptor model for beryllium(II) recognition. Rosli AN, Ahmad MR, Alias Y, Zain SM, Lee VS, Woi PM. J Mol Model. 2014 Dec
- Adsorption behavior of beryllium(II) on copper-oxide nanoparticles dispersed in water: A model for (7)Be colloid formation in the cooling water for electromagnets at high-energy accelerator facilities. Bessho K, Kanaya N, Shimada S, Katsuta S, Monjushiro H. Anal Sci. 2014
- Beryllium and other metal-induced lung disease. Mayer A, Hamzeh N. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2015 Mar
- p38 Mitogen-Activated Protein Kinase in beryllium-induced dendritic cell activation. Li L, Huang Z, Gillespie M, Mroz PM, Maier LA. Hum Immunol. 2014 Dec
- An official American Thoracic Society statement: diagnosis and management of beryllium sensitivity and chronic beryllium disease. Balmes JR, Abraham JL, Dweik RA, Fireman E, Fontenot AP, Maier LA, Muller-Quernheim J, Ostiguy G, Pepper LD, Saltini C, Schuler CR, Takaro TK, Wambach PF
- Beryllium Increases the CD14dimCD16+ Subset in the Lung of Chronic Beryllium Disease. Li L, Hamzeh N, Gillespie M, Elliott J, Wang J, Gottschall EB, Mroz PM, Maier LA. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 17
- Chronic Beryllium Disease: revealing the role of beryllium ion and small peptides binding to HLA-DP2. Petukh M, Wu B, Stefl S, Smith N, Hyde-Volpe D, Wang L, Alexov E. PLoS One. 2014 Nov 4
- Acidity enhancement of unsaturated bases of group 15 by association with borane and beryllium dihydride. Unexpected boron and beryllium BrÃ¸nsted acids. MartÃn-SÃ³mer A, MÃ³ O, YÃ¡Ã±ez M, Guillemin JC. Dalton Trans. 2015 Jan 21
- Theoretical study of the dimerization of aqueous beryllium cations. Jin X, Wu H, Wang H, Huang Z, Zhang H. J Mol Model. 2015 Jan
- Elemental composition in sealed plutonium-beryllium neutron sources. Xu N, Kuhn K, Gallimore D, Martinez A, Schappert M, Montoya D, Lujan E, Garduno K, Tandon L. Appl Radiat Isot. 2014 Oct 22
Recent Research & Development for Nitrides
- An Expanded Family of Dysprosium-Scandium Mixed-Metal Nitride Clusterfullerenes: The Role of Lanthanide Metal on the Carbon Cage Size Distribution. Wei T, Liu F, Wang S, Zhu X, Popov AA, Yang S. Chemistry. 2015 Feb 25.
- Reversible Modification of the Structural and Electronic Properties of a Boron Nitride Monolayer by CO Intercalation. Ng ML, Shavorskiy A, Rameshan C, Mikkelsen A, Lundgren E, Preobrajenski A, Bluhm H. Chemphyschem. 2015 Feb 25.
- Boron nitride nanotube-enhanced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Li X, Wang X, Jiang X, Yamaguchi M, Ito A, Bando Y, Golberg D. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Mar 12.
- Highly ductile UV-shielding polymer composites with boron nitride nanospheres as fillers. Fu Y, Huang Y, Meng W, Wang Z, Bando Y, Golberg D, Tang C, Zhi C. Nanotechnology. 2015 Mar 20
- Continuous wave-pumped wavelength conversion in low-loss silicon nitride waveguides. KrÃ¼ckel CJ, Torres-Company V, Andrekson PA, Spencer DT, Bauters JF, Heck MJ, Bowers JE. Opt Lett. 2015 Mar 15
- Suppressing Bacterial Interaction with Copper Surfaces through Graphene and Hexagonal-Boron Nitride Coatings. Parra C, Montero-Silva F, Henriquez R, Flores M, Garin C, Ramirez C, Moreno M, Correa J, Seeger M, HÃ¤berle P. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- Multifunctional Cyanate Ester Nanocomposites Reinforced by Hexagonal Boron Nitride after Noncovalent Biomimetic Functionalization. Wu H, Kessler MR. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 5.
- Effects of hexagonal boron nitride on dry compression mixture of Avicel DG and Starch 1500. U?urlu T, HalaÃ§o?lu MD. Pharm Dev Technol. 2015 Feb 26:1-13.
- Metallic Nickel Nitride Nanosheets Realizing Enhanced Electrochemical Water Oxidation. Xu K, Chen P, Li X, Tong Y, Ding H, Wu X, Chu W, Peng Z, Wu C, Xie Y. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 11.
- Direct growth of large-area graphene and boron nitride heterostructures by a co-segregation method. Zhang C, Zhao S, Jin C, Koh AL, Zhou Y, Xu W, Li Q, Xiong Q, Peng H, Liu Z. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 4
- Silane-catalysed fast growth of large single-crystalline graphene on hexagonal boron nitride. Tang S, Wang H, Wang HS, Sun Q, Zhang X, Cong C, Xie H, Liu X, Zhou X, Huang F, Chen X, Yu T, Ding F, Xie X, Jiang M. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 11
- Space-Charge Limited Transport in Large-Area Monolayer Hexagonal Boron Nitride. Mahvash F, Paradis E, Drouin D, Szkopek T, Siaj M. Nano Lett. 2015 Mar 4.
- Two-Level Spatial Modulation of Vibronic Conductance in Conjugated Oligophenylenes on Boron Nitride. Palma CA, Joshi S, Hoh T, Ecija D, Barth JV, AuwÃ¤rter W. Nano Lett. 2015 Mar 10.
- Inelastic electron irradiation damage in hexagonal boron nitride. Cretu O, Lin YC, Suenaga K. Micron. 2015 Feb 19
- Oxidized Carbon Nitrides: Water-Dispersible, Atomically Thin Carbon Nitride-Based Nanodots and Their Performances as Bioimaging Probes. Oh J, Yoo RJ, Kim SY, Lee YJ, Kim DW, Park S. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 11.
- Facile Synthesis and Enhanced Visible-Light Photocatalysis of Graphitic Carbon Nitride Composite Semiconductors. Li H, Liu Y, Gao X, Fu C, Wang X. ChemSusChem. 2015 Feb 26.
- Efficient Emission Facilitated by Multiple Energy Level Transitions in Uniform Graphitic Carbon Nitride Films Deposited by Thermal Vapor Condensation. Bian J, Li J, Kalytchuk S, Wang Y, Li Q, Lau TC, Niehaus TA, Rogach AL, Zhang RQ. Chemphyschem. 2015 Feb 23.
- Structure and local chemical properties of boron-terminated tetravacancies in hexagonal boron nitride. Cretu O, Lin YC, Koshino M, Tizei LH, Liu Z, Suenaga K. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 20
- Boron nitride nanosheets as improved and reusable substrates for gold nanoparticles enabled surface enhanced Raman spectroscopy. Cai Q, Li LH, Yu Y, Liu Y, Huang S, Chen Y, Watanabe K, Taniguchi T. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11
- Controlled translocation of DNA through nanopores in carbon nano-, silicon-nitride- and lipid-coated membranes. Sischka A, Galla L, Meyer AJ, Spiering A, Knust S, Mayer M, Hall AR, Beyer A, Reimann P, GÃ¶lzhÃ¤user A, Anselmetti D. Analyst. 2015 Mar 13.