Bismuth Ferrite is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Bismuth (atomic symbol: Bi, atomic number: 83) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 6 element with an atomic radius of 208.98040(. The number of electrons in each of Bismuth's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f14 5d10 6s2 6p3. The bismuth atom has a radius of 156 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 207 pm. In its elemental form, bismuth is a silvery white brittle metal. Bismuth is the most diamagnetic of all metals and, with the exception of mercury, its thermal conductivity is lower than any other metal. Bismuth has a high electrical resistance, and has the highest Hall Effect of any metal (i.e., greatest increase in electrical resistance when placed in a magnetic field). Bismuth is found in bismuthinite and bismite It is also produced as a byproduct of lead, copper, tin, molybdenum and tungsten extraction. Bismuth was first discovered by Early Man. The name Bismuth originates from the German word 'wissmuth,' meaning white mass. For more information on bismuth, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of bismuth products, visit the Bismuth Information Center.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite , hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|BISMUTH FERRITE SYNONYMS|
|BFO, bismuth iron oxide|
CUSTOMERS FOR BISMUTH FERRITE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Bismuth|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Bismuth
- Bismuth subsalicylate tablet masquerading as vanishing button battery in the stomach. Khara HS, Diehl DL, Metwally MJ, Schwender BJ. Gastrointest Endosc. 2014
- Superconducting Double Perovskite Bismuth Oxide Prepared by a Low-Temperature Hydrothermal Reaction. Rubel MH, Miura A, Takei T, Kumada N, Mozahar Ali M, Nagao M, Watauchi S, Tanaka I, Oka K, Azuma M, Magome E, Moriyoshi C, Kuroiwa Y, Azharul Islam AK. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014
- Synthesis and structural studies of the simplest bismuth(iii) oxo-salicylate complex: [Bi(4)(Î¼(3)-O)(2)(HO-2-C(6)H(4)CO(2))(8)]Â·2Solv (Solv = MeCN or MeNO(2)). Boyd TD, Kumar I, Wagner EE, Whitmire KH. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Recrystallized Arrays of Bismuth Nanowires with Trigonal Orientation. Limmer SJ, Yelton WG, Erickson KJ, Medlin DL, Siegal MP. Nano Lett. 2014
- Graphite Felt Modified with Bismuth Nanoparticles as Negative Electrode in a Vanadium Redox Flow Battery. SuÃ¡rez DJ, GonzÃ¡lez Z, Blanco C, Granda M, MenÃ©ndez R, SantamarÃa R. ChemSusChem. 2014
- Ho(3+) -doped strontium-aluminium-bismuth-borate glasses for green light emission. Rajesh D, Dhamodhara Naidu M, Ratnakaram YC, Balakrishna A. Luminescence. 2014
- Growth mechanism and photocatalytic activity of self-organized N-doped (BiO)(2)CO(3) hierarchical nanosheet microspheres from bismuth citrate and urea. Dong F, Xiong T, Wang R, Sun Y, Jiang Y. Dalton Trans. 2014
- Main group bismuth(iii), gallium(iii) and diorganotin(iv) complexes derived from bis(2-acetylpyrazine)thiocarbonohydrazone: synthesis, crystal structures and biological evaluation. Zhang N, Tai Y, Li M, Ma P, Zhao J, Niu J. Dalton Trans. 2014
- Optimization of amorphous silicon double junction solar cells for an efficient photoelectrochemical water splitting device based on a bismuth vanadate photoanode. Han L, Abdi FF, Perez Rodriguez P, Dam B, van de Krol R, Zeman M, Smets AH. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014
- Mode-locked thulium bismuth codoped fiber laser using graphene saturable absorber in ring cavity: reply. Zen DI, Saidin N, Damanhuri SS, Harun SW, Ahmad H, Ismail MA, Dimyati K, Halder A, Paul MC, Das S, Pal M, Bhadra SK. Appl Opt. 2014
- Development of an electrochemically reduced graphene oxide modified disposable bismuth film electrode and its application for stripping analysis of heavy metals in milk. Ping J, Wang Y, Wu J, Ying Y. Food Chem. 2014 May.
- Mode-locked thulium-bismuth codoped fiber laser using graphene saturable absorber in ring cavity: comment. Jung M, Lee JH. Appl Opt. 2014
- Radiopacity and cytotoxicity of portland cement containing zirconia doped bismuth oxide radiopacifiers. Chen C, Hsieh SC, Teng NC, Kao CK, Lee SY, Lin CK, Yang JC. J Endod. 2014
- Optical studies of Sm(3+) ions doped Zinc Alumino Bismuth Borate glasses. Swapna K, Mahamuda S, Srinivasa Rao A, Shakya S, Sasikala T, Haranath D, Vijaya Prakash G. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Synthesis and photocatalytic properties of bismuth titanate with different structures via oxidant peroxo method (OPM). J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 create date:2013/11/26 | first author:Nogueira AE
- Effect of two different superstrate layers on bismuth titanate (BiT) array antennas. Wee FH, Malek F, Al-Amani AU, Ghani F. Sci Rep. 2014
- Sputtered bismuth screen-printed electrode: A promising alternative to other bismuth modifications in the voltammetric determination of Cd(II) and Pb(II) ions in groundwater. Sosa V, Serrano N, Ariño C, Díaz-Cruz JM, Esteban M. Talanta. 2014 Feb.
- Two new bismuth thiourea bromides: crystal structure, growth, and characterization. Li M, Li RK. Dalton Trans. 2014 Feb
- Borate-based ligands with two soft heterocycle/thione groups and their sodium and bismuth complexes. Dalton Trans. 2014 create date:2013/11/06 | first author:Imran M
- Bismuth sulphides prepared by thermal and hydrothermal decomposition of a single source precursor: the effect of reaction parameters on morphology, microstructure and catalytic activity. Siqueira GO, de Oliveira Porto A, Viana MM, da Silva HV, de Souza YG, da Silva HW, de Lima GM, Matencio T. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013.
Recent Research & Development for Ferrites
- Magnetic and ultrasonic studies on stable cobalt ferrite magnetic nanofluid. Nabeel Rashin M, Hemalatha J. Ultrasonics. 2014 Mar.
- High frequency AC response, DC resistivity and magnetic studies of holmium substituted Ni-ferrite: A novel electromagnetic material. E Pervaiz, IH Gul - Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, 2014 - Elsevier
- Thermo-magnetic properties of ternary polydispersed Mn 0.5 Zn 0.5 Fe 2 O 4 ferrite magnetic fluid - K Parekh - Solid State Communications, 2014
- Thermal Expansion of Alkaline-Doped Lanthanum Ferrite Near the Néel Temperature. GL Beausoleil, P Price, D Thomsen… - Journal of the…, 2014 - Wiley Online Library
- Effect of barium ferrite particle size on detachment efficiency in magnetophoretic harvesting of oleaginous Chlorella sp. Seo JY, Lee K, Lee SY, Jeon SG, Na JG, Oh YK, Park SB. Bioresour Technol. 2014 Jan.
- Dielectric properties of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles in ultrathin nanocomposite films. Alcantara GB, Paterno LG, Fonseca FJ, Pereira-da-Silva MA, Morais PC, Soler MA. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Dec.
- Smoke suppression properties of ferrite yellow on flame retardant thermoplastic polyurethane based on ammonium polyphosphate. Chen X, Jiang Y, Jiao C. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Dec.
- Generalized green synthesis and formation mechanism of sponge-like ferrite micro-polyhedra with tunable structure and composition. Tong G, Du F, Xiang L, Liu F, Mao L, Guan J. Nanoscale. 2013 Dec.
- Growth and crystallographic feature-dependent characterization of spinel zinc ferrite thin films by RF sputtering. Liang YC, Hsia HY. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013 Dec.
- Synthesis, microstructure, and magnetic properties of monosized MnxZnyFe3 - x - yO4 ferrite nanocrystals. Yoon H, Lee JS, Min JH, Wu J, Kim YK. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2013.
- Preparation of magnesium ferrite nanoparticles by ultrasonic wave-assisted aqueous solution ball milling. Chen D, Li DY, Zhang YZ, Kang ZT. Ultrason Sonochem. 2013 Nov
- Magnetic nanocomposite based on titania-silica/cobalt ferrite for photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue dye - FA Harraz, RM Mohamed, MM Rashad, YC Wang… - Ceramics, 2013 - Elsevier.
- Dye removal using modified copper ferrite nanoparticle and RSM analysis. Mahmoodi NM, Soltani-Gordefaramarzi S, Sadeghi-Kiakhani M. Environ Monit Assess. 2013 Dec.
- Nanocolumnar Interfaces and Enhanced Magnetic Coercivity in Preferentially oriented Cobalt Ferrite Thin Films Grown Using Oblique-Angle Pulsed Laser Deposition. Mukherjee D, Hordagoda M, Hyde R, Bingham N, Srikanth H, Witanachchi S, Mukherjee P. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 Aug 14
- Atom probe study of vanadium interphase precipitates and randomly distributed vanadium precipitates in ferrite. Nöhrer M, Zamberger S, Primig S, Leitner H. Micron. 2013 Nov-Dec.
- Efficient degradation of atrazine by magnetic porous copper ferrite catalyzed peroxymonosulfate oxidation via the formation of hydroxyl and sulfate radicals. Guan YH, Ma J, Ren YM, Liu YL, Xiao JY, Lin LQ, Zhang C. Water Res. 2013 Sep.
- Efficient degradation of atrazine by magnetic porous copper ferrite catalyzed peroxymonosulfate oxidation via the formation of hydroxyl and sulfate radicals. Guan YH, Ma J, Ren YM, Liu YL, Xiao JY, Lin LQ, Zhang C. Water Res. 2013 Jun.
- Magnetic nanocomposite based on titania-silica/cobalt ferrite for photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue dye FA Harraz, RM Mohamed, MM Rashad, YC Wang… - Ceramics …, 2013 - Elsevier Abstract Magnetic photocatalysts were successfully prepared by coating titania-silica (TiO 2-SiO 2) on cobalt ferrite (CoFe 2 O 4) nanoparticles.
- Dye removal using modified copper ferrite nanoparticle and RSM analysis. Mahmoodi NM, Soltani-Gordefaramarzi S, Sadeghi-Kiakhani M. Environ Monit Assess. 2013 Jul.
- Synthesis and neuro-cytocompatibility of magnetic Zn-ferrite nanorods via peptide-assisted process. Zou Y, Huang Z, Deng M, Yin G, Chen X, Liu J, Wang Y, Yan L, Gu J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013.