|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Bismuth Selenide Powder||BI-SE-05-P||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Bismuth Selenide Ingot||BI-SE-05-I||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Bismuth Selenide Chunk||BI-SE-05-CK||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Bismuth Selenide Lump||BI-SE-05-L||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Bismuth Selenide Sputtering Target||BI-SE-05-ST||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Bismuth Selenide Wafer||BI-SE-05-WSX||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Bi2Se3||654.84||Dull Grey||706 °C
|N/A||6.82 g/cm3||657.710331||657.710388 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Bismuth Selenide is a crystalline solid used as a semiconductor and in photo optic applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Bismuth (atomic symbol: Bi, atomic number: 83) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 6 element with an atomic radius of 208.98040. The number of electrons in each of Bismuth's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 18, 5 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f14 5d10 6s2 6p3. The bismuth atom has a radius of 156 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 207 pm. In its elemental form, bismuth is a silvery white brittle metal. Bismuth is the most diamagnetic of all metals and, with the exception of mercury, its thermal conductivity is lower than any other metal. Bismuth has a high electrical resistance, and has the highest Hall Effect of any metal (i.e., greatest increase in electrical resistance when placed in a magnetic field). Bismuth is found in bismuthinite and bismite It is also produced as a byproduct of lead, copper, tin, molybdenum and tungsten extraction. Bismuth was first discovered by Early Man. The name Bismuth originates from the German word 'wissmuth,' meaning white mass. For more information on bismuth, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of bismuth products, visit the Bismuth element page.
Selenium (atomic symbol: Se, atomic number: 34) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 4 element with an atomic radius of 78.96. The number of electrons in each of Selenium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p4. The selenium atom has a radius of 120 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 190 pm. Selenium is a non-metal with several allotropes: a black, vitreous form with an irregular crystal structure; three red-colored forms with monoclinic crystal structures; and a gray form with a hexagonal crystal structure, the most stable and dense form of the element. One of the mose common uses for selenium is in glass production; the red tint that it lends to glass neutralizes green or yellow tints from impurities in the glass materials. Selenium was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius and Johann Gottlieb Gahn in 1817. The origin of the name Selenium comes from the Greek word "Selênê," meaning moon. For more information on selenium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of selenium products, visit the Selenium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
|BISMUTH SELENIDE SYNONYMS|
|Bismuth(3+) selenide (2:3), guanajuatite, selenium; selenoxobismuth, Bismuth(III) selenide, selanylidenebismuth; selenium, dibismuth selenium(2-), Dibismuth triselenide, selenium; selenoxobismuth|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Bismuth
- Highly active magnetic bismuth tungstate/magnetite composite under visible light irradiation in the presence of hydrogen peroxide. Shan G, Fu Y, Chu X, Chang C, Zhu L. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Apr 15
- Trace level voltammetric determination of lead and cadmium in sediment pore water by a bismuth-oxychloride particle-multiwalled carbon nanotube composite modified glassy carbon electrode. Cerovac S, Guzsvány V, Kónya Z, Ashrafi AM, Švancara I, Ron?evi? S, Kukovecz Á, Dalmacija B, Vyt?as K. Talanta. 2015 Mar
- Electrospun bismuth ferrite nanofibers for potential applications in ferroelectric photovoltaic devices. Fei L, Hu Y, Li X, Song R, Sun L, Huang H, Gu H, Chan HL, Wang Y. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 18
- Evaluation of nitrogen-rich macrocyclic ligands for the chelation of therapeutic bismuth radioisotopes. Wilson JJ, Ferrier M, Radchenko V, Maassen JR, Engle JW, Batista ER, Martin RL, Nortier FM, Fassbender ME, John KD, Birnbaum ER. Nucl Med Biol. 2014 Dec 20.
- One-dimensional edge States with giant spin splitting in a bismuth thin film. Takayama A, Sato T, Souma S, Oguchi T, Takahashi T. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 13
- Bismuth labeling for the CT assessment of local administration of magnetic nanoparticles. Veintemillas-Verdaguer S, Luengo Y, Serna CJ, Andrés-Vergés M, Varela M, Calero M, Lazaro-Carrillo A, Villanueva A, Sisniega A, Montesinos P, Morales MP. Nanotechnology. 2015 Mar 27
- An in vitro study on the cytotoxicity of bismuth oxychloride nanosheets in human HaCaT keratinocytes. Gao X, Zhang X, Wang Y, Wang Y, Peng S, Fan C. Food Chem Toxicol. 2015 Mar 6.
- Laser-induced oxidation kinetics of bismuth surface microdroplets on GaAsBi studied in situ by Raman microprobe analysis. Steele JA, Lewis RA. Opt Express. 2014 Dec 29
- Bismuth oxyiodide nanosheets: a novel high-energy anode material for lithium-ion batteries. Chen C, Hu P, Hu X, Mei Y, Huang Y. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 18
- Efficacy of reduced-dose regimen of a capsule containing bismuth subcitrate, metronidazole, and tetracycline given with amoxicillin and esomeprazole in the treatment of Helicobacter Pylori infection. Harb AH, El Reda ZD, Sarkis FS, Chaar HF, Sharara AI. United European Gastroenterol J. 2015 Feb
- Glutathione and multidrug resistance protein transporter mediate a self-propelled disposal of bismuth in human cells. Hong Y, Lai YT, Chan GC, Sun H. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Mar 3.
- First-principles calculation of femtosecond symmetry-breaking atomic forces in photoexcited bismuth. Murray ÉD, Fahy S. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 6
- Mesoporousbismuth ferrite with amplified magnetoelectric coupling and electric field-induced ferrimagnetism. Quickel TE, Schelhas LT, Farrell RA, Petkov N, Le VH, Tolbert SH. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 10
- Cellular uptake and biocompatibility of bismuth ferrite harmonic advanced nanoparticles. Staedler D, Passemard S, Magouroux T, Rogov A, Maguire CM, Mohamed BM, Schwung S, Rytz D, Jüstel T, Hwu S, Mugnier Y, Le Dantec R, Volkov Y, Gerber-Lemaire S, Prina-Mello A, Bonacina L, Wolf JP. Nanomedicine. 2015 Jan 31.
- [Addition of bismuth subsalicylate to triple eradication therapy for Helicobacter pylori infection: efficiency and adverse events]. Hinostroza Morales D, Díaz Ferrer J. Rev Gastroenterol Peru. 2014 Oct-Dec
- Mechanism of Bismuth Telluride Exfoliation in an Ionic Liquid Solvent. Ludwig T, Guo L, McCrary PD, Zhang Z, Gordon H, Quan H, Stanton M, Frazier R, Rogers RD, Wang HT, Turner CH. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 11.
- A linear heterometallic bismuth-copper coordination polymer containing two types of organic ligands. Yue ZL, Feng YQ, Ng SW. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2015 Feb
- Thermal Decomposition of Bismuth Oxysulfide from Photoelectric Bi2O2S to Superconducting Bi4O4S3. Zhang X, Liu Y, Zhang G, Wang Y, Zhang H, Huang F. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 25
- Helicobacter pylori second-line rescue therapy with levofloxacin- and bismuth-containing quadruple therapy, after failure of standard triple or non-bismuth quadruple treatments. Gisbert JP, Romano M, Gravina AG, Solís-Muñoz P, Bermejo F, Molina-Infante J, Castro-Fernández M, Ortuño J, Lucendo AJ, Herranz M, Modolell I, Del Castillo F, Gómez J, Barrio J, Velayos B, Gómez B, Domínguez JL, Miranda A, Martorano M, Algaba A, Pabón M, Angueira T, Fernández-Salazar L, Federico A, Marín AC, McNicholl AG. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2015 Feb 23.
- Nano-textured Pillars of Electrosprayed Bismuth Vanadate for Efficient Photoelectrochemical Water Splitting. Yoon H, Mali MG, Choi JY, Kim MW, Choi SK, Park H, Al-Deyab SS, Swihart MT, Yarin AL, Yoon SS. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 9.
Recent Research & Development for Selenides
- Superior photoluminescence (PL) of Pr³+-In, compared to Pr³+-Ga, selenide-chalcogenide bulk glasses and PL of optically-clad fiber. Sakr H, Furniss D, Tang Z, Sojka L, Moneim NA, Barney E, Sujecki S, Benson TM, Seddon AB. Opt Express. 2014 Sep 8
- Revealing the preferred interlayer orientations and stackings of two-dimensional bilayer gallium selenide crystals. Li X, Basile L, Yoon M, Ma C, Puretzky AA, Lee J, Idrobo JC, Chi M, Rouleau CM, Geohegan DB, Xiao K. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Feb 23
- Phase diagram of (Li(1-x)Fe(x))OHFeSe: a bridge between iron selenide and arsenide superconductors. Dong X, Zhou H, Yang H, Yuan J, Jin K, Zhou F, Yuan D, Wei L, Li J, Wang X, Zhang G, Zhao Z. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Jan 14
- A hybrid linkage mode between T2,2 and T3 selenide clusters. Han X, Xu J, Wang Z, Liu D, Wang C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 17
- Redox control of GPx catalytic activity through mediating self-assembly of Fmoc-phenylalanine selenide into switchable supramolecular architectures. Huang Z, Luo Q, Guan S, Gao J, Wang Y, Zhang B, Wang L, Xu J, Dong Z, Liu J. Soft Matter. 2014 Dec 28
- Lifetime, mobility, and diffusion of photoexcited carriers in ligand-exchanged lead selenide nanocrystal films measured by time-resolved terahertz spectroscopy. Guglietta GW, Diroll BT, Gaulding EA, Fordham JL, Li S, Murray CB, Baxter JB. ACS Nano. 2015 Feb 24
- Simulations of silver-doped germanium-selenide glasses and their response to radiation. Prasai K, Drabold DA. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2014 Oct 29
- Soft Chemical Control of Superconductivity in Lithium Iron Selenide Hydroxides Li1-xFex(OH)Fe1-ySe. Sun H, Woodruff DN, Cassidy SJ, Allcroft GM, Sedlmaier SJ, Thompson AL, Bingham PA, Forder SD, Cartenet S, Mary N, Ramos S, Foronda FR, Williams BH, Li X, Blundell SJ, Clarke SJ. Inorg Chem. 2015 Feb 16
- Tailoring the exciton fine structure of cadmium selenide nanocrystals with shape anisotropy and magnetic field. Sinito C, Fernée MJ, Goupalov SV, Mulvaney P, Tamarat P, Lounis B. ACS Nano. 2014 Nov 25
- Efficient and ultrafast formation of long-lived charge-transfer exciton state in atomically thin cadmium selenide/cadmium telluride type-II heteronanosheets. Wu K, Li Q, Jia Y, McBride JR, Xie ZX, Lian T. ACS Nano. 2015 Jan 27
- Aqueous preparation of surfactant-free copper selenide nanowires. Chen X, Li Z, Yang J, Sun Q, Dou S. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Mar 15
- Transparent metal selenide alloy counter electrodes for high-efficiency bifacial dye-sensitized solar cells. Duan Y, Tang Q, Liu J, He B, Yu L. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014 Dec 22
- Disodium diselenide in colloidal nanocrystals: acting as an anion exchange precursor, a metal selenide precursor, and a chalcogenide ligand. Choi D, Lee S, Lee J, Cho KS, Kim SW. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Jan 18
- Mono and digallium selenide clusters as potential superhalogens. Seeburrun N, Archibong EF, Ramasami P. J Mol Model. 2015 Mar
- Cadmium telluride (CdTe) and cadmium selenide (CdSe) leaching behavior and surface chemistry in response to pH and O2. Zeng C, Ramos-Ruiz A, Field JA, Sierra-Alvarez R. J Environ Manage. 2015 Feb 21
- Laser-activated gold catalysts for liquid-phase growth of cadmium selenide nanowires. Huang C, Mao J, Chen XM, Yang J, Du XW. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 7
- Lead selenide quantum dot polymer nanocomposites. Waldron DL, Preske A, Zawodny JM, Krauss TD, Gupta MC. Nanotechnology. 2015 Feb 20
- Transparent nickel selenide alloy counter electrodes for bifacial dye-sensitized solar cells exceeding 10% efficiency. Duan Y, Tang Q, He B, Li R, Yu L. Nanoscale. 2014 Nov 7
- Thin-film copper indium gallium selenide solar cell based on low-temperature all-printing process. Singh M, Jiu J, Sugahara T, Suganuma K. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Sep 24
- An amphiphilic selenide catalyst behaves like a hybrid mimic of protein disulfide isomerase and glutathione peroxidase 7. Arai K, Moriai K, Ogawa A, Iwaoka M. Chem Asian J. 2014 Dec