(1.0 M in THF)
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C6H15B||97.99||Colorless liquid||−93 °C||95 °C||0.677 g/mL||98.126681||98.126681||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Triethylborane Solution is one of numerous organo-metallic compounds sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Organo-Metallics™ for uses requiring non-aqueous solubility such as recent solar energy and water treatment applications. Similar results can sometimes also be achieved with Nanoparticles (also see Nanotechnology and Quantum Dots) and by thin film deposition. Note American Elements additionally supplies many materials as solutions. Triethyl boron Complex is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Additional technical, research and safety information is available.
Boron (atomic symbol: B, atomic number: 5) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 10.81. The number of electrons in each of boron's shells is 2, 3 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p1. The boron atom has a radius of 90 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Boron was discovered by Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac and Louis Jacques Thénard in 1808. It was first isolated by Humphry Davy, also in 1808. Boron is classified as a metalloid is not found naturally on earth. Along with carbon and nitrogen, boron is one of the few elements in the periodic table known to form stable compounds featuring triple bonds.Boron has an energy band gap of 1.50 to 1.56 eV, which is higher than that of either silicon or germanium. Boron is found in borates, borax, boric acid, colemanite, kernite, and ulexite.The name Boron originates from a combination of carbon and the Arabic word buraqu meaning borax. For more information on boron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of boron products, visit the Boron Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3399 4.3/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|Borane-tetrahydrofuran; Triethyl Boron Complex|
CUSTOMERS FOR TRIETHYLBORANE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Boron|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Boron
- Electronic and magnetic properties of boron nitride nanoribbons with square-octagon (4?|?8) line defects. Han Y, Li R, Zhou J, Dong J, Kawazoe Y. Nanotechnology. 2014 Mar.
- Effect of substitutionally boron-doped single-walled semiconducting zigzag carbon nanotubes on ammonia adsorption. Vikramaditya T, Sumithra K. J Comput Chem. 2014.
- Boron removal by electrocoagulation and recovery. Isa MH, Ezechi EH, Ahmed Z, Magram SF, Kutty SR. Water Res. 2014.
- Lattice match and lattice mismatch models of graphene on hexagonal boron nitride from first principles. Zhao X, Li L, Zhao M. J Phys Condens Matter.
- Oxovanadium(v)-induced diastereoselective oxidative homocoupling of boron enolates. Amaya T, Masuda T, Maegawa Y, Hirao T. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Mar.
- Leaching of boron, arsenic and selenium from sedimentary rocks: II. pH dependence, speciation and mechanisms of release. Tabelin CB, Hashimoto A, Igarashi T, Yoneda T. Sci Total Environ. 2014 Mar.
- The acceleration of boron neutron capture therapy using multi-linked mercaptoundecahydrododecaborate (BSH) fused cell-penetrating peptide. Michiue H, Sakurai Y, Kondo N, Kitamatsu M, Bin F, Nakajima K, Hirota Y, Kawabata S, Nishiki T, Ohmori I, Tomizawa K, Miyatake S, Ono K, Matsui H. Biomaterials. 2014 Mar.
- Is Ca(2+) involved in the signal transduction pathway of boron deficiency? New hypotheses for sensing boron deprivation. González-Fontes A, Navarro-Gochicoa MT, Camacho-Cristóbal JJ, Herrera-Rodríguez MB, Quiles-Pando C, Rexach J. Plant Sci. 2014 Mar.
- Density of states of helically symmetric boron carbon nitride nanotubes. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 | first author:Carvalho AC
- Luminescence of solvate of boron difluoride dibenzoylmethanate with benzene: Aggregates formation. Fedorenko EV, Mirochnik AG, Lvov IB, Vovna VI. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Feb.
- Geographic determination of coffee beans using multi-element analysis and isotope ratios of boron and strontium. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/09/05 | first author:Liu HC
- Electrochemical oxidation and electroanalytical determination of xylitol at a boron-doped diamond electrode. Lourenço AS, Sanches FA, Magalhães RR, Costa DJ, Ribeiro WF, Bichinho KM, Salazar-Banda GR, Araújo MC. Talanta. 2014 Feb.
- A crossed molecular beam and ab initio investigation of the exclusive methyl loss pathway in the gas phase reaction of boron monoxide (BO; X(2)Î£(+)) with dimethylacetylene (CH3CCCH3; X(1)A1g). Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014 create date:2013/11/28 | first author:Kaiser RI
- Chlorin e6 fused with a cobalt-bis(dicarbollide) nanoparticle provides efficient boron delivery and photoinduced cytotoxicity in cancer cells. Photochem Photobiol Sci. 2014 create date:2013/11/22 | first author:Efremenko AV
- Asymmetric bandgaps and Landau levels in a Bernal-stacked hexagonal boron-nitride bilayer. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 create date:2013/11/28 | first author:Zhai X
- Nanomechanical cutting of boron nitride nanotubes by atomic force microscopy. Nanotechnology. 2013 create date:2013/11/29 | first author:Zheng M
- Selection of boron reagents for Suzuki-Miyaura coupling. Chem Soc Rev. 2014 | first author:Lennox AJ
- Heterogeneous versus Homogeneous Copper(II) Catalysis in Enantioselective Conjugate-Addition Reactions of Boron in Water. Chem Asian J. 2014 create date:2013/10/09 | first author:Kitanosono T
- Rational design of gold nanoparticles functionalized with carboranes for application in Boron Neutron Capture Therapy. Int J Pharm. 2013 create date:2013/10/22 | first author:Ciani L