(1.0 M in THF)
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Triethylborane Solution (in THF)||TEL-BHC-02-SOLTHF||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Triethylborane Solution (in THF)||TEL-BHC-03-SOLTHF||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Triethylborane Solution (in THF)||TEL-BHC-04-SOLTHF||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Triethylborane Solution (in THF)||TEL-BHC-05-SOLTHF||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C6H15B||97.99||Colorless liquid||−93 °C||95 °C||0.677 g/mL||98.126681||98.126681||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Triethylborane Solution is one of numerous organo-metallic compounds sold by American Elements under the tradename AE Organo-Metallics™ for uses requiring non-aqueous solubility such as recent solar energy and water treatment applications. Similar results can sometimes also be achieved with Nanoparticles and by thin film deposition. Note American Elements additionally supplies many materials as solutions. Triethyl boron Complex is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Additional technical, research and safety information is available.
Boron (atomic symbol: B, atomic number: 5) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 10.81. The number of electrons in each of boron's shells is 2, 3 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p1. The boron atom has a radius of 90 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Boron was discovered by Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac and Louis Jacques Thénard in 1808. It was first isolated by Humphry Davy, also in 1808. Boron is classified as a metalloid is not found naturally on earth. Along with carbon and nitrogen, boron is one of the few elements in the periodic table known to form stable compounds featuring triple bonds. Boron has an energy band gap of 1.50 to 1.56 eV, which is higher than that of either silicon or germanium. Boron is found in borates, borax, boric acid, colemanite, kernite, and ulexite.The name Boron originates from a combination of carbon and the Arabic word buraqu meaning borax. For more information on boron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of boron products, visit the Boron element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3399 4.3/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|Borane-tetrahydrofuran; Triethyl Boron Complex|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Boron
- Separation of boron from borated paraffin wax by pyrohydrolysis and alkali extraction methods and its determination using ion chromatography. Raut VV, Jeyakumar S, Shah DJ, Thakur UK, Tomar BS, Ramakumar KL. Anal Sci. 2015
- Suppressing Bacterial Interaction with Copper Surfaces through Graphene and Hexagonal-Boron Nitride Coatings. Parra C, Montero-Silva F, Henriquez R, Flores M, Garin C, Ramirez C, Moreno M, Correa J, Seeger M, Häberle P. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- A metallic superhard boron carbide: first-principles calculations. Ma M, Yang B, Li Z, Hu M, Wang Q, Cui L, Yu D, He J. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 16.
- Short and long term release mechanisms of arsenic, selenium and boron from a tunnel-excavated sedimentary rock under in situ conditions. Tamoto S, Tabelin CB, Igarashi T, Ito M, Hiroyoshi N. J Contam Hydrol. 2015 Jan 29
- Silane-catalysed fast growth of large single-crystalline graphene on hexagonal boron nitride. Tang S, Wang H, Wang HS, Sun Q, Zhang X, Cong C, Xie H, Liu X, Zhou X, Huang F, Chen X, Yu T, Ding F, Xie X, Jiang M. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 11
- Feedback-amplified electrochemical dual-plate boron-doped diamond micro-trench detector for flow injection analysis. Lewis GE, Gross AJ, Kasprzyk-Hordern B, Lubben AT, Marken F. Electrophoresis. 2015 Mar 3.
- Effects of Dietary Cadmium and Boron Supplementation on Performance, Eggshell Quality and Mineral Concentrations of Bone in Laying Hens. Olgun O, Bahtiyarca Y. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 8.
- miRNAome analysis associated with anatomic and transcriptomic investigations reveal the polar exhibition of corky split vein in boron deficient Citrus sinensis. Yang C, Liu T, Bai F, Wang N, Pan Z, Yan X, Peng S. Mol Genet Genomics. 2015 Mar 10.
- New functionalized mercaptoundecahydrododecaborate derivatives for potential application in boron neutron capture therapy: Synthesis, characterization and dynamic visualization in cells. Genady AR, Ioppolo JA, Azaam MM, El-Zaria ME. Eur J Med Chem. 2015 Mar 26
- Boron nitride nanotube-enhanced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells. Li X, Wang X, Jiang X, Yamaguchi M, Ito A, Bando Y, Golberg D. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Mar 12.
- Direct growth of large-area graphene and boron nitride heterostructures by a co-segregation method. Zhang C, Zhao S, Jin C, Koh AL, Zhou Y, Xu W, Li Q, Xiong Q, Peng H, Liu Z. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 4
- Two-Level Spatial Modulation of Vibronic Conductance in Conjugated Oligophenylenes on Boron Nitride. Palma CA, Joshi S, Hoh T, Ecija D, Barth JV, Auwärter W. Nano Lett. 2015 Mar 10.
- Chemometric study on the electrochemical incineration of nitrilotriacetic acid using platinum and boron-doped diamond anode. Zhang C, He Z, Wu J, Fu D. Chemosphere. 2015 Mar 3
- Pressure-induced zigzag phosphorus chain and superconductivity in boron monophosphide. Zhang X, Qin J, Liu H, Zhang S, Ma M, Luo W, Liu R, Ahuja R. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 4
- Mechanisms on Boron-Induced Alleviation of Aluminum-Toxicity in Citrus grandis Seedlings at a Transcriptional Level Revealed by cDNA-AFLP Analysis. Zhou XX, Yang LT, Qi YP, Guo P, Chen LS. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 6
- The relationship between the boron dipyrromethene (BODIPY) structure and the effectiveness of homogeneous and heterogeneous solar hydrogen-generating systems as well as DSSCs. Luo GG, Lu H, Zhang XL, Dai JC, Wu JH, Wu JJ. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 16.
- Synthesis of the First Heteroaryl-Substituted Boryl Complexes: Strong Stabilizing Effects of Boron-Aryl Π-Conjugation. Braunschweig H, Dewhurst RD, Kramer T. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Inelastic electron irradiation damage in hexagonal boron nitride. Cretu O, Lin YC, Suenaga K. Micron. 2015 Feb 19
- Evaluating Thiophene Electron-Donor Layers for the Rapid Assessment of Boron Subphthalocyanines as Electron Acceptors in Organic Photovoltaics: Solution or Vacuum Deposition? Josey DS, Castrucci JS, Dang JD, Lessard BH, Bender TP. Chemphyschem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Structure and local chemical properties of boron-terminated tetravacancies in hexagonal boron nitride. Cretu O, Lin YC, Koshino M, Tizei LH, Liu Z, Suenaga K. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 20