Calcium Aluminum Alloy
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Calcium Aluminum Alloy||CA-AL-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Calcium Aluminum Alloy||CA-AL-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Calcium Aluminum Alloy||CA-AL-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Calcium Aluminum Alloy||CA-AL-05||Request Quote|
Aluminum Alloy is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Calcium (atomic symbol: Ca, atomic number: 20) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 40.078. The number of electrons in each of Calcium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s2. The calcium atom has a radius of 197 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 231 pm. Calcium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. It is the fifth most abundant element in the earth's crust and can be found in minerals such as dolomite, gypsum, plagioclases, amphiboles, pyroxenes and garnets. In its elemental form, calcium has a dull gray-silver appearance. Calcium is a reactive, soft metal that is a member of the alkaline earth elements. It frequently serves as an alloying agent for other metals like aluminum and beryllium; industrial materials like cement and mortar are composed of calcium compounds like calcium carbonate. It is also an biologically essential substance found in teeth, bones, and shells. The name "calcium" originates from the Latin word "calics," meaning lime. For more information on calcium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of calcium products, visit the Calcium element page.
Aluminum, also known as Aluminium, (atomic symbol: Al, atomic number: 13) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 26.9815386. It is the third most abundant element in the earth's crust and the most abundant metallic element.Aluminum's name is derived from alumina, the mineral from which Sir Humphrey Davy attempted to refine it from in 1812. It wasn't until 1825 that Aluminum was first isolated by Hans Christian Oersted. Aluminum is a silvery gray metal that possesses many desirable characteristics. It is light, nonmagnetic and non-sparking. It stands second among metals in the scale of malleability, and sixth in ductility. It is extensively used in many industrial applications where a strong, light, easily constructed material is needed. Although it has only 60% of the electrical conductivity of copper, it is used in electrical transmission lines because of its light weight. Pure aluminum is soft and lacks strength, but alloyed with small amounts of copper, magnesium, silicon, manganese, or other elements it imparts a variety of useful properties. Aluminum was first predicted by Antoine Lavoisierin 1787 and first isolated by Friedrich Wöhler in 1827. For more information on aluminum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of aluminum products, visit the Aluminum element page.
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Calcium
- Development and Optimization of Gastro-Retentive Controlled-Release Tablet of Calcium-Disodium Edentate and its In Vivo Gamma Scintigraphic Evaluation. Kumar N, Soni S, Singh T, Kumar A, Ahmad FJ, Bhatnagar A, Mittal G. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2015 Mar 14.
- Scn1b deletion leads to increased tetrodotoxin-sensitive sodium current, altered intracellular calcium homeostasis and arrhythmias in murine hearts. Lin X, O'Malley H, Chen C, Auerbach D, Foster M, Shekhar A, Zhang M, Coetzee W, Jalife J, Fishman GI, Isom L, Delmar M. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Associations between Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) Gene Polymorphisms and Colorectal Cancer Risk and Effect Modifications of Dietary Calcium and Vitamin D in a Japanese Population. Takeshige N, Yin G, Ohnaka K, Kono S, Ueki T, Tanaka M, Maehara Y, Okamura T, Ikejiri K, Maekawa T, Yasunami Y, Takenaka K, Ichimiya H, Terasaka R. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015
- Use of ionizing radiation in screening examinations for coronary artery calcium and cancers of the lung, colon, and breast. Leng S, Hruska CB, McCollough CH. Semin Roentgenol. 2015 Apr
- Biomechanical comparisons of pull-out strengths after pedicle screw augmentation with hydroxyapatite, calcium phosphate or polymethylmethacrylate in the cadaveric spine. Yi S, Rim DC, Park SW, Murovic JA, Lim J, Park J. World Neurosurg. 2015 Mar 10.
- Atrial Fibrillation Complicated by Heart Failure Induces Distinct Remodeling of Calcium Cycling Proteins. Lugenbiel P, Wenz F, Govorov K, Schweizer PA, Katus HA, Thomas D. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- miR-185 Plays an Anti-Hypertrophic Role in the Heart via Multiple Targets in the Calcium-Signaling Pathways. Kim JO, Song DW, Kwon EJ, Hong SE, Song HK, Min CK, Kim do H. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 13
- Functional Significance of Calcium Binding to Tissue-Nonspecific Alkaline Phosphatase. Hoylaerts MF, Van Kerckhoven S, Kiffer-Moreira T, Sheen C, Narisawa S, Millán JL. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- A Novel Phosphorylation Site, Serine 199, in the C-Terminus of Cardiac Troponin I Regulates Calcium Sensitivity and Susceptibility to Calpain-Induced Proteolysis. Wijnker PJ, Li Y, Zhang P, Foster DB, Remedios CD, Van Eyk JE, Stienen GJ, Murphy AM, van der Velden J. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Screening for coronary heart disease in asymptomatic patients using multidetector computed tomography: calcium scoring and coronary computed tomography angiography. Palacio D, Betancourt S, Gladish GW. Semin Roentgenol. 2015 Apr
- A case of continuous trans-arterial calcium gluconate infusion using a direct arterial sphygmomanometry line that exhibited dramatic improvement of chemical burns on the fingers caused by hydrofluoric acid]. Miyamoto K, Shimizu M, Tanaka K, Minemura A, Tamatsukuri T, Miyake Y, Aruga T. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Orai1-Orai2 complex is involved in store-operated calcium entry in chondrocyte cell lines. Inayama M, Suzuki Y, Yamada S, Kurita T, Yamamura H, Ohya S, Giles WR, Imaizumi Y. Cell Calcium. 2015 Feb 19.
- Effect of Lipid Headgroup Charge and pH on the Stability and Membrane Insertion Potential of Calcium Condensed Gene Complexes. Alhakamy NA, Elandaloussi I, Ghazvini S, Berkland C, Dhar P. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 13.
- Sodium-calcium Exchanger 1 Regulates Epithelial Cell Migration via Calcium-Dependent Extracellular-Signal-Regulated Kinase Signaling. Balasubramaniam SL, Gopalakrishnapillai A, Gangadharan V, Duncan RL, Barwe SP. J Biol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Dual Optical Recordings for Action Potentials and Calcium Handling in Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Models of Cardiac Arrhythmias Using Genetically Encoded Fluorescent Indicators. Song L, Awari DW, Han EY, Uche-Anya E, Park SH, Yabe YA, Chung WK, Yazawa M. Stem Cells Transl Med. 2015 Mar 13.
- Fabrication of gelatin-strontium substituted calcium phosphate scaffolds with unidirectional pores for bone tissue engineering. Wu YC, Lin WY, Yang CY, Lee TM. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Mar
Recent Research & Development for Aluminum
- Non-specific phospholipase C4 mediates response to aluminum toxicity in Arabidopsis thaliana. Pejchar P, Potocký M, Kr?ková Z, Brouzdová J, Dan?k M, Martinec J. Front Plant Sci. 2015 Feb 16
- Homocatenation of Aluminum: Alkane-like Structures of Li2 Al2 H6 and Li3 Al3 H8. Gish JT, Popov IA, Boldyrev AI. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 4.
- Treatment of Melasma in Men With Low-Fluence Q-Switched Neodymium-Doped Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet Laser Versus Combined Laser and Glycolic Acid Peeling. Vachiramon V, Sahawatwong S, Sirithanabadeekul P. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Mar 9.
- Energetics of Order-Disorder in Layered Magnesium Aluminum Double Hydroxides with Interlayer Carbonate. Shivaramaiah R, Navrotsky A. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Real Time Monitoring of Layer-by-Layer Polyelectrolyte Deposition and Bacterial Enzyme Detection in Nanoporous Anodized Aluminum Oxide. Krismastuti FS, Bayat H, Voelcker NH, Schönherr H. Anal Chem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Fabrication of SERS-Active Substrates using Silver Nanofilm-Coated Porous Anodic Aluminum Oxide for Detection of Antibiotics. Chen J, Feng S, Gao F, Grant E, Xu J, Wang S, Huang Q, Lu X. J Food Sci. 2015 Mar 3.
- Cytotoxic and genotoxic characterization of aluminum and silicon oxide nanoparticles in macrophages. Hashimoto M, Imazato S. Dent Mater. 2015 Mar 5.
- Hybrid Structures of Polycationic aluminum phthalocyanines and quantum dots. Maksimov EG, Gvozdev DA, Strakhovskaya MG, Paschenko VZ. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- The influence of gingerol treatment on aluminum toxicity in rats. Shrivastava S. J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol. 2015
- Theoretical and experimental studies on the corrosion inhibition potentials of some purines for aluminum in 0.1 M HCl. Eddy NO, Momoh-Yahaya H, Oguzie EE. J Adv Res. 2015 Mar
- A method of lyophilizing vaccines containing aluminum salts into a dry powder without causing particle aggregation or decreasing the immunogenicity following reconstitution. Li X, Thakkar SG, Ruwona TB, Williams RO 3rd, Cui Z. J Control Release. 2015 Feb 28
- Chitosan-aluminum monostearate composite sponge dressing containing asiaticoside for wound healing and angiogenesis promotion in chronic wound. Phaechamud T, Yodkhum K, Charoenteeraboon J, Tabata Y. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 May
- Magnesium uptake of Arabidopsis transporters, AtMRS2-10 and AtMRS2-11, expressed in Escherichia coli mutants: Complementation and growth inhibition by aluminum. Ishijima S, Uda M, Hirata T, Shibata M, Kitagawa N, Sagami I. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Mar 12.
- Phosphorylation and Interaction with the 14-3-3 Protein of the Plasma Membrane H+-ATPase Are Involved in the Regulation of Magnesium-Mediated Increases in Aluminum-Induced Citrate Exudation in Broad Bean (Vicia faba. L). Chen Q, Kan Q, Wang P, Yu W, Yu Y, Zhao Y, Yu XY, Li ZK, Chen ML. Plant Cell Physiol. 2015 Mar 5.
- Mechanisms on Boron-Induced Alleviation of Aluminum-Toxicity in Citrus grandis Seedlings at a Transcriptional Level Revealed by cDNA-AFLP Analysis. Zhou XX, Yang LT, Qi YP, Guo P, Chen LS. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 6
- Measurement of critical currents of superconducting aluminum nanowires in external magnetic fields: evidence for a weber blockade. Morgan-Wall T, Leith B, Hartman N, Rahman A, Markovi? N. Phys Rev Lett. 2015 Feb 20
- The Metal-Organic Framework MIL-53(Al) Constructed from Multiple Metal Sources: Alumina, Aluminum Hydroxide, and Boehmite. Li Z, Wu YN, Li J, Zhang Y, Zou X, Li F. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.
- Isobaric tags for relative and absolute quantitation (iTRAQ)-based proteomic analysis of Cryptococcus humicola response to aluminum stress. Zhang J, Zhang L, Qiu J, Nian H. J Biosci Bioeng. 2015 Mar 3.
- ZnO-based thin film transistors employing aluminum titanate gate dielectrics deposited by spray pyrolysis at ambient air. Afouxenidis D, Mazzocco R, Vourlias G, Livesley PJ, Krier A, Milne WI, Kolosov OV, Adamopoulos G. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- Triple-layer Fabry-Perot/SPP aluminum absorber in the visible and near-infrared region. Shu S, Li YY. Opt Lett. 2015 Mar 15