High Purity Cd Metal Circles
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Cadmium Circle||CD-M-02-CRCL||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Cadmium Circle||CD-M-03-CRCL||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Cadmium Circle||CD-M-04-CRCL||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Cadmium Circle||CD-M-05-CRCL||Request Quote|
|(6N) 99.9999% Cadmium Circle||CD-M-06-CRCL||Request Quote|
|(7N) 99.99999% Cadmium Circle||CD-M-07-CRCL||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Eletronegativity||Specific Heat||Heat of Vaporization||Heat of Fusion||MSDS|
|112.41||Yellow||8.65gm/cc||N/A||320.9 °C||765 °C||0.969 W/cm/ K @ 298.2 K||6.83 microhm-cm @ 0 °C||1.7 Paulings||0.0555 Cal/g/ K @ 25 °C||23.9 K-Cal/gm at om at 765 °C||1.46 Cal/gm mole||Safety Data Sheet|
American Elements specializes in producing high purity Cadmium Circles with the highest possible densityand smallest possible average grain sizes for use in semiconductor, chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) display and optical applications. Our standard Circle sizes range from 1" to 8" in diameter and from 2mm to 1/2" thick. We can also provide Circles outside this range. Materials are produced using crystallization, solid state and other ultra high purification processes such as sublimation. American Elements specializes in producing custom compositions for commercial and research applications and for new proprietary technologies. American Elements also casts any of the rare earth metals and most other advanced materials into rod, bar or plate form, as well as other machined shapes and through other processes such as nanoparticles and in the form of solutions and organometallics. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. See safety data and research below and pricing/lead time above. We also produce Cadmium as rod, pellets, powder, pieces, granules, ingot, wire, and in compound forms, such as oxide. Other shapes are available by request.
Cadmium (atomic symbol: Cd, atomic number: 48) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 112.411. The number of electrons in each of Cadmium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2. The cadmium atom has a radius of 151 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 230 pm.Cadmium was discovered and first isolated by Karl Samuel Leberecht Hermann and Friedrich Stromeyer in 1817. In its elemental form, cadmium has a silvery bluish gray metallic appearance. Cadmium makes up about 0.1 ppm of the earth's crust. No significant deposits of cadmium containing ores are known, however, it is sometimes found in its metallic form. It is a common impurity in zinc ores and is isolated during the production of zinc. Cadmium is a key component in battery production and particular pigments and coatings due to its distinct yellow color. Cadmium oxide is used in phosphors for television picture tubes. The name Cadmium originates from the Latin word 'cadmia' and the Greek word 'kadmeia'. For more information on cadmium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cadmium products, visit the Cadmium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 2570 6.1/PG 1
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cadmium
- Cadmium sulfide quantum dots induce oxydative-stress and behavioural impairments in the marine clam Scrobicularia plana. Buffet PE, Zalouk-Vergnoux A, Poirier L, Lopes C, Risso-de Faverney C, Guibbolini M, Gilliland D, Perrein-Ettajani H, Valsami-Jones E, Mouneyrac C. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Cadmium toxicity affects chlorophyll a and b content, antioxidant enzyme activities and mineral nutrient accumulation in strawberry. Muradoglu F, Gundogdu M, Ercisli S, Encu T, Balta F, Jaafar HZ, Zia-Ul-Haq M. Biol Res. 2015 Feb 20
- Effects of Dietary Cadmium and Boron Supplementation on Performance, Eggshell Quality and Mineral Concentrations of Bone in Laying Hens. Olgun O, Bahtiyarca Y. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 8.
- Histidine promotes the loading of nickel and zinc, but not of cadmium, into the xylem in Noccaea caerulescens. Kozhevnikova AD, Seregin IV, Verweij R, Schat H. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Evolution of cadmium effects in the testis and sperm of the tropical fish Gymnotus carapo. Vergilio CS, Moreira RV, Carvalho CE, Melo EJ. Tissue Cell. 2015 Feb 7.
- Cadmium Modulates Biofilm Formation by Staphylococcus epidermidis. Wu X, Santos RR, Fink-Gremmels J. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015 Mar 4
- Assessment of cadmium and lead adsorption in organic and conventional coffee. Marchioni C, Oliveira FM, Magalhães CS, Luccas PO. Anal Sci. 2015
- Physiological responses of fenugreek seedlings and plants treated with cadmium. Zayneb C, Bassem K, Zeineb K, Grubb CD, Noureddine D, Hafedh M, Amine E. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 11.
- Coupling of non-selective adsorption with selective elution for novel in-line separation and detection of cadmium by vapour generation atomic absorption spectrometry. Zhang Y, Adeloju SB. Talanta. 2015 May
- Association between Dietary Cadmium Exposure and Breast Cancer Risk: An Updated Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. Wu X, Zhu X, Xie M. Med Sci Monit. 2015 Mar 15
- Efficient biosorption of lead(II) and cadmium(II) ions from aqueous solutions by functionalized cell with intracellular CaCO3 mineral scaffolds. Ma X, Cui W, Yang L, Yang Y, Chen H, Wang K. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 26
- Common and metal-specific proteomic responses to cadmium and zinc in the metal tolerant ericoid mycorrhizal fungus Oidiodendron maius Zn. Chiapello M, Martino E, Perotto S. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 12.
- Tissue-specific transcriptional profiling of iron-deficient and cadmium-stressed rice using laser capture microdissection. Ogo Y, Kakei Y, Itai RN, Kobayashi T, Nakanishi H, Nishizawa NK. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Aug
- Are Food Compounds Able to Modulate Noxious Activities Induced by Cadmium Exposure? de Moura CF, Ribeiro DA. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2015 Mar 9:0.
- Wounding of Arabidopsis halleri leaves enhances cadmium accumulation that acts as a defense against herbivory. Plaza S, Weber J, Pajonk S, Thomas J, Talke IN, Schellenberg M, Pradervand S, Burla B, Geisler M, Martinoia E, Krämer U. Biometals. 2015 Mar 10.
- Transcriptional and biochemical markers in transplanted Perca flavescens to characterize cadmium- and copper-induced oxidative stress in the field. Defo MA, Bernatchez L, Campbell PG, Couture P. Aquat Toxicol. 2015 Feb 21
- Efficiency of repeated phytoextraction of cadmium and zinc from an agricultural soil contaminated with sewage sludge. Luo K, Ma T, Liu H, Wu L, Ren J, Nai F, Li R, Chen L, Luo Y, Christie P. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- A Study on Cadmium Phytoremediation Potential of Indian Mustard, Brassica juncea. Goswami S, Das S. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- Combination of Cadmium and High Cholesterol Levels as a Risk Factor for Heart Fibrosis. Türkcan A, Scharinger B, Grabmann G, Keppler B, Laufer G, Bernhard D, Messner B. Toxicol Sci. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Influences of petroleum hydrocarbons on accumulation of cadmium and induction of metallothionein in the polychaete Perinereis aibuhitensis]. Zhang QR, Mu WY, Zhang JY, Liu L, Wei SH. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2014 Sep