|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Cadmium Fluoride||CD-F-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Cadmium Fluoride||CD-F-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Cadmium Fluoride||CD-F-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Cadmium Fluoride||CD-F-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|CdF2||150.41||White Powder||1,110° C
|6.33 g/cm3||151.9||151.9||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cadmium Fluoride is a water insoluble Cadmium source for use in oxygen-sensitive applications, such as metal production. Fluoride compounds have diverse applications in current technologies and science, from oil refining and etching to synthetic organic chemistry and the manufacture of pharmaceuticals. Magnesium Fluoride, for example, was used by researchers at the Max Planck Institute for Quantum Optics in 2013 to create a novel mid-infrared optical frequency comb composed of crystalline microresonators, a development that may lead to future advances in molecular spectroscopy. Fluorides are also commonly used to alloy metals and for optical deposition. Cadmium Fluoride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia)and follows applicable ASTM testing standards.Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cadmium (atomic symbol: Cd, atomic number: 48) is a Block D, Group 12, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 112.411. The number of electrons in each of Cadmium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 2 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2. The cadmium atom has a radius of 151 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 230 pm.Cadmium was discovered and first isolated by Karl Samuel Leberecht Hermann and Friedrich Stromeyer in 1817. In its elemental form, cadmium has a silvery bluish gray metallic appearance. Cadmium makes up about 0.1 ppm of the earth's crust. No significant deposits of cadmium containing ores are known, however, it is sometimes found in its metallic form. It is a common impurity in zinc ores and is isolated during the production of zinc. Cadmium is a key component in battery production and particular pigments and coatings due to its distinct yellow color. Cadmium oxide is used in phosphors for television picture tubes. The name Cadmium originates from the Latin word 'cadmia' and the Greek word 'kadmeia'. For more information on cadmium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cadmium products, visit the Cadmium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 2570 6.1/PG 2
CADMIUM FLUORIDE SYNONYMS
Cadmium difluoride, Cadmium fluoridewhitepowder, Cadmium fluorure, Difluorocadmium
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cadmium
- Cadmium sulfide quantum dots induce oxydative-stress and behavioural impairments in the marine clam Scrobicularia plana. Buffet PE, Zalouk-Vergnoux A, Poirier L, Lopes C, Risso-de Faverney C, Guibbolini M, Gilliland D, Perrein-Ettajani H, Valsami-Jones E, Mouneyrac C. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Cadmium toxicity affects chlorophyll a and b content, antioxidant enzyme activities and mineral nutrient accumulation in strawberry. Muradoglu F, Gundogdu M, Ercisli S, Encu T, Balta F, Jaafar HZ, Zia-Ul-Haq M. Biol Res. 2015 Feb 20
- Effects of Dietary Cadmium and Boron Supplementation on Performance, Eggshell Quality and Mineral Concentrations of Bone in Laying Hens. Olgun O, Bahtiyarca Y. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 8.
- Histidine promotes the loading of nickel and zinc, but not of cadmium, into the xylem in Noccaea caerulescens. Kozhevnikova AD, Seregin IV, Verweij R, Schat H. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Evolution of cadmium effects in the testis and sperm of the tropical fish Gymnotus carapo. Vergilio CS, Moreira RV, Carvalho CE, Melo EJ. Tissue Cell. 2015 Feb 7.
- Cadmium Modulates Biofilm Formation by Staphylococcus epidermidis. Wu X, Santos RR, Fink-Gremmels J. Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2015 Mar 4
- Assessment of cadmium and lead adsorption in organic and conventional coffee. Marchioni C, Oliveira FM, Magalhães CS, Luccas PO. Anal Sci. 2015
- Physiological responses of fenugreek seedlings and plants treated with cadmium. Zayneb C, Bassem K, Zeineb K, Grubb CD, Noureddine D, Hafedh M, Amine E. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 11.
- Coupling of non-selective adsorption with selective elution for novel in-line separation and detection of cadmium by vapour generation atomic absorption spectrometry. Zhang Y, Adeloju SB. Talanta. 2015 May
- Association between Dietary Cadmium Exposure and Breast Cancer Risk: An Updated Meta-Analysis of Observational Studies. Wu X, Zhu X, Xie M. Med Sci Monit. 2015 Mar 15
- Efficient biosorption of lead(II) and cadmium(II) ions from aqueous solutions by functionalized cell with intracellular CaCO3 mineral scaffolds. Ma X, Cui W, Yang L, Yang Y, Chen H, Wang K. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 26
- Common and metal-specific proteomic responses to cadmium and zinc in the metal tolerant ericoid mycorrhizal fungus Oidiodendron maius Zn. Chiapello M, Martino E, Perotto S. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 12.
- Tissue-specific transcriptional profiling of iron-deficient and cadmium-stressed rice using laser capture microdissection. Ogo Y, Kakei Y, Itai RN, Kobayashi T, Nakanishi H, Nishizawa NK. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Aug
- Are Food Compounds Able to Modulate Noxious Activities Induced by Cadmium Exposure? de Moura CF, Ribeiro DA. Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2015 Mar 9:0.
- Wounding of Arabidopsis halleri leaves enhances cadmium accumulation that acts as a defense against herbivory. Plaza S, Weber J, Pajonk S, Thomas J, Talke IN, Schellenberg M, Pradervand S, Burla B, Geisler M, Martinoia E, Krämer U. Biometals. 2015 Mar 10.
- Transcriptional and biochemical markers in transplanted Perca flavescens to characterize cadmium- and copper-induced oxidative stress in the field. Defo MA, Bernatchez L, Campbell PG, Couture P. Aquat Toxicol. 2015 Feb 21
- Efficiency of repeated phytoextraction of cadmium and zinc from an agricultural soil contaminated with sewage sludge. Luo K, Ma T, Liu H, Wu L, Ren J, Nai F, Li R, Chen L, Luo Y, Christie P. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- A Study on Cadmium Phytoremediation Potential of Indian Mustard, Brassica juncea. Goswami S, Das S. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- Combination of Cadmium and High Cholesterol Levels as a Risk Factor for Heart Fibrosis. Türkcan A, Scharinger B, Grabmann G, Keppler B, Laufer G, Bernhard D, Messner B. Toxicol Sci. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Influences of petroleum hydrocarbons on accumulation of cadmium and induction of metallothionein in the polychaete Perinereis aibuhitensis]. Zhang QR, Mu WY, Zhang JY, Liu L, Wei SH. Ying Yong Sheng Tai Xue Bao. 2014 Sep
Recent Research & Development for Fluorides
- Toxicity of fluoride to aquatic species and evaluation of toxicity modifying factors. Pearcy K, Elphick J, Burnett-Seidel C. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 2.
- The influence of varnish and high fluoride on erosion and abrasion in a laboratory investigation. Sar Sancakli H, Austin R, Al-Saqabi F, Moazzez R, Bartlett D. Aust Dent J. 2015 Mar
- The fin whale, a marine top consumer, exposes strengths and weaknesses of the use of fluoride as ecological tracer. Vighi M, García-Nisa I, Borrell A, Aguilar A. Chemosphere. 2015 Mar 3
- Comparison of the Biological Impacts of the Fluoride Compounds by Graphical Risk Visualization Map Technique. Usuda K, Kono R, Ueno T, Ito Y, Dote T, Yokoyama H, Kono K, Tamaki J. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 8.
- Multiple inorganic toxic substances contaminating the groundwater of Myingyan Township, Myanmar: Arsenic, manganese, fluoride, iron, and uranium. Bacquart T, Frisbie S, Mitchell E, Grigg L, Cole C, Small C, Sarkar B. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 4
- Effect of silver diamine fluoride and potassium iodide on residual bacteria in dentinal tubules. Hamama H, Yiu C, Burrow M. Aust Dent J. 2015 Mar
- Arginine promotes fluoride uptake into artificial carious lesions in vitro. Cheng X, Xu P, Zhou X, Deng M, Cheng L, Li M, Li Y, Xu X. Aust Dent J. 2015 Mar
- Fluoride concentrations in the water of Maringá, Brazil, considering the benefit/risk balance of caries and fluorosis. Bergamo ET, Barbana M, Terada RS, Cury JA, Fujimaki M. Braz Oral Res. 2015 Mar
- The Fluoride Content of Yerba Mate Depending on the Country of Origin and the Conditions of the Infusion. ?ukomska A, Jakubczyk K, Maciejewska D, Baranowska-Bosiacka I, Janda K, Goschorska M, Chlubek D, Bosiacka B, Gutowska I. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 17.
- Synthesis and characterization of fluoride-incorporated polyoxovanadates. Kikukawa Y, Yokoyama T, Kashio S, Hayashi Y. J Inorg Biochem. 2015 Feb 26.
- Observation of color center peaks in calcium fluoride. Aoki T, Garvie LA, Rez P. Ultramicroscopy. 2015 Feb 18
- An isotope hydrochemical approach to understand fluoride release into groundwaters of the Datong Basin, Northern China. Su C, Wang Y, Xie X, Zhu Y. Environ Sci Process Impacts. 2015 Mar 6.
- Effect of Sodium Fluoride on the Proliferation and Gene Differential Expression in Human RPMI8226 Cells. He H, Wang H, Jiao Y, Ma C, Zhang H, Zhou Z. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 1.
- Imaging Chronic Tuberculous Lesions Using Sodium [18F]Fluoride Positron Emission Tomography in Mice. Ordonez AA, DeMarco VP, Klunk MH, Pokkali S, Jain SK. Mol Imaging Biol. 2015 Mar 7.
- Cerium fluoride nanoparticles protect cells against oxidative stress. Shcherbakov AB, Zholobak NM, Baranchikov AE, Ryabova AV, Ivanov VK. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 May
- Airway Involvement of Relapsing Polychondritis Revealed by 18F-Fluoride PET/CT. Zhang W, Zhu Z. Clin Nucl Med. 2015 Apr
- Self-oriented β-crystalline phase in the polyvinylidene fluoride ferroelectric and piezo-sensitive ultrathin Langmuir-Schaefer film. Maji S, Sarkar PK, Aggarwal L, Ghosh SK, Mandal D, Sheet G, Acharya S. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride as a Suture Material: Evaluation of Comet Tail-Like Infiltrate and Foreign Body Granuloma. Lambertz A, Schröder KM, Schöb DS, Binnebösel M, Anurov M, Klinge U, Neumann UP, Klink CD. Eur Surg Res. 2015 Feb 25
- Fluoride dose-response of human and bovine enamel artificial caries lesions under pH-cycling conditions. Lippert F, Juthani K. Clin Oral Investig. 2015 Mar 4.
- Targeted Fluorination with the Fluoride Ion by Manganese-Catalyzed Decarboxylation. Huang X, Liu W, Hooker JM, Groves JT. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 3.