|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Cerium Nitrate||CE-NAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Cerium Nitrate||CE-NAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Cerium Nitrate||CE-NAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Cerium Nitrate||CE-NAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|CeN3O9||326.13||White||1.9 g/cm3||325.868892||325.868892||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cerium Nitrate is a highly water soluble crystalline Cerium source for uses compatible with nitrates and lower (acidic) pH. All metallic nitrates are inorganic salts of a given metal cation and the nitrate anion. The nitrate anion is a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of a single nitrogen atom ionically bound to three oxygen atoms (Formula: NO3) for a total formula weight of 62.05. Nitrate compounds are generally soluble in water. Nitrate materials are also oxidizing agents. When mixed with hydrocarbons, nitrate compounds can form a flammable mixture. Nitrates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds and certain catalyst and nanoscale (nanoparticles and nanopowders) materials. Cerium Nitrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Cerium Nitrate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cerium (atomic symbol: Ce, atomic number: 58) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 140.116. The number of electrons in each of cerium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 19, 9, 2 and its electron configuration is [Xe]4f2 6s2. The cerium atom has a radius of 182.5 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 235 pm. In its elemental form, cerium has a silvery white appearance. Cerium is the most abundant of the rare earth metals. It is characterized chemically by having two valence states, the +3 cerous and +4 ceric states. The ceric state is the only non-trivalent rare earth ion stable in aqueous solutions. It is, therefore, strongly acidic and moderately toxic. It is also a strong oxidizer. The cerous state closely resembles the other trivalent rare earths. Cerium is found in the minerals allanite, bastnasite, hydroxylbastnasite, monazite, rhabdophane, synchysite and zircon. Cerium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth, Jöns Jakob Berzelius, and Wilh elm Hisinger in 1803 and first isolated by Carl Gustaf Mosander in 1839. The element was named after the asteroid Ceres. For more information on cerium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cerium products, visit the Cerium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 1477 5.1/PG 2
CERIUM NITRATE SYNONYMS
Nitric acid cerium salt, Cerous nitrate, Cerium trinitrate, Cerium(3+) cation trinitrate
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cerium
- Synthesis of cerium oxide nanoparticles using Gloriosa superba L. leaf extract and their structural, optical and antibacterial properties. Arumugam A, Karthikeyan C, Haja Hameed AS, Gopinath K, Gowri S, Karthika V. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 Apr
- Erratum to: The effect of lanthanum(III) and cerium(III) ions between layers of manganese oxide on water oxidation. Najafpour MM, Isaloo MA, Ho?y?ska M, Shen JR, Allakhverdiev SI. Photosynth Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- The effect of lanthanum(III) and cerium(III) ions between layers of manganese oxide on water oxidation. Najafpour MM, Isaloo MA, Ho?y?ska M, Shen JR, Allakhverdiev S. Photosynth Res. 2015 Feb 21.
- Cerium: An Unlikely Replacement of Dysprosium in High Performance Nd-Fe-B Permanent Magnets. Pathak AK, Khan M, Gschneidner KA Jr, McCallum RW, Zhou L, Sun K, Dennis KW, Zhou C, Pinkerton FE, Kramer MJ, Pecharsky VK. Adv Mater. 2015 Mar 13.
- Fabrication and characterization of cerium-doped terbium gallium garnet with high magneto-optical properties. Chen Z, Hang Y, Yang L, Wang J, Wang X, Hong J, Zhang P, Shi C, Wang Y. Opt Lett. 2015 Mar 1
- Unusual kinetics of poly(ethylene glycol) oxidation with cerium(iv) ions in sulfuric acid medium and implications for copolymer synthesis. Szyma?ski JK, Temprano-Coleto F, Pérez-Mercader J. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Feb 25
- Erratum: Evidence for an oxygen evolving iron-oxo-cerium intermediate in iron-catalysed water oxidation. Codolà Z, Gómez L, Kleespies ST, Que L Jr, Costas M, Lloret-Fillol J. Nat Commun. 2015 Feb 12
- Molecular toxicity of cerium oxide nanoparticles to the freshwater alga Chlamydomonas reinhardtii is associated with supra-environmental exposure concentrations. Taylor NS, Merrifield R, Williams TD, Chipman JK, Lead JR, Viant MR. Nanotoxicology. 2015 Mar 5:1-10.
- Aqueous medium induced optical transitions in cerium oxide nanoparticles. Inerbaev TM, Karakoti AS, Kuchibhatla SV, Kumar A, Masunov AE, Seal S. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Feb 18
- Cerium(IV)-Driven Water Oxidation Catalyzed by a Manganese(V)-Nitrido Complex. Ma L, Wang Q, Man WL, Kwong HK, Ko CC, Lau TC. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Feb 26.
- [application of the analytical transmission electron microscopy techniques for detection, identification and visualization of localization of nanoparticles of titanium and cerium oxides in mammalian cells]. [No authors listed] Biofizika. 2014 Mar-Apr
- Sonochemical synthesis of a new nano-sized cerium(III) coordination polymer and its conversion to nanoceria. Derakhshandeh PG, Soleimannejad J, Janczak J. Ultrason Sonochem. 2015 Feb 7.
- Luminescent Properties of Cerium Doped Potassium Iodide Single Crystals in Response to γ-irradiation. Bangaru S, Saradha K, Muralidharan G. J Fluoresc. 2015 Mar 6.
- Ultrasonic-assisted sol-gel synthesis of samarium, cerium co-doped TiO2 nanoparticles with enhanced sonocatalytic efficiency. Eskandarloo H, Badiei A, Behnajady MA, Ziarani GM. Ultrason Sonochem. 2015 Feb 7.
- Energy Transfer Processes of Chemiluminescence Reaction Systems with Cerium(IV) Ions and Their Analytical Application: A Review. Kaczmarek M. J Fluoresc. 2015 Feb 6.
- Fabrication of Condensate Microdrop Self-Propelling Porous Films of Cerium Oxide Nanoparticles on Copper Surfaces. Luo Y, Li J, Zhu J, Zhao Y, Gao X. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Feb 18.
- Physiological and biochemical response of soil-grown barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) to cerium oxide nanoparticles. Rico CM, Barrios AC, Tan W, Rubenecia R, Lee SC, Varela-Ramirez A, Peralta-Videa JR, Gardea-Torresdey JL. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Mar 4.
- Growth and composition of nanostructured and nanoporous cerium oxide thin films on a graphite foil. Lavkova J, Khalakhan I, Chundak M, Vorokhta M, Potin V, Matolin V, Matolinova I. Nanoscale. 2015 Feb 19
- Nanocasted synthesis of magnetic mesoporous iron cerium bimetal oxides (MMIC) as an efficient heterogeneous Fenton-like catalyst for oxidation of arsenite. Wen Z, Zhang Y, Dai C, Sun Z. J Hazard Mater. 2015 Jan 29
- Cerium fluoride nanoparticles protect cells against oxidative stress. Shcherbakov AB, Zholobak NM, Baranchikov AE, Ryabova AV, Ivanov VK. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2015 May
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Effects of inorganic nitrate and beetroot supplementation on endothelial function: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lara J, Ashor AW, Oggioni C, Ahluwalia A, Mathers JC, Siervo M. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar 13.
- Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal Suppository 1,200 mg versus Oral Fluconazole 150 mg in Treating Severe Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. Fan S, Liu X, Liang Y. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2015 Feb 17.
- Nitrite control over dissimilatory nitrate/nitrite reduction pathways in Shewanella loihica strain PV-4. Yoon S, Sanford R, Löffler FE. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Skeletal muscle as an endogenous nitrate reservoir. Piknova B, Park JW, Swanson KM, Dey S, Noguchi CT, Schechter AN. Nitric Oxide. 2015 Feb 26
- Remediation of nitrate-nitrogen contaminated groundwater using a pilot-scale two-layer heterotrophic-autotrophic denitrification permeable reactive barrier with spongy iron/pine bark. Huang G, Huang Y, Hu H, Liu F, Zhang Y, Deng R. Chemosphere. 2015 Mar 3
- Seasonal nitrate algorithms for nitrate retrieval using OCEANSAT-2 and MODIS-AQUA satellite data. Durairaj P, Sarangi RK, Ramalingam S, Thirunavukarassu T, Chauhan P. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effects of nitrate dosing on sulfidogenic and methanogenic activities in sewer sediment. Liu Y, Sharma KR, Ni BJ, Fan L, Murthy S, Tyson GQ, Yuan Z. Water Res. 2015 Feb 17
- Short-Term Effects of a High Nitrate Diet on Nitrate Metabolism in Healthy Individuals. Bondonno CP, Liu AH, Croft KD, Ward NC, Puddey IB, Woodman RJ, Hodgson JM. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 12
- The Nitric Oxide Production in the Moss Physcomitrella patens Is Mediated by Nitrate Reductase. Medina-Andrés R, Solano-Peralta A, Saucedo-Vázquez JP, Napsucialy-Mendivil S, Pimentel-Cabrera JA, Sosa-Torres ME, Dubrovsky JG, Lira-Ruan V. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 5
- Nephrotoxic effects of lead nitrate exposure in diabetic and nondiabetic rats: Involvement of oxidative stress and the protective role of sodium selenite. Ba? H, Kalender Y. Environ Toxicol. 2015 Mar 2.
- Cost-effective bioregeneration of nitrate-laden ion exchange brine through deliberate bicarbonate incorporation. Li Q, Huang B, Chen X, Shi Y. Water Res. 2015 Feb 24
- 50 Years Ago in TheJournal ofPediatrics: Congenital Pyloric Stenosis: A Controlled Evaluation of Medical Treatment Utilizing Methyl-Scopolamine-Nitrate. Gisser JM, Hill ID. J Pediatr. 2015 Mar
- Ni-induced Changes in Nitrate Assimilation and Antioxidant Metabolism of Verbascum olympicum Boiss.: Could the Plant be Useful for Phytoremediation or/and Restoration Purposes? Akpinar A, Arslan H, Güleryüz G, K?rm?z? S, Erdem?r ÜS, Güçer ?. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- AtNIGT1/HRS1 integrates nitrate and phosphate signals at the Arabidopsis root tip. Medici A, Marshall-Colon A, Ronzier E, Szponarski W, Wang R, Gojon A, Crawford NM, Ruffel S, Coruzzi GM, Krouk G. Nat Commun. 2015 Feb 27
- Gill histopathologies following exposure to nanosilver or silver nitrate. Hawkins AD, Thornton C, Kennedy AJ, Bu K, Cizdziel J, Jones BW, Steevens JA, Willett KL. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2015
- Visible light photooxidation of nitrate: the dawn of a nocturnal radical. Hering T, Slanina T, Hancock A, Wille U, König B. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.
- New organic nitrate-containing benzyloxy isonipecotanilide derivatives with vasodilatory and anti-platelet activity. Candia M, Marini E, Zaetta G, Cellamare S, Stilo AD, Altomare CD. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2015 Mar 10.
- Tepidicaulis marinus gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium reducing nitrate to nitrous oxide strictly under microaerobic conditions. Takeuchi M, Yamagishi T, Kamagata Y, Oshima K, Hattori M, Katayama T, Hanada S, Tamaki H, Marumo K, Maeda H, Nedachi M, Iwasaki W, Suwa Y, Sakata S. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2015 Mar 4.
- Surface Modification of Pt(100) for Electrocatalytic Nitrate Reduction to Dinitrogen in Alkaline Solution. Chen T, Li H, Ma H, Koper MT. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 3.
- Erratum: "Phase diagram of ammonium nitrate" [J. Chem. Phys. 139, 214503 (2013)]. Dunuwille M, Yoo CS. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14