|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Cerium Nitrate||CE-NAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Cerium Nitrate||CE-NAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Cerium Nitrate||CE-NAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Cerium Nitrate||CE-NAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|CeN3O9||326.13||White||1.9 g/cm3||325.868892||325.868892||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cerium Nitrate is a highly water soluble crystalline Cerium source for uses compatible with nitrates and lower (acidic) pH. All metallic nitrates are inorganic salts of a given metal cation and the nitrate anion. The nitrate anion is a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of a single nitrogen atom ionically bound to three oxygen atoms (Formula: NO3) for a total formula weight of 62.05. Nitrate compounds are generally soluble in water. Nitrate materials are also oxidizing agents. When mixed with hydrocarbons, nitrate compounds can form a flammable mixture. Nitrates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds and certain catalyst and nanoscale (nanoparticles and nanopowders) materials. Cerium Nitrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. We also produce Cerium Nitrate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cerium (atomic symbol: Ce, atomic number: 58) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 140.116. The number of electrons in each of cerium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 19, 9, 2 and its electron configuration is [Xe]4f2 6s2. The cerium atom has a radius of 182.5 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 235 pm. In its elemental form, cerium has a silvery white appearance. Cerium is the most abundant of the rare earths metals. It is characterized chemically by having two valence states, the +3 cerous and +4 ceric states. The ceric state is the only non-trivalent rare earth ion stable in aqueous solutions. It is, therefore, strongly acidic and moderately toxic. It is also a strong oxidizer. The cerous state closely resembles the other trivalent rare earths. Cerium is found in the minerals allanite, bastnasite, hydroxylbastnasite, monazite, rhabdophane, synchysite and zircon. Cerium was discovered by Martin Heinrich Klaproth, Jöns Jakob Berzelius, and Wilhelm Hisinger in 1803 and first isolated by Carl Gustaf Mosander in 1839. The element was named after the asteroid Ceres. For more information on cerium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cerium products, visit the Cerium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 1477 5.1/PG 2
CERIUM NITRATE SYNONYMS
Nitric acid cerium salt, Cerous nitrate, Cerium trinitrate, Cerium(3+) cation trinitrate
CUSTOMERS FOR CERIUM NITRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Cerium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for
- Construction of heterocyclic structures by trivalent cerium salts promoted bond forming reactions. Properzi R, Marcantoni E. Chem Soc Rev. 2013 Nov 11.
- The role of chemical interactions between thorium, cerium, and lanthanum in lymphocyte toxicity. Oliveira MS, Duarte IM, Paiva AV, Yunes SN, Almeida CE, Mattos RC, Sarcinelli PN. Arch Environ Occup Health. 2014.
- Anti-angiogenic activity of heparin functionalised cerium oxide nanoparticles. Lord MS, Tsoi B, Gunawan C, Teoh WY, Amal R, Whitelock JM. Biomaterials. 2013 Nov.
- Improvement of cerium on photosynthesis of maize seedlings under a combination of potassium deficiency and salt stress.
- Qu C, Liu C, Guo F, Hu C, Ze Y, Li C, Zhou Q, Hong F. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 Oct.
- Effect of cerium oxide nanoparticles on intestinal serotonin in zebrafish. Ozel RE, Hayat A, Wallace KN, Andreescu S. RSC Adv. 2013 Sep 21.
- Sulfonated macro-RAFT agents for the surfactant-free synthesis of cerium oxide-based hybrid latexes. Garnier J, Warnant J, Lacroix-Desmazes P, Dufils PE, Vinas J, van Herk A. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 1.
- One step hydrothermal synthesis of a carbon nanotube/cerium oxide nanocomposite and its electrochemical properties. Kalubarme RS, Kim YH, Park CJ. Nanotechnology. 2013 Sep 13.
- Homoleptic Cerium(III) and Cerium(IV) Nitroxide Complexes: Significant Stabilization of the 4+ Oxidation State. Bogart JA, Lewis AJ, Medling SA, Piro NA, Carroll PJ, Booth CH, Schelter EJ. Inorg Chem. 2013 Sep 11.
- Cerium oxide nanoparticles: applications and prospects in nanomedicine. Das S, Dowding JM, Klump KE, McGinnis JF, Self W, Seal S. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2013 Sep.
- Oxidation of CO and NO on Composition-Selected Cerium Oxide Cluster Cations. Hirabayashi S, Ichihashi M. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Sep 10.
- Strength and Debye temperature measurements of cerium across the a volume collapse: the lattice contribution. Lipp MJ, Kono Y, Jenei Z, Cynn H, Aracne-Ruddle C, Park C, Kenney-Benson C, Evans WJ. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 Aug 28.
- Fabrication of lactate biosensor based on lactate dehydrogenase immobilized on cerium oxide nanoparticles. Nesakumar N, Sethuraman S, Krishnan UM, Rayappan JB. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Aug 22.
- Toxicity and bio-accumulation of inhaled cerium oxide nanoparticles in CD1 mice. Aalapati S, Ganapathy S, Manapuram S, Anumolu G, Prakya BM. Nanotoxicology. 2013 Aug 22.
- Template-free synthesis of uniform single-crystal hollow cerium dioxide nanocubes and their catalytic activity. Han X, Li L, Wang C.
Nanoscale. 2013 Aug 21.
- Silica supported copper and cerium oxide catalysts for ethyl acetate oxidation. Tsoncheva T, Issa G, Blasco T, Concepcion P, Dimitrov M, Hernández S, Kovacheva D, Atanasova G, López Nieto JM. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013.
- Exposure to cerium dioxide nanoparticles differently affect swimming performance and survival in two daphnid species. Artells E, Issartel J, Auffan M, Borschneck D, Thill A, Tella M, Brousset L, Rose J, Bottero JY, Thiéry A. PLoS One. 2013 Aug 15.
- High antitumor activity of 5,7-dihalo-8-quinolinolato cerium complexes. Chen ZF, Wei JH, Liu YC, Liu M, Gu YQ, Huang KB, Wang M, Liang H. Eur J Med Chem. 2013 Aug 13.
- Assembly of Cerium(III)-Stabilized Polyoxotungstate Nanoclusters with SeO3 (2-) /TeO3 (2-) Templates: From Single Polyoxoanions to Inorganic Hollow Spheres in Dilute Solution. Chen WC, Li HL, Wang XL, Shao KZ, Su ZM, Wang EB. Chemistry. 2013 Aug 12.
- Cerium ammonium nitrate (CAN)-catalyzed four-component one-pot synthesis of multi-substituted pyrano[2,3-[Formula: see text]]pyrazoles under ultrasound irradiation. Ablajan K, Liju W, Kelimu Y, Jun F. Mol Divers. 2013 Aug 6.
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Copper, zinc superoxide dismutase and nitrate reductase coimmobilized bienzymatic biosensor for the simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate. Madasamy T, Pandiaraj M, Balamurugan M, Bhargava K, Sethy NK, Karunakaran C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb 15.
- Effect of nitrate ions on the efficiency of sonophotochemical phenol degradation. Zaviska F, Drogui P, El Hachemi EM, Naffrechoux E. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Jan
- Photoluminescence studies on the complexation of Eu(III) and Tb(III) with acetohydroxamic acid (AHA) in nitrate medium. Pathak PN, Mohapatra M, Godbole SV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- A potential carrier based on liquid crystal nanoparticles for ophthalmic delivery of pilocarpine nitrate. Li J, Wu L, Wu W, Wang B, Wang Z, Xin H, Xu Q. Int J Pharm. 2013 Oct 15.
- Synthesis, growth and characterization of a nonlinear optical crystal: Bis l-proline hydrogen nitrate. Selvaraju K, Kirubavathi K. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Nitrate removal from eutrophic wetlands polluted by metal-mine wastes: Effects of liming and plant growth. González-Alcaraz MN, Conesa HM, Alvarez-Rogel J. J Environ Manage. 2013 Oct 15.
- Affinity binding via Zinc(II) for controlled orientation and electrochemistry of Histidine-tagged nitrate reductase in self-assembled monolayers. Campbell WH, Henig J, Plumeré N. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013 Oct.
- The nitrate time bomb: a numerical way to investigate nitrate storage and lag time in the unsaturated zone. Wang L, Butcher AS, Stuart ME, Gooddy DC, Bloomfield JP. Environ Geochem Health. 2013 Oct.
- Direct and indirect photodegradation of estriol in the presence of humic acid, nitrate and iron complexes in water solutions. Chen Y, Zhang K, Zuo Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct 1.
- Nitrate source apportionment in a subtropical watershed using Bayesian model. Yang L, Han J, Xue J, Zeng L, Shi J, Wu L, Jiang Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct 1.
- Synthesis, spectroscopic (FT-IR/NMR) characterization, X-ray structure and DFT studies on (E)-2-(1-phenylethylidene) hydrazinecarboximidamide nitrate hemimethanol. Ozdemir N, Inkaya E, Saripinar E, Akyüz L, Ilhan IÖ, Aydin S, Dinçer M, Büyükgüngör O. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Oct.
- A novel and efficient synthesis of diverse dihydronaphtho[1,2-b]furans using the ceric ammonium nitrate-catalyzed formal [3 + 2] cycloaddition of 1,4-naphthoquinones to olefins and its application to furomollugin. Xia L, Lee YR. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 Sep 28.
- Comments on the "Nitrate contamination in ground water of some rural areas of Rajasthan, India" by Suthar et al. Satpathy KK, Padhi RK, Samantara MK. Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep 15.
- Model-Based Integration and Analysis of Biogeochemical and Isotopic Dynamics in a Nitrate-Polluted Pyritic Aquifer. Zhang YC, Prommer H, Broers HP, Slomp CP, Greskowiak J, van der Grift B, Van Cappellen P. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Sep 9.
- Raman Spectroscopic Study of Temperature and Pressure Effects on the Ionic Liquid Propylammonium Nitrate. Faria LF, Penna TC, Ribeiro MC. J Phys Chem B. 2013 Sep 9.
- Synthesis of 2-nitroglycals from glycals using the tetrabutylammonium nitrate-trifluoroacetic anhydride-triethylamine reagent system and base-catalyzed ferrier rearrangement of acetylated 2-nitroglycals. Dharuman S, Gupta P, Kancharla PK, Vankar YD. J Org Chem. 2013 Sep 6.
- Nitrate-based niche differentiation by distinct sulfate-reducing bacteria involved in the anaerobic oxidation of methane. Green-Saxena A, Dekas AE, Dalleska NF, Orphan VJ. ISME J. 2013 Sep 5.
- Prospective multicentre evaluation of the direct nitrate reductase assay for the rapid detection of extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis. Martin A, Imperiale B, Ravolonandriana P, Coban AY, Akgunes A, Ikram A, Satti L, Odoun M, Pandey P, Mishra M, Affolabi D, Singh U, Rasolofo V, Morcillo N, Vandamme P, Palomino JC. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2013 Sep 5.
- Nitrogen Oxyanion Dependent Dissociation of a Two-Component Complex that Regulates Bacterial Nitrate Assimilation. Luque-Almagro VM, Lyall VJ, Ferguson SJ, Roldan MD, Richardson DJ, Gates AJ. J Biol Chem. 2013 Sep 4.
- Do H-bonds explain strong ion aggregation in ethylammonium nitrate + acetonitrile mixtures? Sonnleitner T, Nikitina V, Nazet A, Buchner R. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Sep 4.