|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|C4H16Cl3CoN4||14040-33-6||46240574||166987||MFCD00054234||N/A||cobalt(3+); ethane-1,2-diamine; trichloride||C(CN)N.C(CN)N.[Cl-].[Cl-].[Cl-].[Co+3]||InChI=1S/2C2H8N2.3ClH.Co/c2*3-1-2-4;;;;/h2*1-4H2;3*1H;/q;;;;;+3/p-3||GVMSQWCTZLHSQH-UHFFFAOYSA-K|
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C4H16Cl3CoN4||285.49||Powder, crystals, and chunks||237-239 °C||N/A||N/A||283.97725||283.97725||0||Safety Data Sheet|
trans-Dichlorobis(ethylenediamine)cobalt(III) Chloride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cobalt (atomic symbol: Co, atomic number: 27) is a Block D, Group 9, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.933195. The number of electrons in each of cobalt's shells is 2, 8, 15, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d7 4s2The cobalt atom has a radius of 125 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Cobalt was first discovered by George Brandt in 1732. In its elemental form, cobalt has a lustrous gray appearance. Cobalt is found in cobaltite, erythrite, glaucodot and skutterudite ores. Cobalt produces brilliant blue pigments which have been used since ancient times to color paint and glass. Cobalt is a ferromagnetic metal and is used primarily in the production of magnetic and high-strength superalloys. Co-60, a commercially important radioisotope, is useful as a radioactive tracer and gamma ray source. The origin of the word Cobalt comes from the German word "Kobalt" or "Kobold," which translates as "goblin," "elf" or "evil spirit." For more information on cobalt, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cobalt products, visit the Cobalt Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|TRANS-DICHLOROBIS(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)COBALT(III) CHLORIDE SYNONYMS|
|Trans-Dichlorobis(ethylenediamine)cobalt(1+) chloride; Cobalt(1+), dichlorobis[1,2-ethanediamine-N,N']-, chloride, (OC-6-12)-|
CUSTOMERS FOR TRANS-DICHLOROBIS(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)COBALT(III) CHLORIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Cobalt|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cobalt
- Loss of hypoxia-inducible factor 2 alpha (HIF2Î±) in the lung alveolar epithelium of mice leads to enhanced eosinophilic inflammation in cobalt-induced lung injury. Toxicol Sci. 2013 create date:2013/11/13 | first author:Proper SP
- Does cobalt spot testing of copper items result in false-positive test reactions? Contact Dermatitis. 2013 create date:2013/11/13 | first author:Thyssen JP
- Trace element distribution and mobilization in Scottish soils with particular reference to cobalt, copper and molybdenum. Environ Geochem Health. 1986 create date:1986/03/01 | first author:Berrow ML
- A novel cobalt (I) coordination polymer with mixed thiocyanate and quinoline ligands: Crystal structure, magnetism and luminescent properties. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Li L
- Elaboration of ammonia gas sensors based on electrodeposited polypyrrole-Cobalt phthalocyanine hybrid films. Talanta. 2013 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Patois T
- The Paclitaxel-eluting PTCA-balloon in combination with a cobalt-chromium stent in two different sequences to treat de novo coronary artery lesions: An angiographic follow up study. Indian Heart J. 2013 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Kaul U
- Combined use of HPLC-ICP-MS and microwave-assisted extraction for the determination of cobalt compounds in nutritive supplements. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Yang FY
- Kinematic gait analysis and lactation performance in dairy cows fed a diet supplemented with zinc, manganese, copper and cobalt. Anim Sci J. 2013 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Yamamoto S
- Spectroscopic Elucidation of the Inhibitory Mechanism of Cys(2) His(2) Zinc Finger Transcription Factors by Cobalt(III) Schiff Base Complexes. Chemistry. 2013 create date:2013/11/10 | first author:Heffern MC
- Biosorption of cobalt(II) with sunflower biomass from aqueous solutions in a fixed bed column and neural networks modelling. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2013 create date:2013/11/10 | first author:Oguz E
- Enantioselective Polymerization of Epoxides Using Biaryl-Linked Bimetallic Cobalt Catalysts: A Mechanistic Study. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 create date:2013/11/10 | first author:Ahmed SM
- Redox preparation of mixed-valence cobalt manganese oxide nanostructured materials: highly efficient noble metal-free electrocatalysts for sensing hydrogen peroxide. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/11/08 | first author:Kuo CC
- Theoretical Study of Mononuclear Nickel(I), Nickel(0), Copper(I), and Cobalt(I) Dioxygen Complexes: New Insight into Differences and Similarities in Geometry and Bonding Nature. Inorg Chem. 2013 create date:2013/11/08 | first author:Chen Y
- Cobalt catalysts for the conversion of CO(2) to light hydrocarbons at atmospheric pressure. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/11/06 | first author:Owen RE
- Magnetic and ultrasonic studies on stable cobalt ferrite magnetic nanofluid. Ultrasonics. 2013 create date:2013/11/06 | first author:Nabeel Rashin M
- Growth and micromagnetism of self-assembled epitaxial fcc(111) cobaltÂ dots. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Fruchart O
- Enhancement of the adhesion between cobalt-base alloys and veneer ceramic by application of an oxide dissolving primer. Dent Mater. 2013 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Kohorst P
- The potential application of a Cobalt Chrome Molybdenum femoral stem with functionally graded orthotropic structures manufactured using Laser Melting technologies. Med Hypotheses. 2013 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Hazlehurst KB
- Evora(Â®) chromium-cobalt dual mobility socket: Results at a minimum 10years' follow-up. Orthop Traumatol Surg Res. 2013 create date:2013/11/02 | first author:Leclercq S
- Mixed close packed cobalt molybdenum nitrides as non-noble metal electrocatalysts for the hydrogen evolution reaction. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 create date:2013/11/02 | first author:Cao B
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- Water-solid interactions between amorphous maltodextrins and crystalline sodium chloride. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/10/09 | first author:Ghorab MK.
- Influence of mixing and ultrasound frequency on antisolvent crystallisation of sodium chloride. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Lee J.
- Can zinc(II) ions be doped into the crystal structure of l-proline cadmium chloride monohydrate? Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Cetylpyridinium chloride suppresses gene expression associated with halitosis. Arch Oral Biol. 2013 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Liu J
- Hepatoprotective Effect of Manganese Chloride Against CCl4-Induced Liver Injury in Rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Eidi A
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Wu B
- The effect of ambroxol on chloride transport, CFTR and ENaC in cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cells. Cell Biol Int. 2013 create date:2013/06/15 | first author:Varelogianni G
- Copper(ii) chloride mediated (aza)oxindole synthesis by oxidative coupling of Csp(2)-H and Csp(3)-H centers: substrate scope and DFT study. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Dey C
- Electrochemistry and Spectroelectrochemistry of Europium(III) Chloride in 3LiCl-2KCl from 643 to 1123 K. Anal Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/11 | first author:Schroll CA
- Analysis of xyloglucans by ambient chloride attachment ionization tandem mass spectrometry. Vinueza NR, Gallardo VA, Klimek JF, Carpita NC, Kenttämaa HI. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct 15.
- In vivo biodistribution and synergistic toxicity of silica nanoparticles and cadmium chloride in mice. Guo M, Xu X, Yan X, Wang S, Gao S, Zhu S. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep 15.
- Cholic acid modified N-(2-hydroxy)-propyl-3-trimethylammonium chitosan chloride for superoxide dismutase delivery. Cheng Y, Cai H, Yin B, Yao P. Int J Pharm. 2013 Sep 15
- Convenient syntheses of cyanuric chloride-derived NHC ligands, their Ag(i) and Au(i) complexes and antimicrobial activity. Almalioti F, Macdougall J, Hughes S, Hasson MM, Jenkins RL, Ward BD, Tizzard GJ, Coles SJ, Williams DW, Bamford S, Fallis IA, Dervisi A. Dalton Trans. 2013 Sep 14
- Synthesis, in vitro and in vivo evaluation of new norcantharidin-conjugated hydroxypropyltrimethyl ammonium chloride chitosan derivatives as polymer therapeutics. Xu X, Li Y, Wang F, Lv L, Liu J, Li M, Guo A, Jiang J, Shen Y, Guo S. Int J Pharm. 2013 Sep 10
- Lipid-based intravesical drug delivery systems with controlled release of trospium chloride for the urinary bladder. Haupt M, Thommes M, Heidenreich A, Breitkreutz J. J Control Release. 2013 Sep 10
- Dextran sodium sulfate inhibits the activities of both polymerase and reverse transcriptase: lithium chloride purification, a rapid and efficient technique to purify RNA. Viennois E, Chen F, Laroui H, Baker MT, Merlin D. BMC Res Notes. 2013 Sep 8
- Zingerone Protects Against Stannous Chloride-Induced and Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Oxidative DNA Damage In Vitro. Rajan I, Narayanan N, Rabindran R, Jayasree PR, Manish Kumar PR. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 Sep 5.
- A novel topical formulation containing strontium chloride significantly reduces the intensity and duration of cowhage-induced itch. Papoiu AD, Valdes-Rodriguez R, Nattkemper LA, Chan YH, Hahn GS, Yosipovitch G. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013 Sep 4
- Long-term exposure to benzalkonium chloride disinfectants results in change of microbial community structure and increased antimicrobial resistance. Tandukar M, Oh S, Tezel U, Konstantinidis KT, Pavlostathis SG. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Sep 3
- Assessment of nickel titanium and beta titanium corrosion resistance behavior in fluoride and chloride environments. Kassab EJ, Gomes JP. Angle Orthod. 2013 Sep 8