|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|C4H16Cl3CoN4||14040-33-6||46240574||166987||MFCD00054234||N/A||cobalt(3+); ethane-1,2-diamine; trichloride||C(CN)N.C(CN)N.[Cl-].[Cl-].[Cl-].[Co+3]||InChI=1S/2C2H8N2.3ClH.Co/c2*3-1-2-4;;;;/h2*1-4H2;3*1H;/q;;;;;+3/p-3||GVMSQWCTZLHSQH-UHFFFAOYSA-K|
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C4H16Cl3CoN4||285.49||Powder, crystals, and chunks||237-239 °C||N/A||N/A||283.97725||283.97725||0||Safety Data Sheet|
trans-Dichlorobis(ethylenediamine)cobalt(III) Chloride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cobalt (atomic symbol: Co, atomic number: 27) is a Block D, Group 9, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 58.933195. The number of electrons in each of cobalt's shells is 2, 8, 15, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d7 4s2The cobalt atom has a radius of 125 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Cobalt was first discovered by George Brandt in 1732. In its elemental form, cobalt has a lustrous gray appearance. Cobalt is found in cobaltite, erythrite, glaucodot and skutterudite ores. Cobalt produces brilliant blue pigments which have been used since ancient times to color paint and glass. Cobalt is a ferromagnetic metal and is used primarily in the production of magnetic and high-strength superalloys. Co-60, a commercially important radioisotope, is useful as a radioactive tracer and gamma ray source. The origin of the word Cobalt comes from the German word "Kobalt" or "Kobold," which translates as "goblin," "elf" or "evil spirit." For more information on cobalt, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cobalt products, visit the Cobalt Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|TRANS-DICHLOROBIS(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)COBALT(III) CHLORIDE SYNONYMS|
|Trans-Dichlorobis(ethylenediamine)cobalt(1+) chloride; Cobalt(1+), dichlorobis[1,2-ethanediamine-N,N']-, chloride, (OC-6-12)-|
CUSTOMERS FOR TRANS-DICHLOROBIS(ETHYLENEDIAMINE)COBALT(III) CHLORIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Cobalt|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cobalt
- Cytotoxicity and morphological transforming potential of cobalt nanoparticles, microparticles and ions in Balb/3T3 mouse fibroblasts: an in vitro model. Sabbioni E, Fortaner S, Farina M, Del Torchio R, Olivato I, Petrarca C, Bernardini G, Mariani-Costantini R, Perconti S, Di Giampaolo L, Gornati R, Di Gioacchino M. Nanotoxicology. 2014
- Evaluation of albumin structural modifications through cobalt-albumin binding (CAB) assay. Lee E, Eom JE, Jeon KH, Kim TH, Kim E, Jhon GJ, Kwon Y. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014
- Combined use of HPLC-ICP-MS and microwave-assisted extraction for the determination of cobalt compounds in nutritive supplements. Food Chem. 2014 | first author:Yang FY
- A novel bioelectrochemical sensing platform based on covalently attachment of cobalt phthalocyanine to graphene oxide. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Hosseini H
- Biosorption of cobalt(II) with sunflower biomass from aqueous solutions in a fixed bed column and neural networks modelling. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2014 | first author:Oguz E
- Elaboration of ammonia gas sensors based on electrodeposited polypyrrole-Cobalt phthalocyanine hybrid films. Talanta. 2013 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Patois T Growth and micromagnetism of self-assembled epitaxial fcc(111) cobaltÂ dots. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Fruchart O
- Aptasensor based on the synergistic contributions of chitosan-gold nanoparticles, graphene-gold nanoparticles and multi-walled carbon nanotubes-cobalt phthalocyanine nanocomposites for kanamycin detection. Analyst. 2014 | first author:Sun X
- Nano-aggregates of cobalt nickel oxysulfide as a high-performance electrode material for supercapacitors. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/10/16 | first author:Liu L
- Dielectric properties of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles in ultrathin nanocomposite films. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 create date:2013/10/23 | first author:Alcantara GB
- Cobalt(III) Diazabutadiene Precursors for Metal Deposition: Nanoparticle and Thin Film Growth. Inorg Chem. 2013 create date:2013/11/19 | first author:Pugh T
- Cobalt Fluorocarbenes: Cycloaddition Reactions with Tetrafluoroethylene and Reactivity of the Perfluorometallacyclic Products. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 | first author:Harrison DJ
- Crystal structures of manganese and cobalt dichloride monohydrate and deuteration effects on magnetic behavior. Inorg Chem. 2013 create date:2013/11/21 | first author:Pagola S
- Detection of cobalt in synovial fluid from metal-on-metal hip prosthesis: correlation with the ion haematic level. Biomarkers. 2013 | first author:Beraudi A
- Does cobalt spot testing of copper items result in false-positive test reactions? Contact Dermatitis. 2013 | first author:Thyssen JP
- Enhancement of the adhesion between cobalt-base alloys and veneer ceramic by application of an oxide dissolving primer. Dent Mater. 2013 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Kohorst P
- High frequencies of positive nickel/cobalt patch tests and high sweat nickel concentration in patients with intrinsic atopic dermatitis. J Dermatol Sci. 2013 | first author:Yamaguchi H
- Prosthetic hip-associated cobalt toxicity. J Med Toxicol. 2013 | first author:Pizon AF
- Clinical features, testing, and management of patients with suspected prosthetic hip-associated cobalt toxicity: a systematic review of cases. J Med Toxicol. 2013 | first author:Devlin JJ
- Fabrication of cobalt magnetic nanostructures using atomic force microscope lithography. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 | first author:Chu H
- Performance assessment of femoral knee components made from cobalt-chromium alloy and oxidized zirconium. Knee. 2013 | first author:Brandt JM
Recent Research & Development for Chlorides
- The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Lou H, Liu M, Qu W, Johnson J, Brunson E, Almoazen H. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Water-solid interactions between amorphous maltodextrins and crystalline sodium chloride. Food Chem. 2014 | first author:Ghorab MK.
- Inducible and titratable silencing of Caenorhabditis elegans neurons in vivo with histamine-gated chloride channels - N Pokala, Q Liu, A Gordus… - Proceedings of the …, 2014 - National Acad Sciences.
- Diminution of 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride toxicity on Listeria monocytogenes growth by iron source addition to the culture medium. Junillon T, Flandrois JP. Food Microbiol. 2014 Apr.
- Hepatoprotective Effect of Manganese Chloride Against CCl4-Induced Liver Injury in Rats. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Eidi A.
- Influence of mixing and ultrasound frequency on antisolvent crystallisation of sodium chloride. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/08/21 | first author:Lee J.
- Can zinc(II) ions be doped into the crystal structure of l-proline cadmium chloride monohydrate? Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Copper(ii) chloride mediated (aza)oxindole synthesis by oxidative coupling of Csp(2)-H and Csp(3)-H centers: substrate scope and DFT study. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Dey C
- Cetylpyridinium chloride suppresses gene expression associated with halitosis. Arch Oral Biol. 2013 | first author:Liu J
- Dietary nickel chloride restrains the development of small intestine in broilers. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 | first author:Wu B
- Electrochemistry and Spectroelectrochemistry of Europium(III) Chloride in 3LiCl-2KCl from 643 to 1123 K. Anal Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/11 | first author:Schroll CA
- The effect of ambroxol on chloride transport, CFTR and ENaC in cystic fibrosis airway epithelial cells. Cell Biol Int. 2013 create date:2013/06/15 | first author:Varelogianni G
- In vivo biodistribution and synergistic toxicity of silica nanoparticles and cadmium chloride in mice. Guo M, Xu X, Yan X, Wang S, Gao S, Zhu S. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Analysis of xyloglucans by ambient chloride attachment ionization tandem mass spectrometry. Vinueza NR, Gallardo VA, Klimek JF, Carpita NC, Kenttämaa HI. Carbohydr Polym. 2013 Oct.
- Convenient syntheses of cyanuric chloride-derived NHC ligands, their Ag(i) and Au(i) complexes and antimicrobial activity. Almalioti F, Macdougall J, Hughes S, Hasson MM, Jenkins RL, Ward BD, Tizzard GJ, Coles SJ, Williams DW, Bamford S, Fallis IA, Dervisi A. Dalton Trans. 2013 Sep 14
- Cholic acid modified N-(2-hydroxy)-propyl-3-trimethylammonium chitosan chloride for superoxide dismutase delivery. Cheng Y, Cai H, Yin B, Yao P. Int J Pharm. 2013.
- A novel topical formulation containing strontium chloride significantly reduces the intensity and duration of cowhage-induced itch. Papoiu AD, Valdes-Rodriguez R, Nattkemper LA, Chan YH, Hahn GS, Yosipovitch G. Acta Derm Venereol. 2013 Sep.
- Dextran sodium sulfate inhibits the activities of both polymerase and reverse transcriptase: lithium chloride purification, a rapid and efficient technique to purify RNA. Viennois E, Chen F, Laroui H, Baker MT, Merlin D. BMC Res Notes. 2013.
- Lipid-based intravesical drug delivery systems with controlled release of trospium chloride for the urinary bladder. Haupt M, Thommes M, Heidenreich A, Breitkreutz J. J Control Release.
- Assessment of nickel titanium and beta titanium corrosion resistance behavior in fluoride and chloride environments. Kassab EJ, Gomes JP. Angle Orthod. 2013 Sep.