|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2Cs2O4||353.83||White powder||N/A||N/A||N/A||353.790562||353.790558 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cesium Oxalate is highly insoluble in water and converts to the oxide when heated (calcined). Cesium Oxalate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cesium or Caesium (atomic symbol: Ce, atomic number: 55) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 132.9054519. The number of electrons in each of Cesium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 8, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 6s1. The cesium atom has a radius of 265 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 343 pm. Cesium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It is one of three metals that occur as a liquid at room temperature, the others being mercury and gallium. Cesium's main commercial source is pollucite ore; however, it is also found in beryl, avogadrite, pezzottaite, and londonite. Cesium was discovered by Robert Bunsen and Gustav Kirchhoff in 1860 and first isolated by Carl Setterberg in 1882. In its elemental form, cesium has a silvery gold appearance. The word Cesium originates from the Latin word "caesius," meaning "sky blue," which refers to the vibrant blue lines in its spectrum. For more information on cesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cesium products, visit the Cesium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 2923 8/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CESIUM OXALATE SYNONYMS|
|Oxalic acid cesium salt, Dicesium oxalate, Dicaesium oxalate, Caesium ethanedioate|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cesium
- Uranium and cesium accumulation in bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L. var. vulgaris) and its potential for uranium rhizofiltration. Yang M, Jawitz JW, Lee M. J Environ Radioact. 2015 Feb
- A long-term stability study of Prussian blue: A quality assessment of water content and cesium binding. Mohammad A, Yang Y, Khan MA, Faustino PJ. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014 Nov 6
- Calixarene-Based Fluorescent Sensors for Cesium Cations Containing BODIPY Fluorophore. Depauw A, Kumar N, Ha-Thi MH, Leray I. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Feb 20.
- Selective chemical binding enhances cesium tolerance in plants through inhibition of cesium uptake. Adams E, Chaban V, Khandelia H, Shin R. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 5
- Quantifying annual internal effective 137Cesium dose utilizing direct body-burden measurement and ecological dose modeling. Jelin BA, Sun W, Kravets A, Naboka M, Stepanova EI, Vdovenko VY, Karmaus WJ, Lichosherstov A, Svendsen ER. J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Variation in available cesium concentration with parameters during temperature induced extraction of cesium from soil. Parajuli D, Takahashi A, Tanaka H, Sato M, Fukuda S, Kamimura R, Kawamoto T. J Environ Radioact. 2015 Feb
- Distribution of Radioactive Cesium ((134)Cs plus (137)Cs) in Rice Fractions during Polishing and Cooking. Hachinohe M, Okunishi T, Hagiwara S, Todoriki S, Kawamoto S, Hamamatsu S. J Food Prot. 2015 Mar
- Neurobehavioral effects of concurrent exposure to cesium-137 and paraquat during neonatal development in mice. Heredia L, Bellés M, Llovet MI, Domingo JL, Linares V. Toxicology. 2015 Mar 2
- Depth profiles of radioactive cesium in soil using a scraper plate over a wide area surrounding the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plant, Japan. Matsuda N, Mikami S, Shimoura S, Takahashi J, Nakano M, Shimada K, Uno K, Hagiwara S, Saito K. J Environ Radioact. 2015 Jan
- Mesoscopic structures of vermiculite and weathered biotite clays in suspension with and without cesium ions. Motokawa R, Endo H, Yokoyama S, Ogawa H, Kobayashi T, Suzuki S, Yaita T. Langmuir. 2014 Dec 23
- Nanocrystals of Cesium Lead Halide Perovskites (CsPbX3, X = Cl, Br, and I): Novel Optoelectronic Materials Showing Bright Emission with Wide Color Gamut. Protesescu L, Yakunin S, Bodnarchuk MI, Krieg F, Caputo R, Hendon CH, Yang RX, Walsh A, Kovalenko MV. Nano Lett. 2015 Feb 2.
- Hyperpolarized cesium ions doped in a glass material. Ishikawa K. J Magn Reson. 2014 Oct 17
- Behavior of cesium in municipal solid waste incineration. Oshita K, Aoki H, Fukutani S, Shiota K, Fujimori T, Takaoka M. J Environ Radioact. 2015 Feb 16
- Radioactive fallout cesium in sewage sludge ash produced after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident. Kozai N, Suzuki S, Aoyagi N, Sakamoto F, Ohnuki T. Water Res. 2015 Jan 1
- A novel fluorescent nano-chemosensor for cesium ions based on naphthalene macrocyclic derivative. Azadbakht R, Khanabadi J. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Mar 15
- Enrichment of Cesium and Rubidium in Weathered Micaceous Materials at the Savannah River Site, South Carolina. Zaunbrecher LK, Elliott WC, Wampler JM, Kaplan DI, Perdrial N. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 5.
Recent Research & Development for Oxalates
- The glassy behaviour of poorly crystalline Fe2O3 nanorods obtained by thermal decomposition of ferrous oxalate. Perovic M, Kusigerski V, Mrakovic A, Spasojevic V, Blanusa J, Nikolic V, Schneeweiss O, David B, Pizúrová N. Nanotechnology. 2015 Feb 27
- In vitro and in vivo evidence for oxalate oxidase activity of a germin-like protein from azalea. Sakamoto A, Nishimura T, Miyaki Y, Watanabe S, Takagi H, Izumi S, Shimada H. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 13
- Fasudil prevents calcium oxalate crystal deposit and renal fibrogenesis in glycoxylate-induced nephrolithic mice. Hu H, Chen W, Ding J, Jia M, Yin J, Guo Z. Exp Mol Pathol. 2015 Feb 16.
- The Complexation of Cm(III) with Oxalate in Aqueous Solution at T = 20-90 °C: A Combined TRLFS and Quantum Chemical Study. Skerencak-Frech A, Maiwald M, Trumm M, Froehlich DR, Panak PJ. Inorg Chem. 2015 Feb 16
- Crystal forms of the hydrogen oxalate salt of o-desmethylvenlafaxine. Dichiarante E, Curzi M, Giaffreda SL, Grepioni F, Maini L, Braga D. J Pharm Pharmacol. 2015 Feb 3.
- Aggregation of Calcium Phosphate and Oxalate Phases in the Formation of Renal Stones. Xie B, Halter TJ, Borah BM, Nancollas GH. Cryst Growth Des. 2015 Jan 7
- The use of thiafentanil oxalate and azaperone for reversible immobilisation of African buffalo (Syncerus caffer) within a nature reserve - Short communication. Szabó Z, Venter DJ, Luyt Edu C, Raath C. Acta Vet Hung. 2015 Mar
- Effects of acid-base variables and the role of carbonic anhydrase on oxalate secretion by the mouse intestine in vitro. Whittamore JM, Frost SC, Hatch M. Physiol Rep. 2015 Feb 25
- pH Dependency of sclerotial development and pathogenicity revealed by using genetically defined oxalate-minus mutants of Sclerotinia sclerotiorum. Xu L, Xiang M, White D, Chen W. Environ Microbiol. 2015 Feb 26.
- Two series of reactant's ratio-dependent lanthanide organic frameworks derived from nicotinic acid N-oxide and oxalate: synthesis, crystal structures and luminescence properties. Yu Y, Zhang L, Zhou Y, Zuhra Z. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 24
- Insights into the reaction mechanism of CO oxidative coupling to dimethyl oxalate over palladium: a combined DFT and IR study. Li Q, Zhou Z, Chen R, Sun B, Qiao L, Yao Y, Wu K. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Preventive treatment of calcium oxalate crystal deposition with immortal flowers. Orhan N, Onaran M, ?en ?, I??k Gönül ?, Aslan M. J Ethnopharmacol. 2015 Apr 2
- DETERMINATION OF OXALATE ION DOPANT LEVEL IN POLYPYRROLE USING FT-IR. Miller ET, Benally KJ, GreyEyes SD, McKenzie JT. J Undergrad Chem Res. 2014
- Structure and nonlinear optical property analysis of l-Methioninium Oxalate: A DFT approach. Sheela GE, Manimaran D, Hubert Joe I, Rahim S, Jothy VB. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 14
- Aqueous extract of Costus arabicus inhibits calcium oxalate crystal growth and adhesion to renal epithelial cells. de Cógáin MR, Linnes MP, Lee HJ, Krambeck AE, de Mendonça Uchôa JC, Kim SH, Lieske JC. Urolithiasis. 2015 Feb 5.
- Re: oxalate content of food: a tangled web. Assimos DG. J Urol. 2015 Mar
- Photocatalytic degradation of pentachlorophenol by visible light N-F-TiO2 in the presence of oxalate ions: optimization, modeling, and scavenging studies. Antonopoulou M, Konstantinou I. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 Jan 22.
- Solvent-free synthesis of new inorganic-organic hybrid solids with finely tuned manganese oxalate structures. Luan L, Li J, Yin C, Lin Z, Huang H. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 6.
- Determination of Urine Oxalate Level in Rats with Renal Calcium Oxalate Calculus by High-performance Liquid Chromatography. Cao QS, Ba YM, Luo JH, Dai Q. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2015 Feb 12
- Endoscopic and Histologic Findings in a Cohort of Uric Acid and Calcium Oxalate Stone Formers. Viers BR, Lieske JC, Vrtiska TJ, Herrera Hernandez LP, Vaughan LE, Mehta RA, Bergstralh EJ, Rule AD, Holmes DR 3rd, Krambeck AE. Urology. 2015 Feb 11.