|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Cesium Oxalate||CS-OXL-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C2Cs2O4||353.83||White powder||N/A||N/A||N/A||353.790562||353.790558 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cesium Oxalate is highly insoluble in water and converts to the oxide when heated (calcined). Cesium Oxalate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cesium or Caesium (atomic symbol: Ce, atomic number: 55) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 132.9054519. The number of electrons in each of Cesium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 8, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 6s1. The cesium atom has a radius of 265 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 343 pm. Cesium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It is one of three metals that occur as a liquid at room temperature, the others being mercury and gallium. Cesium's main commercial source is pollucite ore; however, it is also found in beryl, avogadrite, pezzottaite, and londonite. Cesium was discovered by Robert Bunsen and Gustav Kirchhoff in 1860 and first isolated by Carl Setterberg in 1882. In its elemental form, cesium has a silvery gold appearance. The word Cesium originates from the Latin word "caesius," meaning "sky blue," which refers to the vibrant blue lines in its spectrum. For more information on cesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cesium products, visit the Cesium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 2923 8/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CESIUM OXALATE SYNONYMS|
|Oxalic acid cesium salt, Dicesium oxalate, Dicaesium oxalate, Caesium ethanedioate|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cesium
- Cesium and strontium in Black Sea macroalgae. Nonova T, Tosheva Z. J Environ Radioact. 2014.
- Structural, mechanical and electronic properties of 3d transition metal nitrides in cubic zincblende, rocksalt and cesium chloride structures: a first-principles investigation. Liu ZT, Zhou X, Khare SV, Gall D. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 Jan.
- Synthesis and characterization of novel macroporous silica-polymer-calixcrown hybrid supramolecular recognition materials for effective separation of cesium. Xiao C, Zhang A, Chai Z. J Hazard Mater. 2014.
- Influence of the cavity size of water-soluble cryptophanes on their binding properties for cesium and thallium cations. Brotin T, Goncalves S, Berthault P, Cavagnat D, Buffeteau T. J Phys Chem B. 2013 Oct.
- Global searches for microalgae and aquatic plants that can eliminate radioactive cesium, iodine and strontium from the radio-polluted aquatic environment: a bioremediation strategy. Fukuda SY, Iwamoto K, Atsumi M, Yokoyama A, Nakayama T, Ishida KI, Inouye I, Shiraiwa Y. J Plant Res. 2013 Dec.
- The effect of fertilization on cesium concentration of rice grown in a paddy field in Fukushima Prefecture in 2011 and 2012. Ohmori Y, Kajikawa M, Nishida S, Tanaka N, Kobayashi NI, Tanoi K, Furukawa J, Fujiwara T. J Plant Res. 2013 Dec.
- [Biochemical changes in rats under the influence of cesium chloride]. Mel'nykova NM, Iermishev OV. Ukr Biokhim Zh. 2013.
- Effects of accompanying anions on cesium retention and translocation via droplets on soybean leaves. J Environ Radioact. 2013 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Yan D
- Difference in cesium accumulation among rice cultivars grown in the paddy field in Fukushima Prefecture in 2011 and 2012. Ohmori Y, Inui Y, Kajikawa M, Nakata A, Sotta N, Kasai K, Uraguchi S, Tanaka N, Nishida S, Hasegawa T, Sakamoto T, Kawara Y, Aizawa K, Fujita H, Li K, Sawaki N, Oda K, Futagoishi R, Tsusaka T, Takahashi S, Takano J, Wakuta S, Yoshinari A, Uehara M, Takada S, Nagano H, Miwa K, Aibara I, Ojima T, Ebana K, Ishikawa S, Sueyoshi K, Hasegawa H, Mimura T, Mimura M, Kobayashi NI, Furukawa J, Kobayashi D, Okouchi T, Tanoi K, Fujiwara T. J Plant Res. 2013 Dec.
- Enhancement of laser desorption ionization mass spectrometric signals of cesium iodide by elemental sulfur. Kruegel A, Pavlov J, Attygalle AB. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2013 Apr.
- Sensitive and selective detection of cesium via fluorescence quenching. Radaram B, Mako T, Levine M. Dalton Trans. 2013 Dec.
- Thermodynamics and mechanism studies on Electrochemical Removal of Cesium Ions from aqueous solution Wastewater using a Nanoparticle Film of Copper Hexacyanoferrate. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 create date:2013/12/04 | first author:Chen R
- The transfer of radioactive cesium and potassium from rice to sake. Okuda M, Hashiguchi T, Joyo M, Tsukamoto K, Endo M, Matsumaru K, Goto-Yamamoto N, Yamaoka H, Suzuki K, Shimoi H. J Biosci Bioeng. 2013 Sep.
- Direct observation of cesium at the interlayer region in phlogopite mica. Microscopy (Oxf). 2013 create date:2013/12/03 | first author:Okumura T
- Accumulation of Radioactive Cesium Released from Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant in Terrestrial Cyanobacteria Nostoc commune. Microbes Environ. 2013 create date:2013/11/22 | first author:Sasaki H
- Prussian blue caged in alginate/calcium beads as adsorbents for removal of cesium ions from contaminated water. Vipin AK, Hu B, Fugetsu B. J Hazard Mater. 2013 Aug.
- Sugar-Metal Ion Interactions: The Complicated Coordination Structures of Cesium Ion with d-Ribose and myo-Inositol. Inorg Chem. 2013 create date:2013/11/02 | first author:Hu H
- Sensitive and selective detection of cesium via fluorescence quenching. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Radaram B Cesium accumulation of Rhodococcus erythropolis CS98 strain immobilized in hydrogel matrices. J Biosci Bioeng. | first author:Takei T
- Sugar-Metal Ion Interactions: The Complicated Coordination Structures of Cesium Ion with d-Ribose and myo-Inositol. Inorg Chem. 2013 | first author:Hu H
- Carboxylation of alkynylsilanes with carbon dioxide mediated by cesium fluoride in DMSO. Yonemoto-Kobayashi M, Inamoto K, Tanaka Y, Kondo Y. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 Jun.
Recent Research & Development for Oxalates
- Synthesis and spectroscopic characterization of magnesium oxalate nano-crystals. Lakshmi Reddy S, Ravindra Reddy T, Siva Reddy G, Endo T, Frost RL. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Urinary Lithogenic Risk Profile in Recurrent Stone Formers With Hyperoxaluria: A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension)-Style and Low-Oxalate Diets. Noori N, Honarkar E, Goldfarb DS, Kalantar-Zadeh K, Taheri M, Shakhssalim N, Parvin M, Basiri A. Am J Kidney Dis. 2014
- Synthesis, structural and spectroscopic investigations of nanostructured samarium oxalate crystals. Vimal G, Mani KP, Biju PR, Joseph C, Unnikrishnan NV, Ittyachen MA. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Cost-effectiveness of cilostazol, naftidrofuryl oxalate, and pentoxifylline for the treatment of intermittent claudication in people with peripheral arterial disease. Meng Y, Squires H, Stevens JW, Simpson E, Harnan S, Thomas S, Michaels J, Stansby G, O'Donnell ME. Angiology. 2014
- The Gastrointestinal Tract of the White-Throated Woodrat (Neotoma albigula) Harbors Distinct Consortia of Oxalate-Degrading Bacteria. Miller AW, Kohl KD, Dearing MD. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2014
- Antioxidant therapy prevents ethylene glycol-induced renal calcium oxalate crystal deposition in Wistar rats. Naghii MR, Eskandari E, Mofid M, Jafari M, Asadi MH. Int Urol Nephrol. 2014
- Oxalate up-regulates expression of IL-2RÎ² and activates IL-2R signaling in HK-2 cells, a line of human renal epithelial cells. Koul S, Khandrika L, Pshak TJ, Iguchi N, Pal M, Steffan JJ, Koul HK. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014
- Assigning the EPR Fine Structure Parameters of the Mn(II) Centers in Bacillus subtilis Oxalate Decarboxylase by Site-Directed Mutagenesis and DFT/MM Calculations. Campomanes P, Kellett WF, Easthon LM, Ozarowski A, Allen KN, Angerhofer A, Rothlisberger U, Richards NG. J Am Chem Soc. 2014
- Urinary excretion of calcium, magnesium, phosphate, citrate, oxalate, and uric acid by healthy schoolchildren using a 12-h collection protocol. SÃ¡ez-Torres C, Rodrigo D, Grases F, GarcÃa-Raja AM, GÃ³mez C, Lumbreras J, Frontera G. Pediatr Nephrol. 2014
- Self-organization of calcium oxalate by flow-driven precipitation. Bohner B, Schuszter G, Berkesi O, HorvÃ¡th D, TÃ³th A. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Factors contributing to the variation in feline urinary oxalate excretion rate. Dijcker JC, Hagen-Plantinga EA, Everts H, Queau Y, Biourge V, Hendriks WH. J Anim Sci. 2014
- Erythrocyte oxidative stress in patients with calcium oxalate stones correlates with stone size and renal tubular damage. Urology. 2014 create date:2013/12/24 | first author:Ma MC
- Insertion of a Single-Molecule Magnet inside a Ferromagnetic Lattice Based on a 3D Bimetallic Oxalate Network: Towards Molecular Analogues of Permanent Magnets. Clemente-León M, Coronado E, Gómez-García CJ, López-Jordà M, Camón A, Repollés A, Luis F. Chemistry. 2014
- The shift from fluoride/oxalate to acid citrate/fluoride blood collection tubes for glucose testing - The impact upon patient results. Clin Biochem. 2014 create date:2014/01/28 | first author:Norman M
- Malic Acid Supplementation Increases Urinary Citrate Excretion and Urinary pH: Implications for the Potential Treatment of Calcium Oxalate Stone Disease. Rodgers AL, Webber D, de Charmoy R, Jackson GE, Ravenscroft N. J Endourol. 2014
- A new heteroleptic oxalate-based compound: poly[[2-(aminomethyl)pyridine]di-Î¼6-oxalato-chromium(III)potassium(I)]. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2014 create date:2014/01/09 | first author:Kenfack Tsobnang P
- Exposure of Madin-Darby Canine Kidney (MDCK) Cells to Oxalate and Calcium Oxalate Crystals Activates Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate (NADPH)-Oxidase. Urology. 2014 create date:2013/12/24 | first author:Khan A
- Comprehensive physicochemical studies of a new hybrid material: 2-Amino-4-methyl-3-nitropyridinium hydrogen oxalate. Bryndal I, Kucharska E, Wandas M, Lorenc J, Hermanowicz K, Maczka M, Lis T, Marchewka M, Hanuza J. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- Calcium oxalate nephrolithiasis and expression of matrix GLA protein in the kidneys. World J Urol. 2014 create date:2013/03/12 | first author:Khan A
- Influence of acidifying or alkalinizing diets on bone mineral density and urine relative supersaturation with calcium oxalate and struvite in healthy cats. Bartges JW, Kirk CA, Cox SK, Moyers TD. create date:2013/09/27 | first author:Bartges JW.