|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Cesium Sulfate||CS-SAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Cesium Sulfate||CS-SAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Cesium Sulfate||CS-SAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Cesium Sulfate||CS-SAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|N/A||4.243 g/cm3||361.763||361.763||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cesium Sulfate is a moderately water and acid soluble Cesium source for uses compatible with sulfates.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar cells and fuel cells. Cesium Sulfate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. We also produce Cesium Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cesium or Caesium (atomic symbol: Ce, atomic number: 55) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 132.9054519. The number of electrons in each of Cesium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 8, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 6s1. The cesium atom has a radius of 265 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 343 pm. Cesium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It is one of three metals that occur as a liquid at room temperature, the others being mercury and gallium. Cesium's main commercial source is pollucite ore; however, it is also found in beryl, avogadrite, pezzottaite, and londonite. Cesium was discovered by Robert Bunsen and Gustav Kirchhoff in 1860 and first isolated by Carl Setterberg in 1882. In its elemental form, cesium has a silvery gold appearance. The word Cesium originates from the Latin word "caesius," meaning "sky blue," which refers to the vibrant blue lines in its spectrum. For more information on cesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cesium products, visit the Cesium element page.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777, when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CESIUM SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|Caesium sulphate, Dicesium sulfate, Sulfuric acid, dicesium salt|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cesium
- Uranium and cesium accumulation in bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L. var. vulgaris) and its potential for uranium rhizofiltration. Yang M, Jawitz JW, Lee M. J Environ Radioact. 2015 Feb
- A long-term stability study of Prussian blue: A quality assessment of water content and cesium binding. Mohammad A, Yang Y, Khan MA, Faustino PJ. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2014 Nov 6
- Calixarene-Based Fluorescent Sensors for Cesium Cations Containing BODIPY Fluorophore. Depauw A, Kumar N, Ha-Thi MH, Leray I. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Feb 20.
- Selective chemical binding enhances cesium tolerance in plants through inhibition of cesium uptake. Adams E, Chaban V, Khandelia H, Shin R. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 5
- Quantifying annual internal effective 137Cesium dose utilizing direct body-burden measurement and ecological dose modeling. Jelin BA, Sun W, Kravets A, Naboka M, Stepanova EI, Vdovenko VY, Karmaus WJ, Lichosherstov A, Svendsen ER. J Expo Sci Environ Epidemiol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Variation in available cesium concentration with parameters during temperature induced extraction of cesium from soil. Parajuli D, Takahashi A, Tanaka H, Sato M, Fukuda S, Kamimura R, Kawamoto T. J Environ Radioact. 2015 Feb
- Distribution of Radioactive Cesium ((134)Cs plus (137)Cs) in Rice Fractions during Polishing and Cooking. Hachinohe M, Okunishi T, Hagiwara S, Todoriki S, Kawamoto S, Hamamatsu S. J Food Prot. 2015 Mar
- Neurobehavioral effects of concurrent exposure to cesium-137 and paraquat during neonatal development in mice. Heredia L, Bellés M, Llovet MI, Domingo JL, Linares V. Toxicology. 2015 Mar 2
- Depth profiles of radioactive cesium in soil using a scraper plate over a wide area surrounding the Fukushima Dai-ichi Nuclear Power Plant, Japan. Matsuda N, Mikami S, Shimoura S, Takahashi J, Nakano M, Shimada K, Uno K, Hagiwara S, Saito K. J Environ Radioact. 2015 Jan
- Mesoscopic structures of vermiculite and weathered biotite clays in suspension with and without cesium ions. Motokawa R, Endo H, Yokoyama S, Ogawa H, Kobayashi T, Suzuki S, Yaita T. Langmuir. 2014 Dec 23
- Nanocrystals of Cesium Lead Halide Perovskites (CsPbX3, X = Cl, Br, and I): Novel Optoelectronic Materials Showing Bright Emission with Wide Color Gamut. Protesescu L, Yakunin S, Bodnarchuk MI, Krieg F, Caputo R, Hendon CH, Yang RX, Walsh A, Kovalenko MV. Nano Lett. 2015 Feb 2.
- Hyperpolarized cesium ions doped in a glass material. Ishikawa K. J Magn Reson. 2014 Oct 17
- Behavior of cesium in municipal solid waste incineration. Oshita K, Aoki H, Fukutani S, Shiota K, Fujimori T, Takaoka M. J Environ Radioact. 2015 Feb 16
- Radioactive fallout cesium in sewage sludge ash produced after the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear accident. Kozai N, Suzuki S, Aoyagi N, Sakamoto F, Ohnuki T. Water Res. 2015 Jan 1
- A novel fluorescent nano-chemosensor for cesium ions based on naphthalene macrocyclic derivative. Azadbakht R, Khanabadi J. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Mar 15
- Enrichment of Cesium and Rubidium in Weathered Micaceous Materials at the Savannah River Site, South Carolina. Zaunbrecher LK, Elliott WC, Wampler JM, Kaplan DI, Perdrial N. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 5.
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- Antioxidant activity of high sulfate content derivative of ulvan in hyperlipidemic rats. Qi H, Sun Y. Int J Biol Macromol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Acidosis Increases MHC Class II-Restricted Presentation of a Protein Endowed with a pH-Dependent Heparan Sulfate-Binding Ability. Knittel D, Savatier A, Upert G, Lortat-Jacob H, Léonetti M. J Immunol. 2015 Mar 9.
- Pseudoendogenous presence of β-boldenone sulfate and glucuronide in untreated young bulls from the food chain. Chiesa L, Pasquale E, Panseri S, Cannizzo FT, Biolatti B, Pavlovic R, Arioli F. Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess. 2015 Mar 13.
- Hyaluronic acid-chondroitin sulfate: a potential factor to select pure stress urinary incontinence in patients with interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome and mixed incontinence symptoms. Morelli M, Mocciaro R, Venturella R, Albano A, Sacchinelli A, Zullo F. Minerva Ginecol. 2015 Apr
- Strawberry Phytochemicals Inhibit Azoxymethane/Dextran Sodium Sulfate-Induced Colorectal Carcinogenesis in Crj: CD-1 Mice. Shi N, Clinton SK, Liu Z, Wang Y, Riedl KM, Schwartz SJ, Zhang X, Pan Z, Chen T. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 10
- Discrepancies in Composition and Biological Effects of Different Formulations of Chondroitin Sulfate. Martel-Pelletier J, Farran A, Montell E, Vergés J, Pelletier JP. Molecules. 2015 Mar 6
- Amino acid sequence surrounding the chondroitin sulfate attachment site of thrombomodulin regulates chondroitin polymerization. Izumikawa T, Kitagawa H. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015 Mar 12.
- High-Quality Draft Genome Sequence of Desulfovibrio carbinoliphilus FW-101-2B, an Organic Acid-Oxidizing Sulfate-Reducing Bacterium Isolated from Uranium(VI)-Contaminated Groundwater. Ramsay BD, Hwang C, Woo HL, Carroll SL, Lucas S, Han J, Lapidus AL, Cheng JF, Goodwin LA, Pitluck S, Peters L, Chertkov O, Held B, Detter JC, Han CS, Tapia R, Land ML, Hauser LJ, Kyrpides NC, Ivanova NN, Mikhailova N, Pagani I, Woyke T, Arkin AP, Dehal P, Chivian D, Criddle CS, Wu W, Chakraborty R, Hazen TC, Fields MW. Genome Announc. 2015 Mar 12
- Heparan sulfate 6-o-sulfotransferase 3 is involved in bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cell osteogenic differentiation. Zhao S, Deng C, Wang Z, Teng L, Chen J. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- The role of terahertz polariton absorption in the characterization of crystalline iron sulfate hydrates. Ruggiero MT, Bardon T, Strli M, Taday PF, Korter TM. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Heparan sulfate-dependent enhancement of henipavirus infection. Mathieu C, Dhondt KP, Châlons M, Mély S, Raoul H, Negre D, Cosset FL, Gerlier D, Vivès RR, Horvat B. MBio. 2015 Mar 10
- Synthesis of a chondroitin sulfate disaccharide library and a GAG-binding protein interaction analysis. Wakao M, Obata R, Miyachi K, Kaitsubata Y, Kondo T, Sakami C, Suda Y. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2015 Feb 27.
- Stratification of Chondroitin Sulfate Binding Sites in 3D-Model of Bovine Testicular Hyaluronidase and Effective Size of Glycosaminoglycan Coat of the Modified Protein. Maksimenko AV, Turashev AD, Beabealashvili RS. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2015 Mar
- Chondroitin sulfate-E mediates estrogen-induced osteoanabolism. Koike T, Mikami T, Shida M, Habuchi O, Kitagawa H. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 11
- Influence of COD/sulfate ratios on the integrated reactor system for simultaneous removal of carbon, sulfur and nitrogen. Yuan Y, Chen C, Zhao Y, Wang A, Sun D, Huang C, Liang B, Tan W, Xu X, Zhou X, Lee DJ, Ren N. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Polyphenol-rich sorghum brans alter colon microbiota and impact species diversity and species richness after multiple bouts of dextran sodium sulfate-induced colitis. Ritchie LE, Sturino JM, Carroll RJ, Rooney LW, Azcarate-Peril MA, Turner ND. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Jan 14.
- Anaerobic naphthalene degradation by sulfate-reducing Desulfobacteraceae from various anoxic aquifers. Kümmel S, Herbst FA, Bahr A, Duarte M, Pieper DH, Jehmlich N, Seifert J, von Bergen M, Bombach P, Richnow HH, Vogt C. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2015 Mar
- Interaction of the amyloid precursor protein-like protein 1 (APLP1) E2 domain with heparan sulfate involves two distinct binding modes. Dahms SO, Mayer MC, Roeser D, Multhaup G, Than ME. Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr. 2015 Mar 1
- A combination of keratan sulfate digestion and rehabilitation promotes anatomical plasticity after rat spinal cord injury. Ishikawa Y, Imagama S, Ohgomori T, Ishiguro N, Kadomatsu K. Neurosci Lett. 2015 Mar 11.
- Influence of salt type and ionic strength on self-assembly of dextran sulfate-ciprofloxacin nanoplexes. Kutscher M, Cheow WS, Werner V, Lorenz U, Ohlsen K, Meinel L, Hadinoto K, Germershaus O. Int J Pharm. 2015 Mar 12.