|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Cesium Sulfate||CS-SAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Cesium Sulfate||CS-SAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Cesium Sulfate||CS-SAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Cesium Sulfate||CS-SAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|N/A||4.243 g/cm3||361.763||361.763||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Cesium Sulfate is a moderately water and acid soluble Cesium source for uses compatible with sulfates.Sulfate compounds are salts or esters of sulfuric acid formed by replacing one or both of the hydrogens with a metal. Most metal sulfate compounds are readily soluble in water for uses such as water treatment, unlike fluorides and oxides which tend to be insoluble. Organometallic forms are soluble in organic solutions and sometimes in both aqueous and organic solutions. Metallic ions can also be dispersed utilizing suspended or coated nanoparticles (See also application discussion at Nanotechnology Information and at Quantum Dots) and deposited utilizing sputtering targets and evaporation materials for uses such as solar energy materials and fuel cells. Cesium Sulfate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale (See also Nanotechnology Information and Quantum Dots) elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. We also produce Cesium Sulfate Solution. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Cesium or Caesium (atomic symbol: Ce, atomic number: 55) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 132.9054519. The number of electrons in each of Cesium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 8, 1 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 6s1. The cesium atom has a radius of 265 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 343 pm. Cesium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It is one of three metals that occur as a liquid at room temperature, the others being mercury and gallium. Cesium's main commercial source is pollucite ore; however, it is also found in beryl, avogadrite, pezzottaite, and londonite. Cesium was discovered by Robert Bunsen and Gustav Kirchhoff in 1860 and first isolated by Carl Setterberg in 1882. In its elemental form, cesium has a silvery gold appearance. The word Cesium originates from the Latin word "caesius," meaning "sky blue," which refers to the vibrant blue lines in its spectrum. For more information on cesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of cesium products, visit the Cesium Information Center.
Sulfur or Sulphur (atomic symbol: S, atomic number: 16) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 3 element with an atomic radius of 32.066. The number of electrons in each of Sulfur's shells is 2, 8, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ne]3s2 3p4. In its elemental form, sulfur has a light yellow appearance. The sulfur atom has a covalent radius of 105 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 180 pm. In nature, sulfur can be found in hot springs, meteorites, volcanoes, and as galena, gypsum, and epsom salts. Sulfur has been known since ancient times but was not accepted as an element until 1777 when Antoine Lavoisier helped to convince the scientific community that it was an element and not a compound. For more information on sulfur, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sulfur products, visit the Sulfur Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|CESIUM SULFATE SYNONYMS|
|Caesium sulphate, Dicesium sulfate, Sulfuric acid, dicesium salt|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Cesium
- Adsorptive removal of cesium using bio fuel extraction microalgal waste. Inoue K, Gurung M, Adhikari BB, Alam S, Kawakita H, Ohto K, Kurata M, Atsumi K. J Hazard Mater. 2014.
- Selective removal of cesium from aqueous solutions with nickel (II) hexacyanoferrate (III) functionalized agricultural residue-walnut shell. Ding D, Lei Z, Yang Y, Feng C, Zhang Z. J Hazard Mater. 2014.
- Electrochemical assessment of water|ionic liquid biphasic systems towards cesium extraction from nuclear waste. Stockmann TJ, Zhang J, Montgomery AM, Ding Z. Anal Chim Acta. 2014.
- Oxonium Ions Substituting Cesium Ions in the Structure of the New High-Pressure Borate HP-Cs1-x (H3 O)x B3 O5 (x=0.5-0.7). Sohr G, Neumair SC, Heymann G, Wurst K, Schmedt Auf der Günne J, Huppertz H. Chemistry. 2014.
- Cesium and strontium in Black Sea macroalgae. Nonova T, Tosheva Z. J Environ Radioact. 2014.
- Cesium accumulation of Rhodococcus erythropolis CS98 strain immobilized in hydrogel matrices. Takei T, Yamasaki M, Yoshida M. J Biosci Bioeng. 2014.
- Versatile reactivity of Pd-catalysts: mechanistic features of the mono-N-protected amino acid ligand and cesium-halide base in Pd-catalyzed C-H bond functionalization. Musaev DG, Figg TM, Kaledin AL. Chem Soc Rev. 2014.
- Structural, mechanical and electronic properties of 3d transition metal nitrides in cubic zincblende, rocksalt and cesium chloride structures: a first-principles investigation. Liu ZT, Zhou X, Khare SV, Gall D. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 Jan.
- Biosorption behavior and mechanism of cesium-137 on Rhodosporidium fluviale strain UA2 isolated from cesium solution. Lan T, Feng Y, Liao J, Li X, Ding C, Zhang D, Yang J, Zeng J, Yang Y, Tang J, Liu N. J Environ Radioact. 2014.
- Influence of the cavity size of water-soluble cryptophanes on their binding properties for cesium and thallium cations. Brotin T, Goncalves S, Berthault P, Cavagnat D, Buffeteau T. J Phys Chem B.
- A New Cesium Pentaborate with New B10O19 Building Blocks. Jiao A, Yu H, Wu H, Pan S, Zhang X. Inorg Chem. 2014
- Synthesis and characterization of novel macroporous silica-polymer-calixcrown hybrid supramolecular recognition materials for effective separation of cesium. Xiao C, Zhang A, Chai Z. J Hazard Mater. 2014.
- [Biochemical changes in rats under the influence of cesium chloride]. Mel'nykova NM, Iermishev OV. Ukr Biokhim Zh. 2013.
- Global searches for microalgae and aquatic plants that can eliminate radioactive cesium, iodine and strontium from the radio-polluted aquatic environment: a bioremediation strategy. Fukuda SY, Iwamoto K, Atsumi M, Yokoyama A, Nakayama T, Ishida KI, Inouye I, Shiraiwa Y. J Plant Res. 2013 Dec.
- The effect of fertilization on cesium concentration of rice grown in a paddy field in Fukushima Prefecture in 2011 and 2012. Ohmori Y, Kajikawa M, Nishida S, Tanaka N, Kobayashi NI, Tanoi K, Furukawa J, Fujiwara T. J Plant Res. 2013 Dec.
- Effects of accompanying anions on cesium retention and translocation via droplets on soybean leaves. J Environ Radioact. 2013 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Yan D
- Enhancement of laser desorption ionization mass spectrometric signals of cesium iodide by elemental sulfur. Kruegel A, Pavlov J, Attygalle AB. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2013.
- Difference in cesium accumulation among rice cultivars grown in the paddy field in Fukushima Prefecture in 2011 and 2012. Ohmori Y, Inui Y, Kajikawa M, Nakata A, Sotta N, Kasai K, Uraguchi S, Tanaka N, Nishida S, Hasegawa T, Sakamoto T, Kawara Y, Aizawa K, Fujita H, Li K, Sawaki N, Oda K, Futagoishi R, Tsusaka T, Takahashi S, Takano J, Wakuta S, Yoshinari A, Uehara M, Takada S, Nagano H, Miwa K, Aibara I, Ojima T, Ebana K, Ishikawa S, Sueyoshi K, Hasegawa H, Mimura T, Mimura M, Kobayashi NI, Furukawa J, Kobayashi D, Okouchi T, Tanoi K, Fujiwara T. J Plant Res. 2013 Dec.
- The transfer of radioactive cesium and potassium from rice to sake. Okuda M, Hashiguchi T, Joyo M, Tsukamoto K, Endo M, Matsumaru K, Goto-Yamamoto N, Yamaoka H, Suzuki K, Shimoi H. J Biosci Bioeng. 2013.
- Sensitive and selective detection of cesium via fluorescence quenching. Radaram B, Mako T, Levine M. Dalton Trans.
Recent Research & Development for Sulfates
- The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Lou H, Liu M, Qu W, Johnson J, Brunson E, Almoazen H. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Facile synthesis of calcium silicate hydrate using sodium dodecyl sulfate as a surfactant assisted by ultrasonic irradiation. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 | first author:Mehrali M
- Mucoadhesive polyethylenimine-dextran sulfate nanoparticles containing Punica granatum peel extract as a novel sustained-release antimicrobial. Tiyaboonchai, I Rodleang… Pharmaceutical… 2014.
- Reinvestigation of growth of thiourea urea zinc sulfate crystal. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Srinivasan BR
- Effects of arsenate, chromate, and sulfate on arsenic and chromium uptake and translocation by arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. Environ Pollut. 2014 | first author:de Oliveira LM
- A biomimetic extracellular matrix for cartilage tissue engineering centered on photocurable gelatin, hyaluronic acid and chondroitin sulfate. Acta Biomater. 2014 | first author:Levett PA
- The effects of fuel composition and ammonium sulfate addition on PCDD, PCDF, PCN and PCB concentrations during the combustion of biomass and paper production residuals. Chemosphere. 2014 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Lundin L
- Plant growth responses to inorganic environmental contaminants are density-dependent: Experiments with copper sulfate, barley and lettuce. Environ Pollut. 2014 create date:2013/10/15 | first author:Hansi M
- Detection of Chondroitin Sulfate Proteoglycan 4 (CSPG4) in Melanoma. Methods Mol Biol. 2014 | first author:Wang Y
- Improving sodium dodecyl sulfate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis detection of low-abundance protein samples by rapid freeze centrifugation. Anal Biochem. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Virgen-OrtÃz JJ
- Three complementary techniques for the clarification of temperature effect on low-density lipoprotein-chondroitin-6-sulfate interaction. Anal Biochem. 2013 | first author:Cilpa-Karhu G
- Biological sulfate removal from gypsum contaminated construction and demolition debris. J Environ Manage. 2013 | first author:Kijjanapanich P
- Dietary red meat aggravates dextran sulfate sodium-induced colitis in mice whereas resistant starch attenuates inflammation. Dig Dis Sci. 2013 | first author:Le Leu RK
- Luminescence response of an osmium(II) complex to macromolecular polyanions for the detection of heparin and chondroitin sulfate in biomedical preparations. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 | first author:Wu H
- Novel family of insect salivary inhibitors blocks contact pathway activation by binding to polyphosphate, heparin, and dextran sulfate. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013 | first author:Alvarenga PH
- Effects of copper sulfate on growth and physiological responses of Limoniastrum monopetalum. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 | first author:CambrollÃ J
- Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate mediates activation of transcription factors CREB and ATF-1 via a GÎ±11-coupled receptor in the spermatogenic cell line GC-2. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 | first author:Shihan M
- Effect of salt additives on protein partition in polyethylene glycol-sodium sulfate aqueous two-phase systems. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2013 create date:2013/08/08 | first author:Ferreira L
- A kinetic study on bacterial sulfate reduction. Bioprocess Biosyst Eng. 2013 | first author:Bernardez LA
- Perchlorate reduction from a highly contaminated groundwater in the presence of sulfate-reducing bacteria in a hydrogen-fed biofilm. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2013 | first author:Ontiveros-Valencia A