|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Copper Hydride||CU-HID-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Copper Hydride||CU-HID-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Copper Hydride||CU-HID-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Copper Hydride||CU-HID-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|HCu||64.55||N/A||N/A||N/A||63.937428 Da||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Copper Hydride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Hydride compounds are used often used as portable sources of hydrogen gas.American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Copper (atomic symbol: Cu, atomic number: 29) is a Block D, Group 11, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 63.546. The number of electrons in each of copper's shells is 2, 8, 18, 1 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s1. The copper atom has a radius of 128 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 186 pm. Copper was first discovered by Early Man prior to 9000 BC. In its elemental form, copper has a red-orange metallic luster appearance. Of all pure metals, only silver has a higher electrical conductivity.The origin of the word copper comes from the Latin word 'cuprium' which translates as "metal of Cyprus." Cyprus, a Mediterranean island, was known as an ancient source of mined copper. For more information on copper, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of copper products, visit the Copper element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1294 3/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|COPPER HYDRIDE SYNONYMS|
|Hydridocopper, copper(I) hydride, (BDP)Cu(H) Copper monohydride Cuprous hydride Stryker's Reagent|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Copper
- Disulfiram (DSF) acts as a copper ionophore to induce copper-dependent oxidative stress and mediate anti-tumor efficacy in inflammatory breast cancer. Allensworth JL, Evans MK, Bertucci F, Aldrich AJ, Festa RA, Finetti P, Ueno NT, Safi R, McDonnell DP, Thiele DJ, Van Laere S, Devi GR. Mol Oncol. 2015 Feb 21.
- Aerosol assisted CVD grown WO3 nanoneedles decorated with copper oxide nanoparticles for the selective and humidity resilient detection of H2S. Annanouch FE, Haddi Z, Vallejos S, Umek P, Guttmann P, Bittencourt C, Llobet E. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- Enhanced Photoelectrocatalytic Decomposition of Copper Cyanide Complexes and Simultaneous Recovery of Copper with Bi2MoO6 Electrode under Visible Light by EDTA/K4P2O7. Zhao X, Zhang J, Qiao M, Liu H, Qu J. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Copper-mediated ortho C-H sulfonylation of benzoic acid derivatives with sodium sulfinates. Liu J, Yu L, Zhuang S, Gui Q, Chen X, Wang W, Tan Z. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 13.
- Comparative toxicity of copper nanoparticles across three Lemnaceae species. Song L, Vijver MG, Peijnenburg WJ. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 9
- Association of structural modifications with bioactivity in three new copper(II) complexes of Schiff base ligands derived from 5-chlorosalicylaldehyde and amino acids. Li A, Liu YH, Yuan LZ, Ma ZY, Zhao CL, Xie CZ, Bao WG, Xu JY. J Inorg Biochem. 2015 Mar 2
- Sequential recovery of copper and nickel from wastewater without net energy input. Cai WF, Fang XW, Xu MX, Liu XH, Wang YH. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Copper-Catalyzed Selective Arylations of Benzoxazoles with Aryl Iodides. Kim D, Yoo K, Kim SE, Cho HJ, Lee J, Kim Y, Kim M. J Org Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Copper(i)-catalyzed heteroannulation of fullerene with ketoxime acetates: preparation of novel 1-fulleropyrrolines. Jiang SP, Su YT, Liu KQ, Wu QH, Wang GW. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 13.
- Suppressing Bacterial Interaction with Copper Surfaces through Graphene and Hexagonal-Boron Nitride Coatings. Parra C, Montero-Silva F, Henriquez R, Flores M, Garin C, Ramirez C, Moreno M, Correa J, Seeger M, Häberle P. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- A dual radiolabelling approach for tracking metal complexes: investigating the speciation of copper bis(thiosemicarbazonates) in vitro and in vivo. Hueting R, Kersemans V, Tredwell M, Cornelissen B, Christlieb M, Gee AD, Passchier J, Smart SC, Gouverneur V, Muschel RJ, Dilworth JR. Metallomics. 2015 Mar 13.
- Effects of copper and lead exposure on the ecophysiology of the brown seaweed Sargassum cymosum. Costa GB, de Felix MR, Simioni C, Ramlov F, Oliveira ER, Pereira DT, Maraschin M, Chow F, Horta PA, Lalau CM, da Costa CH, Matias WG, Bouzon ZL, Schmidt ÉC. Protoplasma. 2015 Mar 15.
- Transcriptional and biochemical markers in transplanted Perca flavescens to characterize cadmium- and copper-induced oxidative stress in the field. Defo MA, Bernatchez L, Campbell PG, Couture P. Aquat Toxicol. 2015 Feb 21
- The size, but not the fluctuating asymmetry of the leaf, of silver birch changes under the gradient influence of emissions of the Karabash Copper Smelter Plant. Koroteeva EV, Veselkin DV, Kuyantseva NB, Chashchina OE. Dokl Biol Sci. 2015 Jan
- Adsorption of copper on tri-amino-functionalized mesoporous delta manganese dioxide from aqueous solution. Zhai Y, Xu X, Wang H, Shi X, Lei D. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- ZnII (atsm) is protective in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis model mice via a copper delivery mechanism. McAllum EJ, Roberts BR, Hickey JL, Dang TN, Grubman A, Donnelly PS, Liddell JR, White AR, Crouch PJ. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 Mar 10.
- A highly sensitive fluorescence probe for metallothioneins based on tiron-copper complex. Xiao X, Xue J, Liao L, Huang M, Zhou B, He B. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 18
- Comparison of the capacity of two biotic ligand models to predict chronic copper toxicity to two Daphnia magna clones and formulation of a generalized bioavailability model. Van Regenmortel T, Janssen CR, De Schamphelaere KA. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Redox-activity and self-organization of iron-porphyrin monolayers at a copper/electrolyte interface. Phan TH, Wandelt K. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14
- Copper-catalyzed aerobic oxidative cleavage of C-C bonds in epoxides leading to aryl nitriles and aryl aldehydes. Gu L, Jin C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.
Recent Research & Development for Hydrides
- Subporphyrins: Hydride enters the ring. Pichon A. Nat Chem. 2015 Feb 20
- Insights into the origin of the separation selectivity with silica hydride adsorbents. Kulsing C, Nolvachai Y, Marriott PJ, Boysen RI, Matyska MT, Pesek JJ, Hearn MT. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Feb 19
- Ruthenium-Catalyzed C?C Coupling of Fluorinated Alcohols with Allenes: Dehydrogenation at the Energetic Limit of β-Hydride Elimination. Sam B, Luong T, Krische MJ. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 10.
- Exploring σ-hole bonding in XH3Si···HMY (X=H, F, CN
- The free-energy barrier to hydride transfer across a dipalladium complex. Vanston CR, Kearley GJ, Edwards AJ, Darwish TA, de Souza NR, Ramirez-Cuesta AJ, Gardiner MG. Faraday Discuss. 2015 Feb 5.
- True Boundary for the Formation of Homoleptic Transition-Metal Hydride Complexes. Takagi S, Iijima Y, Sato T, Saitoh H, Ikeda K, Otomo T, Miwa K, Ikeshoji T, Aoki K, Orimo SI. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 13.
- Reactions of phenylacetylene with nickel POCOP-pincer hydride complexes resulting in different outcomes from their palladium analogues. Wilson GL, Abraha M, Krause JA, Guan H. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Mechanisms of Reactions of Sulfur Hydride Hydroxide: Tautomerism, Condensations, and C-Sulfenylation and O-Sulfenylation of 2,4-Pentanedione. Freeman F. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 12.
- Improvement in thallium hydride generation using iodide and Rhodamine B. Picón D, Carrero P, Valero M, de Peña YP, Gutiérrez L. Talanta. 2015 May
- A pyrazolate-stabilized sodium hydride complex. Stasch A. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10
- The Unexpected Mechanism Underlying the High-Valent Mono-Oxo-Rhenium(V) Hydride Catalyzed Hydrosilylation of C?N Functionalities: Insights from a DFT Study. Wang J, Wang W, Huang L, Yang X, Wei H. Chemphyschem. 2015 Feb 20.
- Transition-Metal-Free Coupling Reaction of Vinylcyclopropanes with Aldehydes Catalyzed by Tin Hydride. Ieki R, Kani Y, Tsunoi S, Shibata I. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 5.
- Predicting the reactivity of hydride donors in water: thermodynamic constants for hydrogen. Connelly SJ, Wiedner ES, Appel AM. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 20.
- Discrete Magnesium Hydride Aggregates: A Cationic Mg13 H18 Cluster Stabilized by NNNN-Type Macrocycles. Martin D, Beckerle K, Schnitzler S, Spaniol TP, Maron L, Okuda J. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Feb 4.
- On the coupling of hydride generation with atmospheric pressure glow discharge in contact with the flowing liquid cathode for the determination of arsenic, antimony and selenium with optical emission spectrometry. Greda K, Jamroz P, Jedryczko D, Pohl P. Talanta. 2015 May
- Hydride-Induced Anionic Cyclization: An Efficient Method for the Synthesis of 6-H-Phenanthridines via a Transition-Metal-Free Process. Chen WL, Chen CY, Chen YF, Hsieh JC. Org Lett. 2015 Mar 12.
- Hylleraas hydride binding energy: diatomic electron affinities. Chen ES, Keith H, Lim T, Pham D, Rosenthal R, Herder C, Pai S, Flores RA, Chen EC. J Mol Model. 2015 Apr
- Reversible metal-hydride phase transformation in epitaxial films. Roytburd AL, Boyerinas BM, Bruck HA. J Phys Condens Matter. 2015 Mar 11
- Thermodynamically neutral Kubas-type hydrogen storage using amorphous Cr(iii) alkyl hydride gels. Morris L, Trudeau ML, Reed D, Book D, Antonelli DM. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 13.
- Synthesis and Characterization of a Cu14 Hydride Cluster Supported by Neutral Donor Ligands. Nguyen TA, Goldsmith BR, Zaman HT, Wu G, Peters B, Hayton TW. Chemistry. 2015 Feb 20.