|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Copper Hydride||CU-HID-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Copper Hydride||CU-HID-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Copper Hydride||CU-HID-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Copper Hydride||CU-HID-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|HCu||64.55||N/A||N/A||N/A||63.937428 Da||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Copper Hydride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Hydride compounds are used often used as portable sources of hydrogen gas.American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Copper is a Block D, Group 11, Period 4 element. The number of electrons in each of Copper's shells is 2, 8, 18, 1 and its electronic configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s1. In its elemental form copper's CAS number is 7440-50-8. The copper atom has a radius of 127.8 .pm and its Van der Waals radius is 140.pm. Copper is an essential trace element in animals and plants, but in excess copper is toxic. Due to its high electrical conductivity, large amounts of copper are used by the electrical industry for wire. Of all pure metals, only silver has a higher electrical conductivity. Recent research reveals that diluted magnetic semiconductors can be produced using Copper. Copper is also resistant to corrosion caused by moisture, making it a widely used material in pipes, coins, and jewelry. Copper is often too soft for its applications, so it is incorporated in numerous alloys. For example, brass is a copper-zinc alloy, and bronze is a copper-tin alloy. Copper sulfate (CuSO4· H2O), also known as blue vitrol, is the most well-known copper compound. It is used as an agricultural poison, an algicide, and as a pigment for inks. Cuprous chloride (CuCl) is a powder used to absorb carbon dioxide (CO2). Copper cyanide (CuCN) is often used in electroplating applications. Copper is available as metal and compounds with purities from 99% to 99.9999% (ACS grade to ultra-high purity); metals in the form of foil, sputtering target, and rod, and compounds as submicron and nanopowder. Copper was first discovered by Early Man. The origin of the word copper comes from the Latin word 'cuprium' which translates as "metal of Cyprus". Cyprus, a Mediterranean island, was known as an ancient source of mined copper. See Copper research below.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1294 3/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|COPPER HYDRIDE SYNONYMS|
|Hydridocopper, copper(I) hydride, (BDP)Cu(H) Copper monohydride Cuprous hydride Stryker's Reagent|
CUSTOMERS FOR COPPER HYDRIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Copper|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Copper
- Copper-Catalyzed Trifluoromethylation-Initiated Radical 1,2-Aryl Migration in a,a-Diaryl Allylic Alcohols. Liu X, Xiong F, Huang X, Xu L, Li P, Wu X. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 May 27. doi: 10.1002/anie.201302673.
- Tailoring Copper Oxide Semiconductor Nanorod Arrays for Photoelectrochemical Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to Methanol. Rajeshwar K, de Tacconi NR, Ghadimkhani G, Chanmanee W, Janáky C. Chemphyschem. 2013 May 24. doi: 10.1002/cphc.201300080.
- Recovery after copper-deficiency myeloneuropathy in Wilson's disease. Teodoro T, Neutel D, Lobo P, Geraldo AF, Conceição I, Rosa MM, Albuquerque L, Ferreira JJ. J Neurol. 2013 May 28.
- Two copper complexes from two novel naphthalene-sulfonyl-triazole ligands: Different nuclearity and different DNA binding and cleavage capabilities. Hernández-Gil J, Ferrer S, Cabedo N, López-Gresa MP, Castiñeiras A, Lloret F. J Inorg Biochem. 2013 Apr 24;125C:50-63. doi: 10.1016/j.jinorgbio.2013.04.007.
- Copper ultrastructural localization, subcellular distribution, and phytotoxicity in Hydrilla verticillata (L.f.) Royle. Xu Q, Qiu H, Chu W, Fu Y, Cai S, Min H, Sha S. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 May 26.
- Stabilization of lead and copper contaminated firing range soil using calcined oyster shells and fly ash. Moon DH, Park JW, Cheong KH, Hyun S, Koutsospyros A, Park JH, Ok YS. Environ Geochem Health. 2013 May 26.
- Efficacy of copper-silver ionization for controlling fungal colonization in water distribution systems. Chen CH, Lin LC, Chang YJ, Liu CE, Soon MS, Huang CS. J Water Health. 2013 Jun;11(2):277-80. doi: 10.2166/wh.2013.139.
- Microwave plasma-atomic emission spectroscopy as a tool for the determination of copper, iron, manganese and zinc in animal feed and fertilizer. Li W, Simmons P, Shrader D, Herrman TJ, Dai SY. Talanta. 2013 Aug 15;112:43-8. doi: 10.1016/j.talanta.2013.03.029.
- Colorimetric sensing of copper(II) based on catalytic etching of gold nanoparticles. Liu R, Chen Z, Wang S, Qu C, Chen L, Wang Z. Talanta. 2013 Aug 15;112:37-42. doi: 10.1016/j.talanta.2013.01.065.
- Hemocompatible and antibacterial porous membranes with heparinized copper hydroxide nanofibers as separation layer. Zhu LJ, Zhu LP, Yi Z, Jiang JH, Zhu BK, Xu YY. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2013 Apr 28;110C:36-44. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2013.04.020.
- Effect of copper exposure on GST activity and on the expression of four GSTs under oxidative stress condition in the monogonont rotifer, Brachionus koreanus. Han J, Won EJ, Hwang DS, Rhee JS, Lee JS. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2013 May 21. doi:pii: S1532-0456(13)00056-2. 10.1016/j.cbpc.2013.05.006.
- Preferential colonization and release of Legionella pneumophila from mature drinking water biofilms grown on copper versus unplasticized polyvinylchloride coupons. Buse HY, Lu J, Struewing IT, Ashbolt NJ. Int J Hyg Environ Health. 2013 Apr 27. doi:pii: S1438-4639(13)00059-X. 10.1016/j.ijheh.2013.04.005.
- Copper Chalcogenide Clusters Stabilized with Ferrocene-Based Diphosphine Ligands. Khadka CB, Najafabadi BK, Hesari M, Workentin MS, Corrigan JF. Inorg Chem. 2013 May 24.
- Copper(II)-Mediated Synthesis of Indolequinones from Bromoquinones and Enamines. Inman M, Moody CJ. European J Org Chem. 2013 Apr;2013(11):2179-2187.
- Superoxide scavenging effects of some novel bis-ligands and their solvated metal complexes prepared by the reaction of ligands with aluminum, copper and lanthanum ions. Kobayashi S, Kanai S. Molecules. 2013 May 23;18(6):6128-41. doi: 10.3390/molecules18066128.
- Stereochemical outcome of copper-catalyzed C-H insertion reactions. An experimental and theoretical study. Jimenez-Oses G, Vispe E, Roldan M, Rodríguez-Rodríguez S, Lopez-Ram-de-Viu P, Salvatella L, Mayoral JA, Fraile JM. J Org Chem. 2013 May 23.
- Galvanic zinc-copper microparticles inhibit melanogenesis via multiple pigmentary pathways. Won YK, Lin CB, Seiberg M, Chen N, Hu Y, Rossetti D, Saliou C, Loy CJ. Arch Dermatol Res. 2013 May 23.
- A New Family of Nucleophiles for Photoinduced, Copper-Catalyzed Cross-Couplings via Single-Electron Transfer: Reactions of Thiols with Aryl Halides Under Mild Conditions (0 °C). Uyeda C, Tan Y, Fu GC, Peters JC. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 May 23.
- Toxicity of Copper Sulfate to Flavobacterium psychrophilum and Rainbow Trout Eggs. Wagner EJ, Oplinger RW. J Aquat Anim Health. 2013 Jun;25(2):125-30. doi: 10.1080/08997659.2013.788580.
- Copper Toxicosis in New Zealand White Rabbits (Oryctolagus cuniculus). Ramirez CJ, Kim DY, Hanks BC, Evans TJ. Vet Pathol. 2013 May 22.
Recent Research & Development for Hydrides
- Bent thorocene complexes with the cyanide, azide and hydride ligands. Hervé A, Garin N, Thuéry P, Ephritikhine M, Berthet JC. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Jun 5.
- Surface hydride on titanium by cathodic polarization promotes human gingival fibroblast growth. Xing R, Salou L, Taxt-Lamolle S, Reseland JE, Lyngstadaas SP, Haugen HJ. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013 Jun 3. doi: 10.1002/jbm.a.34819.
- Heterometallic Derivatives of the Unsaturated Ditungsten Hydride [W2(?5-C5H5)2(H)(µ-PCy2)(CO)2]. Alvarez MA, García ME, Ruiz MA, Toyos A, Vega MF. Inorg Chem. 2013 Jun 3.
- Evaluation of silica hydride-based stationary phases for the analysis of drugs of abuse. Pesek JJ, Matyska MT, Kim AM. J Sep Sci. 2013 May 28. doi: 10.1002/jssc.201300377.
- Determination of trace amounts of Se(IV) by hydride generation atomic fluorescence spectrometry after solid-phase extraction using magnetic multi-walled carbon nanotubes. Wang Y, Xie J, Wu Y, Hu X, Yang C, Xu Q. Talanta. 2013 Aug 15;112:123-8. doi: 10.1016/j.talanta.2013.03.014.
- [Determinatoin of trace mercury in sludge samples by hydride generation-atomic fluorescence spectrometry]. Wang YY, Shi ZQ, Zhang B. Guang Pu Xue Yu Guang Pu Fen Xi. 2013 Mar;33(3):826-8.
- Theoretical Study of Reactivity of Ge(II)-hydride Compound: Comparison with Rh(I)-hydride Complex and Prediction of Full Catalytic Cycle by Ge(II)-hydride. Takagi N, Sakaki S. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 May 23.
- Comparative oxidation state specific analysis of arsenic species by high-performance liquid chromatography-inductively coupled plasma-mass spectrometry and hydride generation-cryotrapping-atomic absorption spectrometry. Currier J, Saunders RJ, Ding L, Bodnar W, Cable P, Matoušek T, Creed JT, Stýblo M. J Anal At Spectrom. 2013 Jun 1;28(6):843-852.
- Investigation of NADH Binding, Hydride Transfer, and NAD+ Dissociation during NADH Oxidation by Mitochondrial Complex I Using Modified Nicotinamide Nucleotides. Birrell JA, Hirst J. Biochemistry. 2013 May 30.
- Electrogenerated polypyridyl ruthenium hydride and ligand activation for water reduction to hydrogen and acetone to iso-propanol. Chen Z, Glasson CR, Holland PL, Meyer TJ. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 May 29;15(24):9503-7. doi: 10.1039/c3cp51946e.
- Reducing the dehydrogenation temperature of lithium hydride through alloying with germanium. Abbas MA, Grant DM, Brunelli M, Hansen TC, Walker GS. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 May 15.
- Unusual Structure, Fluxionality, and Reaction Mechanism of Carbonyl Hydrosilylation by Silyl Hydride Complex [(ArN?)Mo(H)(SiH2 Ph)(PMe3 )3 ]. Khalimon AY, Ignatov SK, Okhapkin AI, Simionescu R, Kuzmina LG, Howard JA, Nikonov GI. Chemistry. 2013 May 13. doi: 10.1002/chem.201300376.
- Identifying Intermediates of Sequential Electron and Hydrogen Loss from a Dicarbonylcobalt Hydride Complex. Krafft MJ, Bubrin M, Paretzki A, Lissner F, Fiedler J, Záliš S, Kaim W. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 May 10. doi: 10.1002/anie.201301706.
- Palladium or palladium hydride nanoparticles synthesized by laser ablation of a bulk palladium target in liquids. Semaltianos NG, Petkov P, Scholz S, Guetaz L. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Jul 15;402:307-11. doi: 10.1016/j.jcis.2013.03.062.
- Well-Defined Molecular Magnesium Hydride Clusters: Relationship between Size and Hydrogen-Elimination Temperature. Intemann J, Spielmann J, Sirsch P, Harder S. Chemistry. 2013 May 9. doi: 10.1002/chem.201300684.
- Reduced enthalpy of metal hydride formation for mg-ti nanocomposites produced by spark discharge generation. Anastasopol A, Pfeiffer TV, Middelkoop J, Lafont U, Canales-Perez RJ, Schmidt-Ott A, Mulder FM, Eijt SW. J Am Chem Soc. 2013 May 29;135(21):7891-900. doi: 10.1021/ja3123416.
- Core hole screening and decay rates of double core ionized first row hydrides. Inhester L, Groenhof G, Grubmu¨ller H. J Chem Phys. 2013 Apr 28;138(16):164304.
- Highly Selective ß-Hydride Elimination in Pd-Catalyzed Decarboxylative Heck-Type Reaction. Huang L, Qi J, Wu X, Huang K, Jiang H. Org Lett. 2013 Apr 26.
- Computational modeling of the direct hydride transfer mechanism for the MAO catalyzed oxidation of phenethylamine and benzylamine: ONIOM (QM/QM) calculations. Akyüz MA, Erdem SS. J Neural Transm. 2013 Jun;120(6):937-45. doi: 10.1007/s00702-013-1027-8.
- Interface of on line coupling capillary electrophoresis with hydride generation electrothermal atomic absorption spectrometry and its application to arsenic speciation in sediment. Deng B, Qin X, Xiao Y, Wang Y, Yin H, Xu X, Shen C. Talanta. 2013 May 15;109:128-32. doi: 10.1016/j.talanta.2013.01.059.
Proud Sponsors of the International Conference on Diamond & Carbon
Materials. Please join us and our customers and co-sponsors Thermo
Scientific and Element Six on September 2, 2013 in Riva del Garda, Italy.