|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Erbium Boride Powder||ER-BO-05-P||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Erbium Boride Ingot||ER-BO-05-I||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Erbium Boride Chunk||ER-BO-05-CK||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Erbium Boride Sputtering Target||ER-BO-05-ST||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Erbium Boride Lump||ER-BO-05-L||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|B4Er||210.503||Gray to black powder or crystals||2450 °C||N/A||7 g/cm3||N/A||N/A||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Erbium Boride is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Borides are hard, high-melting materials with metal-like conductivity. They are stable to nonoxidizing acids but break down in strong oxidizing agents and strong alkalis. Borides are used in semiconductors, superconductors, diamagnetic, paramagnetic, ferromagnetic, anti-ferromagnetic, turbine blades, and rocket nozzles. Borides have recently been discovered to be superconductive and ultra-incompressible. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Erbium (atomic symbol: Er, atomic number: 68) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic radius of 167.259. The number of electrons in each of Erbium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 30, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe]4f12 6s2. The erbium atom has a radius of 176 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 235 pm. Erbium was discovered by Carl Mosander in 1843. Sources of Erbium include the mineral monazite and sand ores. Erbium is a member of the lanthanide or rare earth series of elements. In its elemental form, erbium is soft and malleable; it is fairly stable in air and does not oxidize as rapidly as some of the other rare earth metals. Erbiums ions fluoresce in a bright pink color, making them highly useful for imaging and optical applications. It is named after the Swedish town, Ytterby where it was first discovered. For more information on Erbium, including properties, satefy data, research, and American Elements' catalog of Erbium products, visit the Erbium element page.
Boron (atomic symbol: B, atomic number: 5) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 10.81. The number of electrons in each of boron's shells is 2, 3 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p1. The boron atom has a radius of 90 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 192 pm. Boron was discovered by Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac and Louis Jacques Thénard in 1808. It was first isolated by Humphry Davy, also in 1808. Boron is classified as a metalloid is not found naturally on earth. Along with carbon and nitrogen, boron is one of the few elements in the periodic table known to form stable compounds featuring triple bonds. Boron has an energy band gap of 1.50 to 1.56 eV, which is higher than that of either silicon or germanium. Boron is found in borates, borax, boric acid, colemanite, kernite, and ulexite.The name Boron originates from a combination of carbon and the Arabic word buraqu meaning borax. For more information on boron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of boron products, visit the Boron element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|ERBIUM BORIDE SYNONYMS|
|Erbium tetraboride , Erbium boride (ErB4), (T-4)-|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Erbium
- Selection of energy optimized pump concepts for multi core and multi mode erbium doped fiber amplifiers. Krummrich PM, Akhtari S. Opt Express. 2014 Dec 1
- All-optical logical gates based on pump-induced resonant nonlinearity in an erbium-doped fiber coupler. Li Q, Zhang Z, Li D, Zhu M, Tang X, Li S. Appl Opt. 2014 Dec 1
- Is erbium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser versus conventional rotary osteotomy better in the postoperative period for lower third molar surgery? Randomized split-mouth clinical study. Romeo U, Libotte F, Palaia G, Tenore G, Galanakis A, Annibali S. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015 Feb
- A Pilot Study of Skin Resurfacing Using the 2,790-nm Erbium:YSGG Laser System. Rhie JW, Shim JS, Choi WS. Arch Plast Surg. 2015 Jan
- Erbium:yttrium aluminum garnet ablative laser resurfacing for skin tightening. Farshidi D, Hovenic W, Zachary C. Dermatol Surg. 2014 Dec
- Trepanation or Complete Removal of the Outer Table of the Calvarium for Granulation Induction: The Erbium:YAG Laser as an Alternative to the Rose Head Burr. Valesky EM, Vogl T, Kaufmann R, Meissner M. Dermatology. 2015 Feb 14.
- Tunable, stable source of femtosecond pulses near 2 micro.m via supercontinuum of an Erbium mode-locked laser. Klose A, Ycas G, Maser DL, Diddams SA. Opt Express. 2014 Nov 17
- Dysprosium, holmium and erbium ions doped indium oxide nanotubes as photoanodes for dye sensitized solar cells and improved device performance. Miao C, Chen C, Dai Q, Xu L, Song H. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Feb 15
- Root Surface Bio-modification with Erbium Lasers- A Myth or a Reality?? Lavu V, Sundaram S, Sabarish R, Rao SR. Open Dent J. 2015 Jan 30
- Treatment of dilated pores with 1410-nm fractional erbium-doped fiber laser. Suh DH, Chang KY, Lee SJ, Song KY, Choi JH, Shin MK, Jeong KH. Lasers Med Sci. 2015 Feb 3.
- Slow magnetic relaxation mechanisms in erbium SIMs. Silva MR, Martín-Ramos P, Coutinho JT, Pereira LC, Lavín V, Martín IR, Silva PS, Martín-Gil J. Dalton Trans. 2015 Jan 21
- Enhancement of photoluminescence intensity of erbium doped silica containing Ge nanocrystals: distance dependent interactions. Manna S, Aluguri R, Bar R, Das S, Prtljaga N, Pavesi L, Ray SK. Nanotechnology. 2015 Jan 30
- Short-term effect of vaginal erbium laser on the genitourinary syndrome of menopause. Gambacciani M, Levancini M. Minerva Ginecol. 2015 Apr
- A split-face treatment of adult colloid milium using a non-ablative, 1550-nm, erbium-glass fractional laser. Zeng YP, Nguyen GH, Fang K, Jin HZ. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2014 Dec 2.
- Explaining simultaneous dual-band carbon nanotube mode-locking Erbium-doped fiber laser by net gain cross section variation. Rosa HG, Steinberg D, Thoroh de Souza EA. Opt Express. 2014 Nov 17
- Development of erbium phosphate doped poly(glycidyl methacrylate/ethylene dimethacrylate) spin columns for selective enrichment of phosphopeptides. Güzel Y, Rainer M, Messner CB, Hussain S, Meischl F, Sasse M, Tessadri R, Bonn GK. J Sep Sci. 2015 Jan 28.
- Comparison of Micro-Leakage from Resin-Modified Glass Ionomer Restorations in Cavities Prepared by Er:YAG (Erbium-Doped Yttrium Aluminum Garnet) Laser and Conventional Method in Primary Teeth. Bahrololoomi Z, Razavi F, Soleymani AA. J Lasers Med Sci. 2014 Fall
- Treatment of Epidermal Cysts With Erbium: YAG Laser Fenestration: An Alternative to Surgical Intervention. Feng CJ, Ma H. Ann Plast Surg. 2015 Feb 18.
- Effects of erbium-and chromium-doped yttrium scandium gallium garnet and diode lasers on the surfaces of restorative dental materials: A scanning electron microscope study. Hatipoglu M, Barutcigil C. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 Mar-Apr
- Fractional 1,550nm Ytterbium/Erbium fiber laser in the treatment of lichen amyloidosis: Clinical and histological study. Panchaprateep R, Tusgate S, Munavalli GS, Noppakun N. Lasers Surg Med. 2015 Mar 13.
Recent Research & Development for Boride
- Effects of heat treatment on evolution of microstructure of boron free and boron containing biomedical Ti-13Zr-13Nb alloys. Majumdar P. Micron. 2012 Mar 8. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22459252 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- Boron oxynitride nanoclusters on tungsten trioxide as a metal-free cocatalyst for photocatalytic oxygen evolution from water splitting. Xie YP, Liu G, Lu GQ, Cheng HM. Nanoscale. 2012 Feb 21;4(4):1267-70. Epub 2012 Jan 13. PMID: 22241455 [PubMed - in process]
- Effect of the disinfection agents chlorine, UV irradiation, silver ions, and TiO2 nanoparticles/near-UV on DNA molecules. Van Aken B, Lin LS. Water Sci Technol. 2011;64(6):1226-32. PMID: 22214074 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Crystal structure refinement and bonding patterns of CrB4: a boron-rich boride with a framework of tetrahedrally coordinated B atoms. Knappschneider A, Litterscheid C, Kurzman J, Seshadri R, Albert B. Inorg Chem. 2011 Nov 7;50(21):10540-2. Epub 2011 Oct 10. PMID: 21985336 [PubMed]
- Tailored materials for high-performance MgB(2) wire. Kim JH, Oh S, Kumakura H, Matsumoto A, Heo YU, Song KS, Kang YM, Maeda M, Rindfleisch M, Tomsic M, Choi S, Dou SX. Adv Mater. 2011 Nov 9;23(42):4942-6. doi: 10.1002/adma.201101243. Epub 2011 Sep 28. No abstract available. PMID: 21956864 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Synthesis, characterization, and electronic structure of new type of heterometallic boride clusters. Bose SK, Geetharani K, Sahoo S, Reddy KH, Varghese B, Jemmis ED, Ghosh S. Inorg Chem. 2011 Oct 3;50(19):9414-22. Epub 2011 Aug 29. PMID: 21875060 [PubMed]
- Scaffolding, ladders, chains, and rare ferrimagnetism in intermetallic borides: synthesis, crystal chemistry and magnetism. Goerens C, Brgoch J, Miller GJ, Fokwa BP. Inorg Chem. 2011 Jul 4;50(13):6289-96. Epub 2011 Jun 2. PMID: 21634389 [PubMed]
- Wet-chemical synthesis of nanoscale iron boride, XAFS analysis and crystallisation to a-FeB. Rades S, Kornowski A, Weller H, Albert B. Chemphyschem. 2011 Jun 20;12(9):1756-60. doi: 10.1002/cphc.201001072. Epub 2011 May 12. PMID: 21567704 [PubMed]
- Nickel bis-muth boride, Ni(23-x)Bi(x)B(6) [x = 2.44 (1)]. Berthebaud D, Sato A, Mori T. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2011 Jan 15;67(Pt 2):i17. PMID: 21522814 [PubMed]
- Thermal and stress studies of normal incidence Mo/B4C multilayers for a 6.7 nm wavelength. Barthelmess M, Bajt S. Appl Opt. 2011 Apr 10;50(11):1610-9. doi: 10.1364/AO.50.001610. PMID: 21478937 [PubMed]
- New nickel gallium boride, B14Ga3Ni27: synthesis and crystal structure. Tillard M, Belin C. Inorg Chem. 2011 May 2;50(9):3907-12. Epub 2011 Apr 6. PMID: 21469649 [PubMed]
- A general solution route toward metal boride nanocrystals. Portehault D, Devi S, Beaunier P, Gervais C, Giordano C, Sanchez C, Antonietti M. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2011 Mar 28;50(14):3262-5. doi: 10.1002/anie.201006810. Epub 2011 Feb 25. No abstract available. PMID: 21432954 [PubMed]
- Complete titanium substitution by boron in a tetragonal prism: exploring the complex boride series Ti(3-x)Ru(5-y)Ir(y)B(2+x) (0 = x = 1 and 1 < y < 3) by experiment and theory. Fokwa BP, Hermus M. Inorg Chem. 2011 Apr 18;50(8):3332-41. Epub 2011 Mar 23. PMID: 21428308 [PubMed - in process]
- Two-dimensional intrinsic ferromagnetism at nitride-boride interfaces. Gohda Y, Tsuneyuki S. Phys Rev Lett. 2011 Jan 28;106(4):047201. Epub 2011 Jan 25. PMID: 21405354 [PubMed]
- A General Solution Route toward Metal Boride Nanocrystals. Portehault D, Devi S, Beaunier P, Gervais C, Giordano C, Sanchez C, Antonietti M. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2011 Mar 7. doi: 10.1002/anie.201101207. [Epub ahead of print] No abstract available. PMID: 21384481 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- LiB(12) PC, the First Boron-Rich Metal Boride with Phosphorus-Synthesis, Crystal Structure, Hardness, Spectroscopic Investigations. Vojteer N, Sagawe V, Stauffer J, Schroeder M, Hillebrecht H. Chemistry. 2011 Feb 9. doi: 10.1002/chem.201002968. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 21308812 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
- Effects of laser pulsing on analysis of steels by atom probe tomography. Liu F, Andrén HO. Ultramicroscopy. 2011 May;111(6):633-41. Epub 2010 Dec 19. PMID: 21239116 [PubMed]
- Binary boron-rich borides of magnesium: single-crystal investigations and properties of MgB(7) and the new boride Mg(~5)B(44). Pediaditakis A, Schroeder M, Sagawe V, Ludwig T, Hillebrecht H. Inorg Chem. 2010 Dec 6;49(23):10882-93. Epub 2010 Nov 2. PMID: 21043472 [PubMed]
- A photoelectrochemical immunosensor based on Au-doped TiO2 nanotube arrays for the detection of a-synuclein. An Y, Tang L, Jiang X, Chen H, Yang M, Jin L, Zhang S, Wang C, Zhang W. Chemistry. 2010 Dec 27;16(48):14439-46. PMID: 21038326 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Study on boron-film thermal neutron converter prepared by pulsed laser deposition. Song ZF, Ye SZ, Chen ZY, Song L, Shen J. Appl Radiat Isot. 2011 Feb;69(2):443-7. Epub 2010 Sep 25. PMID: 20951052 [PubMed]