|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Erbium Bromide||ER-BR-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Erbium Bromide||ER-BR-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Erbium Bromide||ER-BR-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Erbium Bromide||ER-BR-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|Br3Er||406.97||Violet Crystalline Solid||N/A||N/A||N/A||404.683256||402.685303||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Erbium Bromide is a highly water soluble crystalline Erbium source for uses compatible with Bromides and lower (acidic) pH. Most metal bromide compounds are water soluble for uses in water treatment, chemical analysis and in ultra high purity for certain crystal growth applications. The bromide ion in an aqueous solution can be detected by adding carbon disulfide (CS2) and chlorine. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Erbium (atomic symbol: Er, atomic number: 68) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic radius of 167.259. The number of electrons in each of Erbium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 30, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe]4f12 6s2. The erbium atom has a radius of 176 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 235 pm. Erbium was discovered by Carl Mosander in 1843. Sources of Erbium include the mineral monazite and sand ores. Erbium is a member of the lanthanide or rare earth series of elements. In its elemental form, erbium is soft and malleable; it is fairly stable in air and does not oxidize as rapidly as some of the other rare earth metals. Erbiums ions fluoresce in a bright pink color, making them highly useful for imaging and optical applications. It is named after the Swedish town, Ytterby where it was first discovered. For more information on Erbium, including properties, satefy data, research, and American Elements' catalog of Erbium products, visit the Erbium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
ERBIUM BROMIDE SYNONYMS
|erbiumbromide(erbr3), tribromoerbium, ERBIUM(III) BROMIDE, erbium tribromide|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Erbium
- Selection of energy optimized pump concepts for multi core and multi mode erbium doped fiber amplifiers. Krummrich PM, Akhtari S. Opt Express. 2014 Dec 1
- All-optical logical gates based on pump-induced resonant nonlinearity in an erbium-doped fiber coupler. Li Q, Zhang Z, Li D, Zhu M, Tang X, Li S. Appl Opt. 2014 Dec 1
- Is erbium:yttrium-aluminum-garnet laser versus conventional rotary osteotomy better in the postoperative period for lower third molar surgery? Randomized split-mouth clinical study. Romeo U, Libotte F, Palaia G, Tenore G, Galanakis A, Annibali S. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2015 Feb
- A Pilot Study of Skin Resurfacing Using the 2,790-nm Erbium:YSGG Laser System. Rhie JW, Shim JS, Choi WS. Arch Plast Surg. 2015 Jan
- Erbium:yttrium aluminum garnet ablative laser resurfacing for skin tightening. Farshidi D, Hovenic W, Zachary C. Dermatol Surg. 2014 Dec
- Trepanation or Complete Removal of the Outer Table of the Calvarium for Granulation Induction: The Erbium:YAG Laser as an Alternative to the Rose Head Burr. Valesky EM, Vogl T, Kaufmann R, Meissner M. Dermatology. 2015 Feb 14.
- Tunable, stable source of femtosecond pulses near 2 micro.m via supercontinuum of an Erbium mode-locked laser. Klose A, Ycas G, Maser DL, Diddams SA. Opt Express. 2014 Nov 17
- Dysprosium, holmium and erbium ions doped indium oxide nanotubes as photoanodes for dye sensitized solar cells and improved device performance. Miao C, Chen C, Dai Q, Xu L, Song H. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Feb 15
- Root Surface Bio-modification with Erbium Lasers- A Myth or a Reality?? Lavu V, Sundaram S, Sabarish R, Rao SR. Open Dent J. 2015 Jan 30
- Treatment of dilated pores with 1410-nm fractional erbium-doped fiber laser. Suh DH, Chang KY, Lee SJ, Song KY, Choi JH, Shin MK, Jeong KH. Lasers Med Sci. 2015 Feb 3.
- Slow magnetic relaxation mechanisms in erbium SIMs. Silva MR, Martín-Ramos P, Coutinho JT, Pereira LC, Lavín V, Martín IR, Silva PS, Martín-Gil J. Dalton Trans. 2015 Jan 21
- Enhancement of photoluminescence intensity of erbium doped silica containing Ge nanocrystals: distance dependent interactions. Manna S, Aluguri R, Bar R, Das S, Prtljaga N, Pavesi L, Ray SK. Nanotechnology. 2015 Jan 30
- Short-term effect of vaginal erbium laser on the genitourinary syndrome of menopause. Gambacciani M, Levancini M. Minerva Ginecol. 2015 Apr
- A split-face treatment of adult colloid milium using a non-ablative, 1550-nm, erbium-glass fractional laser. Zeng YP, Nguyen GH, Fang K, Jin HZ. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2014 Dec 2.
- Explaining simultaneous dual-band carbon nanotube mode-locking Erbium-doped fiber laser by net gain cross section variation. Rosa HG, Steinberg D, Thoroh de Souza EA. Opt Express. 2014 Nov 17
- Development of erbium phosphate doped poly(glycidyl methacrylate/ethylene dimethacrylate) spin columns for selective enrichment of phosphopeptides. Güzel Y, Rainer M, Messner CB, Hussain S, Meischl F, Sasse M, Tessadri R, Bonn GK. J Sep Sci. 2015 Jan 28.
- Comparison of Micro-Leakage from Resin-Modified Glass Ionomer Restorations in Cavities Prepared by Er:YAG (Erbium-Doped Yttrium Aluminum Garnet) Laser and Conventional Method in Primary Teeth. Bahrololoomi Z, Razavi F, Soleymani AA. J Lasers Med Sci. 2014 Fall
- Treatment of Epidermal Cysts With Erbium: YAG Laser Fenestration: An Alternative to Surgical Intervention. Feng CJ, Ma H. Ann Plast Surg. 2015 Feb 18.
- Effects of erbium-and chromium-doped yttrium scandium gallium garnet and diode lasers on the surfaces of restorative dental materials: A scanning electron microscope study. Hatipoglu M, Barutcigil C. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 Mar-Apr
- Fractional 1,550nm Ytterbium/Erbium fiber laser in the treatment of lichen amyloidosis: Clinical and histological study. Panchaprateep R, Tusgate S, Munavalli GS, Noppakun N. Lasers Surg Med. 2015 Mar 13.
Recent Research & Development for Bromides
- Efficacy and safety of fixed-dose combinations of aclidinium bromide/formoterol fumarate: the 24-week, randomized, placebo-controlled AUGMENT COPD study. D'Urzo AD, Rennard SI, Kerwin EM, Mergel V, Leselbaum AR, Caracta CF
- Crystal structure of 1,3-bis-(4-methyl-benz-yl)-1H-1,3-benzimidazol-3-ium bromide monohydrate. Çelikesir ST, Çelik Ö, Akkoç S, ?lhan ?Ö, Gök Y, Akkurt M. Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun. 2015 Jan 1
- Molecular Mechanism of NDMA Formation from N,N-Dimethylsulfamide During Ozonation: Quantum Chemical Insights into a Bromide-Catalyzed Pathway. Trogolo D, Mishra BK, Heeb MB, von Gunten U, Arey JS. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 16.
- Activated carbons from end-products of tree nut and tree fruit production as sorbents for removing methyl bromide in ventilation effluent following postharvest chamber fumigation. Hall WA, Bellamy DE, Walse SS. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 11.
- Assessment of bromide-based ionic liquid toxicity toward aquatic organisms and QSAR analysis. Wang C, Wei Z, Wang L, Sun P, Wang Z. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2015 Feb 12
- Sodium Bromide Induced Micelle to Vesicle Transitions of Newly Synthesized Anionic Surface Active Ionic Liquids Based on Dodecylbenzenesulfonate. Rao KS, Gehlot PS, Gupta H, Drechsler M, Kumar A. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Mar 5.
- Nematicidal activity of allyl bromide and dibromo(nitro)methane under laboratory conditions. Oka Y, Shuker S, Tkachi N. Pest Manag Sci. 2015 Mar 5.
- Analysis of genotoxic activity of ketamine and rocuronium bromide using the somatic mutation and recombination test in Drosophila melanogaster. Koksal PM, Gürbüzel M. Environ Toxicol Pharmacol. 2014 Dec 27
- Combination therapy with indacaterol and glycopyrronium bromide in the management of COPD: an update on the evidence for efficacy and safety. Ridolo E, Montagni M, Riario-Sforza GG, Baroni M, Incorvaia C. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2015 Feb 17.
- Bencycloquidium bromide inhibits nasal hypersecretion in a rat model of allergic rhinitis. Long R, Zhou Y, Huang J, Peng L, Meng L, Zhu S, Li J. Inflamm Res. 2015 Apr
- Inhibitory action of quaternary ammonium bromide on mild steel and synergistic effect with other halide ions in 0.5 M H2SO4. Khamis A, Saleh MM, Awad MI, El-Anadouli BE. J Adv Res. 2014 Nov
- Release of nitrous oxide and dinitrogen from a transition bog under drained and rewetted conditions due to denitrification: results from a [15N]nitrate-bromide double-tracer study. Tauchnitz N, Spott O, Russow R, Bernsdorf S, Glaser B, Meissner R. Isotopes Environ Health Stud. 2015 Feb 18:1-22.
- Effect of Chronic Administration of Phenobarbital, or Bromide, on Pharmacokinetics of Levetiracetam in Dogs with Epilepsy. Muñana KR, Nettifee-Osborne JA, Papich MG. J Vet Intern Med. 2015 Feb 25.
- Clinicopharmacological profile of the fixed-dose combination of aclidinium bromide and formoterol fumarate in the management of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Babu KS, Morjaria JB. Ther Adv Respir Dis. 2015 Mar 9.
- Copper Bromide Laser vs Triple-Combination Cream for the Treatment of Melasma: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Hammami Ghorbel H, Boukari F, Fontas E, Montaudié H, Bahadoran P, Lacour JP, Passeron T. JAMA Dermatol. 2015 Feb 25.
- Evaluation of Methyl Bromide Alternatives Efficacy against Soil-Borne Pathogens, Nematodes and Soil Microbial Community. Xie H, Yan D, Mao L, Wang Q, Li Y, Ouyang C, Guo M, Cao A. PLoS One. 2015 Feb 27
- Structures, electronic properties and stability phase diagrams for copper(i/ii) bromide surfaces. Altarawneh M, Marashdeh A, Dlugogorski BZ. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Removal of bromide and bromate from drinking water using granular activated carbon. Zhang YQ, Wu QP, Zhang JM, Yang XH. J Water Health. 2015 Mar
- Methyl bromide fumigation and delayed mortality: safe trade of live pests? Phillips CB, Iline II, Novoselov M, McNeill MR, Richards NK, van Koten C, Stephenson BP. J Pest Sci (2004). 2015
- Transport of bromide and pesticides through an undisturbed soil column: A modeling study with global optimization analysis. Dusek J, Dohnal M, Snehota M, Sobotkova M, Ray C, Vogel T. J Contam Hydrol. 2015 Feb 12