|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|FeCO3||563-71-3||104325559||11248||N/A||209-259-6||iron(+2) cation carbonate||N/A||[Fe+2].[O-]C([O-])=O||InChI=1S/CH2O3.Fe/c2-1(3)4;/h(H2,2,3,4);/q;+2/p-2||RAQDACVRFCEPDA-UHFFFAOYSA-L|
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|CFeO3||115.85||Powder||3.8 g/cm3||N/A||115.919685 Da||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Iron Carbonate is a water insoluble Iron source that can easily be converted to other Iron compounds, such as the oxide by heating (calcination). Carbonate compounds also give off carbon dioxide when treated with dilute acids. Iron Carbonate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite , hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|IRON CARBONATE SYNONYMS|
|Iron(II) carbonate, Iron(2+) carbonate, Blaud's mass, Carbonic acid, iron salt Ferrous Carbonate, iron(+2) cation carbonate, carbonic acid, iron(2+) salt (1:1), Ferrous monocarbonate|
CUSTOMERS FOR IRON CARBONATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Iron|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Synthesis and characterization of new derivatives of alginic acid and evaluation of their iron(III)-crosslinked beads as potential controlled release matrices. Abulateefeh SR, Khanfar MA, Al Bakain RZ, Taha MO. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014.
- Iron oxide nanoparticle agglomeration influences dose rates and modulates oxidative stress-mediated dose-response profiles in vitro. Sharma G, Kodali V, Gaffrey M, Wang W, Minard KR, Karin NJ, Teeguarden JG, Thrall BD. Nanotoxicology. 2014
- Physicochemical and structural characterization of iron-sucrose formulations: a comparative study. Barot BS, Parejiya PB, Mehta DM, Shelat PK, Shah GB. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014
- A photonic crystal biosensor assay for ferritin utilizing iron-oxide nanoparticles. Peterson RD, Cunningham BT, Andrade JE. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014
- The interaction of DNA with phytoferritin during iron oxidation. Yang R, Yang S, Liao X, Deng J, Zhao G. Food Chem. 2014
- Evaluation of different methods for determination of the iron saturation level in bovine lactoferrin. Bokkhim H, Tran T, Bansal N, GrÃ¸ndahl L, Bhandari B. Food Chem. 2014
- Colloidal iron(III) pyrophosphate particles. Rossi L, Velikov KP, Philipse AP. Food Chem. 2014
- Hyperspectral fluorescence imaging for cellular iron mapping in the in vitro model of Parkinson's disease. Oh ES, Heo C, Kim JS, Suh M, Lee YH, Kim JM. J Biomed Opt. 2014
- Hyaluronic acid-modified hydrothermally synthesized iron oxide nanoparticles for targeted tumor MR imaging. Li J, He Y, Sun W, Luo Y, Cai H, Pan Y, Shen M, Xia J, Shi X. Biomaterials. 2014
- Reducing iron in the brain: a novel pharmacologic mechanism of huperzine A in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Huang XT, Qian ZM, He X, Gong Q, Wu KC, Jiang LR, Lu LN, Zhu ZJ, Zhang HY, Yung WH, Ke Y. Neurobiol Aging. 2014
- Cation exchange resin immobilized bimetallic nickel-iron nanoparticles to facilitate their application in pollutants degradation. Ni SQ, Yang N. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014
- Phenomenological study and application of the combined influence of iron concentration and irradiance on the photo-Fenton process to remove micropollutants. Carra I, García Sánchez JL, Casas López JL, Malato S, Sánchez Pérez JA. Sci Total Environ. 2014.
- Pharmaceutical characterization and thermodynamic stability assessment of a colloidal iron drug product: Iron sucrose. Shah RB, Yang Y, Khan MA, Raw A, Yu LX, Faustino PJ. Int J Pharm. 2014.
- Oxidation of Orange G by persulfate activated by Fe(II), Fe(III) and zero valent iron (ZVI). Rodriguez S, Vasquez L, Costa D, Romero A, Santos A. Chemosphere. 2014
- Iron status as a covariate in methylmercury-associated neurotoxicity risk. Fonseca Mde F, De Souza Hacon S, Grandjean P, Choi AL, Bastos WR. Chemosphere. 2014
- Diminution of 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride toxicity on Listeria monocytogenes growth by iron source addition to the culture medium. Junillon T, Flandrois JP. Food Microbiol. 2014
- Iron deficiency anaemia and cataracts in a patient with haemochromatosis. Peiffer KH, Niemeyer M, Buslau A, Kohnen T, Muckenthaler MU, Zeuzem S, Sarrazin C. Gut. 2014
- Influence of Iron Deficiency Anemia on Hemoglobin A1C Levels in Diabetic Individuals with Controlled Plasma Glucose Levels. Christy AL, Manjrekar PA, Babu RP, Hegde A, M S R. Iran Biomed J. 2014
- Antioxidant enzymes and oxidative stress in the erythrocytes of iron deficiency anemic patients supplemented with vitamins. Madhikarmi NL, Murthy KR. Iran Biomed J. 2014
- Assessing carbon-encapsulated iron nanoparticles cytotoxicity in Lewis lung carcinoma cells. Grudzinski IP, Bystrzejewski M, Cywinska MA, Kosmider A, Poplawska M, Cieszanowski A, Fijalek Z, Ostrowska A, Parzonko A. J Appl Toxicol. 2014.
Recent Research & Development for Carbonates
- Stable carbon isotopes in dissolved inorganic carbon: extraction and implications for quantifying the contributions from silicate and carbonate weathering in the Krishna River system during peak discharge. Laskar AH, Gandhi N, Thirumalai K, Yadava MG, Ramesh R, Mahajan RR, Kumar D. Isotopes Environ Health Stud. 2014.
- Characterization of calcium carbonate crystals in pigeon yolk sacs with different incubation times. Song J, Cheng H, Shen X, Hu J, Tong H. Micron. 2014.
- CO2 as a reaction ingredient for the construction of metal cages: a carbonate-panelled [Gd6Cu3] tridiminished icosahedron. Hooper TN, Inglis R, Palacios MA, Nichol GS, Pitak MB, Coles SJ, Lorusso G, Evangelisti M, Brechin EK. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014.
- FTIR spectroscopic studies of lithium tetrafluoroborate in propylene carbonate+diethyl carbonate mixtures. Zhang B, Zhou Y, Li X, Ren X, Nian H, Shen Y, Yun Q. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014.
- Development and validation of a dissolution test for lodenafil carbonate based on in vivo data. Codevilla CF, Castilhos Tdos S, Cirne CA, Froehlich PE, Bergold AM. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2014.
- Poly (vinylsulfonic acid) assisted synthesis of aqueous solution stable vaterite calcium carbonate nanoparticles. Nagaraja AT, Pradhan S, McShane MJ. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Mar.
- Surface properties of Cu/La2O3 and its catalytic performance in the synthesis of glycerol carbonate and monoacetin from glycerol and carbon dioxide. Zhang J, He D. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Apr.
- Serum albumin forms a lactoferrin-like soluble iron-binding complex in presence of hydrogen carbonate ions. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/10/17 | first author:Ueno HM.
- Mobility enhancement of nanoscale zero-valent iron in carbonate porous media through co-injection of polyelectrolytes. Laumann S, Micic V, Hofmann T. Water Res. 2014.
- Anticancer drug delivery system based on calcium carbonate particles loaded with a photosensitizer. Biophys Chem. 2013 | first author:Svenskaya Y
- Calcium carbonate precipitation by strain Bacillus licheniformis AK01, newly isolated from loamy soil: a promising alternative for sealing cement-based materials - A Vahabi, AA Ramezanianpour… - Journal of Basic…, 2013 - Wiley Online Library.
- A nanostarch functionalized ionic liquid containing imidazolium cation and cobalt chelate anion for the synthesis of carbamates from amines and dimethyl carbonate. Dalton Trans. | first author:Kumar S Nanoparticles of 2-deoxy-d-glucose functionalized poly(ethylene glycol)-co-poly(trimethylene carbonate) for dual-targeted drug delivery in glioma treatment. Biomaterials. 2014 create date:2013/10/16 | first author:Jiang X
- A surface-eroding poly(1,3-trimethylene carbonate) coating for fully biodegradable magnesium-based stent applications: toward better biofunction, biodegradation and biocompatibility. Acta Biomater. 2013 create date:2013/03/08 | first author:Wang J
- Antibiofilm Activity of Zinc-Carbonate Hydroxyapatite Nanocrystals Against Streptococcus mutans and Mitis Group Streptococci. Curr Microbiol. 2013 create date:2013/07/16 | first author:Palmieri C.
- Effects and safety of lanthanum carbonate in end stage renal disease patients with hyperphosphatemia: a meta-analysis - system review of lanthanum carbonate. Ren Fail. 2013 | first author:Guo H
- Novel application of Eudragit RL and cholesteryl oleyl carbonate to thermo-sensitive drug delivery system. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2013 | first author:Cetin EO
- Behavior and fate of industrial zinc oxide nanoparticles in a carbonate-rich river water. Chemosphere. 2013 | first author:Sivry Y
- Removal of H2S using molten carbonate at high temperature. Waste Manag. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Kawase M
- Sustained delivery of dbcAMP by poly(propylene carbonate) micron fibers promotes axonal regenerative sprouting and functional recovery after spinal cord hemisection. Brain Res. 2013 | first author:Xia T
- Sevelamer carbonate lowers serum phosphorus effectively in haemodialysis patients: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-titration study. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2013 | first author:Chen N