|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron Carbonate||FE-CB-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|FeCO3||563-71-3||104325559||11248||N/A||209-259-6||iron(+2) cation carbonate||N/A||[Fe+2].[O-]C([O-])=O||InChI=1S/CH2O3.Fe/c2-1(3)4;/h(H2,2,3,4);/q;+2/p-2||RAQDACVRFCEPDA-UHFFFAOYSA-L|
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|CFeO3||115.85||Powder||3.8 g/cm3||N/A||115.919685 Da||N/A||Safety Data Sheet|
Iron Carbonate is a water insoluble Iron source that can easily be converted to other Iron compounds, such as the oxide by heating (calcination). Carbonate compounds also give off carbon dioxide when treated with dilute acids. Iron Carbonate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite , hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|IRON CARBONATE SYNONYMS|
|Iron(II) carbonate, Iron(2+) carbonate, Blaud's mass, Carbonic acid, iron salt Ferrous Carbonate, iron(+2) cation carbonate, carbonic acid, iron(2+) salt (1:1), Ferrous monocarbonate|
CUSTOMERS FOR IRON CARBONATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Iron|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Characterization of iron ferromagnetism by the local atomic volume: from three-dimensional structures to isolated atoms. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Zhang L
- TMEDA in Iron-Catalyzed Kumada Coupling: Amine Adduct versus Homoleptic ate" Complex Formation." Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Bedford RB
- Hemoglobin as a source of iron overload in multiple sclerosis: does multiple sclerosis share risk factors with vascular disorders? Cell Mol Life Sci. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Bamm VV
- Serum hepcidin levels and iron metabolism in obese children with and without fatty liver: case-control study. Eur J Pediatr. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:DemircioÄŸlu F
- Iron oxide nanoparticle agglomeration influences dose rates and modulates oxidative stress-mediated dose-response profiles in vitro. Sharma G, Kodali V, Gaffrey M, Wang W, Minard KR, Karin NJ, Teeguarden JG, Thrall BD. Nanotoxicology 2014.
- Assessment of Iron Overload in Very Young Children with Limited Thalassemia Care Resources in South China. Hemoglobin. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Au WY
- Electronic effects in high-energy radiation damage in iron. J Phys Condens Matter. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Zarkadoula E
- RETRACTION: Pretorius E, Lipinski B. Iron alters red blood cell morphology. Blood. Blood. 2014
- Simultaneous 2D imaging of dissolved iron and reactive phosphorus in sediment pore-waters by thin-film and hyperspectral methods. Environ Sci Technol. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Cesbron F
- Suppressive effects of iron overloading on vascular calcification in uremic rats. J Nephrol. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Seto T
- Ultrafast observation of critical nematic fluctuations and giant magnetoelastic coupling in iron pnictides. Nat Commun. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Patz A
- Iron chelation: an update. Curr Opin Hematol. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Sheth S
- Serum albumin forms a lactoferrin-like soluble iron-binding complex in presence of hydrogen carbonate ions. Food Chem 2014 | first author:Ueno HM
- Efficient synthesis of functionalized dihydroquinolines, quinolines and dihydrobenzo[b]azepine via an iron(iii) chloride-catalyzed intramolecular alkyne-carbonyl metathesis of alkyne tethered 2-amino benzaldehyde/acetophenone derivatives. Org Biomol Chem. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Jalal S
- Scavenging iron: a novel mechanism of plant immunity activation by microbial siderophores. Plant Physiol. 2014 create date:2014/02/07 | first author:Aznar A
- Iron deficiency increases blood lead levels in boys and pre-menarche girls surveyed in KNHANES 2010-2011. Environ Res. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Sim CS
- Comparison of bioleaching of heavy metals from municipal sludge using indigenous sulfur and iron-oxidizing microorganisms: Continuous stirred tank reactor studies. J Environ Sci Health A Tox Hazard Subst Environ Eng. 2014 | first author:Pathak A
- Spectroscopic investigation on kinetics, thermodynamics and mechanism for electron transfer reaction of iron(III) complex with sulphur centered radical in stimulated biological system. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Deepalakshmi S
- A very rare case of duodenal hemolymphangioma presenting with iron deficiency anemia. Int J Surg Case Rep. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Antonino A
- Evidence for a Role for Interleukin-17, Th17 Cells and Iron Homeostasis in Protective Immunity against Tuberculosis in Cynomolgus Macaques. PLoS One. 2014 create date:2014/02/08 | first author:Wareham AS
Recent Research & Development for Carbonates
- Surface properties of Cu/La2O3 and its catalytic performance in the synthesis of glycerol carbonate and monoacetin from glycerol and carbon dioxide. Zhang J, He D. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Apr.
- FTIR spectroscopic studies of lithium tetrafluoroborate in propylene carbonate+diethyl carbonate mixtures. Zhang B, Zhou Y, Li X, Ren X, Nian H, Shen Y, Yun Q. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Mar.
- Poly (vinylsulfonic acid) assisted synthesis of aqueous solution stable vaterite calcium carbonate nanoparticles. Nagaraja AT, Pradhan S, McShane MJ. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Mar.
- Mobility enhancement of nanoscale zero-valent iron in carbonate porous media through co-injection of polyelectrolytes. Laumann S, Micic V, Hofmann T. Water Res. 2014 Mar.
- Serum albumin forms a lactoferrin-like soluble iron-binding complex in presence of hydrogen carbonate ions. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/10/17 | first author:Ueno HM.
- Calcium carbonate precipitation by strain Bacillus licheniformis AK01, newly isolated from loamy soil: a promising alternative for sealing cement-based materials - A Vahabi, AA Ramezanianpour… - Journal of Basic…, 2013 - Wiley Online Library.
- Anticancer drug delivery system based on calcium carbonate particles loaded with a photosensitizer. Biophys Chem. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Svenskaya Y
- Nanoparticles of 2-deoxy-d-glucose functionalized poly(ethylene glycol)-co-poly(trimethylene carbonate) for dual-targeted drug delivery in glioma treatment. Biomaterials. 2014 create date:2013/10/16 | first author:Jiang X
- A nanostarch functionalized ionic liquid containing imidazolium cation and cobalt chelate anion for the synthesis of carbamates from amines and dimethyl carbonate. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Kumar S
- Antibiofilm Activity of Zinc-Carbonate Hydroxyapatite Nanocrystals Against Streptococcus mutans and Mitis Group Streptococci. Curr Microbiol. 2013 create date:2013/07/16 | first author:Palmieri C.
- A surface-eroding poly(1,3-trimethylene carbonate) coating for fully biodegradable magnesium-based stent applications: toward better biofunction, biodegradation and biocompatibility. Acta Biomater. 2013 create date:2013/03/08 | first author:Wang J
- Novel application of Eudragit RL and cholesteryl oleyl carbonate to thermo-sensitive drug delivery system. Drug Dev Ind Pharm. 2013 create date:2012/03/09 | first author:Cetin EO
- Effects and safety of lanthanum carbonate in end stage renal disease patients with hyperphosphatemia: a meta-analysis - system review of lanthanum carbonate. Ren Fail. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Guo H
- Removal of H2S using molten carbonate at high temperature. Waste Manag. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Kawase M
- Behavior and fate of industrial zinc oxide nanoparticles in a carbonate-rich river water. Chemosphere. 2013 create date:2013/11/02 | first author:Sivry Y
- Sustained delivery of dbcAMP by poly(propylene carbonate) micron fibers promotes axonal regenerative sprouting and functional recovery after spinal cord hemisection. Brain Res. 2013 create date:2013/10/01 | first author:Xia T
- Calcium carbonate does not affect nilotinib pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Tawbi HA
- Sevelamer carbonate lowers serum phosphorus effectively in haemodialysis patients: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-titration study. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2013 create date:2013/10/24 | first author:Chen N
- Calcium carbonate does not affect imatinib pharmacokinetics in healthy volunteers. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2013 create date:2013/10/31 | first author:Tawbi H
- Efficacy and safety of lanthanum carbonate on chronic kidney disease--mineral and bone disorder in dialysis patients: a systematic review. BMC Nephrol. create date:2013/10/19 | first author:Zhang C