Iron(III) Oxalate Hexahydrate
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|Fe2(C2O4)3• 6H2O||166897-40-1||162277563||57370413||MFCD00151243||220-951-7||iron(3+); oxalate; hexahydrate||[Fe+3].[Fe+3].O=
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C6H12Fe2O18||483.84||Lime green powder or chunks||N/A||N/A||N/A||483.872239||483.872239||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Iron(III) Oxalate Hexahydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite , hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|IRON(III) OXALATE HEXAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Ferric oxalate hexahydrate; diiron trioxalate hexahydrate; Iron(3+) ethanedioate hydrate (2:3:6)|
CUSTOMERS FOR IRON(III) OXALATE HEXAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT
|Show Me MORE Forms of Iron|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Synthesis and characterization of new derivatives of alginic acid and evaluation of their iron(III)-crosslinked beads as potential controlled release matrices. Abulateefeh SR, Khanfar MA, Al Bakain RZ, Taha MO. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014.
- Iron oxide nanoparticle agglomeration influences dose rates and modulates oxidative stress-mediated dose-response profiles in vitro. Sharma G, Kodali V, Gaffrey M, Wang W, Minard KR, Karin NJ, Teeguarden JG, Thrall BD. Nanotoxicology. 2014
- Physicochemical and structural characterization of iron-sucrose formulations: a comparative study. Barot BS, Parejiya PB, Mehta DM, Shelat PK, Shah GB. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014
- A photonic crystal biosensor assay for ferritin utilizing iron-oxide nanoparticles. Peterson RD, Cunningham BT, Andrade JE. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014
- The interaction of DNA with phytoferritin during iron oxidation. Yang R, Yang S, Liao X, Deng J, Zhao G. Food Chem. 2014
- Evaluation of different methods for determination of the iron saturation level in bovine lactoferrin. Bokkhim H, Tran T, Bansal N, GrÃ¸ndahl L, Bhandari B. Food Chem. 2014
- Colloidal iron(III) pyrophosphate particles. Rossi L, Velikov KP, Philipse AP. Food Chem. 2014
- Hyperspectral fluorescence imaging for cellular iron mapping in the in vitro model of Parkinson's disease. Oh ES, Heo C, Kim JS, Suh M, Lee YH, Kim JM. J Biomed Opt. 2014
- Hyaluronic acid-modified hydrothermally synthesized iron oxide nanoparticles for targeted tumor MR imaging. Li J, He Y, Sun W, Luo Y, Cai H, Pan Y, Shen M, Xia J, Shi X. Biomaterials. 2014
- Reducing iron in the brain: a novel pharmacologic mechanism of huperzine A in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Huang XT, Qian ZM, He X, Gong Q, Wu KC, Jiang LR, Lu LN, Zhu ZJ, Zhang HY, Yung WH, Ke Y. Neurobiol Aging. 2014
- Cation exchange resin immobilized bimetallic nickel-iron nanoparticles to facilitate their application in pollutants degradation. Ni SQ, Yang N. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014
- Phenomenological study and application of the combined influence of iron concentration and irradiance on the photo-Fenton process to remove micropollutants. Carra I, García Sánchez JL, Casas López JL, Malato S, Sánchez Pérez JA. Sci Total Environ. 2014.
- Pharmaceutical characterization and thermodynamic stability assessment of a colloidal iron drug product: Iron sucrose. Shah RB, Yang Y, Khan MA, Raw A, Yu LX, Faustino PJ. Int J Pharm. 2014.
- Oxidation of Orange G by persulfate activated by Fe(II), Fe(III) and zero valent iron (ZVI). Rodriguez S, Vasquez L, Costa D, Romero A, Santos A. Chemosphere. 2014
- Iron status as a covariate in methylmercury-associated neurotoxicity risk. Fonseca Mde F, De Souza Hacon S, Grandjean P, Choi AL, Bastos WR. Chemosphere. 2014
- Diminution of 2,3,5-triphenyltetrazolium chloride toxicity on Listeria monocytogenes growth by iron source addition to the culture medium. Junillon T, Flandrois JP. Food Microbiol. 2014
- Iron deficiency anaemia and cataracts in a patient with haemochromatosis. Peiffer KH, Niemeyer M, Buslau A, Kohnen T, Muckenthaler MU, Zeuzem S, Sarrazin C. Gut. 2014
- Influence of Iron Deficiency Anemia on Hemoglobin A1C Levels in Diabetic Individuals with Controlled Plasma Glucose Levels. Christy AL, Manjrekar PA, Babu RP, Hegde A, M S R. Iran Biomed J. 2014
- Antioxidant enzymes and oxidative stress in the erythrocytes of iron deficiency anemic patients supplemented with vitamins. Madhikarmi NL, Murthy KR. Iran Biomed J. 2014
- Assessing carbon-encapsulated iron nanoparticles cytotoxicity in Lewis lung carcinoma cells. Grudzinski IP, Bystrzejewski M, Cywinska MA, Kosmider A, Poplawska M, Cieszanowski A, Fijalek Z, Ostrowska A, Parzonko A. J Appl Toxicol. 2014.