Iron(III) Oxalate Hexahydrate
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Iron(III) Oxalate Hexahydrate||FE3-OXL-02-6HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Iron(III) Oxalate Hexahydrate||FE3-OXL-03-6HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Iron(III) Oxalate Hexahydrate||FE3-OXL-04-6HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Iron(III) Oxalate Hexahydrate||FE3-OXL-05-6HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|Fe2(C2O4)3• 6H2O||166897-40-1||162277563||57370413||MFCD00151243||220-951-7||iron(3+); oxalate; hexahydrate||[Fe+3].[Fe+3].O=
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C6H12Fe2O18||483.84||Lime green powder or chunks||N/A||N/A||N/A||483.872239||483.872239||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Iron(III) Oxalate Hexahydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite, hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|IRON(III) OXALATE HEXAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Ferric oxalate hexahydrate; diiron trioxalate hexahydrate; Iron(3+) ethanedioate hydrate (2:3:6)|
|CUSTOMERS FOR IRON(III) OXALATE HEXAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Iron Pellets||Iron Oxide||Iron Nitrate||Iron Oxide Pellets||Iron Nanoparticles|
|Iron Chloride||Iron Acetylacetonate||Iron Bars||Iron Foil||Aluminum Iron Alloy|
|Zirconium Scandium Iron Alloy||Iron Fluoride||Iron Metal||Iron Acetate||Iron Sputtering Target|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Iron|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Iron Prevents the Development of Experimental Cerebral Malaria by Attenuating CXCR3-Mediated T Cell Chemotaxis. Van Den Ham KM, Shio MT, Rainone A, Fournier S, Krawczyk CM, Olivier M. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 13
- Virtual iron concentration imaging based on dual-energy CT for noninvasive quantification and grading of liver iron content: An iron overload rabbit model study. Luo XF, Yang Y, Yan J, Xie XQ, Zhang H, Chai WM, Wang L, Schmidt B, Yan FH. Eur Radiol. 2015 Mar 15.
- Parenteral iron therapy in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia during pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial. Tariq N, Ayub R, Khan WU, Ijaz S, Alam AY. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2015 Mar
- Effects of Iron Overload on the Bone Marrow Microenvironment in Mice. Zhang Y, Zhai W, Zhao M, Li D, Chai X, Cao X, Meng J, Chen J, Xiao X, Li Q, Mu J, Shen J, Meng A. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- An antioxidant-like action for non-peroxidisable phospholipids using ferrous iron as a peroxidation initiator. Cortie CH, Else PL. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Comparative Study of Iron Uptake Rates and Mechanisms amongst Marine and Fresh Water Cyanobacteria: Prevalence of Reductive Iron Uptake. Lis H, Kranzler C, Keren N, Shaked Y. Life (Basel). 2015 Mar 11
- Micron-sized iron oxide-containing particles for microRNA-targeted manipulation and MRI-based tracking of transplanted cells. Leder A, Raschzok N, Schmidt C, Arabacioglu D, Butter A, Kolano S, de Sousa Lisboa LS, Werner W, Polenz D, Reutzel-Selke A, Pratschke J, Sauer IM. Biomaterials. 2015 May
- The limitations of applying zero-valent iron technology in contaminants sequestration and the corresponding countermeasures: The development in zero-valent iron technology in the last two decades (1994-2014). Guan X, Sun Y, Qin H, Li J, Lo IM, He D, Dong H. Water Res. 2015 Feb 28
- The effects of iron limitation and cell density on prokaryotic metabolism and gene expression: Excerpts from Fusobacterium necrophorum strain 774 (sheep isolate). Antiabong JF, Ball AS, Brown MH. Gene. 2015 Mar 12.
- Removal of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solutions using micro zero-valent iron supported by bentonite layer. Daoud W, Ebadi T, Fahimifar A. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Heparin-Engineered Mesoporous Iron Metal-Organic Framework Nanoparticles: Toward Stealth Drug Nanocarriers. Bellido E, Hidalgo T, Lozano MV, Guillevic M, Simón-Vázquez R, Santander-Ortega MJ, González-Fernández Á, Serre C, Alonso MJ, Horcajada P. Adv Healthc Mater. 2015 Mar 12.
- Iron misregulation and neurodegenerative disease in mouse models that lack iron regulatory proteins. Ghosh MC, Zhang L, Rouault TA. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 Mar 11.
- How to choose a precursor for decomposition solution-phase synthesis: the case of iron nanoparticles. Herman DA, Cheong-Tilley S, McGrath AJ, McVey BF, Lein M, Tilley RD. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 16.
- Iron Supplementation Attenuates the Inflammatory Status of Anemic Piglets by Regulating Hepcidin. Pu Y, Guo B, Liu D, Xiong H, Wang Y, Du H. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Redox speciation analysis of dissolved iron in estuarine and coastal waters with on-line solid phase extraction and graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry detection. Chen Y, Feng S, Huang Y, Yuan D. Talanta. 2015 May
- Preparation of magnetic core-shell iron oxide-silica-nickel-ethylene glycol microspheres for highly efficient sorption of uranium(vi). Tan L, Zhang X, Liu Q, Wang J, Sun Y, Jing X, Liu J, Song D, Liu L. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Genetic and biochemical investigations of the role of MamP in redox control of iron biomineralization in Magnetospirillum magneticum. Jones SR, Wilson TD, Brown ME, Rahn-Lee L, Yu Y, Fredriksen LL, Ozyamak E, Komeili A, Chang MC. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Mar 16.
- Redox-activity and self-organization of iron-porphyrin monolayers at a copper/electrolyte interface. Phan TH, Wandelt K. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14