Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate
K4Fe(CN)6 • 3H2O
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate||K-CYFE6-02-3HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate||K-CYFE6-03-3HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate||K-CYFE6-04-3HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate||K-CYFE6-05-3HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|K4Fe(CN)6 • 3H2O||14459-95-1||135118307||161067
|MFCD00167023||237-722-2||tetrapotassium; iron(2+); hexacyanide; trihydrate||[Fe+2].[K+].[K+].
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C6H6FeK4N6O3||422.39||Yellow crystals||70 °C||N/A||1.85 g/cm3||421.839902||421.839902||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Potassium Hexacyanoferrate(II) Trihydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite, hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3077 9/PG III|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|POTASSIUM HEXACYANOFERRATE(II) TRIHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Potassium ferricyanide trihydrate; Potassium Ferrocyanide Trihydrate; Yellow prussiate; Iron(2+) potassium cyanide hydrate (1:4:6:3); tetrapotassium iron(2+) hexacyanide trihydrate; Ferrate(4-), hexakis(cyano-C)-, tetrapotassium, trihydrate, (OC-6-11)-|
|CUSTOMERS FOR POTASSIUM HEXACYANOFERRATE(II) TRIHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Potassium 2-Ethylhexanoate||Potassium Oxide||Potassium Chloride||Potassium Acetate||Potassium Wire|
|Potassium Nitrate||Potassium Metal||Potassium Oxide Pellets||Potassium Sodium Alloy||Potassium Sputtering Target|
|Potassium Oxide Nanopowder||Potassium Oxide Powder||Potassium Foil||Silver Potassium Cyanide||Potassium Pellets|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Potassium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Design and synthesis of new potassium channel activators derived from the ring opening of diazoxide: Study of their vasodilatory effect, stimulation of elastin synthesis and inhibitory effect on insulin release. Bouider N, Fhayli W, Ghandour Z, Boyer M, Harrouche K, Florence X, Pirotte B, Lebrun P, Faury G, Khelili S. Bioorg Med Chem. 2015 Feb 27.
- Geostatistical approach for management of soil nutrients with special emphasis on different forms of potassium considering their spatial variation in intensive cropping system of West Bengal, India. Chatterjee S, Santra P, Majumdar K, Ghosh D, Das I, Sanyal SK. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effect of glucose-insulin-potassium on hyperlactataemia in patients undergoing valvular heart surgery: A prospective, randomised controlled study. Un Roh G, Shim JK, Song JW, Kang HM, Kwak YL. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2015 Mar 10.
- Potassium Abnormalities in Current Clinical Practice: Frequency, Causes, Severity and Management. Eliacik E, Yildirim T, Sahin U, Kizilarslanoglu C, Tapan U, Aybal-Kutlugun A, Hascelik G, Arici M. Med Princ Pract. 2015 Mar 11.
- Comparison of urinary sodium and potassium in children older than two with idiopathic hypercalciuria and a healthy control group in Bandar-Abbas, Iran, in 2013. Ajdadi E, Esteghamati M, Ghasemi K, Shahvari SZ. Electron Physician. 2014 Jul 1
- Effects of extracellular potassium diffusion on electrically coupled neuron networks. Wu XX, Shuai J. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2015 Feb
- Ionotropic cross-linked carbo-protein micro matrix system: An approach for improvement of drug release, compaction and tabletting behavior of losartan potassium. Khandai M, Chakraborty S, Ghosh AK. Curr Drug Deliv. 2015 Mar 10.
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Effect of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium activation on peripheral and central pain sensitization. Shen S, Cao S, Huang S, Chen J. J Surg Res. 2015 Jan 28.
- Magnolol and honokiol regulate the calcium-activated potassium channels signaling pathway in enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli-induced diarrhea mice. Deng Y, Han X, Tang S, Xiao W, Tan Z, Zhou C, Wang M, Kang J. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Two-pore-domain potassium channels: regulators of many cellular functions. Budde T, Daut J, Kurtz A, Pape HC. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- [New potassium binders effective: treatment of hyperkalaemia secondary to RAAS inhibitors]. Hoorn EJ. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2015
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
- Palpitations, potassium and the pump. Weiss JN. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Nitric oxide influences potassium currents in inner hair cells isolated from guinea-pig cochlea. Kimitsuki T. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2015 Mar 10.
- Erratum to: The Protective Effect of Epoxyeicosatrienoic Acids on Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury is Associated with PI3K/Akt Pathway and ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channels. Qu YY, Yuan MY, Liu Y, Zhu YL, Xiao XJ. Neurochem Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Soil microbial response to waste potassium silicate drilling fluid. Yao L, Anne Naeth M, Jobson A. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Mar 1
Recent Research & Development for Iron
- Iron Prevents the Development of Experimental Cerebral Malaria by Attenuating CXCR3-Mediated T Cell Chemotaxis. Van Den Ham KM, Shio MT, Rainone A, Fournier S, Krawczyk CM, Olivier M. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 13
- Virtual iron concentration imaging based on dual-energy CT for noninvasive quantification and grading of liver iron content: An iron overload rabbit model study. Luo XF, Yang Y, Yan J, Xie XQ, Zhang H, Chai WM, Wang L, Schmidt B, Yan FH. Eur Radiol. 2015 Mar 15.
- Parenteral iron therapy in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia during pregnancy: a randomized controlled trial. Tariq N, Ayub R, Khan WU, Ijaz S, Alam AY. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2015 Mar
- Effects of Iron Overload on the Bone Marrow Microenvironment in Mice. Zhang Y, Zhai W, Zhao M, Li D, Chai X, Cao X, Meng J, Chen J, Xiao X, Li Q, Mu J, Shen J, Meng A. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- An antioxidant-like action for non-peroxidisable phospholipids using ferrous iron as a peroxidation initiator. Cortie CH, Else PL. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Comparative Study of Iron Uptake Rates and Mechanisms amongst Marine and Fresh Water Cyanobacteria: Prevalence of Reductive Iron Uptake. Lis H, Kranzler C, Keren N, Shaked Y. Life (Basel). 2015 Mar 11
- Micron-sized iron oxide-containing particles for microRNA-targeted manipulation and MRI-based tracking of transplanted cells. Leder A, Raschzok N, Schmidt C, Arabacioglu D, Butter A, Kolano S, de Sousa Lisboa LS, Werner W, Polenz D, Reutzel-Selke A, Pratschke J, Sauer IM. Biomaterials. 2015 May
- The limitations of applying zero-valent iron technology in contaminants sequestration and the corresponding countermeasures: The development in zero-valent iron technology in the last two decades (1994-2014). Guan X, Sun Y, Qin H, Li J, Lo IM, He D, Dong H. Water Res. 2015 Feb 28
- The effects of iron limitation and cell density on prokaryotic metabolism and gene expression: Excerpts from Fusobacterium necrophorum strain 774 (sheep isolate). Antiabong JF, Ball AS, Brown MH. Gene. 2015 Mar 12.
- Removal of hexavalent chromium from aqueous solutions using micro zero-valent iron supported by bentonite layer. Daoud W, Ebadi T, Fahimifar A. Water Sci Technol. 2015 Mar
- Heparin-Engineered Mesoporous Iron Metal-Organic Framework Nanoparticles: Toward Stealth Drug Nanocarriers. Bellido E, Hidalgo T, Lozano MV, Guillevic M, Simón-Vázquez R, Santander-Ortega MJ, González-Fernández Á, Serre C, Alonso MJ, Horcajada P. Adv Healthc Mater. 2015 Mar 12.
- Iron misregulation and neurodegenerative disease in mouse models that lack iron regulatory proteins. Ghosh MC, Zhang L, Rouault TA. Neurobiol Dis. 2015 Mar 11.
- How to choose a precursor for decomposition solution-phase synthesis: the case of iron nanoparticles. Herman DA, Cheong-Tilley S, McGrath AJ, McVey BF, Lein M, Tilley RD. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 16.
- Iron Supplementation Attenuates the Inflammatory Status of Anemic Piglets by Regulating Hepcidin. Pu Y, Guo B, Liu D, Xiong H, Wang Y, Du H. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Redox speciation analysis of dissolved iron in estuarine and coastal waters with on-line solid phase extraction and graphite furnace atomic absorption spectrometry detection. Chen Y, Feng S, Huang Y, Yuan D. Talanta. 2015 May
- Preparation of magnetic core-shell iron oxide-silica-nickel-ethylene glycol microspheres for highly efficient sorption of uranium(vi). Tan L, Zhang X, Liu Q, Wang J, Sun Y, Jing X, Liu J, Song D, Liu L. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Genetic and biochemical investigations of the role of MamP in redox control of iron biomineralization in Magnetospirillum magneticum. Jones SR, Wilson TD, Brown ME, Rahn-Lee L, Yu Y, Fredriksen LL, Ozyamak E, Komeili A, Chang MC. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Mar 16.
- Redox-activity and self-organization of iron-porphyrin monolayers at a copper/electrolyte interface. Phan TH, Wandelt K. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14