High Purity Ga Samples
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Eletro-negativity||Specific Heat||Heat of Vaporization||Heat of Fusion||MSDS|
|69.72||Silvery||5.91 g/cm3||N/A||29.78 °C||2403 °C|| 0.281 W/cm·K
| 17.4 µΩ·cm
|1.81 Pauings|| 0.089 Cal/g/K
|254 kJ/mol||5.59 kJ/mol||Safety Data Sheet|
Gallium samples are suitable for metallurgical analysis, chemical analysis, physical testing, mechanical testing, failure analysis, fire & flammability testing, contaminant identification and weatherization studies. Metallurgical testing is used to determine quality by analyzing the microstructure of a sample under a microscope. American Elements specializes in producing irregular shaped Gallium Samples with the highest possible density and smallest possible average grain sizes for use in Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD) and Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) processes including Thermal and Electron Beam (E-Beam) Evaporation, Low Temperature Organic Evaporation, Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), Metallic-Organic and Chemical Vapor Deposition (MOCVD). Gallium samples are available in dimensions appropriate for numerous testing procedures. Materials are produced using crystallization, solid state and other ultra high purification processes such as sublimation. Gallium samples are suitable for metallurgical analysis, chemical analysis, physical testing, mechanical testing, failure analysis, fire & flammability testing, contaminant identification and weatherization studies. Metallurgical testing is used to determine quality by analyzing the microstructure of a sample under a microscope. American Elements specializes in producing custom compositions for commercial and research applications and for new proprietary technologies. American Elements also casts any of the rare earth metals and most other advanced materials into rod, bar or plate form, as well as other machined shapes and through other processes such as nanoparticles (See also application discussion at Nanotechnology Information and at Quantum Dots) and in the form of solutions and organometallics. See safety data and research below and pricing/lead time above. We also produce Gallium as rod, ingot, powder, pellets, disc, granules, wire, and in compound forms, such as oxide. Other shapes are available by request. A wide variety of American Elements products are available in sample form for materials and metallurgical testing procedures. Gallium samples vary in size and thickness.
Gallium (atomic symbol: Ga, atomic number: 31) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 69.723. The number of electrons in each of Gallium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 3 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p1. The gallium atom has a radius of 122.1 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 187 pm. Gallium was predicted by Dmitri Mendeleev in 1871. It was first discovered and isoalted by Hans Christian Oersted in 1825. In its elemental form, gallium has a silvery appearance. Gallium is one of three elements that occur naturally as a liquid at room temperature, the other two being mercury and cesium. Gallium does not exist as a free element in nature and is sourced commercially from bauxite and sphalerite. Currently, gallium is used in semiconductor materials for microelectronics and optics. The element name originates from the Latin word 'Gallia', the old name of France, and the word 'Gallus,' meaning rooster. For more information on gallium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of gallium products, visit the Gallium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 2803 8/PG 3
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Gallium
- Ultrasonic cavitation of molten gallium: formation of micro- and nano-spheres. Kumar VB, Gedanken A, Kimmel G, Porat Z. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014
- Retardation Mechanism of Ultrathin Al(2)O(3) Interlayer on Y(2)O(3) Passivated Gallium Nitride Surface. Quah HJ, Cheong KY. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014
- Efficacy of gallium maltolate against Lawsonia intracellularis infection in a rabbit model. Sampieri F, Allen AL, Alcorn J, Clark CR, Vannucci FA, Pusterla N, Mapes SM, Ball KR, Dowling PM, Thompson J, Bernstein LR, Gebhart CJ, Hamilton DL. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2014
- Colloidal nickel/gallium nanoalloys obtained from organometallic precursors in conventional organic solvents and in ionic liquids: noble-metal-free alkyne semihydrogenation catalysts. Schütte K, Doddi A, Kroll C, Meyer H, Wiktor C, Gemel C, van Tendeloo G, Fischer RA, Janiak C. Nanoscale. 2014
- Measuring systolic ankle and toe pressure using the strain gauge technique - a comparison study between mercury and indium-gallium strain gauges. Broholm R, Wiinberg N, Simonsen L. Scand J Clin Lab Invest. 2014
- Main group bismuth(III), gallium(III) and diorganotin(IV) complexes derived from bis(2-acetylpyrazine)thiocarbonohydrazone: synthesis, crystal structures and biological evaluation. Zhang N, Tai Y, Li M, Ma P, Zhao J, Niu J. Dalton Trans. 2014
- Slow and Fast Singlet Energy Transfers in BODIPY-gallium(III)corrole Dyads Linked by Flexible Chains. Brizet B, Desbois N, Bonnot A, Langlois A, Dubois A, Barbe JM, Gros CP, Goze C, Denat F, Harvey PD. Inorg Chem. 2014
- Benefits of NOPO As Chelator in Gallium-68 Peptides, Exemplified by Preclinical Characterization of (68)Ga-NOPO-c(RGDfK). SimeÄek J, Notni J, Kapp TG, Kessler H, Wester HJ. Mol Pharm. 2014
- Gallium-68 DOTATOC PET/CT In Vivo Characterization of Somatostatin Receptor Expression in the Prostate. Todorović-Tirnanić MV, Gajić MM, Obradović VB, Baum RP. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2014
- Photodeposition of copper and chromia on gallium oxide: the role of co-catalysts in photocatalytic water splitting. Busser GW, Mei B, Pougin A, Strunk J, Gutkowski R, Schuhmann W, Willinger MG, SchlÃgl R, Muhler M. ChemSusChem. 2014
- Synthesis and characterization of functional multicomponent nanosized gallium chelated gold crystals. Zambre A, Silva F, Upendran A, Afrasiabi Z, Xin Y, Paulo A, Kannan R. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014
- Gallium phosphinoarylbisthiolato complexes counteract drug resistance of cancer cells. Fischer-Fodor E, VÄƒlean AM, Virag P, Ilea P, Tatomir C, Imre-Lucaci F, Schrepler MP, Krausz LT, Tudoran LB, Precup CG, Lupan I, Hey-Hawkins E, Silaghi-Dumitrescu L. Metallomics. 2014
- Demonstrating the capability of the high-performance plasmonic gallium-graphene couple. Losurdo M, Yi C, Suvorova A, Rubanov S, Kim TH, Giangregorio MM, Jiao W, Bergmair I, Bruno G, Brown AS. ACS Nano. 2014
- Gallium nitrate ameliorates type II collagen-induced arthritis in mice. Choi JH, Lee JH, Roh KH, Seo SK, Choi IW, Park SG, Lim JG, Lee WJ, Kim MH, Cho KR, Kim YJ. Int Immunopharmacol. 2014
- Electrochemically deposited gallium oxide nanostructures on silicon substrates. Ghazali NM, Mahmood MR, Yasui K, Hashim AM. Nanoscale Res Lett. 2014
- Bulk mixed ion electron conduction in amorphous gallium oxide causes memristive behaviour. Aoki Y, Wiemann C, Feyer V, Kim HS, Schneider CM, Ill-Yoo H, Martin M. Nat Commun. 2014
- Masking of Lewis acidity trends in the solid-state structures of trichlorido- and tribromido(2,2':6',2''-terpyridine-Îº(3)N,N',N'')gallium(III). Kazakov IV, Bodensteiner M, Timoshkin AY. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2014
- Pharmacokinetics of gallium maltolate in Lawsonia intracellularis-infected and uninfected rabbits. Sampieri F, Alcorn J, Allen AL, Clark CR, Vannucci FA, Pusterla N, Mapes S, Ball KR, Dowling PM, Thompson J, Bernstein LR, Gebhart CJ, Hamilton DL. J Vet Pharmacol Ther. 2014
- Efficient eye-safe neodymium doped composite yttrium gallium garnet crystal laser. Yu H, Wang S, Han S, Wu K, Su L, Zhang H, Wang Z, Xu J, Wang J. Opt Lett. 2014
- Indium-chlorine and gallium-chlorine tetrasubstituted phthalocyanines in a bulk system, Langmuir monolayers and Langmuir-Blodgett nanolayers - Spectroscopic investigations. Bursa B, Wróbel D, Biadasz A, Kędzierski K, Lewandowska K, Graja A, Szybowicz M, Durmuş M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Doubly TEMPO-coordinated gadolinium(iii), lanthanum(iii), and yttrium(iii) complexes. Strong superexchange coupling across rare earth ions. Murakami R, Nakamura T, Ishida T. Dalton Trans. 2014.
- Nuclear magnetization in gallium arsenide quantum dots at zero magnetic field. Sallen G, Kunz S, Amand T, Bouet L, Kuroda T, Mano T, Paget D, Krebs O, Marie X, Sakoda K, Urbaszek B. Nat Commun. 2014.
- Clinical significance of late gadolinium enhancement in patients <20 years of age with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. Smith BM, Dorfman AL, Yu S, Russell MW, Agarwal PP, Mahani MG, Lu JC. Am J Cardiol. 2014
- Gallium oxide nanorods: novel, template-free synthesis and high catalytic activity in epoxidation reactions. Lueangchaichaweng W, Brooks NR, Fiorilli S, Gobechiya E, Lin K, Li L, Parres-Esclapez S, Javon E, Bals S, Van Tendeloo G, Martens JA, Kirschhock CE, Jacobs PA, Pescarmona PP. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014.
- Ultrasonic cavitation of molten gallium: Formation of micro- and nano-spheres. Kumar VB, Gedanken A, Kimmel G, Porat Z. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014.
- Synthesis and characterization of functional multicomponent nanosized gallium chelated gold crystals. Zambre A, Silva F, Upendran A, Afrasiabi Z, Xin Y, Paulo A, Kannan R. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Jan.
- Gallium SPECT/CT for Permanent Catheter Infection. Chuang TL, Wang YF. Clin Nucl Med. 2014.
- Acute gangrenous cholecystitis diagnosed on gallium scan. Ma HY, Freeman LM. Clin Nucl Med. 2014 Mar.
- Microencapsulation of gallium-indium (Ga-In) liquid metal for self-healing applications. Blaiszik BJ, Jones AR, Sottos NR, White SR. J Microencapsul. 2014.
- The structure of hyperalkaline aqueous solutions containing high concentrations of gallium - a solution X-ray diffraction and computational study. Radnai T, Bálint S, Bakó I, Megyes T, Grósz T, Pallagi A, Peintler G, Pálinkó I, Sipos P. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014.
- Lacrimal Gland Uptake of (67)Ga-gallium Citrate Correlates with Biopsy Results in Patients with Suspected Sarcoidosis. Tannen BL, Kolomeyer AM, Turbin RE, Frohman L, Langer PD, Oh C, Ghesani NV, Zuckier LS, Chu DS. Ocul Immunol Inflamm. 2014.
- Organo-gallium/indium chalcogenide complexes of copper(i): molecular structures and thermal decomposition to ternary semiconductors. Kluge O, Biedermann R, Holldorf J, Krautscheid H. Chemistry. 2014 Jan.
- Gallium-mediated siderophore quenching as an evolutionarily robust antibacterial treatment. Ross-Gillespie A, Weigert M, Brown SP, Kümmerli R. Evol Med Public Health. 2014 Jan.
- Effect of Microtextured Surface Topography on the Wetting Behavior of Eutectic Gallium-Indium Alloys. Kramer RK, Boley JW, Stone HA, Weaver JC, Wood RJ. Langmuir. 2014 Jan.
- Gallium-68 DOTATOC PET/CT In Vivo Characterization of Somatostatin Receptor Expression in the Prostate. Todorovic-Tirnanic MV, Gajic MM, Obradovic VB, Baum RP. Cancer Biother Radiopharm. 2014 Jan.
- A hybrid density functional view of native vacancies in gallium nitride. Gillen R, Robertson J. J Phys Condens Matter.
- Effect of microtextured surface topography on the wetting behavior of eutectic gallium-indium alloys. Kramer RK, Boley JW, Stone HA, Weaver JC, Wood RJ. Langmuir. 2014.
- Total neutron scattering investigation of the structure of a cobalt gallium oxide spinel prepared by solvothermal oxidation of gallium metal. Playford HY, Hannon AC, Tucker MG, Lees MR, Walton RI. J Phys Condens Matter.
- Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS) Photovoltaic Devices Made Using Multistep Selenization of Nanocrystal Films. Harvey TB, Mori I, Stolle CJ, Bogart TD, Ostrowski DP, Glaz MS, Du J, Pernik DR, Akhavan VA, Kesrouani H, Vanden Bout DA, Korgel BA. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces.