|(2N) 99% Graphene Nanoplatelets
|(3N) 99.9% Graphene Nanoplatelets
|(4N) 99.99% Graphene Nanoplatelets
|(5N) 99.999% Graphene Nanoplatelets
Graphene Nanoplatelets are graphene nanoparticles composed of multilayer graphene sheets in a "platelet" morphology. The unique shape with a high aspect ratio of thinness to width give them excellent electrical and thermal conductivity and make them ideal for applications such as strengthening composites and matrix materials, serving as barriers. American Elements produces graphene nanoplatelets in multiple sizes and grades; they are also available in dispersion and as graphene nanoplatelet aggregates. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available. American Elements can produce most materials in high purity and ultra high purity (up to 99.99999%) forms and follows applicable ASTM testing standards; a range of grades are available including Mil Spec (military grade), ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade, Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade, Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia). We can also produce materials to custom specifications by request, in addition to custom compositions for commercial and research applications and new proprietary technologies. Typical and custom packaging is available, as is additional research, technical and safety (MSDS) data. Please contact us above for information on specifications, lead time and pricing.
Carbon is a Block P, Group 12, Period 2 element. The number of electrons in each of Carbon's shells is 2, 4 and its electron configuration is [He] 2s2 2p2. In its elemental form, carbon's CAS number is 7440-44-0. Carbon is at the same time one of the softest (graphite) and hardest (diamond) materials found in nature. It is the 15th most abundant element in the Earth's crust, and the fourth most abundant element (by mass) in the universe after hydrogen, helium, and oxygen. Carbon was discovered by the Egyptians and Sumerians circa 3750 BC. It was first recognized as an element by Antoine Lavoisierby in 1789. For more information on carbon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of carbon products, visit the Carbon element page.
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.
Recent Research & Development for Carbon
- Computational protein design enables a novel one-carbon assimilation pathway. Siegel JB, Smith AL, Poust S, Wargacki AJ, Bar-Even A, Louw C, Shen BW, Eiben CB, Tran HM, Noor E, Gallaher JL, Bale J, Yoshikuni Y, Gelb MH, Keasling JD, Stoddard BL, Lidstrom ME, Baker D. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Mar 9.
- Super-hydrophobic multi-walled carbon nanotube coatings for stainless steel. Nicola F, Castrucci P, Scarselli M, Nanni F, Cacciotti I, Crescenzi M. Nanotechnology. 2015 Mar 16
- Carbon Monoxide Pollution and Neurodevelopment: A Public Health Concern. Levy RJ. Neurotoxicol Teratol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Biomass-derived nitrogen self-doped porous carbon as effective metal-free catalysts for oxygen reduction reaction. Liu X, Zhou Y, Zhou W, Li L, Huang S, Chen S. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 16.
- Synthesis and Photochemical Applications of Processable Polymers Enclosing Photoluminescent Carbon Quantum Dots. Mosconi D, Mazzier D, Silvestrini S, Privitera A, Marega C, Franco L, Moretto A. ACS Nano. 2015 Mar 15.
- Successful Treatment of a Large Solitary Nasal Tip Trichoepithelioma Using the 10,600-nm Carbon Dioxide Laser. Yong AA, Goh CL. Dermatol Surg. 2015 Mar 12.
- Tunable Amphiphilicity and Multifunctional Applications of Ionic-Liquid-Modified Carbon Quantum Dots. Wang B, Song A, Feng L, Ruan H, Li H, Dong S, Hao J. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 16.
- The limitation of carbon sink in Western Siberian forest ecosystems. Voronin PY, Mukhin VA, Konovalov PV, Sedelnikov VP, Kuznetsov VV. Dokl Biol Sci. 2015 Jan
- Carbon nanotube-assisted optical activation of TGF-β signalling by near-infrared light. Lin L, Liu L, Zhao B, Xie R, Lin W, Li H, Li Y, Shi M, Chen YG, Springer TA, Chen X. Nat Nanotechnol. 2015 Mar 16.
- Determination of N-nitrosodiethanolamine, NDELA in cosmetic ingredients and products by mixed mode solid phase extraction and UPLC-tandem mass spectrometry with porous graphitic carbon column through systemic sample pre-cleanup procedure. Joo KM, Shin MS, Jung JH, Kim BM, Lee JW, Jeong HJ, Lim KM. Talanta. 2015 May
- Tillage and crop residue management methods had minor effects on the stock and stabilization of topsoil carbon in a 30-year field experiment. Singh P, Heikkinen J, Ketoja E, Nuutinen V, Palojärvi A, Sheehy J, Esala M, Mitra S, Alakukku L, Regina K. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Mar 12
- Permafrost carbon-climate feedback is sensitive to deep soil carbon decomposability but not deep soil nitrogen dynamics. Koven CD, Lawrence DM, Riley WJ. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2015 Mar 9.
- Ni-SiO2 Catalysts for the Carbon Dioxide Reforming of Methane: Varying Support Properties by Flame Spray Pyrolysis. Lovell EC, Scott J, Amal R. Molecules. 2015 Mar 12
- [A field study of tundra plant litter decomposition rate via mass loss and carbon dioxide emission: the role of biotic and abiotic controls, biotope, season of year, and spatial-temporal scale]. [No authors listed] Zh Obshch Biol. 2014 May-Jun
- Dynamics of Maize Carbon Contribution to Soil Organic Carbon in Association with Soil Type and Fertility Level. Pei J, Li H, Li S, An T, Farmer J, Fu S, Wang J. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 16
- One pot synthesis of highly luminescent polyethylene glycol anchored carbon dots functionalized with a nuclear localization signal peptide for cell nucleus imaging. Yang L, Jiang W, Qiu L, Jiang X, Zuo D, Wang D, Yang L. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 16.
- Coupling of remote sensing, field campaign, and mechanistic and empirical modeling to monitor spatiotemporal carbon dynamics of a Mediterranean watershed in a changing regional climate. Berberoglu S, Donmez C, Evrendilek F. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Non-metal single/dual doped carbon quantum dots: a general flame synthetic method and electro-catalytic properties. Han Y, Tang D, Yang Y, Li C, Kong W, Huang H, Liu Y, Kang Z. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 16.
- Role of integrin subunits in mesenchymal stem cell differentiation and osteoblast maturation on graphitic carbon-coated microstructured surfaces. Olivares-Navarrete R, Rodil SE, Hyzy SL, Dunn GR, Almaguer-Flores A, Schwartz Z, Boyan BD. Biomaterials. 2015 May
- Efficient in vitro and in vivo pulmonary delivery of nucleic acid by carbon dot-based nanocarriers. Pierrat P, Wang R, Kereselidze D, Lux M, Didier P, Kichler A, Pons F, Lebeau L. Biomaterials. 2015 May