|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Hafnium Nitrate||HF-NAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Hafnium Nitrate||HF-NAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Hafnium Nitrate||HF-NAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Hafnium Nitrate||HF-NAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|Hf(NO 3)4||15509-05-4||113460343||167292||MFCD00792273||N/A||hafnium(4+) tetranitrate||[Hf].O=[N+]([O-])[
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|HfN 4O12||426.51||N/A||N/A||427.898||427.898||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Hafnium Nitrate is a moderately water soluble crystalline Hafnium source that decomposes to Hafnium oxide on heating. It is generally immediately available in most volumes. Acetates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds and certain catalyst and nanoscale(nanoparticles and nanopowders) materials. All metallic acetates are inorganic salts of a metal cation and the acetate anion. The acetate anion is a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of two carbon atoms ionically bound to three hydrogen and two oxygen atoms (Symbol: CH3COO) for a total formula weight of 59.05. Ultra high purity, high purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Nitrate compounds are generally soluble in water. Nitrate materials are also oxidizing agents. When mixed with hydrocarbons, nitrate compounds can form a flammable mixture. Nitrates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds and certain catalyst and nanoscale(nanoparticles and nanopowders) materials. All metallic nitrates are inorganic salts of a given metal cation and the nitrate anion. The nitrate anion is a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of a single nitrogen atom ionically bound to three oxygen atoms (Symbol: NO3) for a total formula weight of 62.05. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Hafnium (atomic symbol: Hf, atomic number: 72) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 178.49. The number of electrons in each of Hafnium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f14 5d2 6s2. The hafnium atom has a radius of 159 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 212 pm. Hafnium was predicted by Dmitri Mendeleev in 1869 but it was not until 1922 that it was first isolated Dirk Coster and George de Hevesy. In its elemental form, hafnium has a lustrous silvery-gray appearance. Hafnium does not exist as a free element in nature. It is found in zirconium compounds such as zircon. Hafnium is often a component of superalloys and circuits used in semiconductor device fabrication. Its name is derived from the Latin word Hafnia, meaning Copenhagen, where it was discovered. For more information on hafnium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of hafnium products, visit the Hafnium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|HAFNIUM NITRATE SYNONYMS|
|Hafnium tetranitrate, Nitric acid, hafnium(4+) salt, Hafnium (+4) cation tetranitrate|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Hafnium
- Activation cross sections of α-particle induced nuclear reactions on hafnium and deuteron induced nuclear reaction on tantalum: production of 178W/(178m)Ta generator. Tárkányi F, Takács S, Ditrói F, Hermanne A, Ignatyuk AV, Uddin MS. Appl Radiat Isot. 2014 Sep
- Preparation of octahydro- and tetrahydro-[1,10]phenanthroline zirconium and hafnium complexes for olefin polymerization. Hwang EY, Park GH, Lee CS, Kang YY, Lee J, Lee BY. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 10
- Aqueous hafnium sulfate chemistry: structures of crystalline precipitates. Kalaji A, Soderholm L. Inorg Chem. 2014 Oct 20
- Optical analysis of hafnium oxide-aluminum multilayer structures for transparent heat mirrors. Ramzan M, Rana AM, Hafeez M, Ahmed E, Bhatti AS, Wasiq MF, Nadeem MY. Acta Chim Slov. 2014
- Hafnium silicate: a new microwave dielectric ceramic with low thermal expansivity. Varghese J, Joseph T, Surendran KP, Rajan TP, Sebastian MT. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 3
- Application of the Zr/Hf ratio in the determination of hafnium in geochemical samples by high-resolution inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. Liu YX, Li QX, Ma N, Sun XL, Bai JF, Zhang Q. Anal Chem. 2014 Dec 2
- Laser-induced damage in composites of scandium, hafnium, aluminum oxides with silicon oxide in the infrared. Fu X, Commandré M, Gallais L, Mende M, Ehlers H, Ristau D. Appl Opt. 2014 Feb 1
- A hafnium-based metal-organic framework as an efficient and multifunctional catalyst for facile CO2 fixation and regioselective and enantioretentive epoxide activation. Beyzavi MH, Klet RC, Tussupbayev S, Borycz J, Vermeulen NA, Cramer CJ, Stoddart JF, Hupp JT, Farha OK. J Am Chem Soc. 2014 Nov 12
- Mononuclear and terminal zirconium and hafnium methylidenes. Kamitani M, Pinter B, Chen CH, Pink M, Mindiola DJ. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014 Oct 6
- Electric field cycling behavior of ferroelectric hafnium oxide. Schenk T, Schroeder U, Peši? M, Popovici M, Pershin YV, Mikolajick T. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Nov 26
- The energy landscape of glassy dynamics on the amorphous hafnium diboride surface. Nguyen D, Mallek J, Cloud AN, Abelson JR, Girolami GS, Lyding J, Gruebele M. J Chem Phys. 2014 Nov 28
- Ferroelastic domain organization and precursor control of size in solution-grown hafnium dioxide nanorods. Depner SW, Cultrara ND, Farley KE, Qin Y, Banerjee S. ACS Nano. 2014 May 27
- Crystal structure of bis-(η(5)-cyclo-penta-dien-yl)(2,3-di-ethyl-butane-1,4-di-yl)hafnium(IV). Burlakov VV, Baumann W, Arndt P, Spannenberg A, Rosenthal U. Acta Crystallogr E Crystallogr Commun. 2015 Jan 1
- Hafnium sulfate prenucleation clusters and the Hf(18) polyoxometalate red herring. Ruther RE, Baker BM, Son JH, Casey WH, Nyman M. Inorg Chem. 2014 Apr 21
- Unusual hafnium-pyridylamido/ER(n) heterobimetallic adducts (ER(n) = ZnR2 or AlR3). Rocchigiani L, Busico V, Pastore A, Talarico G, Macchioni A. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014 Feb 17
- Single-source-precursor synthesis of hafnium-containing ultrahigh-temperature ceramic nanocomposites (UHTC-NCs). Yuan J, Hapis S, Breitzke H, Xu Y, Fasel C, Kleebe HJ, Buntkowsky G, Riedel R, Ionescu E. Inorg Chem. 2014 Oct 6
- Effect of hafnium and titanium coated implants on several blood biochemical markers after osteosynthesis in rabbits. Yousef A, Akhtyamov I, Shakirova F, Zubairova L, Gatina E, Aliev CIe. Int J Clin Exp Med. 2014 Oct 15
- Hafnium oxide nanoparticles: toward an in vitro predictive biological effect? Marill J, Anesary NM, Zhang P, Vivet S, Borghi E, Levy L, Pottier A. Radiat Oncol. 2014 Jun 30
- Monoclinic hafnium oxynitride supported on reduced graphene oxide to catalyse the oxygen reduction reaction in acidic media. Chisaka M, Sasaki H, Muramoto H. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2014 Oct 14
- Changing hafnium speciation in aqueous sulfate solutions: a high-energy X-ray scattering study. Kalaji A, Skanthakumar S, Kanatzidis MG, Mitchell JF, Soderholm L. Inorg Chem. 2014 Jun 16
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Effects of inorganic nitrate and beetroot supplementation on endothelial function: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lara J, Ashor AW, Oggioni C, Ahluwalia A, Mathers JC, Siervo M. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar 13.
- Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal Suppository 1,200 mg versus Oral Fluconazole 150 mg in Treating Severe Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. Fan S, Liu X, Liang Y. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2015 Feb 17.
- Nitrite control over dissimilatory nitrate/nitrite reduction pathways in Shewanella loihica strain PV-4. Yoon S, Sanford R, Löffler FE. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Skeletal muscle as an endogenous nitrate reservoir. Piknova B, Park JW, Swanson KM, Dey S, Noguchi CT, Schechter AN. Nitric Oxide. 2015 Feb 26
- Remediation of nitrate-nitrogen contaminated groundwater using a pilot-scale two-layer heterotrophic-autotrophic denitrification permeable reactive barrier with spongy iron/pine bark. Huang G, Huang Y, Hu H, Liu F, Zhang Y, Deng R. Chemosphere. 2015 Mar 3
- Seasonal nitrate algorithms for nitrate retrieval using OCEANSAT-2 and MODIS-AQUA satellite data. Durairaj P, Sarangi RK, Ramalingam S, Thirunavukarassu T, Chauhan P. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effects of nitrate dosing on sulfidogenic and methanogenic activities in sewer sediment. Liu Y, Sharma KR, Ni BJ, Fan L, Murthy S, Tyson GQ, Yuan Z. Water Res. 2015 Feb 17
- Short-Term Effects of a High Nitrate Diet on Nitrate Metabolism in Healthy Individuals. Bondonno CP, Liu AH, Croft KD, Ward NC, Puddey IB, Woodman RJ, Hodgson JM. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 12
- The Nitric Oxide Production in the Moss Physcomitrella patens Is Mediated by Nitrate Reductase. Medina-Andrés R, Solano-Peralta A, Saucedo-Vázquez JP, Napsucialy-Mendivil S, Pimentel-Cabrera JA, Sosa-Torres ME, Dubrovsky JG, Lira-Ruan V. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 5
- Nephrotoxic effects of lead nitrate exposure in diabetic and nondiabetic rats: Involvement of oxidative stress and the protective role of sodium selenite. Ba? H, Kalender Y. Environ Toxicol. 2015 Mar 2.
- Cost-effective bioregeneration of nitrate-laden ion exchange brine through deliberate bicarbonate incorporation. Li Q, Huang B, Chen X, Shi Y. Water Res. 2015 Feb 24
- 50 Years Ago in TheJournal ofPediatrics: Congenital Pyloric Stenosis: A Controlled Evaluation of Medical Treatment Utilizing Methyl-Scopolamine-Nitrate. Gisser JM, Hill ID. J Pediatr. 2015 Mar
- Ni-induced Changes in Nitrate Assimilation and Antioxidant Metabolism of Verbascum olympicum Boiss.: Could the Plant be Useful for Phytoremediation or/and Restoration Purposes? Akpinar A, Arslan H, Güleryüz G, K?rm?z? S, Erdem?r ÜS, Güçer ?. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- AtNIGT1/HRS1 integrates nitrate and phosphate signals at the Arabidopsis root tip. Medici A, Marshall-Colon A, Ronzier E, Szponarski W, Wang R, Gojon A, Crawford NM, Ruffel S, Coruzzi GM, Krouk G. Nat Commun. 2015 Feb 27
- Gill histopathologies following exposure to nanosilver or silver nitrate. Hawkins AD, Thornton C, Kennedy AJ, Bu K, Cizdziel J, Jones BW, Steevens JA, Willett KL. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2015
- Visible light photooxidation of nitrate: the dawn of a nocturnal radical. Hering T, Slanina T, Hancock A, Wille U, König B. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.
- New organic nitrate-containing benzyloxy isonipecotanilide derivatives with vasodilatory and anti-platelet activity. Candia M, Marini E, Zaetta G, Cellamare S, Stilo AD, Altomare CD. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2015 Mar 10.
- Tepidicaulis marinus gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium reducing nitrate to nitrous oxide strictly under microaerobic conditions. Takeuchi M, Yamagishi T, Kamagata Y, Oshima K, Hattori M, Katayama T, Hanada S, Tamaki H, Marumo K, Maeda H, Nedachi M, Iwasaki W, Suwa Y, Sakata S. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2015 Mar 4.
- Surface Modification of Pt(100) for Electrocatalytic Nitrate Reduction to Dinitrogen in Alkaline Solution. Chen T, Li H, Ma H, Koper MT. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 3.
- Erratum: "Phase diagram of ammonium nitrate" [J. Chem. Phys. 139, 214503 (2013)]. Dunuwille M, Yoo CS. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14