|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Hafnium Nitrate||HF-NAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Hafnium Nitrate||HF-NAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Hafnium Nitrate||HF-NAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Hafnium Nitrate||HF-NAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||SMILES
|Hf(NO 3)4||15509-05-4||113460343||167292||MFCD00792273||N/A||hafnium(4+) tetranitrate||[Hf].O=[N+]([O-])[
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|HfN 4O12||426.51||N/A||N/A||427.898||427.898||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Hafnium Nitrate is a moderately water soluble crystalline Hafnium source that decomposes to Hafnium oxide on heating. It is generally immediately available in most volumes. Acetates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds and certain catalyst and nanoscale(nanoparticles and nanopowders) materials. All metallic acetates are inorganic salts of a metal cation and the acetate anion. The acetate anion is a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of two carbon atoms ionically bound to three hydrogen and two oxygen atoms (Symbol: CH3COO) for a total formula weight of 59.05. Ultra high purity, high purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. Nitrate compounds are generally soluble in water. Nitrate materials are also oxidizing agents. When mixed with hydrocarbons, nitrate compounds can form a flammable mixture. Nitrates are excellent precursors for production of ultra high purity compounds and certain catalyst and nanoscale(nanoparticles and nanopowders) materials. All metallic nitrates are inorganic salts of a given metal cation and the nitrate anion. The nitrate anion is a univalent (-1 charge) polyatomic ion composed of a single nitrogen atom ionically bound to three oxygen atoms (Symbol: NO3) for a total formula weight of 62.05. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Hafnium (atomic symbol: Hf, atomic number: 72) is a Block D, Group 4, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 178.49. The number of electrons in each of Hafnium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 32, 10, 2 and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f14 5d2 6s2. The hafnium atom has a radius of 159 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 212 pm. Hafnium was predicted by Dmitri Mendeleev in 1869 but it was not until 1922 that it was first isolated Dirk Coster and George de Hevesy. In its elemental form, hafnium has a lustrous silvery-gray appearance. Hafnium does not exist as a free element in nature. It is found in zirconium compounds such as zircon. Hafnium is often a component of superalloys and circuits used in semiconductor fabrication. Its name is derived from the Latin word Hafnia, meaning Copenhagen, where it was discoveredFor more information on hafnium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of hafnium products, visit the Hafnium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|HAFNIUM NITRATE SYNONYMS|
|Hafnium tetranitrate, Nitric acid, hafnium(4+) salt, Hafnium (+4) cation tetranitrate|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Hafnium
- Laser-induced damage in composites of scandium, hafnium, aluminum oxides with silicon oxide in the infrared. Fu X, Commandré M, Gallais L, Mende M, Ehlers H, Ristau D. Appl Opt. 2014
- Hafnium-silicon precipitate structure determination in a new heat-resistant ferritic alloy by precession electron diffraction techniques. Viladot D, Portillo J, Gemí M, Nicolopoulos S, Llorca-Isern N. Microsc Microanal. 2014 Feb.
- A novel nonanuclear hafnium oxide-hydroxide-sulphate cluster crystallised from aqueous solution. - Kalaji A, Soderholm L. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Jan.
- Unusual Hafnium-Pyridylamido/ERn Heterobimetallic Adducts (ERn =ZnR2 or AlR3 ). Rocchigiani L, Busico V, Pastore A, Talarico G, Macchioni A. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2014 Jan.
- Determination of hafnium at the 10(-4)% level (relative to zirconium content) using neutron activation analysis, inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry and inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectrometry. Smolik M, Polkowska-Motrenko H, Hubicki Z, Jakóbik-Kolon A, Danko B. Chim Acta. 2014 Jan
- Corrosion and tribocorrosion of hafnium in simulated body fluids. Rituerto Sin J, Neville A, Emami N. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2013 Dec 26.
- A novel nonanuclear hafnium oxide-hydroxide-sulphate cluster crystallised from aqueous solution. Kalaji A, Soderholm L. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Dec.
- Activation of dinitrogen-derived hafnium nitrides for nucleophilic n?c bond formation with a terminal isocyanate. Semproni SP, Chirik PJ. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Dec 2.
- Slow DNA Transport through Nanopores in Hafnium Oxide Membranes. Larkin J, Henley R, Bell DC, Cohen-Karni T, Rosenstein JK, Wanunu M. ACS Nano. 2013 Nov 26
- Simultaneous determinations of zirconium, hafnium, yttrium and lanthanides in seawater according to a co-precipitation technique onto iron-hydroxide. Raso M, Censi P, Saiano F. Talanta. 2013 Nov 15
- Aminopyridinate-FI Hybrids, Their Hafnium and Titanium Complexes, and Their Application in the Living Polymerization of 1-Hexene. Haas I, Dietel T, Press K, Kol M, Kempe R. Chemistry. 2013 Oct 11.
- Activation of Dinitrogen-Derived Hafnium Nitrides for Nucleophilic N?C Bond Formation with a Terminal Isocyanate. Semproni SP, Chirik PJ. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Oct 9.
- Slow DNA Transport through Nanopores in Hafnium Oxide Membranes. Larkin J, Henley R, Bell DC, Cohen-Karni T, Rosenstein JK, Wanunu M. ACS Nano. 2013 Oct.
- Effects of trimethylaluminium and tetrakis(ethylmethylamino) hafnium in the early stages of the atomic-layer-deposition of aluminum oxide and hafnium oxide on hydroxylated GaN nanoclusters. León-Plata PA, Coan MR, Seminario JM. J Mol Model. 2013 Oct.
- Aminopyridinate-FI Hybrids, Their Hafnium and Titanium Complexes, and Their Application in the Living Polymerization of 1-Hexene. Haas I, Dietel T, Press K, Kol M, Kempe R. Chemistry. 2013 Sep 3.
- Effects of trimethylaluminium and tetrakis(ethylmethylamino) hafnium in the early stages of the atomic-layer-deposition of aluminum oxide and hafnium oxide on hydroxylated GaN nanoclusters. León-Plata PA, Coan MR, Seminario JM. J Mol Model. 2013.
- Synthesis of a Base-Free Hafnium Nitride from N2 Cleavage: A Versatile Platform for Dinitrogen Functionalization. Semproni SP, Chirik PJ. J Am Chem Soc. 2013.
- Zirconium and Hafnium Complexes Containing N-Alkyl-Substituted Amine Biphenolate Ligands: Unexpected Ligand Degradation and Divergent Complex Constitutions Governed by N-Alkyls. Liang LC, Chien CC, Chen MT, Lin ST. Inorg Chem. 2013 Jun 17.
- Hafnium(IV) Tetratriflate as a Glycosyl Fluoride Activation Reagent. Manabe S, Ito Y. J Org Chem. 2013 May 3.
- The molecular frame electric dipole moment and hyperfine interactions in hafnium fluoride, HfF. Le A, Steimle TC, Skripnikov L, Titov AV. J Chem Phys. 2013.
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Screening of assimilatory and dissimilatory denitrifying microbes isolated from nitrate-contaminated water and soil. Seenivasagan R, Rajakumar S, Kasimani R, Ayyasamy PM. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2014 Aug.
- Copper, zinc superoxide dismutase and nitrate reductase coimmobilized bienzymatic biosensor for the simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate. Madasamy T, Pandiaraj M, Balamurugan M, Bhargava K, Sethy NK, Karunakaran C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Stable isotope analysis of plant-derived nitrate - Novel method for discrimination between organically and conventionally grown vegetables. Mihailova A, Pedentchouk N, Kelly SD. Food Chem. 2014 July
- Multicenter, double-blind, parallel group study investigating the non-inferiority of efficacy and safety of a 2% miconazole nitrate shampoo in comparison with a 2% ketoconazole shampoo in the treatment of seborrhoeic dermatitis of the scalp. Buechner SA. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014
- Effect of nitrate ions on the efficiency of sonophotochemical phenol degradation. Zaviska F, Drogui P, El Hachemi EM, Naffrechoux E. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Jan.
- Photoluminescence studies on the complexation of Eu(III) and Tb(III) with acetohydroxamic acid (AHA) in nitrate medium. Pathak PN, Mohapatra M, Godbole SV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- A potential carrier based on liquid crystal nanoparticles for ophthalmic delivery of pilocarpine nitrate. Li J, Wu L, Wu W, Wang B, Wang Z, Xin H, Xu Q. Int J Pharm. 2013 Oct.
- Synthesis, growth and characterization of a nonlinear optical crystal: Bis l-proline hydrogen nitrate. Selvaraju K, Kirubavathi K. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Nitrate removal from eutrophic wetlands polluted by metal-mine wastes: Effects of liming and plant growth. González-Alcaraz MN, Conesa HM, Alvarez-Rogel J. J Environ Manage. 2013 Oct.
- Affinity binding via Zinc(II) for controlled orientation and electrochemistry of Histidine-tagged nitrate reductase in self-assembled monolayers. Campbell WH, Henig J, Plumeré N. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013 Oct.
- The nitrate time bomb: a numerical way to investigate nitrate storage and lag time in the unsaturated zone. Wang L, Butcher AS, Stuart ME, Gooddy DC, Bloomfield JP. Environ Geochem Health. 2013 Oct.
- Direct and indirect photodegradation of estriol in the presence of humic acid, nitrate and iron complexes in water solutions. Chen Y, Zhang K, Zuo Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- Nitrate source apportionment in a subtropical watershed using Bayesian model. Yang L, Han J, Xue J, Zeng L, Shi J, Wu L, Jiang Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- A novel and efficient synthesis of diverse dihydronaphtho[1,2-b]furans using the ceric ammonium nitrate-catalyzed formal [3 + 2] cycloaddition of 1,4-naphthoquinones to olefins and its application to furomollugin. Xia L, Lee YR. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 Sep.
- Synthesis, spectroscopic (FT-IR/NMR) characterization, X-ray structure and DFT studies on (E)-2-(1-phenylethylidene) hydrazinecarboximidamide nitrate hemimethanol. Ozdemir N, Inkaya E, Saripinar E, Akyüz L, Ilhan IÖ, Aydin S, Dinçer M, Büyükgüngör O. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Oct.
- Comments on the "Nitrate contamination in ground water of some rural areas of Rajasthan, India" by Suthar et al. Satpathy KK, Padhi RK, Samantara MK. Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Nitrate-based niche differentiation by distinct sulfate-reducing bacteria involved in the anaerobic oxidation of methane. Green-Saxena A, Dekas AE, Dalleska NF, Orphan VJ. ISME J. 2013 Sep.
- Model-Based Integration and Analysis of Biogeochemical and Isotopic Dynamics in a Nitrate-Polluted Pyritic Aquifer. Zhang YC, Prommer H, Broers HP, Slomp CP, Greskowiak J, van der Grift B, Van Cappellen P. Environ Sci Technol. 2013.
- Raman Spectroscopic Study of Temperature and Pressure Effects on the Ionic Liquid Propylammonium Nitrate. Faria LF, Penna TC, Ribeiro MC. J Phys Chem B. 2013 Sep.
- Nitrogen Oxyanion Dependent Dissociation of a Two-Component Complex that Regulates Bacterial Nitrate Assimilation. Luque-Almagro VM, Lyall VJ, Ferguson SJ, Roldan MD, Richardson DJ, Gates AJ. J Biol Chem. 2013.