High Purity In Chunk
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Indium Chunk||IN-M-02-CK||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Indium Chunk||IN-M-03-CK||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Indium Chunk||IN-M-04-CK||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Indium Chunk||IN-M-05-CK||Request Quote|
|(6N) 99.9999% Indium Chunk||IN-M-06-CK||Request Quote|
|(7N) 99.99999% Indium Chunk||IN-M-07-CK||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Eletronegativity||Specific Heat||Heat of Vaporization||Heat of Fusion||MSDS|
|114.82||Silvery||7310 kg/m³||N/A||156.6 °C||2080°C||0.818 W/cm/K @ 298.2 K||8.37 microhm-cm @ 20°C||1.7 Paulings||0.056 Cal/g/K @ 25°C||53.7 K-Cal/gm atom at 2080 °C||0.781 Cal/gm mole||Safety Data Sheet|
American Elements specializes in producing high purity Indium Chunks are produced using crystallization, solid state and other ultra high purification processes such as sublimation. Standard Chunk pieces are amorphous uniform pieces ranging in size from 5-15 mm. American Elements specializes in producing custom compositions for commercial and research applications and for new proprietary technologies. American Elements also casts any of the rare earth metals and most other advanced materials into granules, rod, bar or plate form, as well as other machined shapes and through other processes such as nanoparticles and in the form of solutions and organometallics. We also produce Indium as rod, pellets, powder, pieces, disc, ingot, wire, and in compound forms, such as oxide. Other shapes are available by request.
Indium (atomic symbol: In, atomic number: 49) is a Block P, Group 13, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 114.818. The number of electrons in each of indium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 18, 3] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p1. The indium atom has a radius of 162.6 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 193 pm. Indium was discovered by Ferdinand Reich and Hieronymous Theodor Richter in 1863. It is a relatively rare, extremely soft metal is a lustrous silvery gray and is both malleable and easily fusible. It has similar chemical properties to gallium such as a low melting point and the ability to wet glass. Fields such as optics and microelectronics that utilize semiconductor technology have wide uses for indium, especially in the form of Indiun Tin Oxide (ITO). Thin films of Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS) are used in high-performing solar cells. Indium's name is derived from the Latin word indicum, meaning violet. For more information on indium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of indium products, visit the Indium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Indium
- The Structure and Properties of Amorphous Indium Oxide. Buchholz DB, Ma Q, Alducin D, Ponce A, Jose-Yacaman M, Khanal R, Medvedeva JE, Chang RP. Chem Mater. 2014 Sep 23
- Synthesis of silicon-germanium axial nanowire heterostructures in a solvent vapor growth system using indium and tin catalysts. Mullane E, Geaney H, Ryan KM. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Feb 25
- Iron- and Indium-Catalyzed Reactions toward Nitrogen- and Oxygen-Containing Saturated Heterocycles. Cornil J, Gonnard L, Bensoussan C, Serra-Muns A, Gnamm C, Commandeur C, Commandeur M, Reymond S, Guérinot A, Cossy J. Acc Chem Res. 2015 Feb 12.
- Yb7Ni4InGe12: a quaternary compound having mixed valent Yb atoms grown from indium flux. Subbarao U, Jana R, Chondroudi M, Balasubramanian M, Kanatzidis MG, Peter SC. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 10
- An indium tin oxide-free polymer solar cell on flexible glass. Formica N, Mantilla-Perez P, Ghosh DS, Janner D, Chen TL, Huang M, Garner S, Martorell J, Pruneri V. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 4
- The effect of steric changes on the isoselectivity of dinuclear indium catalysts for lactide polymerization. Osten KM, Aluthge DC, Mehrkhodavandi P. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 2.
- Highly scalable, uniform, and sensitive biosensors based on top-down indium oxide nanoribbons and electronic enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Aroonyadet N, Wang X, Song Y, Chen H, Cote RJ, Thompson ME, Datar RH, Zhou C. Nano Lett. 2015 Mar 11
- Indium-catalyzed, novel route to β,β-disubstituted indanones via tandem Nakamura addition-hydroarylation-decarboxylation sequence. Rajesh N, Prajapati D. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 10
- Indium oxide (In2O 3) nanoparticles induce progressive lung injury distinct from lung injuries by copper oxide (CuO) and nickel oxide (NiO) nanoparticles. Jeong J, Kim J, Seok SH, Cho WS. Arch Toxicol. 2015 Mar 3.
- The effects of post-processing on the surface and the optical properties of copper indium sulfide quantum dots. Akdas T, Distaso M, Kuhri S, Winter B, Birajdar B, Spiecker E, Guldi DM, Peukert W. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 May 1
- Indium(III)-Catalyzed Knoevenagel Condensation of Aldehydes and Activated Methylenes Using Acetic Anhydride as a Promoter. Ogiwara Y, Takahashi K, Kitazawa T, Sakai N. J Org Chem. 2015 Feb 26.
- Mechanically Sintered Gallium-Indium Nanoparticles. Boley JW, White EL, Kramer RK. Adv Mater. 2015 Feb 27.
- Synthesis, characterization and optical properties of ligand-protected indium nanoparticles. George A, Choudhary HK, Satpati B, Mandal S. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 4
- Indium triflate-catalyzed stereoselective tandem intramolecular conjugate addition of secondary amines to α,β-bisenones. Thirupathaiah B, Seo S. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 24
- Synthesis, characterization and investigation of the photophysical and photochemical properties of highly soluble novel metal-free, zinc(ii), and indium(iii) phthalocyanines substituted with 2,3,6-trimethylphenoxy moieties. Gürel E, Pi?kin M, Altun S, Odaba? Z, Durmu? M. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 4.
- Nanoscale Optical Properties of Indium Gallium Nitride/Gallium Nitride Nanodisk-in-Rod Heterostructures. Zhou X, Lu MY, Lu YJ, Jones EJ, Gwo S, Grade?ak S. ACS Nano. 2015 Feb 12.
- Transient Characteristics for Proton Gating in Laterally Coupled Indium-Zinc-Oxide Transistors. Liu N, Zhu LQ, Xiao H, Wan CJ, Liu YH, Chao JY. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 12.
- Influence of Source and Drain Contacts on the Properties of Indium-Gallium-Zinc-Oxide Thin-Film Transistors based on Amorphous Carbon Nanofilm as Barrier Layer. Luo D, Xu H, Zhao M, Li M, Xu M, Zou J, Tao H, Wang L, Peng J. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 18
- Clinical utility of indium 111-labeled white blood cell scintigraphy for evaluation of suspected infection. Lewis SS, Cox GM, Stout JE. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2014 Sep 17
- Tissue distribution of indium after repeated intratracheal instillations of indium-tin oxide into the lungs of hamsters. Tanaka A, Hirata M, Matsumura N, Kiyohara Y. J Occup Health. 2015 Jan 10.