Iridium Jewelry & Accessories • Iridium Wedding Bands • Iridium Bracelets • Watchbands and other Settings
Patented Maker of Iridium Jewelry
High Purity Ir Metal Rings
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Pure Iridium 2 mm Ring · Wedding Band||IR-M-028-WB.02MM||Request Quote|
|Pure Iridium 4 mm Ring · Wedding Band||IR-M-028-WB.04MM||Request Quote|
|Pure Iridium 6 mm Ring · Wedding Band||IR-M-028-WB.06MM||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Eletronegativity||Specific Heat||Heat of Vaporization||Heat of Fusion||MSDS|
|192.22||Gray||22.42 gm/cc||N/A||2410 °C||4130°C||1.47 W/cm/K @ 298.2 K||5.3 microhm-cm @ 20°C||2.2 Paulings||0.0317 Cal/g/K @ 25 °C||152 K-cal/gm atom at 4130°C||6.6 Cal/gm mole||Safety Data Sheet|
In September 2009 Americans Elements announced the creation of the first pure Iridium Jewelry filing a patent on the invention. Since their launch Iridium wedding rings have been acquired by people as diverse as a well-known L.A. artist and an important London banker (all of whom shall remain anonymous). Iridium is the lowest tarnishing metal in the universe and will thus hold its unique silver-gray luster longer and under more extreme conditions than even gold, silver and platinum making it the perfect expression of eternal love.
Why might you ask has it taken so long for Iridium jewelry to be created? The answer lies in the high technology properties of Iridium. For example, gold melts at 1,945° F, well within the working range of jewelers. Iridium melts at a staggering 4,435° F, far outside the range a jeweler can work with. Due to this and other elemental properties of the metal, making jewelry from Iridium is extremely difficult and in fact falls within the purview of materials scientists and engineers. As materials scientists, American Elements maintains longstanding expertise producing high tech forms of Iridium for scientific, research and space applications. Now, working with NY and LA based jewelry designers, we have created and patented a pure Iridium ring or wedding band as well as other jewelry settings, bracelets and watchbands of the highest quality. Wholesale arrangements are also available to jewelry manufacturers, retailers and shopping networks.
Rings can be custom manufactured to any established ring size. See a U.S. and European ring chart for standard sizes. AE wedding rings are an innovative and unique statement and are available in palladium. Custom configurations are also available. Iridium will virtually never change color or oxidize having the highest resistance to corrosion. Being much rarer and more difficult to produce than even platinum (it has a melting point 500° F above even platinum), an iridium wedding ring is an extremely unique and luxurious choice. AE also produce Iridium as rod , pellets , powder , pieces , granules , ingot , wire , and in compound forms, such as oxide.
Iridium (atomic symbol: Ir, atomic number: 77) is a Block D, Group 9, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 192.217. The number of electrons in each of iridium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 32, 15, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe] 4f14 5d7 6s2.The iridium atom has a radius of 136 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 202 pm. Iridium was discovered and first isolated by Smithson Tennant in 1803. In its elemental form, Iridium has a silvery white appearance. Iridium is a member of the platinum group of metals. It is the most corrosion resistant metal known and is the second-densest element (after osmium). It will not react with any acid and can only be attacked by certain molten salts, such as molten sodium chloride. Iridium is found as an uncombined element and in iridium-osmium alloys. Iridium's name is derived from the Greek goddess Iris, personification of the rainbow, on account of the striking and diverse colors of its salts. For more information on iridium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iridium products, visit the Iridium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 3089 4.1/PG 2
|CUSTOMERS FOR IRIDIUM WEDDING RINGS HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Iridium Pellets||Iridium Oxide||Iridium Foil||Iridium 2-Ethylhexanoate||Chloroiridium Acid|
|Iridium Sputtering Target||Iridium Metal||Lithium Hexachloriridate||Iridium Bars||Iridium Oxide Pellets|
|Iridium Fluoride||Iridium Powder||Iridium Acetate||Iridium Wire||Iridium Nanoparticles|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Iridium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Iridium
- Synthesis and characterization of a trinuclear iridium(iii) based catalyst for the photocatalytic reduction of CO2. Reithmeier RO, Meister S, Siebel A, Rieger B. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 9.
- Enhanced Electrochemiluminescence from a Stoichiometric Ruthenium(II)-Iridium(III) Complex Soft Salt. Swanick KN, Sandroni M, Ding Z, Zysman-Colman E. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 3.
- Direct Synthesis of N-H Carbazoles via Iridium(III)-Catalyzed Intramolecular C-H Amination. Suzuki C, Hirano K, Satoh T, Miura M. Org Lett. 2015 Mar 11.
- Relativistic configuration interaction calculation on the ground and excited states of iridium monoxide. Suo B, Yu YM, Han H. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 7
- Electrocatalytic Carbon Dioxide Reduction by Using Cationic Pentamethylcyclopentadienyl-Iridium Complexes with Unsymmetrically Substituted Bipyridine Ligands. Sypaseuth FD, Matlachowski C, Weber M, Schwalbe M, Tzschucke CC. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 10.
- Iridium-Catalyzed Reductive Carbon-Carbon Bond Cleavage Reaction on a Curved Pyridylcorannulene Skeleton. Tashiro S, Yamada M, Shionoya M. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 10.
- Cationic Iridium(III) Complexes with Two Carbene-Based Cyclometalating Ligands: Cis Versus Trans Isomers. Monti F, La Placa MG, Armaroli N, Scopelliti R, Grätzel M, Nazeeruddin MK, Kessler F. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 16
- Coordination-driven self-assembly of an iridium-cornered prismatic cage and encapsulation of three heteroguests in its large cavity. Singh N, Jo JH, Song YH, Kim H, Kim D, Lah MS, Chi KW. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Feb 26
- Tuning the electronic and phosphorescence properties of blue-emitting iridium(iii) complexes through different cyclometalated ligand substituents: a theoretical investigation. Li J, Zhang Q, He H, Wang L, Zhang J. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 2.
- Synthesis and characterization of phosphorescent platinum and iridium complexes with cyclometalated corannulene. Facendola JW, Seifrid M, Siegel J, Djurovich PI, Thompson ME. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 18.
- Efficient asymmetric transfer hydrogenation of ketones in ethanol with chiral iridium complexes of spiroPAP ligands as catalysts. Liu WP, Yuan ML, Yang XH, Li K, Xie JH, Zhou QL. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 6.
- Binuclear platinum-iridium complexes: synthesis, reactivity and luminescence. Sterenberg BT, Wrigley CT, Puddephatt RJ. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 10
- CO2 Hydrogenation Catalyzed by Iridium Complexes with a Proton-Responsive Ligand. Onishi N, Xu S, Manaka Y, Suna Y, Wang WH, Muckerman JT, Fujita E, Himeda Y. Inorg Chem. 2015 Feb 18.
- Strong triplet excited-state absorption in a phenanthrolinyl iridium(III) complex with benzothiazolylfluorenyl-substituted ligands. Pritchett TM, Ferry MJ, Shensky WM, Mott AG, Stewart DJ, Long SL, Haley JE, Li Z, Sun W. Opt Lett. 2015 Jan 15
- Iridium-bipyridine periodic mesoporous organosilica catalyzed direct C-H borylation using a pinacolborane. Maegawa Y, Inagaki S. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 6.
- Ratiometric Iridium(III) Complex-Based Phosphorescent Chemodosimeter for Hg2+ Applicable in Time-Resolved Luminescence Assay and Live Cell Imaging. Ru J, Chen X, Guan L, Tang X, Wang C, Meng Y, Zhang G, Liu W. Anal Chem. 2015 Mar 3.
- Iridium-Catalyzed Direct Synthesis of Tryptamine Derivatives from Indoles: Exploiting N-Protected ?-Amino Alcohols as Alkylating Agents. Bartolucci S, Mari M, Bedini A, Piersanti G, Spadoni G. J Org Chem. 2015 Feb 26.
- Sol-gel deposition of iridium oxide for biomedical micro-devices. Nguyen CM, Rao S, Yang X, Dubey S, Mays J, Cao H, Chiao JC. Sensors (Basel). 2015 Feb 12
- Enhanced CO2 electroreduction efficiency through secondary coordination effects on a pincer iridium catalyst. Ahn ST, Bielinski EA, Lane EM, Chen Y, Bernskoetter WH, Hazari N, Palmore GT. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 4.
- Aggregation induced phosphorescence active "rollover" iridium(iii) complex as a multi-stimuli-responsive luminescence material. Alam P, Kaur G, Chakraborty S, Roy Choudhury A, Laskar IR. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 11.