Potassium Hydrogen Phosphate
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|K2HPO4||7758-11-4||134989988||24450||MFCD00011383||231-834-5||dipotassium; hydrogen phosphate||N/A||[K+].[K+].[O-]
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|K2HPO4||174.18||Colorless to white crystals||N/A||N/A||N/A||173.888659||173.888659||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Potassium Hydrogen Phosphate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word 'qali,' which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word 'kalium'. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium Information Center.
Phosphorus (atomic symbol: P, atomic number: 15) is a Block P, Group 15, Period 3 element. The number of electrons in each of Phosphorus's shells is 2, 8, 5 and its electronic configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p3. The phosphorus atom has a radius of 110.5.pm and its Van der Waals radius is 180.pm. Phosphorus is a highly-reactive non-metallic element (sometimes considered a metalloid) with two primary allotropes, white phosphorus and red phosphorus; its black flaky appearance is similar to graphitic carbon. Compound forms of phosphorus include phosphates and phosphides. Phosphorous was first recognized as an element by Hennig Brand in 1669; its name (phosphorus mirabilis, or "bearer of light") was inspired from the brilliant glow emitted by its distillation. For more information on phosphorus, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of phosphorus products, visit the Phosphorus Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|POTASSIUM HYDROGEN PHOSPHATE SYNONYMS|
|Di-potassium monohydrogen phosphate; Potassium phosphate dibasic; Dipotassium hydrogen phosphate; Dipotassium hydrogenphosphate; Potassium hydrogen phosphate (2:1:1); Potassium phosphate, dibasic, Potassium dibasic phosphate, sec.-Potassium phosphate, Dipotassium monophosphate, Dipotassium orthophosphate, Potassium monohydrogen phosphate, Potassium monophosphate, Dipotassium-O-phosphate|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Relationships between the leaf and fruit mineral compositions of Actinidia deliciosa var. Hayward according to nitrogen and potassium fertilization. Santoni F, Paolini J, Barboni T, Costa J. Food Chem. 2014 Mar.
- Combined effects of potassium lactate and calcium ascorbate as sodium chloride substitutes on the physicochemical and sensory characteristics of low-sodium frankfurter sausage. Choi YM, Jung KC, Jo HM, Nam KW, Choe JH, Rhee MS, Kim BC. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan
- Growth, structure and spectral studies of a novel mixed crystal potassium zinc manganese sulphate. Vijila Manonmoni J, Bhagavannarayana G, Ramasamy G, Meenakshisundaram S, Amutha M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan
- The effect of counter-ions on the ion selectivity of potassium and sodium ions in nanopores. Tang D, Kim D. Biomed Mater Eng. 2014
- Calcium and potassium content in beef: Influences on tenderness and associations with molecular markers in Nellore cattle. Tizioto PC, Gromboni CF, de Araujo Nogueira AR, de Souza MM, de Alvarenga Mudadu M, Tholon P, Rosa Ado N, Tullio RR, Medeiros SR, Nassu RT, de Almeida Regitano LC. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan.
- A Systematic Review of the Uterine Relaxant Effect of Potassium Channel Openers. Hantooshzadeh S, Rezaeizadeh G, Nikfar S, Ghiasi S, Abdollahi M. Curr Drug Discov Technol. 2013 Dec
- Effect of raw material ratios on the compressive strength of magnesium potassium phosphate chemically bonded ceramics. Wang AJ, Yuan ZL, Zhang J, Liu LT, Li JM, Liu Z. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Dec 1.
- Combined effects of potassium sorbate, hot water and thiabendazole against green mould of citrus fruit and residue levels. D'Aquino S, Fadda A, Barberis A, Palma A, Angioni A, Schirra M. Food Chem. 2013 Nov 15.
- Aptamer biosensor for label-free impedance spectroscopy detection of potassium ion based on DNA G-quadruplex conformation. Chen Z, Chen L, Ma H, Zhou T, Li X. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Oct 15.
- Protective effects of hydrogen sulfide in a rat model of traumatic brain injury via activation of mitochondrial adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium channels and reduction of oxidative stress. Jiang X, Huang Y, Lin W, Gao D, Fei Z. J Surg Res. 2013 Oct
- Influence of metakaolin purities on potassium geopolymer formulation: The existence of several networks. Autef A, Joussein E, Poulesquen A, Gasgnier G, Pronier S, Sobrados I, Sanz J, Rossignol S. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 15.
- Gain control of synaptic response function in cerebellar nuclear neurons by a calcium-activated potassium conductance. Feng SS, Lin R, Gauck V, Jaeger D. Cerebellum. 2013 Oct.
- Formulation and evaluation of non-effervescent floating tablets of losartan potassium. Getyala A, Gangadharappa HV, Prasad MS, Reddy MP, Kumar TM. Curr Drug Deliv. 2013 Oct. SDF-1a and LPA modulate microglia potassium channels through rho gtpases to regulate cell morphology. Muessel MJ, Harry GJ, Armstrong DL, Storey NM. Glia. 2013 Oct.
- A computational study of barium blockades in the KcsA potassium channel based on multi-ion potential of mean force calculations and free energy perturbation. Rowley CN, Roux B. J Gen Physiol. 2013 Sep 16.
- Potassium Channel Openers Increase Aortic Elastic Fiber Formation and Reverse the Genetically Determined Elastin Deficit in the BN Rat. Slove S, Lannoy M, Behmoaras J, Pezet M, Sloboda N, Lacolley P, Escoubet B, Buján J, Jacob MP. Hypertension. 2013 Oct.
- Property changes of urinary nanocrystallites and urine of uric acid stone formers after taking potassium citrate. Zhang GN, Ouyang JM, Xue JF, Shang YF. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Oct
- Paradoxical Activation of an Inwardly Rectifying Potassium Channel Mutant by Spermine: "(B)locking" Open the Bundle Crossing Gate. Vilin YY, Nunez JJ, Kim RY, Dake GR, Kurata HT. Mol Pharmacol. 2013 Oct
- Effect of mosapride on Kv4.3 potassium channels expressed in CHO cells. Sung KW, Hahn SJ. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2013 Oct
- Subcellular potassium and sodium distribution in Saccharomyces cerevisiae wild-type and vacuolar mutants. Herrera R, Alvarez MC, Gelis S, Ramos J. Biochem J. 2013 Sep 15
Recent Research & Development for Phosphates
- Analysis of lead in beverage juice using mesoporous cadmium phosphate as a solid phase adsorbent. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/11/23 | first author:Yin P
- Ultrasonic enhancing amorphization during synthesis of calcium phosphate. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:He K
- Zinc in calcium phosphate mediates bone induction: In vitro and in vivo model. Acta Biomater. 2014 create date:2013/10/22 | first author:Luo X
- Effect of addition of hyaluronic acids on the osteoconductivity and biodegradability of synthetic octacalcium phosphate. Acta Biomater. 2014 create date:2013/09/17 | first author:Suzuki K
- The influence of cellular source on periodontal regeneration using calcium phosphate coated polycaprolactone scaffold supported cell sheets. Dan H, Vaquette C, Fisher AG, Hamlet SM, Xiao Y, Hutmacher DW, Ivanovski S. Biomaterials. 2014 Jan.
- Calcium phosphate deposition rate, structure and osteoconductivity on electrospun poly(l-lactic acid) matrix using electrodeposition or simulated body fluid incubation. Acta Biomater. 2014 create date:2013/09/10 | first author:He C
- Development of injectable organic/inorganic colloidal composite gels made of self-assembling gelatin nanospheres and calcium phosphate nanocrystals. Acta Biomater. 2014 create date:2013/09/10 | first author:Wang H
- A pH and thermosensitive choline phosphate-based delivery platform targeted to the acidic tumor microenvironment. Yu X, Yang X, Horte S, Kizhakkedathu JN, Brooks DE. Biomaterials. 2014 Jan.
- The application of high-pressure treatment in the reduction of phosphate levels in breakfast sausages. O'Flynn CC, Cruz-Romero MC, Troy DJ, Mullen AM, Kerry JP. Meat Sci. 2014 Jan
- Umbilical cord and bone marrow mesenchymal stem cell seeding on macroporous calcium phosphate for bone regeneration in rat cranial defects. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Chen W
- Mitochondrial phosphate transport during nutrient stimulation of INS-1E insulinoma cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2013 create date:2013/08/14 | first author:Quan X
- Tendon-to-bone healing using an injectable calcium phosphate cement combined with bone xenograft/BMP composite. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/10/01 | first author:Weimin P
- RhBMP-2-loaded calcium silicate/calcium phosphate cement scaffold with hierarchically porous structure for enhanced bone tissue regeneration. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/09/21 | first author:Zhang J
- Repair of rabbit segmental femoral defects by using a combination ofÂ tetrapod-shaped calcium phosphate granules and basic fibroblast growth factor-binding ion complex gel. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/08/29 | first author:Honnami M
- Effect of raw material ratios on the compressive strength of magnesium potassium phosphate chemically bonded ceramics. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Wang AJ
- Silencing the mannose 6-phosphate/IGF-II receptor differentially affects tumorigenic properties of normal breast epithelial cells. Int J Cancer. 2013 create date:2013/05/21 | first author:Caixeiro NJ
- Efficacy of estramustine phosphate sodium hydrate (EMP) monotherapy in castration-resistant prostate cancer patients: report of 102 cases and review of literature. Med Oncol. 2013 create date:2013/09/06 | first author:Matsumoto K
- Anionic surfactant enhanced phosphate desorption from Mg/Al-layered double hydroxides by micelle formation. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Shimamura A
- Injectable calcium phosphate-alginate-chitosan microencapsulated MC3T3-E1 cell paste for bone tissue engineering in vivo. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Qiao P
- SiO(2) and ZnO dopants in three-dimensionally printed tricalcium phosphate bone tissue engineering scaffolds enhance osteogenesis and angiogenesis in vivo. Acta Biomater. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Fielding G