|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Potassium Selenate||K-SEAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Potassium Selenate||K-SEAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Potassium Selenate||K-SEAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Potassium Selenate||K-SEAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|K2O4Se||221.1542||N/A||3.07g/cm3||221.823594||221.823593 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Potassium Selenate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
Selenium (atomic symbol: Se, atomic number: 34) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 4 element with an atomic radius of 78.96. The number of electrons in each of Selenium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p4. The selenium atom has a radius of 120 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 190 pm. Selenium is a non-metal with several allotropes: a black, vitreous form with an irregular crystal structure; three red-colored forms with monoclinic crystal structures; and a gray form with a hexagonal crystal structure, the most stable and dense form of the element. One of the mose common uses for selenium is in glass production; the red tint that it lends to glass neutralizes green or yellow tints from impurities in the glass materials. Selenium was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius and Johann Gottlieb Gahn in 1817. The origin of the name Selenium comes from the Greek word "Selênê," meaning moon. For more information on selenium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of selenium products, visit the Selenium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|POTASSIUM SELENATE SYNONYMS|
|Selenic acid, dipotassium salt, dipotassium selenate, selenic acid, selenic acid dipotassium salt|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Potassium Bicarbonate Supplementation Lowers Bone Turnover and Calcium Excretion in Older Men and Women: A Randomized Dose-Finding Trial.. Dawson-Hughes B, Harris SS, Palermo NJ, Gilhooly CH, Shea MK, Fielding RA, Ceglia L.. J Bone Miner Res. 2015 May 19.
- Range-resolved detection of potassium chloride using picosecond differential absorption light detection and ranging.. Leffler T, Brackmann C, Ehn A, Kaldvee B, Aldén M, Berg M, Bood J.. Appl Opt. 2015 Feb 10
- Daily Sodium and Potassium Excretion Can Be Estimated by Scheduled Spot Urine Collections.. Doenyas-Barak K, Beberashvili I, Bar-Chaim A, Averbukh Z, Vogel O, Efrati S.. Nephron. 2015 May 19.
- ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channel Activation Induces Angiogenesis in vitro and in vivo.. Umaru B, Pyriochou A, Kotsikoris V, Papapetropoulos A, Topouzis S.. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2015 May 14.
- An Ankyrin-G N-terminal gate and casein kinase 2 dually regulate binding of voltage-gated sodium and KCNQ2/3 potassium channels.. Xu M, Cooper EC.. J Biol Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Effects of 3,5-Diiodotyrosine and Potassium Iodide on Thyroid Function and Oxidative Stress in Iodine-Excess Wistar Rats.. Liu D, Lin X, Yu F, Zhang M, Chen H, Bao W, Wang X.. Biol Trace Elem Res. 2015 May 24.
- Effect of cationic molecules on the oxygen reduction reaction on fuel cell grade Pt/C (20 wt%) catalyst in potassium hydroxide (aq, 1 mol dm-3). Ong AL, Inglis KK, Whelligan DK, Murphy S, Varcoe JR. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Apr 16. : Phys Chem Chem Phys
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
Recent Research & Development for Selenates
- High Efficiency Adsorption and Removal of Selenate and Selenite from Water using Metal-Organic Frameworks.. Howarth AJ, Katz MJ, Wang TC, Platero-Prats AE, Chapman KW, Hupp JT, Farha OK.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 May 22.
- Pyrobaculum ferrireducens sp. nov., a hyperthermophilic Fe(III)-, selenate- and arsenate-reducing crenarchaeon isolated from a hot spring.. Slobodkina GB, Lebedinsky AV, Chernyh NA, Bonch-Osmolovskaya EA, Slobodkin AI.. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2015 Mar
- Selenate removal by zero-valent iron in oxic condition: the role of Fe(II) and selenate removal mechanism.. Yoon IH, Bang S, Kim KW, Kim MG, Park SY, Choi WK.. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015 May 6.
- Similarities and peculiarities between the crystal structures of the hydrates of sodium sulfate and selenate.. Kamburov S, Schmidt H, Voigt W, Balarew C.. Acta Crystallogr B Struct Sci Cryst Eng Mater. 2014 Aug
- Uptake kinetics and translocation of selenite and selenate as affected by iron plaque on root surfaces of rice seedlings.. Huang Q, Yu Y, Wang Q, Luo Z, Jiang R, Li H.. Planta. 2015 Apr
- Reductive removal of selenate by zero-valent iron: The roles of aqueous Fe(2+) and corrosion products, and selenate removal mechanisms.. Tang C, Huang YH, Zeng H, Zhang Z.. Water Res. 2014 Dec 15
- Photocatalytic removal of selenite and selenate species: effect of EDTA and other process variables.. Labaran BA, Vohra MS.. Environ Technol. 2014 May-Jun
- Phosphoproteomic profiling of selenate-treated Alzheimer's disease model cells.. Chen P, Wang L, Wang Y, Li S, Shen L, Liu Q, Ni J.. PLoS One. 2014 Dec 8
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury.. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ.. Brain. 2015 May
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ. Brain. 2015 Mar 13.