|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Potassium Selenate||K-SEAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Potassium Selenate||K-SEAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Potassium Selenate||K-SEAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Potassium Selenate||K-SEAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|K2O4Se||221.1542||N/A||3.07g/cm3||221.823594||221.823593 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Potassium Selenate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Potassium (atomic symbol: K, atomic number: 19) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 39.0983. The number of electrons in each of Potassium's shells is [2, 8, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ar] 4s1. The potassium atom has a radius of 227.2 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 275 pm. Potassium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. Potassium is the seventh most abundant element on earth. It is one of the most reactive and electropositive of all metals and rapidly oxidizes. As with other alkali metals, potassium decomposes in water with the evolution of hydrogen; because of its reacts violently with water, it only occurs in nature in ionic salts. In its elemental form, potassium has a silvery gray metallic appearance, but its compounds (such as potassium hydroxide) are more frequently used in industrial and chemical applications. The origin of the element's name comes from the English word 'potash,' meaning pot ashes, and the Arabic word qali, which means alkali. The symbol K originates from the Latin word kalium. For more information on potassium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of potassium products, visit the Potassium element page.
Selenium (atomic symbol: Se, atomic number: 34) is a Block P, Group 16, Period 4 element with an atomic radius of 78.96. The number of electrons in each of Selenium's shells is 2, 8, 18, 6 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d10 4s2 4p4. The selenium atom has a radius of 120 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 190 pm. Selenium is a non-metal with several allotropes: a black, vitreous form with an irregular crystal structure; three red-colored forms with monoclinic crystal structures; and a gray form with a hexagonal crystal structure, the most stable and dense form of the element. One of the mose common uses for selenium is in glass production; the red tint that it lends to glass neutralizes green or yellow tints from impurities in the glass materials. Selenium was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jakob Berzelius and Johann Gottlieb Gahn in 1817. The origin of the name Selenium comes from the Greek word "Selênê," meaning moon. For more information on selenium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of selenium products, visit the Selenium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|POTASSIUM SELENATE SYNONYMS|
|Selenic acid, dipotassium salt, dipotassium selenate, selenic acid, selenic acid dipotassium salt|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Potassium
- Design and synthesis of new potassium channel activators derived from the ring opening of diazoxide: Study of their vasodilatory effect, stimulation of elastin synthesis and inhibitory effect on insulin release. Bouider N, Fhayli W, Ghandour Z, Boyer M, Harrouche K, Florence X, Pirotte B, Lebrun P, Faury G, Khelili S. Bioorg Med Chem. 2015 Feb 27.
- Geostatistical approach for management of soil nutrients with special emphasis on different forms of potassium considering their spatial variation in intensive cropping system of West Bengal, India. Chatterjee S, Santra P, Majumdar K, Ghosh D, Das I, Sanyal SK. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effect of glucose-insulin-potassium on hyperlactataemia in patients undergoing valvular heart surgery: A prospective, randomised controlled study. Un Roh G, Shim JK, Song JW, Kang HM, Kwak YL. Eur J Anaesthesiol. 2015 Mar 10.
- Potassium Abnormalities in Current Clinical Practice: Frequency, Causes, Severity and Management. Eliacik E, Yildirim T, Sahin U, Kizilarslanoglu C, Tapan U, Aybal-Kutlugun A, Hascelik G, Arici M. Med Princ Pract. 2015 Mar 11.
- Comparison of urinary sodium and potassium in children older than two with idiopathic hypercalciuria and a healthy control group in Bandar-Abbas, Iran, in 2013. Ajdadi E, Esteghamati M, Ghasemi K, Shahvari SZ. Electron Physician. 2014 Jul 1
- Effects of extracellular potassium diffusion on electrically coupled neuron networks. Wu XX, Shuai J. Phys Rev E Stat Nonlin Soft Matter Phys. 2015 Feb
- Ionotropic cross-linked carbo-protein micro matrix system: An approach for improvement of drug release, compaction and tabletting behavior of losartan potassium. Khandai M, Chakraborty S, Ghosh AK. Curr Drug Deliv. 2015 Mar 10.
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Effect of adenosine triphosphate-sensitive potassium activation on peripheral and central pain sensitization. Shen S, Cao S, Huang S, Chen J. J Surg Res. 2015 Jan 28.
- Magnolol and honokiol regulate the calcium-activated potassium channels signaling pathway in enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli-induced diarrhea mice. Deng Y, Han X, Tang S, Xiao W, Tan Z, Zhou C, Wang M, Kang J. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 11.
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Two-pore-domain potassium channels: regulators of many cellular functions. Budde T, Daut J, Kurtz A, Pape HC. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
- Comparison of modified Chicago sky blue stain and potassium hydroxide mount for the diagnosis of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses. Liu Z, Sheng P, Yang YP, Li W, Huang WM, Wang JD, Fan YM. J Microbiol Methods. 2015 Mar 9
- Pretreatment of wheat straw with potassium hydroxide for increasing enzymatic and microbial degradability. Liu X, Zicari SM, Liu G, Li Y, Zhang R. Bioresour Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- [New potassium binders effective: treatment of hyperkalaemia secondary to RAAS inhibitors]. Hoorn EJ. Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd. 2015
- Effects of different cavity-disinfectants and potassium titanyl phosphate laser on microtensile bond strength to primary dentin. Oznurhan F, Ozturk C, Ekci ES. Niger J Clin Pract. 2015 May-Jun
- Palpitations, potassium and the pump. Weiss JN. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Nitric oxide influences potassium currents in inner hair cells isolated from guinea-pig cochlea. Kimitsuki T. Auris Nasus Larynx. 2015 Mar 10.
- Erratum to: The Protective Effect of Epoxyeicosatrienoic Acids on Cerebral Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury is Associated with PI3K/Akt Pathway and ATP-Sensitive Potassium Channels. Qu YY, Yuan MY, Liu Y, Zhu YL, Xiao XJ. Neurochem Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- Soil microbial response to waste potassium silicate drilling fluid. Yao L, Anne Naeth M, Jobson A. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Mar 1
Recent Research & Development for Selenates
- Photocatalytic removal of selenite and selenate species: effect of EDTA and other process variables. Labaran BA, Vohra MS. Environ Technol. 2014 May-Jun
- Phosphoproteomic profiling of selenate-treated Alzheimer's disease model cells. Chen P, Wang L, Wang Y, Li S, Shen L, Liu Q, Ni J. PLoS One. 2014 Dec 8
- Nitrate shaped the selenate-reducing microbial community in a hydrogen-based biofilm reactor. Lai CY, Yang X, Tang Y, Rittmann BE, Zhao HP. Environ Sci Technol. 2014 Mar 18
- Structure and hydrogen bonding of the hydrated selenite and selenate ions in aqueous solution. Eklund L, Persson I. Dalton Trans. 2014 May 7
- Distribution of selenoglucosinolates and their metabolites in brassica treated with sodium selenate. Matich AJ, McKenzie MJ, Lill RE, McGhie TK, Chen RK, Rowan DD. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Feb 25
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ. Brain. 2015 Mar 13.
- Selenate reductase activity in Escherichia coli requires Isc iron-sulfur cluster biosynthesis genes. Yee N, Choi J, Porter AW, Carey S, Rauschenbach I, Harel A. FEMS Microbiol Lett. 2014 Dec
- Long-term supranutritional supplementation with selenate decreases hyperglycemia and promotes fatty liver degeneration by inducing hyperinsulinemia in diabetic db/db mice. Wang C, Yang S, Zhang N, Mu Y, Ren H, Wang Y, Li K. PLoS One. 2014 Jul 1
- Selenium fortification of an Italian rice cultivar via foliar fertilization with sodium selenate and its effects on human serum selenium levels and on erythrocyte glutathione peroxidase activity. Giacosa A, Faliva MA, Perna S, Minoia C, Ronchi A, Rondanelli M. Nutrients. 2014 Mar 24
- Crystal structure of magnesium selenate hepta-hydrate, MgSeO4·7H2O, from neutron time-of-flight data. Fortes AD, Gutmann MJ. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2014 Aug 23
- Reductive removal of selenate by zero-valent iron: The roles of aqueous Fe(2+) and corrosion products, and selenate removal mechanisms. Tang C, Huang YH, Zeng H, Zhang Z. Water Res. 2014 Dec 15
- Human metabolism and renal excretion of selenium compounds after oral ingestion of sodium selenate dependent on trimethylselenium ion (TMSe) status. Jäger T, Drexler H, Göen T. Arch Toxicol. 2014 Oct 2.
- Effect of methyl jasmonate, sodium selenate and chitosan as exogenous elicitors on the phenolic compounds profile of broccoli sprouts. Carvacho HB, Pérez C, Zúñiga G, Mahn A. J Sci Food Agric. 2014 Sep
- Modeling oxyanion adsorption on ferralic soil, part 2: chromate, selenate, molybdate, and arsenate adsorption. Pérez C, Antelo J, Fiol S, Arce F. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2014 Oct
- Kinetics of selenate sorption in soil as influenced by biotic and abiotic conditions: a stirred flow-through reactor study. Garcia-Sanchez L, Loffredo N, Mounier S, Martin-Garin A, Coppin F. J Environ Radioact. 2014 Dec
- Chemical and Structural Evolution in the Th-SeO3(2-)/SeO4(2-) System: from Simple Selenites to Cluster-Based Selenate Compounds. Xiao B, Langer E, Dellen J, Schlenz H, Bosbach D, Suleimanov EV, Alekseev EV. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 16
- Similarities and peculiarities between the crystal structures of the hydrates of sodium sulfate and selenate. Kamburov S, Schmidt H, Voigt W, Balarew C. Acta Crystallogr B Struct Sci Cryst Eng Mater. 2014 Aug
- Pyrobaculum ferrireducens sp.nov., a novel hyperthermophilic Fe(III), selenate and arsenate-reducing crenarchaeon isolated from a Kamchatka hot spring. Slobodkina GB, Lebedinsky AV, Chernyh NA, Bonch-Osmolovskaya EA, Slobodkin AI. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2014 Dec 15.
- Uptake kinetics and translocation of selenite and selenate as affected by iron plaque on root surfaces of rice seedlings. Huang Q, Yu Y, Wang Q, Luo Z, Jiang R, Li H. Planta. 2014 Dec 20.
- Effect of selenate on viability and selenomethionine accumulation of Chlorella sorokiniana grown in batch culture. Gojkovic Ž, Vílchez C, Torronteras R, Vigara J, Gómez-Jacinto V, Janzer N, Gómez-Ariza JL, Márová I, Garbayo I. ScientificWorldJournal. 2014 Jan 29