|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Lithium Iodate||LI-IAT-02-C||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Lithium Iodate||LI-IAT-03-C||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Lithium Iodate||LI-IAT-04-C||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Lithium Iodate||LI-IAT-05-C||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|ILiO3||181.84||Crystalline solid||4.487 g/cm3||181.905216||181.905216||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Lithium Iodate is a crystalline solid used in photo optic applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Lithium (atomic symbol: Li, atomic number: 3) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 6.94. The number of electrons in each of Lithium's shells is [2, 1] and its electron configuration is [He] 2s1. The lithium atom has a radius of 152 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 181 pm. Lithium was discovered by Johann Arvedson in 1817 and first isolated by William Thomas Brande in 1821. The origin of the name Lithium comes from the Greek wordlithose which means "stone." Lithium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It has the highest specific heat and electrochemical potential of any element on the period table and the lowest density of any elements that are solid at room temperature. Compared to other metals, it has one of the lowest boiling points. In its elemental form, lithium is soft enough to cut with a knife; its silvery white appearance quickly darkens when exposed to air. Because of its high reactivity, elemental lithium does not occur in nature. Lithium is the key component of lithium-ion battery technology, which is becoming increasingly more prevalent in electronics. For more information on lithium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of lithium products, visit the Lithium element page.
Iodine (atomic symbol: I, atomic number: 53) is a Block P, Group 17, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 126.90447. The number of electrons in each of Iodine's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 7 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5. The iodine atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 198 pm. In its elemental form, iodine has a lustrous metallic gray appearance as a solid and a violet appearance as a gas or liquid solution. Iodine forms compounds with many elements, but is less active than the other halogens. It dissolves readily in chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, or carbon disulfide. Iodine compounds are important in organic chemistry and very useful in the field of medicine. Iodine was discovered and first isolated by Bernard Courtois in 1811. The name Iodine is derived from the Greek word "iodes" meaning violet. For more information on iodine, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iodine products, visit the Iodine element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1479 5.1/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|LITHIIUM IODATE SYNONYMS|
|Iodic acid, lithium salt|
|CUSTOMERS FOR LITHIIUM IODATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Lithium Cobalt Phosphate||Lithium Chloride||Lithium Nitrate||Lithium Pellets||a href="linmf.html">Lithium Foil|
|Lithium Nanoparticles||Lithium Wire||Lithium Powder||Lithium Sputtering Target||Lithium Germanium Oxide|
|Lithium Acetate||Lithium Acetylacetonate||Lithium Metal||Lithium Oxide||Lithium Oxide Pellets|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Lithium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Lithium
- Encapsulation of S/SWNT with PANI Web for Enhanced Rate and Cycle Performance in Lithium Sulfur Batteries. Kim JH, Fu K, Choi J, Kil K, Kim J, Han X, Hu L, Paik U. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 10
- Role of Mn Content on the Electrochemical Properties of Nickel-rich Layered LiNi0.8-xCo0.1Mn0.1+xO2 (0.0 ≤ x ≤ 0.08) Cathodes for Lithium-ion Batteries. Zheng J, Kan WH, Manthiram A. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 10.
- Non-fatal Lithium Intoxication with 5.5 mmol/L Serum Level. Haussmann R, Bauer M, von Bonin S, Lewitzka U. Pharmacopsychiatry. 2015 Mar 12.
- Intrathyroid parathyroid adenoma in a patient with chronic lithium treatment. Payá Llorente C, Martínez García R, Sospedra Ferrer JR, Durán Bermejo MI, Armañanzas Villena E. Cir Esp. 2015 Mar 5.
- Assessment of the Internal Fit of Lithium Disilicate Crowns Using Micro-CT. Alfaro DP, Ruse ND, Carvalho RM, Wyatt CC. J Prosthodont. 2015 Mar 5.
- Solvated Graphene Frameworks as High-Performance Anodes for Lithium-Ion Batteries. Xu Y, Lin Z, Zhong X, Papandrea B, Huang Y, Duan X. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Mar 10.
- Improved Hole-Transporting Property via HAT-CN for Perovskite Solar Cells without Lithium Salts. Ma Y, Chung YH, Zheng L, Zhang D, Yu X, Xiao L, Chen Z, Wang S, Qu B, Gong Q, Zou D. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 11.
- Nanotubular structured Si-based multicomponent anodes for high-performance lithium-ion batteries with controllable pore size via coaxial electro-spinning. Ryu J, Choi S, Bok T, Park S. Nanoscale. 2015 Mar 16.
- Superior cycle performance and high reversible capacity of SnO2/graphene composite as an anode material for lithium-ion batteries. Liu L, An M, Yang P, Zhang J. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 12
- Covalent Attachment of Anderson-Type Polyoxometalates to Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Gives Enhanced Performance Electrodes for Lithium Ion Batteries. Ji Y, Hu J, Huang L, Chen W, Streb C, Song YF. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 12.
- One step synthesis of Si@C nanoparticles by laser pyrolysis: high capacity anode material for lithium ion batteries. Sourice J, Quinsac A, Leconte Y, Sublemontier O, Porcher W, Haon C, Bordes A, De Vito E, Boulineau A, Jouanneau Si Larbi S, Herlin-Boime N, Reynaud C. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 11.
- Molecular effects of lithium are partially mimicked by inositol-monophosphatase (IMPA)1 knockout mice in a brain region-dependent manner. O D, Y S, L T, Y B, R H B, G A, A N A. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol. 2014 Aug 7.
- Energy transfer based emission analysis of (Tb3+, Sm3+): Lithium zinc phosphate glasses. Parthasaradhi Reddy C, Naresh V, Ramaraghavulu R, Rudramadevi BH, Ramakrishna Reddy KT, Buddhudu S. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 Feb 26
- A Si-MnOOH composite with superior lithium storage properties. Zhong H, Yang Y, Ding F, Wang D, Zhou Y, Zhan H. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 9.
- A New Method for Quantitative Marking of Deposited Lithium by Chemical Treatment on Graphite Anodes in Lithium-Ion Cells. Krämer Y, Birkenmaier C, Feinauer J, Hintennach A, Bender CL, Meiler M, Schmidt V, Dinnebier RE, Schleid T. Chemistry. 2015 Mar 12.
- Lithium, Vanadium and Chromium Uptake Ability of Brassica juncea from Lithium Mine Tailings. Elektorowicz M, Keropian Z. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- Microshear Bond Strength of Resin Cements to Lithium Disilicate Substrates as a Function of Surface Preparation. Lise D, Perdigão J, Van Ende A, Zidan O, Lopes G. Oper Dent. 2015 Mar 6.
- Lithium-cyclo-difluoromethane-1,1-bis(sulfonyl)imide as a stabilizing electrolyte additive for improved high voltage applications in lithium-ion batteries. Murmann P, Streipert B, Kloepsch R, Ignatiev N, Sartori P, Winter M, Cekic-Laskovic I. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Exhibition of the Brønsted acid-base character of a Schiff base in palladium(ii) complex formation: lithium complexation, fluxional properties and catalysis of Suzuki reactions in water. Kumar R, Mani G. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 16.
- Core-Shell Ti@Si Coaxial Nanorod Arrays Formed Directly on Current Collectors for Lithium-Ion Batteries. Meng X, Deng D. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 6.
Recent Research & Development for Iodates
- Protection of retina by αB crystallin in sodium iodate induced retinal degeneration. Zhou P, Kannan R, Spee C, Sreekumar PG, Dou G, Hinton DR. PLoS One. 2014 May 29
- A possible candidate to be classified as an autocatalysis-driven clock reaction: kinetics of the pentathionate-iodate reaction. Xu L, Horváth AK. J Phys Chem A. 2014 Aug 14
- Resveratrol protects RPE cells from sodium iodate by modulating PPARα and PPARσ. Qin S, Lu Y, Rodrigues GA. Exp Eye Res. 2014 Jan
- Bi2Te(IO3)O5Cl: a novel polar iodate oxychloride exhibiting a second-order nonlinear optical response. Geng L, Meng C, Lu H, Luo Z, Lin C, Cheng W. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 7
- Sodium iodate induced retinal degeneration: new insights from an old model. Kannan R, Hinton DR. Neural Regen Res. 2014 Dec 1
- Comment on "Iodine-129 and iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at the Hanford Site, U.S.: iodate incorporation into calcite". Lu Z. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Nov 19
- Response to comment on "Iodine-129 and iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at Hanford Site, U.S.: iodate incorporation into calcite". Zhang S, Xu C, Creeley D, Ho YF, Li HP, Grandbois R, Schwehr KA, Kaplan DI, Yeager CM, Wellman D, Santschi PH. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Nov 19
- Marangoni instability in the iodate-arsenous acid reaction front. Pópity-Tóth E, Pótári G, Erd?s I, Horváth D, Tóth A. J Chem Phys. 2014 Jul 28
- Sodium iodate influences the apoptosis, proliferation and differentiation potential of radial glial cells in vitro. Chen X, Li Q, Xu H, Yin ZQ. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014
- Assessing sodium iodate-induced outer retinal changes in rats using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy and optical coherence tomography. Yang Y, Ng TK, Ye C, Yip YW, Law K, Chan SO, Pang CP. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 20
- Determination of Iodate by HPLC-UV after On-Line Electrochemical Reduction to Iodide. Wang T, Lin W, Dai X, Gao L, Wang B, Quan D. J Chromatogr Sci. 2015 Feb
- Potassium iodate assisted synthesis of titanium dioxide nanoparticles with superior water-dispersibility. Wang Y, Duo F, Peng S, Jia F, Fan C. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Sep 15
- [Simultaneous analysis of iodate, iodide, bromate and bromide by ion chromatography with ultraviolet detection]. Li M, Yu H, Zheng X. Se Pu. 2014 Mar
- Explorations of new second-order nonlinear optical materials in the ternary rubidium iodate system: noncentrosymmetric β-RbIO3(HIO3)2 and centrosymmetric Rb3(IO3)3(I2O5)(HIO3)4(H2O). Xu X, Yang BP, Huang C, Mao JG. Inorg Chem. 2014 Feb 3
- Sensitive iodate sensor based on fluorescence quenching of gold nanocluster. Li R, Xu P, Fan J, Di J, Tu Y, Yan J. Anal Chim Acta. 2014 May 27
- Hydrodynamic instability in the open system of the iodate-arsenous acid reaction. Pópity-Tóth É, Pimienta V, Horváth D, Tóth Á. J Chem Phys. 2013 Oct 28
- Selective monooxidation of light alkanes using chloride and iodate. Fortman GC, Boaz NC, Munz D, Konnick MM, Periana RA, Groves JT, Gunnoe TB. J Am Chem Soc. 2014 Jun 11
- Direct effect of sodium iodate on neurosensory retina. Wang J, Iacovelli J, Spencer C, Saint-Geniez M. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 28
- A simple strategy for the immobilization of catalase on multi-walled carbon nanotube/poly (L-lysine) biocomposite for the detection of H2O2 and iodate. Ezhil Vilian AT, Chen SM, Lou BS. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Nov 15
- Dose-dependent retinal changes following sodium iodate administration: application of spectral-domain optical coherence tomography for monitoring of retinal injury and endogenous regeneration. Machali?ska A, Lejkowska R, Duchnik M, Kawa M, Rogi?ska D, Wiszniewska B, Machali?ski B. Curr Eye Res. 2014 Oct