|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Lithium Iodate||LI-IAT-02-C||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Lithium Iodate||LI-IAT-03-C||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Lithium Iodate||LI-IAT-04-C||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Lithium Iodate||LI-IAT-05-C||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|ILiO3||181.84||Crystalline solid||4.487 g/cm3||181.905216||181.905216||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Lithium Iodate is a crystalline solid used in photo optic applications. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Lithium (atomic symbol: Li, atomic number: 3) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 6.94. The number of electrons in each of Lithium's shells is [2, 1] and its electron configuration is [He] 2s1. The lithium atom has a radius of 152 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 181 pm. Lithium was discovered by Johann Arvedson in 1817 and first isolated by William Thomas Brande in 1821. The origin of the name Lithium comes from the Greek wordlithose which means "stone." Lithium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It has the highest specific heat and electrochemical potential of any element on the period table and the lowest density of any elements that are solid at room temperature. Compared to other metals, it has one of the lowest boiling points. In its elemental form, lithium is soft enough to cut with a knife; its silvery white appearance quickly darkens when exposed to air. Because of its high reactivity, elemental lithium does not occur in nature. Lithium is the key component of lithium-ion battery technology, which is becoming increasingly more prevalent in electronics. For more information on lithium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of lithium products, visit the Lithium element page.
Iodine (atomic symbol: I, atomic number: 53) is a Block P, Group 17, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 126.90447. The number of electrons in each of Iodine's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 7 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5. The iodine atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 198 pm. In its elemental form, iodine has a lustrous metallic gray appearance as a solid and a violet appearance as a gas or liquid solution. Iodine forms compounds with many elements, but is less active than the other halogens. It dissolves readily in chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, or carbon disulfide. Iodine compounds are important in organic chemistry and very useful in the field of medicine. Iodine was discovered and first isolated by Bernard Courtois in 1811. The name Iodine is derived from the Greek word "iodes" meaning violet. For more information on iodine, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iodine products, visit the Iodine element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1479 5.1/PG 2|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|LITHIIUM IODATE SYNONYMS|
|Iodic acid, lithium salt|
|CUSTOMERS FOR LITHIIUM IODATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Lithium Cobalt Phosphate||Lithium Chloride||Lithium Nitrate||Lithium Pellets||a href="linmf.html">Lithium Foil|
|Lithium Nanoparticles||Lithium Wire||Lithium Powder||Lithium Sputtering Target||Lithium Germanium Oxide|
|Lithium Acetate||Lithium Acetylacetonate||Lithium Metal||Lithium Oxide||Lithium Oxide Pellets|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Lithium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Lithium
- Acute cardiomyopathy precipitated by lithium: is there a direct toxic effect on cardiac myocytes? A case report and review of literature.. Anantha Narayanan M, Mahfood Haddad T, Bansal O, Baskaran J, Azzouz MS, Akinapelli A, Esterbrooks DJ.. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Apr 18.
- Circadian activation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis May affect central, but not peripheral, effect of lithium in conditioned taste aversion learning in rats.. Kim YS, Bae Yoo S, Ryu V, Kim KN, Kim BT, Lee JH, Won Jahng J.. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 May 20.
- A Lithium Amide Protected Against Protonation in the Gas Phase: Unexpected Effect of LiCl.. Lesage D, Barozzino-Consiglio G, Duwald R, Fressigné C, Harrison-Marchand A, Faull KF, Maddaluno J, Gimbert Y.. J Org Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Influence of CuO content on the structure of lithium fluoroborate glasses: Spectral and gamma irradiation studies.. Abdelghany AM, ElBatal HA, EzzElDin FM.. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 May 8
- TiC/NiO core/shell nanoarchitecture with battery-capacitive synchronous lithium storage for high-performance lithium-ion battery.. Huang H, Feng T, Gan Y, Fang M, Xia Y, Liang C, Tao X, Zhang W.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 19.
- Encapsulating micro-nano Si/SiOx into conjugated nitrogen-doped carbon as binder-free monolithic anodes for advanced lithium ion batteries. Wang J, Zhou M, Tan G, Chen S, Wu F, Lu J, Amine K. Nanoscale. 2015 Apr 13. : Nanoscale
- The iNOS/Src/FAK axis contributes to lithium chloride-mediated macrophage migration. Chen HC, Chien WC, Chang MY, Hsieh MY, Lai M, Maa MC, Leu TH. Nitric Oxide. 2015 Apr 10.: Nitric Oxide
- Nitrogen-Enriched Porous Carbon Coating for Manganese Oxide Nanostructures towards High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Wang JG, Zhang C, Kang F. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Apr 14. : ACS Appl Mater Interfaces
- In-Situ Formation of Hollow Hybrids Composed of Cobalt Sulfides Embedded within Porous Carbon Polyhedra/Carbon Nanotubes for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Wu R, Wang DP, Rui X, Liu B, Zhou K, Law AW, Yan Q, Wei J, Chen Z. Adv Mater. 2015 Apr 9.: Adv Mater
- Sandwich-Structured Graphene-Fe3O4-Carbon Nanocomposites for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Zhao L, Gao M, Yue W, Jiang Y, Wang Y, Ren Y, Hu F. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Apr 17. : ACS Appl Mater Interfaces
Recent Research & Development for Iodates
- Protection of retina by αB crystallin in sodium iodate induced retinal degeneration.. Zhou P, Kannan R, Spee C, Sreekumar PG, Dou G, Hinton DR.. PLoS One. 2014 May 29
- A simple strategy for the immobilization of catalase on multi-walled carbon nanotube/poly (L-lysine) biocomposite for the detection of H2O2 and iodate.. Ezhil Vilian AT, Chen SM, Lou BS.. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Nov 15
- Dose-dependent retinal changes following sodium iodate administration: application of spectral-domain optical coherence tomography for monitoring of retinal injury and endogenous regeneration.. Machalińska A, Lejkowska R, Duchnik M, Kawa M, Rogińska D, Wiszniewska B, Machaliński B.. Curr Eye Res. 2014 Oct
- Direct effect of sodium iodate on neurosensory retina.. Wang J, Iacovelli J, Spencer C, Saint-Geniez M.. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 28
- Resveratrol protects RPE cells from sodium iodate by modulating PPARα and PPARδ.. Qin S, Lu Y, Rodrigues GA.. Exp Eye Res. 2014 Jan
- Structures, thermal behaviors, and luminescent properties of anhydrous lanthanum iodate polymorphs.. Taouti MB, Suffren Y, Leynaud O, Benbertal D, Brenier A, Gautier-Luneau I.. Inorg Chem. 2015 Apr 6
- Potassium iodate assisted synthesis of titanium dioxide nanoparticles with superior water-dispersibility.. Wang Y, Duo F, Peng S, Jia F, Fan C.. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Sep 15
- Assessing sodium iodate-induced outer retinal changes in rats using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy and optical coherence tomography.. Yang Y, Ng TK, Ye C, Yip YW, Law K, Chan SO, Pang CP.. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 20
- Direct effect of sodium iodate on neurosensory retina. Wang J, Iacovelli J, Spencer C, Saint-Geniez M. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 28: Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci
- Assessing sodium iodate-induced outer retinal changes in rats using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy and optical coherence tomography. Yang Y, Ng TK, Ye C, Yip YW, Law K, Chan SO, Pang CP. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 20: Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci