|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C7H5LiO2||128.05||Beige powder||>300 °C||N/A||N/A||128.044959||128.044959||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Lithium Benzoate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Lithium (atomic symbol: Li, atomic number: 3) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 6.94. The number of electrons in each of Lithium's shells is [2, 1] and its electron configuration is [He] 2s1. The lithium atom has a radius of 152 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 181 pm. Lithium was discovered by Johann Arvedson in 1817 and first isolated by William Thomas Brande in 1821. The origin of the name Lithium comes from the Greek word "lithose" which means "stone." Lithium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It has the highest specific heat and electrochemical potential of any element on the period table and the lowest density of any elements that are solid at room temperature. Compared to other metals, it has one of the lowest boiling points. In its elemental form, lithium is soft enough to cut with a knife; its silvery white appearance quickly darkens when exposed to air. Because of its high reactivity, elemental lithium does not occur in nature. Lithium is the key component of lithium-ion battery technology, which is becoming increasingly more prevalent in electronics. For more information on lithium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of lithium products, visit the Lithium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|LITHIUM BENZOATE SYNONYMS|
|Benzoic acid, lithium salt; LithoTab benzoate; benzoic acid, lithium salt (1:1)|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Lithium
- Development of a selective culture medium for bifidobacteria, Raffinose-Propionate Lithium Mupirocin (RP-MUP) and assessment of its usage with Petrifilm™ Aerobic Count plates. Miranda RO, Carvalho AF, Nero LA. Food Microbiol. 2014 May.
- Layer structured a-FeSe: A potential anode material for lithium storage - D Wei, J Liang, Y Zhu, L Hu, K Zhang, J Zhang - Electrochemistry 2014 - Elsevier
- Facile and fast synthesis of porous TiO2 spheres for use in lithium ion batteries. Wang HE, Jin J, Cai Y, Xu JM, Chen DS, Zheng XF, Deng Z, Li Y, Bello I, Su BL. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Mar.
- Novel sodium intercalated (NH4)2V6O16 platelets: High performance cathode materials for lithium-ion battery. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 create date:2013/11/26 | first author:Fei H
- Isomeric thiophene-fused benzocarborane molecules-different lithium doping effect on the nonlinear optical property. Li Y, Xu HL, Wu HQ, Zhong RL, Sun SL, Su ZM. Dalton Trans. 2014 Feb.
- Voltage changes in the lithium dilution cardiac output sensor after exposure to blood from horses given xylazine. Ambrisko TD, Moens Y. Br J Anaesth. 2014 Feb.
- Self-stopping effects of lithium penetration into silicon nanowires. Nanoscale. 2013 date:2013/10/29 | first author:Lang L
- Lithium chloride attenuates root resorption during orthodontic tooth movement in rats. Wang Y, Gao S, Jiang H, Lin P, Bao X, Zhang Z, Hu M. Exp Ther Med. 2014 Feb.
- Ethylcellulose-coated polyolefin separators for lithium-ion batteries with improved safety performance. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 create date:2013/12/05 | first author:Xiong M
- Lithium and sodium battery cathode materials: computational insights into voltage, diffusion and nanostructural properties. Chem Soc Rev. 2014 create date:2013/11/10 | first author:Islam MS
- Lithium Chloride Induces TNFÎ± in Mouse Macrophages Via MEK-ERK-Dependent Pathway. J Cell Biochem. 2014 create date:2013/08/02 | first author:Hull M
- Lithium Chloride Alleviates Neurodegeneration Partly by Inhibiting Activity of GSK3Î² in a SCA3 Drosophila Model. Cerebellum. 2013 create date:2013/07/03 | first author:Jia DD
- No association of endocannabinoid genes with bipolar disorder or lithium response in a Sardinian sample. Psychiatry Res. 2013 | first author:Pisanu C
- Electrochemical performance of a graphene nanosheets anode in a high voltage lithium-ion cell. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 create date:2013/11/05 | first author:Vargas O
- LixFeF6 (x = 2, 3, 4) battery materials: structural, electronic and lithium diffusion properties. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 | first author:Schroeder M
- Facile fabrication of Si mesoporous nanowires for high-capacity and long-life lithium storage. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Chen J
- Inhibition of glycogen synthase kinase 3beta activity with lithium prevents and attenuates paclitaxel-induced neuropathic pain. Neuroscience. 2013 create date:2013/09/28 | first author:Gao M
- Effects of lithium on magnetic resonance imaging signal might not preclude increases in brain volume after chronic lithium treatment. Biol Psychiatry. 2013 create date:2013/09/04 | first author:Vernon AC
- Assembling metal oxide nanocrystals into dense, hollow, porous nanoparticles for lithium-ion and lithium-oxygen battery application. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Ming J
- Single-crystalline metal germanate nanowire-carbon textiles as binder-free, self-supported anodes for high-performance lithium storage. Nanoscale. 2013 | first author:Li W
Recent Research & Development for Benzoates
- Characterization of an inclusion complex of ethyl benzoate with hydroxypropyl-ß-cyclodextrin. Yuan C, Lu Z, Jin Z. Food Chem. 2014 Jun.
- Energetic domains and conformational analysis of human serum albumin upon co-incubation with sodium benzoate and glucose. Taghavi F, Moosavi-Movahedi AA, Bohlooli M, Habibi-Rezaei M, Hadi Alijanvand H, Amanlou M, Sheibani N, Saboury AA, Ahmad F. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2014 Mar.
- New benzoate derivatives and hirsutane type sesquiterpenoids with antimicrobial activity and cytotoxicity from the solid-state fermented rice by the medicinal mushroom Stereum hirsutum. Food Chem. 2014 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Ma K
- Investigation on the adsorption characteristics of sodium benzoate and taurine on gold nanoparticle film by ATR-FTIR spectroscopy. Kumar N, Thomas S, Tokas RB, Kshirsagar RJ. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Antifungal activity of cinnamic acid derivatives involves inhibition of benzoate 4-hydroxylase (CYP53). J Appl Microbiol.
- N-benzoate-N' salicylaldehyde ethynelediamine: A new fluorescent sensor for Zn(2+) ion by off-on" mode." J Fluoresc. 2013 create date:2013/12/07 | first author:Das DK
- Preparation and Physicochemical Characteristics of Polylactide Microspheres of Emamectin Benzoate by Modified Solvent Evaporation/Extraction Method. J Agric Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/11/29 | first author:Zhang SF
- Investigation on the adsorption characteristics of sodium benzoate and taurine on gold nanoparticle film by ATR-FTIR spectroscopy. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/10/05 | first author:Kumar N
- Add-on Treatment of Benzoate for Schizophrenia: A Randomized, Double-blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial of d-Amino Acid Oxidase Inhibitor. JAMA Psychiatry. | first author:Lane HY
- 117 induction of ovulation with estradiol benzoate affects the progression of vascularization in preovulatory follicles. Reprod Fertil Dev. 2013 create date:2013/12/07 | first author:Arashiro EK
- Neuroprotective Benzyl Benzoate Glycosides from Disporum viridescens Roots in HT22 Hippocampal Neuronal Cells. J Nat Prod. 2013 create date:2013/11/20 | first author:Cho N
- Elucidation of the thermophilic phenol biodegradation pathway via benzoate during the anaerobic digestion of municipal solid waste. Chemosphere. 2013 create date:2013/11/19 | first author:Hoyos-Hernandez C
- Introduction of hydrophilic groups onto the ortho-position of benzoate anions induced phase separation of the corresponding ionic liquids with water. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 create date:2013/09/27 | first author:Ando T
- Spectroscopic studies on the interaction of sodium benzoate, a food preservative, with calf thymus DNA. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/06/19 | first author:Zhang G
- LC/MS study of the UV filter hexyl 2-[4-(diethylamino)-2-hydroxybenzoyl]-benzoate (DHHB) aquatic chlorination with sodium hypochlorite. J Mass Spectrom. 2013 create date:2013/11/22 | first author:GrboviÄ‡ G
- Comparative proteomic analysis reveals mechanistic insights into Pseudomonas putida F1 growth on benzoate and citrate. AMB Express. 2013 create date:2013/10/26 | first author:Mandalakis M
- Biodegradation of benzyl benzoate by Pseudomonas desmolyticum NCIM 2112. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2013 create date:2013/10/23 | first author:Rokade K
- Cu(I), Co(II) and Fe(II) coordination polymers with pyrazine and benzoate as ligands. Spin crossover, spin canting and metamagnetism phenomena. Dalton Trans. 2013 create date:2013/07/31 | first author:Amo-Ochoa P.
- Pre- and/or postsurgical administration of estradiol benzoate increases rates of skin flap viability in female rats. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2013 create date:2013/08/15 | first author:Chiu DT
- Pre- and/or postsurgical administration of estradiol benzoate increases skin flap viability in female rats. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2013 create date:2013/06/01 | first author:Vasilenko T