|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Lithium Benzoate||LI-BENZ-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|C7H5LiO2||128.05||Beige powder||>300 °C||N/A||N/A||128.044959||128.044959||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Lithium Benzoate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Lithium (atomic symbol: Li, atomic number: 3) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 6.94. The number of electrons in each of Lithium's shells is [2, 1] and its electron configuration is [He] 2s1. The lithium atom has a radius of 152 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 181 pm. Lithium was discovered by Johann Arvedson in 1817 and first isolated by William Thomas Brande in 1821. The origin of the name Lithium comes from the Greek word "lithose" which means "stone." Lithium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It has the highest specific heat and electrochemical potential of any element on the period table and the lowest density of any elements that are solid at room temperature. Compared to other metals, it has one of the lowest boiling points. In its elemental form, lithium is soft enough to cut with a knife; its silvery white appearance quickly darkens when exposed to air. Because of its high reactivity, elemental lithium does not occur in nature. Lithium is the key component of lithium-ion battery technology, which is becoming increasingly more prevalent in electronics. For more information on lithium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of lithium products, visit the Lithium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|LITHIUM BENZOATE SYNONYMS|
|Benzoic acid, lithium salt; LithoTab benzoate; benzoic acid, lithium salt (1:1)|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Lithium
- Simple and robust method for lithium traces determination in drinking water by atomic emission using low-power capacitively coupled plasma microtorch and microspectrometer. Food Chem. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Zsigmond AR
- Lithium Chloride Alleviates Neurodegeneration Partly by Inhibiting Activity of GSK3Î² in a SCA3 Drosophila Model. Cerebellum. 2013 create date:2013/07/03 | first author:Jia DD
- Neuronal degeneration is observed in multiple regions outside the hippocampus after lithium pilocarpine-induced status epilepticus in the immature rat. Neuroscience. 2013 create date:2013/07/31 | first author:Scholl EA
- A novel strategy to construct high performance lithium-ion cells using one dimensional electrospun nanofibers, electrodes and separators. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Aravindan V
- Facile fabrication of Si mesoporous nanowires for high-capacity and long-life lithium storage. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Chen J
- Electrodeposited three-dimensional Ni-Si nanocable arrays as high performance anodes for lithium ion batteries. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Liu H
- Biomimetic layer-by-layer Co-mineralization approach towards TiO2/Au nanosheets with high rate performance for lithium ion batteries. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Hao B
- Three-dimensional Sn-graphene anode for high-performance lithium-ion batteries. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Wang C
- Assembling metal oxide nanocrystals into dense, hollow, porous nanoparticles for lithium-ion and lithium-oxygen battery application. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Ming J
- Improved lithium storage properties of electrospun TiO2 with tunable morphology: from porous anatase to necklace rutile. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Yang Y
- Lithium incorporation at the MoS2/graphene interface: an ab initio investigation. J Phys Condens Matter. 2013 create date:2013/10/12 | first author:Miwa RH
- Reliability of lithium dilution cardiac output in anaesthetized sheep. Br J Anaesth. 2013 create date:2013/07/11 | first author:Axiak Flammer SM
- Time-dependent fracture probability of bilayer, lithium-disilicate-based, glass-ceramic, molar crowns as a function of core/veneer thickness ratio and load orientation. Dent Mater. 2013 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Anusavice KJ
- Dendritic cells from the elderly display an intrinsic defect in the production of IL-10 in response to Lithium Chloride. Exp Gerontol. 2013 create date:2013/08/31 | first author:Agrawal S
- Single-crystalline metal germanate nanowire-carbon textiles as binder-free, self-supported anodes for high-performance lithium storage. Nanoscale. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Li W
- The prevalence and management of side effects of lithium and anticonvulsants as mood stabilizers in bipolar disorder from a clinical perspective: a review. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Dols A
- Prescribing patterns of lithium or lithium+valproate in manic or mixed episodes: a naturalistic study. Int Clin Psychopharmacol. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Muti M
- Differential effect of lithium on spermidine/spermine N1-acetyltransferase expression in suicidal behaviour. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2013 create date:2013/06/19 | first author:Squassina A
- Lithium-associated hyperparathyroidism and hypercalcaemia: A case-control cross-sectional study. J Affect Disord. 2013 create date:2013/07/23 | first author:Albert U.
- One-pot solvothermal synthesis of graphene-supported TiO2 (B) nanosheets with enhanced lithium storage properties. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 create date:2013/08/27 | first author:Zhang Z
Recent Research & Development for Benzoates
- Highly enantioselective hydrogenation of 1-alkylvinyl benzoates: a simple, nonenzymatic access to chiral 2-alkanols. Kleman P, González-Liste PJ, García-Garrido SE, Cadierno V, Pizzano A. Chemistry. 2013 Nov 2
- New benzoate derivatives and hirsutane type sesquiterpenoids with antimicrobial activity and cytotoxicity from the solid-state fermented rice by the medicinal mushroom Stereum hirsutum. Ma K, Bao L, Han J, Jin T, Yang X, Zhao F, Li S, Song F, Liu M, Liu H. Food Chem. 2014 Jan 15.
- Spectroscopic studies on the interaction of sodium benzoate, a food preservative, with calf thymus DNA. Zhang G, Ma Y. Food Chem. 2013 Nov 1.
- Cu(i), Co(ii) and Fe(ii) coordination polymers with pyrazine and benzoate as ligands. Spin crossover, spin canting and metamagnetism phenomena. Amo-Ochoa P, Castillo O, Zamora F. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 7
- Increased fitness and realized heritability in emamectin benzoate-resistant Chrysoperla carnea (Neuroptera: Chrysopidae). Mansoor MM, Abbas N, Shad SA, Pathan AK, Razaq M. Ecotoxicology. 2013 Aug 22.
- Pre- and/or Postsurgical Administration of Estradiol Benzoate Increases Rates of Skin Flap Viability in Female Rats. Chiu DT, Guerra S, Chung B. Aesthetic Plast Surg. 2013 Aug 14.
- Enantioselective Hydrolysis of dl-Menthyl Benzoate by Cell-Free Extract of Newly Isolated Acinetobacter sp. ECU2040. Ngo-Thi MT, Yin JG, Pan J, Zheng GW, Xu JH. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2013 Aug 17
- Insight into Magnesium Coordination Environments in Benzoate and Salicylate Complexes through (25)Mg Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy. Burgess KM, Xu Y, Leclerc MC, Bryce DL. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Aug 1
- Sea lice population and sex differences in P-glycoprotein expression and emamectin benzoate resistance on salmon farms in the Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick, Canada. Igboeli OO, Burka JF, Fast MD. Pest Manag Sci. 2013 Jul 26.
- Cu(i), Co(ii) and Fe(ii) coordination polymers with pyrazine and benzoate as ligands. Spin crossover, spin canting and metamagnetism phenomena. Amo-Ochoa P, Castillo O, Zamora F. Dalton Trans. 2013 Jul 29.
- Canagliflozin, alogliptin benzoate, and ospemifene. Hussar DA, Frimpong JO. J Am Pharm Assoc (2003). 2013 Jul 1
- Two new terpenoid benzoates with antitumor activity from the roots of Ferula dissecta. Huang J, Han HY, Li GY, Wang HY, Zhang C, Zhang K, Tan Y, Li PY, Wang JH. J Asian Nat Prod Res. 2013 Jul 22.
- Evaluations of Emamectin Benzoate and Propiconazole for Protecting Individual Pinus contorta from Mortality Attributed to Colonization by Dendroctonus ponderosae and Associated Fungi. Fettig CJ, Munson AS, Grosman DM, Bush PB. Pest Manag Sci. 2013 Jul 18.
- Association of N-(pyridin-2-yl),N'-substituted ureas with 2-amino-1,8-naphthyridines and benzoates: NMR and quantum chemical studies of the substituent effect on complexation. Osmialowski B, Mroczynska K, Kolehmainen E, Kowalska M, Valkonen A, Pietrzak M, Rissanen KT. J Org Chem. 2013 Jul 11.
- Insight into Magnesium Coordination Environments in Benzoate and Salicylate Complexes through 25Mg Solid-State NMR Spectroscopy. Burgess KM, Xu Y, Leclerc MC, Bryce DL. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Jul 8.
- A tubular one-dimensional polymer constructed from alternating clusters of europium(III)-water and copper(I) chloride bridged by 4-(pyridin-4-yl)benzoate. Cao GJ, Li QL, Rong C, Wang YL. Acta Crystallogr C. 2013 Jul;69(Pt 7):712-5.
- A Novel 3a-p-Nitrobenzoylmultiflora-7:9(11)-diene-29-benzoate and Two New Triterpenoids from the Seeds of Zucchini (Cucurbita pepo L). Tanaka R, Kikuchi T, Nakasuji S, Ue Y, Shuto D, Igarashi K, Okada R, Yamada T. Molecules. 2013 Jun 26.
- Enantioselective Hydrolysis of dl-Menthyl Benzoate by Cell-Free Extract of Newly Isolated Acinetobacter sp. ECU2040. Ngo-Thi MT, Yin JG, Pan J, Zheng GW, Xu JH. Appl Biochem Biotechnol. 2013 Jun 26.
- 2-Benzoyl-4-chloro-phenyl benzoate. Begum A B, Al-Ghorbani M, Sharma S, Gupta VK, Khanum SA. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 May 31.
- 2,4,6-Tri-nitro-phenyl 3-chloro-benzoate. Moreno-Fuquen R, Mosquera F, Ellena J, De Simone CA, Tenorio JC. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 May 25.
- Ammonium 2-(3,4-di-methyl-benzo-yl)benzoate dihydrate. Zhang MH, Yuan YL, Kou JF. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 May 11.