|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Lithium Deuteride||LI-HD-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Lithium Deuteride||LI-HD-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Lithium Deuteride||LI-HD-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Lithium Deuteride||LI-HD-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|DLi||8.96 g/mol||Yellow, gray, purple, or brown powder and/or chunks||N/A||9.030106||9.030106||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Lithium Deuteride is generally immediately available in most volumes. American Elements offers a broad range of products for hydrogen storage research, advanced fuel cells and battery applications. Hydrogen can easily be generated from renewable energy sources and is the most abundant element in the universe. Hydrogen is produced from various sources such as fossil fuels, water and renewables. Hydrogen is nonpolluting and forms water as a harmless byproduct during use. The challenges associated with the use of hydrogen as a form of energy include developing safe, compact, reliable, and cost-effective hydrogen storage and delivery technologies. Currently, hydrogen can be stored in these three forms: Compressed Hydrogen, Liquid Hydrogen and Chemical Storage. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Lithium (atomic symbol: Li, atomic number: 3) is a Block S, Group 1, Period 2 element with an atomic weight of 6.94. The number of electrons in each of Lithium's shells is [2, 1] and its electron configuration is [He] 2s1. The lithium atom has a radius of 152 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 181 pm. Lithium was discovered by Johann Arvedson in 1817 and first isolated by William Thomas Brande in 1821. The origin of the name Lithium comes from the Greek wordlithose which means "stone." Lithium is a member of the alkali group of metals. It has the highest specific heat and electrochemical potential of any element on the period table and the lowest density of any elements that are solid at room temperature. Compared to other metals, it has one of the lowest boiling points. In its elemental form, lithium is soft enough to cut with a knife; its silvery white appearance quickly darkens when exposed to air. Because of its high reactivity, elemental lithium does not occur in nature. Lithium is the key component of lithium-ion battery technology, which is becoming increasingly more prevalent in electronics. For more information on lithium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of lithium products, visit the Lithium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 1414 4.3/PG 1|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|LITHIIUM DEUTERIDE SYNONYMS|
|CUSTOMERS FOR LITHIIUM DEUTERIDE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Lithium Cobalt Phosphate||Lithium Chloride||Lithium Nitrate||Lithium Pellets||a href="linmf.html">Lithium Foil|
|Lithium Nanoparticles||Lithium Wire||Lithium Powder||Lithium Sputtering Target||Lithium Germanium Oxide|
|Lithium Acetate||Lithium Acetylacetonate||Lithium Metal||Lithium Oxide||Lithium Oxide Pellets|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Lithium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Lithium
- Acute cardiomyopathy precipitated by lithium: is there a direct toxic effect on cardiac myocytes? A case report and review of literature.. Anantha Narayanan M, Mahfood Haddad T, Bansal O, Baskaran J, Azzouz MS, Akinapelli A, Esterbrooks DJ.. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Apr 18.
- Circadian activation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis May affect central, but not peripheral, effect of lithium in conditioned taste aversion learning in rats.. Kim YS, Bae Yoo S, Ryu V, Kim KN, Kim BT, Lee JH, Won Jahng J.. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 May 20.
- A Lithium Amide Protected Against Protonation in the Gas Phase: Unexpected Effect of LiCl.. Lesage D, Barozzino-Consiglio G, Duwald R, Fressigné C, Harrison-Marchand A, Faull KF, Maddaluno J, Gimbert Y.. J Org Chem. 2015 May 21.
- Influence of CuO content on the structure of lithium fluoroborate glasses: Spectral and gamma irradiation studies.. Abdelghany AM, ElBatal HA, EzzElDin FM.. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2015 May 8
- TiC/NiO core/shell nanoarchitecture with battery-capacitive synchronous lithium storage for high-performance lithium-ion battery.. Huang H, Feng T, Gan Y, Fang M, Xia Y, Liang C, Tao X, Zhang W.. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 May 19.
- Encapsulating micro-nano Si/SiOx into conjugated nitrogen-doped carbon as binder-free monolithic anodes for advanced lithium ion batteries. Wang J, Zhou M, Tan G, Chen S, Wu F, Lu J, Amine K. Nanoscale. 2015 Apr 13. : Nanoscale
- The iNOS/Src/FAK axis contributes to lithium chloride-mediated macrophage migration. Chen HC, Chien WC, Chang MY, Hsieh MY, Lai M, Maa MC, Leu TH. Nitric Oxide. 2015 Apr 10.: Nitric Oxide
- Nitrogen-Enriched Porous Carbon Coating for Manganese Oxide Nanostructures towards High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Wang JG, Zhang C, Kang F. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Apr 14. : ACS Appl Mater Interfaces
- In-Situ Formation of Hollow Hybrids Composed of Cobalt Sulfides Embedded within Porous Carbon Polyhedra/Carbon Nanotubes for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Wu R, Wang DP, Rui X, Liu B, Zhou K, Law AW, Yan Q, Wei J, Chen Z. Adv Mater. 2015 Apr 9.: Adv Mater
- Sandwich-Structured Graphene-Fe3O4-Carbon Nanocomposites for High-Performance Lithium-Ion Batteries. Zhao L, Gao M, Yue W, Jiang Y, Wang Y, Ren Y, Hu F. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Apr 17. : ACS Appl Mater Interfaces
Recent Research & Development for Hydrides
- An Air- and Water-Tolerant Zinc Hydride Cluster That Reacts Selectively With CO2.. Ermert DM, Ghiviriga I, Catalano VJ, Shearer J, Murray LJ.. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Apr 27.
- Arsenic fractionation in agricultural soil using an automated three-step sequential extraction method coupled to hydride generation-atomic fluorescence spectrometry.. Rosas-Castor JM, Portugal L, Ferrer L, Guzmán-Mar JL, Hernández-Ramírez A, Cerdà V, Hinojosa-Reyes L.. Anal Chim Acta. 2015 May 18
- Effects of the surface stoichiometry of seeds on GaN layer growth by hydride vapour phase epitaxy.. Wang B, Zhao ZD, Xu W, Sui YP, Yu GH.. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Apr 21
- The Cobalt Hydride that Never Was: Revisiting Schrauzer's "Hydridocobaloxime".. Lacy DC, Roberts GM, Peters JC.. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Apr 15
- β-Selective C-Arylation of Diisobutylaluminum Hydride Modified 1,6-Anhydroglucose: Synthesis of Canagliflozin without Recourse to Conventional Protecting Groups.. Henschke JP, Lin CW, Wu PY, Tsao WS, Liao JH, Chiang PC.. J Org Chem. 2015 May 15
- Alkane Activation Initiated by Hydride Transfer: Co-conversion of Propane and Methanol over H-ZSM-5 Zeolite.. Yu SM, Wu JF, Liu C, Liu W, Bai S, Huang J, Wang W.. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 May 8.
- A pyrazolate-stabilized sodium hydride complex. Stasch A. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10: Chem Commun (Camb)
- Effects of the surface stoichiometry of seeds on GaN layer growth by hydride vapour phase epitaxy. Wang B, Zhao ZD, Xu W, Sui YP, Yu GH. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Apr 1. : Phys Chem Chem Phys
- A pyrazolate-stabilized sodium hydride complex. Stasch A. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10
- Discrete Magnesium Hydride Aggregates: A Cationic Mg13 H18 Cluster Stabilized by NNNN-Type Macrocycles. Martin D, Beckerle K, Schnitzler S, Spaniol TP, Maron L, Okuda J. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2015 Feb 4.