Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (LSF)
Lanthanum Ferrite doped with Strontium Oxide Fuel Cell Cathode
La2O3 / Fe2O3 / SrO
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (Sr = 10%) Powder||LSF-10-P||Request Quote|
|Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (Sr = 10%) Ink||LSF-10-I||Request Quote|
|Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (Sr = 20%) Powder||LSF-20-P||Request Quote|
|Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite Sr = 20%) Ink||LSF-20-I||Request Quote|
American Elements specializes in producing Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (LSF) for fuel cell cathode applications utilizing solid state processing to produce single phase perovskite structures with various doping levels and surface areas (SSA) for use in thin film layers. Upon firing, American Elements' Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite will partially sinter to form well-defined necks and open gas paths to permit simultaneous gas and electrical transfer. Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite has an excellent thermal expansion match with Yttria Stabilized Zirconia (YSZ) electrolytes. It is highly electronically conductive and has proven long term stability. Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite belongs to a class of "A" site and "B" site doped perovskite structures with these properties. These include Lanthanum Strontium Manganite (LSM), Lanthanum Strontium Cobaltite Ferrite (LSCF), Lanthanum Calcium Manganite (LCM), Lanthanum Strontium Chromite (LSC), and Lanthanum Strontium Gallate Magnesite (LSGM). Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite is available as a powder for tape casting, air spray/thermal spray/plasma spray, extrusion and sputtering fuel cell applications and as an ink for screen printing. Strontium doping levels are available at 10% and 20% and as specified by customer. Oxygen starved compositions are available. American Elements provides guidance on firing parameters, doping levels, and thermal expansion matching with American Elements' electrolyte and interconnect fuel cell layers. Also see product data sheets for LSF-20-P and LSF-20-I.
Lanthanum (atomic symbol: La, atomic number: 57) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 138.90547. The number of electrons in each of lanthanum's shells is [2, 8, 18, 18, 9, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe] 5d1 6s2. The lanthanum atom has a radius of 187 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 240 pm. Lanthanum was first discovered by Carl Mosander in 1838. In its elemental form, lanthanum has a silvery white appearance. It is a soft, malleable, and ductile metal that oxidizes easily in air. Lanthanum is the first element in the rare earth or lanthanide series. It is the model for all the other trivalent rare earths and it is the second most abundant of the rare earths after cerium. Lanthanum is found in minerals such as monazite and bastnasite. The name lanthanum originates from the Greek word Lanthaneia, which means 'to lie hidden'. For more information on lanthanum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of lanthanum products, visit the Lanthanum element page.
Strontium (atomic symbol: Sr, atomic number: 38) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 87.62 . The number of electrons in each of Strontium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 5s2. The strontium atom has a radius of 215 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 249 pm. Strontium was discovered by William Cruickshank in 1787 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, strontium is a soft, silvery white metallic solid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air. Cathode ray tubes in televisions are made of strontium, which are becoming increasingly displaced by other display technologies; pyrotechnics and fireworks employ strontium salts to achhieve a bright red color. Radioactive isotopes of strontium have been used in radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) and for certain cancer treatments. In nature, most strontium is found in celestite (as strontium sulfate) and strontianite (as strontium carbonate). Strontium was named after the Scottish town where it was discovered. For more information on strontium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of strontium products, visit the Strontium element page.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite, hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron element page.
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Lanthanum
- Comparison of the effects of lanthanum, cerium and praseodymium on rumen fermentation, nutrient digestion and plasma biochemical parameters in beef cattle. Lin S, Wei C, Zhao G, Zhang T, Yang K. Arch Anim Nutr. 2015
- Crystal structure of penta-kis-(ethyl-enedi-amine-k(2) N,N')lanthanum(III) trichloride-ethylene-diamine-dichloromethane (1/1/1). Sartain HT, Staples RJ, Biros SM. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2014 Oct 29
- Modification of carbon derived from Sargassum sp. by lanthanum for enhanced adsorption of fluoride. Yu Y, Wang C, Guo X, Paul Chen J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Mar 1
- Probing highly luminescent europium-doped lanthanum orthophosphate nanorods for strategic applications. Saraf M, Kumar P, Kedawat G, Dwivedi J, Vithayathil SA, Jaiswal N, Kaipparettu BA, Gupta BK. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 16
- Oxidative effects, nutrients and metabolic changes in aquatic macrophyte, Elodea nuttallii, following exposure to lanthanum. Zhang J, Zhang T, Lu Q, Cai S, Chu W, Qiu H, Xu T, Li F, Xu Q. Ecotoxicol Environ Saf. 2015 Feb 17
- Lanthanum-Mediated C-H Bond Activation of Propyne and Identification of La(C3H2) Isomers. Hewage D, Roudjane M, Silva WR, Kumari S, Yang DS. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 10.
- Characterization of phosphate sequestration by a lanthanum modified bentonite clay: A solid-state NMR, EXAFS and PXRD study. Dithmer L, Lipton AS, Reitzel K, Warner TE, Lundberg D, Nielsen UG. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 6.
- Erratum to: The effect of lanthanum(III) and cerium(III) ions between layers of manganese oxide on water oxidation. Najafpour MM, Isaloo MA, Ho?y?ska M, Shen JR, Allakhverdiev SI. Photosynth Res. 2015 Mar 14.
- The effect of lanthanum(III) and cerium(III) ions between layers of manganese oxide on water oxidation. Najafpour MM, Isaloo MA, Ho?y?ska M, Shen JR, Allakhverdiev S. Photosynth Res. 2015 Feb 21.
- Ionic liquid-mediated synthesis of meso-scale porous lanthanum-transition-metal perovskites with high CO oxidation performance. Lu H, Zhang P, Qiao ZA, Zhang J, Zhu H, Chen J, Chen Y, Dai S. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 2.
- [[Effect of lanthanum chloride on cytokines expression of RAW264.7 induced by alumina ceramic particles]. Nie T, Dai Min, Jiang C, Liu X. Zhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi. 2014 Aug
- Synthesis and characterization of nitrogen-rich macrocyclic ligands and an investigation of their coordination chemistry with lanthanum(III). Wilson JJ, Birnbaum ER, Batista ER, Martin RL, John KD. Inorg Chem. 2015 Jan 5
- Peculiar Histiocytic Lesions With Massive Lanthanum Deposition in Dialysis Patients Treated With Lanthanum Carbonate. Haratake J, Yasunaga C, Ootani A, Shimajiri S, Matsuyama A, Hisaoka M. Am J Surg Pathol. 2015 Jan 19.
- Lanthanum aluminum oxide thin-film dielectrics from aqueous solution. Plassmeyer PN, Archila K, Wager JF, Page CJ. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Jan 28
- [Radiographic disappearance of lanthanum]. Pastori G. G Ital Nefrol. 2015 Gennaio-Febbraio
- Restoration of Parathyroid Function After Change of Phosphate Binder From Calcium Carbonate to Lanthanum Carbonate in Hemodialysis Patients With Suppressed Serum Parathyroid Hormone. Inaba M, Okuno S, Nagayama H, Yamada S, Ishimura E, Imanishi Y, Shoji S. J Ren Nutr. 2015 Mar
- Lanthanum rather than cadmium induces oxidative stress and metabolite changes in Hypericum perforatum. Babula P, Klejdus B, Kovacik J, Hedbavny J, Hlavna M. J Hazard Mater. 2014 Dec 31
- Electrochemical preparation of nanostructured lanthanum using lanthanum chloride as a precursor in 1-butyl-3-methylimidazolium dicyanamide ionic liquid. Zhang QB, Yang C, Hua YX, Li Y, Dong P. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Jan 28
- Ultrasonic mediated synthesis of monodispersed lanthanum hydroxide nanorods for possible bioimplant application. Harini D, Rajaram A, Rajaram R. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Jan
- Nanoscale assembly of lanthanum silica with dense and porous interfacial structures. Ballinger B, Motuzas J, Miller CR, Smart S, Diniz da Costa JC. Sci Rep. 2015 Feb 3
Recent Research & Development for Strontium
- Strontium and zoledronate hydroxyapatites graded composite coatings for bone prostheses. Boanini E, Torricelli P, Sima F, Axente E, Fini M, Mihailescu IN, Bigi A. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2015 Feb 9
- Strontium still authorised despite an unfavourable opinion of the European Pharmacovigilance committee. [No authors listed] Prescrire Int. 2015 Jan
- Middle Holocene daily light cycle reconstructed from the strontium/calcium ratios of a fossil giant clam shell. Hori M, Sano Y, Ishida A, Takahata N, Shirai K, Watanabe T. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 4
- Tracking mobility using human hair: What can we learn from lead and strontium isotopes? Vautour G, Poirier A, Widory D. Sci Justice. 2015 Jan
- Optimizing strontium ruthenate thin films for near-infrared plasmonic applications. Braic L, Vasilantonakis N, Zou B, Maier SA, Alford NM, Zayats AV, Petrov PK. Sci Rep. 2015 Mar 13
- Supplementation of strontium to a chondrogenic medium promotes chondrogenic differentiation of human dedifferentiated fat cells. Okita N, Honda Y, Kishimoto N, Liao W, Azumi E, Hashimoto Y, Matsumoto N. Tissue Eng Part A. 2015 Feb 11.
- The osteogenic response of mesenchymal stromal cells to strontium-substituted bioactive glasses. Santocildes-Romero ME, Crawford A, Hatton PV, Goodchild RL, Reaney IM, Miller CA. J Tissue Eng Regen Med. 2015 Mar 11.
- Fabrication of gelatin-strontium substituted calcium phosphate scaffolds with unidirectional pores for bone tissue engineering. Wu YC, Lin WY, Yang CY, Lee TM. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Mar
- Provenancing of unidentified World War II casualties: Application of strontium and oxygen isotope analysis in tooth enamel. Font L, Jonker G, van Aalderen PA, Schiltmans EF, Davies GR. Sci Justice. 2015 Jan
- Effects on growth and osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells by the strontium-added sol-gel hydroxyapatite gel materials. Raucci MG, Giugliano D, Alvarez-Perez MA, Ambrosio L. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Age and gender specific biokinetic model for strontium in humans. Shagina NB, Tolstykh EI, Degteva MO, Anspaugh LR, Napier BA. J Radiol Prot. 2015 Mar
- In vitro and in vivo evaluation of strontium-containing nanostructured carbonated hydroxyapatite/sodium alginate for sinus lift in rabbits. Valiense H, Barreto M, Resende RF, Alves AT, Rossi AM, Mavropoulos E, Granjeiro JM, Calasans-Maia MD. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 Feb 26.
- Repairing defect and preventing collapse of femoral head in a steroid-induced osteonecrotic of femoral head animal model using strontium-doped calcium polyphosphate combined BM-MNCs. Kang P, Xie X, Tan Z, Yang J, Shen B, Zhou Z, Pei F. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Arsenic, barium, strontium and uranium geochemistry and their utility as tracers to characterize groundwaters from the Espadán-Calderona Triassic Domain, Spain. Giménez-Forcada E, Vega-Alegre M. Sci Total Environ. 2015 Apr 15
- The deposition of strontium-substituted hydroxyapatite coatings. Boyd AR, Rutledge L, Randolph LD, Mutreja I, Meenan BJ. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Strontium eluting graphene hybrid nanoparticles augment osteogenesis in a 3D tissue scaffold. Kumar S, Chatterjee K. Nanoscale. 2015 Feb 7
- Architectural control of urea in supramolecular 1D strontium vanadium oxide chains. Schwarz B, Streb C. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 17
- Evaluation of injectable strontium-containing borate bioactive glass cement with enhanced osteogenic capacity in a critical-sized rabbit femoral condyle defect model. Zhang Y, Cui X, Zhao S, Wang H, Rahaman MN, Liu Z, Huang W, Zhang C. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 4
- Short-term effect of strontium- and zinc-containing toothpastes and mouthrinses on volatile sulphur compounds in morning breath: a randomized, double-blind, cross-over clinical study. Soares LG, Jonski G, Tinoco EM, Young A. Eur J Oral Sci. 2015 Apr
- In vitro interactions of blood, platelet, and fibroblast with biodegradable magnesium-zinc-strontium alloys. Nguyen TY, Cipriano AF, Guan RG, Zhao ZY, Liu H. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2015 Feb 17.
Recent Research & Development for Ferrites
- Ultra-low percolation threshold in ferrite-metal cofired ceramics brings both high permeability and high permittivity. Wang L, Bai Y, Lu X, Cao JL, Qiao LJ. Sci Rep. 2015 Jan 5
- Mesoporous bismuth ferrite with amplified magnetoelectric coupling and electric field-induced ferrimagnetism. Quickel TE, Schelhas LT, Farrell RA, Petkov N, Le VH, Tolbert SH. Nat Commun. 2015 Mar 10
- Laccase immobilized manganese ferrite nanoparticle: synthesis and LSSVM intelligent modeling of decolorization. Mahmoodi NM, Arabloo M, Abdi J. Water Res. 2014 Dec 15
- Dopamine-assisted one-pot synthesis of zinc ferrite-embedded porous carbon nanospheres for ultrafast and stable lithium ion batteries. Yao X, Zhao C, Kong J, Wu H, Zhou D, Lu X. Chem Commun (Camb). 2014 Dec 4
- Bismuth ferrite as low-loss switchable material for plasmonic waveguide modulator. Babicheva VE, Zhukovsky SV, Lavrinenko AV. Opt Express. 2014 Nov 17
- Long-circulating PEGylated manganese ferrite nanoparticles for MRI-based molecular imaging. Pernia Leal M, Rivera-Fernández S, Franco JM, Pozo D, de la Fuente JM, García-Martín ML. Nanoscale. 2015 Feb 7
- Silica Encapsulation of Ferrimagnetic Zinc Ferrite Nanocubes Enabled by Layer-by-Layer Polyelectrolyte Deposition. Park J, Porter MD, Granger MC. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 10.
- Facile synthesis of nano silver ferrite (AgFeO2) modified with chitosan applied for biothiol separation. Abdelhamid HN, Wu HF. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Dec
- Electrospun bismuth ferrite nanofibers for potential applications in ferroelectric photovoltaic devices. Fei L, Hu Y, Li X, Song R, Sun L, Huang H, Gu H, Chan HL, Wang Y. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 18
- Barium ferrite decorated reduced graphene oxide nanocomposite for effective electromagnetic interference shielding. Verma M, Singh AP, Sambyal P, Singh BP, Dhawan SK, Choudhary V. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Jan 21
- Anhydride functionalised calcium ferrite nanoparticles: a new selective magnetic material for enrichment of lead ions from water and food samples. Pirouz MJ, Beyki MH, Shemirani F. Food Chem. 2015 Mar 1
- Composition and hydrophilicity control of Mn-doped ferrite (MnxFe3-xO4) nanoparticles induced by polyol differentiation. Vamvakidis K, Katsikini M, Vourlias G, Angelakeris M, Paloura EC, Dendrinou-Samara C. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 10
- Synthetic control of composition and crystallite size of silver ferrite composites: profound electrochemistry impacts. Durham JL, Kirshenbaum K, Takeuchi ES, Marschilok AC, Takeuchi KJ. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 10
- Synergetic effect of size and morphology of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles on proton relaxivity. N V, Srivastava C, Hegde V. IET Nanobiotechnol. 2014 Dec
- Accumulation and biological effects of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles in human pancreatic and ovarian cancer cells. Pašukonien? V, Mlynska A, Steponkien? S, Poderys V, Matulionyt? M, Karabanovas V, Statkut? U, Purvinien? R, Kra?ko JA, Jagminas A, Kurtinaitien? M, Strioga M, Rotomskis R. Medicina (Kaunas). 2014
- One-step facile solvothermal synthesis of copper ferrite-graphene composite as a high-performance supercapacitor material. Zhang W, Quan B, Lee C, Park SK, Li X, Choi E, Diao G, Piao Y. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Feb 4
- Strong and moldable cellulose magnets with high ferrite nanoparticle content. Galland S, Andersson RL, Ström V, Olsson RT, Berglund LA. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2014 Nov 26
- Ultrasonic cavitation erosion of nodular cast iron with ferrite-pearlite microstructure. Mitelea I, Bordea?u I, Pelle M, Cr?ciunescu C. Ultrason Sonochem. 2015 Mar
- Cellular uptake and biocompatibility of bismuth ferrite harmonic advanced nanoparticles. Staedler D, Passemard S, Magouroux T, Rogov A, Maguire CM, Mohamed BM, Schwung S, Rytz D, Jüstel T, Hwu S, Mugnier Y, Le Dantec R, Volkov Y, Gerber-Lemaire S, Prina-Mello A, Bonacina L, Wolf JP. Nanomedicine. 2015 Jan 31.
- Influence of Bi3+-doping on the magnetic and Mössbauer properties of spinel cobalt ferrite. Gore SK, Mane RS, Naushad M, Jadhav SS, Zate MK, Alothman ZA, Hui BK. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 6.