Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (LSF)
Lanthanum Ferrite doped with Strontium Oxide Fuel Cell Cathode
La2O3 / Fe2O3 / SrO
American Elements specializes in producing Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite (LSF) for fuel cell cathode applications utilizing solid state processing to produce single phase perovskite structures with various doping levels and surface areas (SSA) for use in thin film layers. Upon firing, American Elements' Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite will partially sinter to form well-defined necks and open gas paths to permit simultaneous gas and electrical transfer. Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite has an excellent thermal expansion match with Yttria Stabilized Zirconia (YSZ) electrolytes. It is highly electronically conductive and has proven long term stability. Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite belongs to a class of "A" site and "B" site doped perovskite structures with these properties. These include Lanthanum Strontium Manganite (LSM), Lanthanum Strontium Cobaltite Ferrite (LSCF), Lanthanum Calcium Manganite (LCM), Lanthanum Strontium Chromite (LSC), and Lanthanum Strontium Gallate Magnesite (LSGM). Lanthanum Strontium Ferrite is available as a powder for tape casting, air spray/thermal spray/plasma spray, extrusion and sputtering fuel cell applications and as an ink for screen printing. Strontium doping levels are available at 10% and 20% and as specified by customer. Oxygen starved compositions are available. American Elements provides guidance on firing parameters, doping levels, and thermal expansion matching with American Elements' electrolyte and interconnect fuel cell layers. Also see product data sheets for LSF-20-P and LSF-20-I.
Lanthanum (atomic symbol: La, atomic number: 57) is a Block F, Group 3, Period 6 element with an atomic weight of 138.90547. The number of electrons in each of lanthanum's shells is [2, 8, 18, 18, 9, 2] and its electron configuration is [Xe] 5d1 6s2. The lanthanum atom has a radius of 187 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 240 pm. Lanthanum was first discovered by Carl Mosander in 1838. In its elemental form, lanthanum has a silvery white appearance. It is a soft, malleable, and ductile metal that oxidizes easily in air. Lanthanum is the first element in the rare earth or lanthanide series. It is the model for all the other trivalent rare earths and it is the second most abundant of the rare earths after cerium. Lanthanum is found in minerals such as monazite and bastnasite. The name lanthanum originates from the Greek word "Lanthaneia," which means 'to lie hidden'. For more information on lanthanum, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of lanthanum products, visit the Lanthanum Information Center.
Strontium (atomic symbol: Sr, atomic number: 38) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 5 element with an atomic weight of 87.62 . The number of electrons in each of Strontium's shells is [2, 8, 18, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Kr] 5s2. The strontium atom has a radius of 215 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 249 pm. Strontium was discovered by William Cruickshank in 1787 and first isolated by Humphry Davy in 1808. In its elemental form, strontium is a soft, silvery white metallic solid that quickly turns yellow when exposed to air. Cathode ray tubes in televisions are made of strontium, which are becoming increasingly displaced by other display technologies; pyrotechnics and fireworks employ strontium salts to achhieve a bright red color. Radioactive isotopes of strontium have been used in radioisotope thermoelectric generators (RTGs) and for certain cancer treatments. In nature, most strontium is found in celestite (as strontium sulfate) and strontianite (as strontium carbonate). Strontium was named after the Scottish town where it was discovered. For more information on strontium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of strontium products, visit the Strontium Information Center.
Iron (atomic symbol: Fe, atomic number: 26) is a Block D, Group 8, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 55.845. The number of electrons in each of Iron's shells is 2, 8, 14, 2 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d6 4s2. The iron atom has a radius of 126 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 194 pm. Iron was discovered by humans before 5000 BC. In its elemental form, iron has a lustrous grayish metallic appearance. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth's crust and the most common element by mass forming the earth as a whole. Iron is rarely found as a free element, since it tends to oxidize easily; it is usually found in minerals such as magnetite , hematite, goethite, limonite, or siderite. Though pure iron is typically soft, the addition of carbon creates the alloy known as steel, which is significantly stronger. For more information on iron, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iron products, visit the Iron Information Center.
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Lanthanum
- Preconcentration of some metal ions with lanthanum-8-hydroxyquinoline co-precipitation system. Feist B, Mikula B. Food Chem. 2014 Mar 15.
- The role of chemical interactions between thorium, cerium, and lanthanum in lymphocyte toxicity. Arch Environ Occup Health. 2014 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Oliveira MS
- Lanthanum-induced neurotoxicity: solving the riddle of its involvement in cognitive impairment? Arch Toxicol. 2013 create date:2013/08/13 | first author:Zarros A
- Antioxidant response of soybean seedlings to joint stress of lanthanum and acid rain. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 create date:2013/05/09 | first author:Liang C
- Effects and safety of lanthanum carbonate in end stage renal disease patients with hyperphosphatemia: a meta-analysis - system review of lanthanum carbonate. Ren Fail. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Guo H
- Doped lanthanum nickelates with a layered perovskite structure as bifunctional cathode catalysts for rechargeable metal-air batteries. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Jung KN
- Oxygen transport in nanostructured lanthanum manganites. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 create date:2013/09/03 | first author:Rossetti I
- Molecular mechanism of oxidative damage of lung in mice following exposure to lanthanum chloride. Environ Toxicol. 2013 create date:2013/10/22 | first author:Hong J
- Observation of d-p hybridized aromaticity in lanthanum-doped boron clusters. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 create date:2013/10/22 | first author:Cheng SB
- Efficacy and safety of lanthanum carbonate on chronic kidney disease--mineral and bone disorder in dialysis patients: a systematic review. BMC Nephrol. 2013 create date:2013/10/19 | first author:Zhang C
- High phosphate feeding induced arterial medial calcification in uremic rats: Roles of Lanthanum carbonate on protecting vasculature. Life Sci. 2013 create date:2013/09/10 | first author:Yu C
- Lanthanum carbonate stimulates bone formation in a rat model of renal insufficiency with low bone turnover. J Bone Miner Metab. 2013 create date:2013/10/16 | first author:Fumoto T
- Capillary microextraction combined with fluorinating assisted electrothermal vaporization inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry for the determination of trace lanthanum, europium, dysprosium and yttrium in human hair. Talanta. 2013 create date:2013/09/24 | first author:Wu S Efficacy and Tolerability of Lanthanum Carbonate in Treatment of Hyperphosphatemia Patients Receiving Dialysis - A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials. Huang W, Liu J, Tang Y, Gao X, Di B, Zhang F. Curr Med Res Opin. 2013 Sep 25.
- Capillary microextraction combined with fluorinating assisted electrothermal vaporization inductively coupled plasma optical emission spectrometry for the determination of trace lanthanum, europium, dysprosium and yttrium in human hair. Wu S, Hu C, He M, Chen B, Hu B. Talanta. 2013 Oct 15
- Doped lanthanum nickelates with a layered perovskite structure as bi-functional cathode catalysts for rechargeable metal-air batteries. Jung KN, Jung JH, Im WB, Yoon S, Shin KH, Lee JW. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 Sep 20.
- Liao T, Sasaki T, Sun Z. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Sep 25
- High phosphate feeding induced arterial medial calcification in uremic rats: Roles of Lanthanum carbonate on protecting vasculature. Yu C, Chen B, Zhao T, Wang R, Akhtar J, Wang H, Zhang H. Life Sci. 2013 Oct 17
- Oxygen transport in nanostructured lanthanum manganites. Rossetti I, Allieta M, Biffi C, Scavini M. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Oct 21
- Effects and safety of lanthanum carbonate in end stage renal disease patients with hyperphosphatemia: a meta-analysis - system review of lanthanum carbonate. Guo H, Zhang X, Tang S, Zhang S. Ren Fail. 2013 Sep 2.
- Lanthanum-induced neurotoxicity: solving the riddle of its involvement in cognitive impairment? Zarros A, Byrne AM, Boomkamp SD, Tsakiris S, Baillie GS. Arch Toxicol. 2013 Aug 10.
Recent Research & Development for Strontium
- Precise determination of strontium isotope ratios by TIMS to authenticate tomato geographical origin. Trincherini PR, Baffi C, Barbero P, Pizzoglio E, Spalla S. Food Chem. 2014 Feb 15
- Geographic determination of coffee beans using multi-element analysis and isotope ratios of boron and strontium. Food Chem. 2014 2013/09/05 | first author:Liu HC
- Preclinical evaluation of strontium-containing bioactive bone cement. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Li Z
- Application of ICP-DRC-MS to screening test of strontium and plutonium in environmental samples at Fukushima. Appl Radiat Isot. 2013 2013/05/16 | first author:Sakama M
- Spatial distribution of the trace elements zinc, strontium and lead in human bone tissue. Bone. 2013 2013/08/13 | first author:Pemmer B
- Baseline concentrations of strontium and (90)Sr in seawater from the northern Gulf. Mar Pollut Bull. 2013 2013/07/24 | first author:Uddin S
- Bone formation induced by strontium modified calcium phosphate cement in critical-size metaphyseal fracture defects in ovariectomized rats. Biomaterials. 2013 2013/08/03 | first author:Thormann U
- Isolation of strontium pools and isotope ratios in modern human hair. Anal Chim Acta. 2013 2013/09/28 | first author:Tipple BJ
- Strontium Localization in Bone Tissue Studied by X-Ray Absorption Spectroscopy. Calcif Tissue Int. 2013 2013/10/09 | first author:FrankÃ¦r CG
- Pure Hydroxyapatite Phantoms for the Calibration of in Vivo X-ray Fluorescence Systems of Bone Lead and Strontium Quantification. Anal Chem. 2013 2013/08/29 | first author:Da Silva E
- Enhanced osteoporotic bone regeneration by strontium-substituted calcium silicate bioactive ceramics. Biomaterials. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Lin K
- Processing and properties of textured potassium strontium niobate (KSr(2)Nb(5)O(15)) ceramic fibers-effect of texture on the electrical properties. IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control. 2013 2013/10/02 | first author:Alkoy S
- Preparation and photocatalytic activity of strontium titanate nanocube-dispersed mesoporous silica. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 2013/07/31 | first author:Katagiri K
- The effects of strontium on skeletal development in zebrafish embryo. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2013 2013/09/03 | first author:Pasqualetti S
- Pulsed electrodeposition for the synthesis of strontium-substituted calcium phosphate coatings with improved dissolution properties. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/08/06 | first author:Drevet R.
- Development and evaluation of a magnesium-zinc-strontium alloy for biomedical applications--alloy processing, microstructure, mechanical properties, and biodegradation. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 2013/08/06 | first author:Guan RG
- SBN60, strontium-barium niobate at 100â€…K. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 2013/10/08 | first author:Stachowicz MHuo L, Qian T, Hao J, Liu H, Zhao D. Effect of water content on strontium retardation factor and distribution coefficient in Chinese loess. J Radiol Prot. 2013 Sep 19.
- Budis H, Kalisinska E, Lanocha N, Kosik-Bogacka DI. The Concentration of Manganese, Iron and Strontium in Bone of Red Fox Vulpes vulpes (L. 1758). Biol Trace Elem Res. 2013 Sep 7.
- Feng LL, Zou X, Zhao J, Zhou LJ, Wang DJ, Zhang X, Li GD. Nanoporous Sr-rich strontium titanate: a stable and superior photocatalyst for H(2) evolution. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Sep 12.
- Calcium phosphate cements with strontium halides as radiopacifiers. 2013 Aug 30 - López A, Montazerolghaem M, Engqvist H, Ott MK, Persson C.
Recent Research & Development for Ferrites
- Dielectric properties of cobalt ferrite nanoparticles in ultrathin nanocomposite films. Alcantara GB, Paterno LG, Fonseca FJ, Pereira-da-Silva MA, Morais PC, Soler MA. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2013 Dec.
- Magnetic nanocomposite based on titania-silica/cobalt ferrite for photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue dye - FA Harraz, RM Mohamed, MM Rashad, YC Wang… - Ceramics, 2013 - Elsevier
- Dye removal using modified copper ferrite nanoparticle and RSM analysis. Mahmoodi NM, Soltani-Gordefaramarzi S, Sadeghi-Kiakhani M. Environ Monit Assess. 2013 Dec.
- Atom probe study of vanadium interphase precipitates and randomly distributed vanadium precipitates in ferrite. Nöhrer M, Zamberger S, Primig S, Leitner H. Micron. 2013 Nov-Dec
- Magnetic nanocomposite based on titania-silica/cobalt ferrite for photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue dye FA Harraz, RM Mohamed, MM Rashad, YC Wang… - Ceramics …, 2013 - Elsevier Abstract Magnetic photocatalysts were successfully prepared by coating titania-silica (TiO 2-SiO 2) on cobalt ferrite (CoFe 2 O 4) nanoparticles.
- Preparation of magnesium ferrite nanoparticles by ultrasonic wave-assisted aqueous solution ball milling. Chen D, Li DY, Zhang YZ, Kang ZT. Ultrason Sonochem. 2013 Nov 20
- Synthesis and neuro-cytocompatibility of magnetic Zn-ferrite nanorods via peptide-assisted process. Zou Y, Huang Z, Deng M, Yin G, Chen X, Liu J, Wang Y, Yan L, Gu J. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Oct 15
- Efficient degradation of atrazine by magnetic porous copper ferrite catalyzed peroxymonosulfate oxidation via the formation of hydroxyl and sulfate radicals. Guan YH, Ma J, Ren YM, Liu YL, Xiao JY, Lin LQ, Zhang C. Water Res. 2013 Sep 15.
- Nanocolumnar Interfaces and Enhanced Magnetic Coercivity in Preferentially oriented Cobalt Ferrite Thin Films Grown Using Oblique-Angle Pulsed Laser Deposition. Mukherjee D, Hordagoda M, Hyde R, Bingham N, Srikanth H, Witanachchi S, Mukherjee P. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 Aug 14
- Novel magnetic SPE method based on carbon nanotubes filled with cobalt ferrite for the analysis of organochlorine pesticides in honey and tea. Du Z, Liu M, Li G. J Sep Sci. 2013 Aug 8.
- Efficient degradation of atrazine by magnetic porous copper ferrite catalyzed peroxymonosulfate oxidation via the formation of hydroxyl and sulfate radicals. Guan YH, Ma J, Ren YM, Liu YL, Xiao JY, Lin LQ, Zhang C. Water Res. 2013 Jun 20.
- Magnesium-zinc ferrite nanoparticles: effect of copper doping on the structural, electrical and magnetic properties. Zaki HM, Al-Heniti S, Umar A, Al-Marzouki F, Abdel-Daiem A, Elmosalami TA, Dawoud HA, Al-Hazmi FS, Ata-Allah SS. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jun
- Dye removal using modified copper ferrite nanoparticle and RSM analysis. Mahmoodi NM, Soltani-Gordefaramarzi S, Sadeghi-Kiakhani M. Environ Monit Assess. 2013 Jul 13.
- Correction to three-dimensional homogeneous ferrite-carbon aerogel: one-pot fabrication and enhanced electro-fenton reactivity. Wang Y, Zhao G, Chai S, Zhao H, Wang Y. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 Jul.
- Synthesis and characterization of nickel and zinc ferrite nanocatalysts for decomposition of CO2 greenhouse effect gas. Lin KS, Adhikari AK, Wang CY, Hsu PJ, Chan HY. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Apr
- Superparamagnetic magnesium ferrite nanoadsorbent for effective arsenic (III, V) removal and easy magnetic separation. Tang W, Su Y, Li Q, Gao S, Shang JK. Water Res. 2013 Jul 1;47(11):3624-34.
- The anti-hepatoma effect of nanosized Mn-Zn ferrite magnetic fluid hyperthermia associated with radiation in vitro and in vivo. Lin M, Zhang D, Huang J, Zhang J, Xiao W, Yu H, Zhang L, Ye J. Nanotechnology. 2013 Jun 28.
- Visible-Light Photochemical Activity of Heterostructured Core-Shell Materials Composed of Selected Ternary Titanates and Ferrites Coated by TiO2. Li L, Liu X, Zhang Y, Nuhfer NT, Barmak K, Salvador PA, Rohrer GS. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2013 May 16.
- Ultrasonic agitation-floating classification of nano-sized Ba-Mg ferrites particles formed by using self-propagating high temperature synthesis and fabrication of nickel-ferrites thin sheet by pulse-electroforming. Choi Y. J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2013 Jan.
- Preparation of magnesium ferrite nanoparticles by ultrasonic wave-assisted aqueous solution ball milling. Chen D, Li DY, Zhang YZ, Kang ZT. Ultrason Sonochem. 2013 Apr 10.