Hydrate: Mg2CrO4• 7H2O
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|CrMgO4||140.30||N/A||N/A||139.905212||139.905212||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Chromate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium Information Center.
Chromium (atomic symbol: Cr, atomic number: 24) is a Block D, Group 6, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 51.9961. The number of electrons in each of Chromium's shells is 2, 8, 13, 1 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d5 4s1. Chromium was first discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin in 1797. It was first isolated in 1798, also by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin. The chromium atom has a radius of 128 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 189 pm. In its elemental form, chromium has a lustrous steel-gray appearance. Chromium is the hardest metal element in the periodic table and the only element that exhibits antiferromagnetic ordering at room temperature, above which it tranforms into a paramagnetic solid. The most common source of chromium is chromite ore (FeCr2O4). Due to its various colorful compounds, Chromium was named after the Greek word 'chroma' meaning color. For more information on chromium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of chromium products, visit the Chromium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|MAGNESIUM CHROMATE SYNONYMS|
|Chromic acid, magnesium salt (1:1), magnesium dioxido(dioxo)chromium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- Synthesis, structural and luminescence studies of magnesium oxide nanopowder. Devaraja PB, Avadhani DN, Prashantha SC, Nagabhushana H, Sharma SC, Nagabhushana BM, Nagaswarupa HP. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- Optical and structural investigation of Dy(3+)-Nd(3+) co-doped in magnesium lead borosilicate glasses. Rao TG, Rupesh Kumar A, Neeraja K, Veeraiah N, Rami Reddy M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan
- Magnesium oxide grafted carbon nanotubes based impedimetric genosensor for biomedical application. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 create date:2013/07/31 | first author:Patel MK
- In vivo stimulation of bone formation by aluminum and oxygen plasma surface-modified magnesium implants. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Wong HM
- A new in vitro-in vivo correlation for bioabsorbable magnesium stents from mechanical behavior. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Bowen PK
- Effect of raw material ratios on the compressive strength of magnesium potassium phosphate chemically bonded ceramics. Wang AJ, Yuan ZL, Zhang J, Liu LT, Li JM, Liu Z. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Dec 1
- Differences in Serum Levels of Magnesium, Phosphate, and Albumin for HAART-Experienced and HAART-Naïve Female Patients Attending Parirenyatwa Opportunistic Infections Clinic in Harare, Zimbabwe. Mudzinge D, Nyazika TK, Chisango TJ, Zhou DT. ISRN AIDS. 2013 Sep 4
- The impact of dietary magnesium restriction on magnesiotropic and calciotropic genes. van Angelen AA, San-Cristobal P, Pulskens WP, Hoenderop JG, Bindels RJ. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2013 Oct 3.
- Magnesium Orotate in Treatment of Chronic Hypertension in Pregnant Women. Gaisin IR, Valeeva RM, Maksimov NI, Iskhakova AS, Khodyrev LA, Shilina LV. Kardiologiia. 2013 Sep
- Higher magnesium intake reduces risk of impaired glucose and insulin metabolism, and progression from prediabetes to diabetes in middle-aged Americans. Hruby A, Meigs JB, O'Donnell CJ, Jacques PF, McKeown NM. Diabetes Care. 2013 Oct 2.
- \Magnesium oxide grafted carbon nanotubes based impedimetric genosensor for biomedical application. Patel MK, Ali MA, Srivastava S, Agrawal VV, Ansari SG, Malhotra BD. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Dec 15.
- Oxidation desensitizes actomyosin to magnesium pyrophosphate-induced dissociation. Liu Z, Xiong YL. Food Chem. 2013 Nov 15.
- Preparation of magnesium ferrite nanoparticles by ultrasonic wave-assisted aqueous solution ball milling. Chen D, Li DY, Zhang YZ, Kang ZT. Ultrason Sonochem. 2013 Nov.
- A magnesium-based multifunctional metal-organic framework: synthesis, thermally induced structural variation, selective gas adsorption, photoluminescence and heterogeneous catalytic study. Saha D, Maity T, Das S, Koner S. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 14.
- Magnesium: are we better off without it? Pantano F, Vincenzi B, Santini D, Tonini G. Anticancer Drugs. 2013 Oct.
- Clinical relevance and utility of cetuximab-related changes in magnesium and calcium serum levels. Stintzing S, Fischhaber D, Mook C, Modest DP, Giessen C, Schulz C, Haas M, Boeck S, Michl M, Stemmler J, Laubender RP, Heinemann V. Anticancer Drugs. 2013 Oct
- Effects of intravenous magnesium infusion on in vivo release of acetylcholine and catecholamine in rat adrenal medulla. Komaki F, Akiyama T, Yamazaki T, Kitagawa H, Nosaka S, Shirai M. Auton Neurosci. 2013 Oct
- The 3mg trial: a randomised controlled trial of intravenous or nebulised magnesium sulphate versus placebo in adults with severe acute asthma. Gray A, Goodacre S, Cohen J, Braidburn M, Benger J, Coats T. Emerg Med J. 2013 Oct.
- Serum magnesium in the metabolically-obese normal-weight and healthy-obese subjects. Guerrero-Romero F, Rodriguez-Moran M. Eur J Intern Med. 2013 Oct.
- Response of MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts, L929 fibroblasts, and J774 macrophages to fluoride surface-modified AZ31 magnesium alloy. Lozano RM, Pérez-Maceda BT, Carboneras M, Onofre-Bustamante E, García-Alonso MC, Escudero ML. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013 Oct.
Recent Research & Development for Chromates
- Investigation on mechanism of Cr(VI) reduction and removal by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, a novel chromate tolerant bacterium isolated from chromite mine soil. Das S, Mishra J, Das SK, Pandey S, Rao DS, Chakraborty A, Sudarshan M, Das N, Thatoi H. Chemosphere. 2014 Feb.
- Optimization of cultural conditions of Arthrobacter sp. Sphe3 for growth-associated chromate(VI) reduction in free and immobilized cell systems. Ziagova MG, Koukkou AI, Liakopoulou-Kyriakides M. Chemosphere. 2013 Oct 30.
- Investigation on mechanism of Cr(VI) reduction and removal by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, a novel chromate tolerant bacterium isolated from chromite mine soil. Das S, Mishra J, Das SK, Pandey S, Rao DS, Chakraborty A, Sudarshan M, Das N, Thatoi H. Chemosphere. 2013 Sep 30.
- Alteration of Th1/Th2/Th17 cytokine profile and humoral immune responses associated with chromate exposure. Qian Q, Li P, Wang T, Zhang J, Yu S, Chen T, Yan L, Song Y, Liu X, Gu Y, Wang Y, Jia G. Occup Environ Med. 2013 Oct.
- Pyridinium trans-di-aqua-bis-[oxalato(2-)-?2 O 1,O 2]chromate(III) urea monosolvate. Bebga G, Signé M, Nenwa J, Mbarki M, Fokwa BP. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 Sep
- Effects of arsenate, chromate, and sulfate on arsenic and chromium uptake and translocation by arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. de Oliveira LM, Ma LQ, Santos JA, Guilherme LR, Lessl JT. Environ Pollut. 2013 Sep 18
- Comparative evaluations on bio-treatment of hexavalent chromate by resting cells of Pseudochrobactrum sp. and Proteus sp. in wastewater. Ge S, Dong X, Zhou J, Ge S. J Environ Manage. 2013 Sep 15
- An Lrp-type transcriptional regulator controls expression of the Bacillus subtilis chromate transporter. Aguilar-Barajas E, Jacobo-Arreola S, Verduzco-Rosas LA, Jiménez-Mejía R, Ramírez-Díaz MI, Julián-Sánchez A, Riveros-Rosas H, Cervantes C. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2013 Aug 29.
- Amino-functionalized MCM-41 and MCM-48 for the removal of chromate and arsenate. Benhamou A, Basly JP, Baudu M, Derriche Z, Hamacha R. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2013 Aug 15
- Chromate reduction is expedited by bacteria engineered to produce the compatible solute trehalose. Frederick TM, Taylor EA, Willis JL, Shultz MS, Woodruff PJ. Biotechnol Lett. 2013 Aug 3
- Cr(VI) sorption by free and immobilised chromate-reducing bacterial cells in PVA-alginate matrix: equilibrium isotherms and kinetic studies. Rawat M, Rawat AP, Giri K, Rai JP. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 Aug 20
- Tri-substituted hexahomotrioxacalixarene derivatives bearing imidazole units: synthesis and extraction properties for cations and chromate anions. Ni XL, Jin CC, Jiang XK, Takimoto M, Rahman S, Zeng X, Hughes DL, Redshaw C, Yamato T. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 Jul 31
- [Chromate reduction by pseudomionas sp. str. 10 in the presence of some heavy metals and alternative acceptors of electrons]. [No authors listed] Mikrobiol Z. 2013 Jul-Aug
- Microbial formation of palladium nanoparticles by Geobacter sulfurreducens for chromate reduction. Tuo Y, Liu G, Zhou J, Wang A, Wang J, Jin R, Lv H. Bioresour Technol. 2013 Apr 13
- In silico Protein Structure Modeling and Conservation Analysis of ChrR, a Class-I Chromate Reducing Flavoenzyme from Pseudomonas putida. Viradia SH, Vala AK. Protein Pept Lett. 2013 Jul 20
- Alteration of Th1/Th2/Th17 cytokine profile and humoral immune responses associated with chromate exposure. Qian Q, Li P, Wang T, Zhang J, Yu S, Chen T, Yan L, Song Y, Liu X, Gu Y, Wang Y, Jia G. Occup Environ Med. 2013 Jun 27.
- Spectroscopy and photochemistry of sodium chromate ester cluster ions. Kaufman SH, Weber JM. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Mar 14
- Chromate tolerance and accumulation in Chlorella vulgaris L.: role of antioxidant enzymes and biochemical changes in detoxification of metals. Rai UN, Singh NK, Upadhyay AK, Verma S. Bioresour Technol. 2013 May 13
- Cr(VI) trioxide as a starting material for the synthesis of novel zero-, one-, and two-dimensional uranyl dichromates and chromate-dichromates. Siidra OI, Nazarchuk EV, Suknotova AN, Kayukov RA, Krivovichev SV. Inorg Chem. 2013 Apr 15
- Chromate or titanium allergy -- the role of impurities? Bernard S, Baeck M, Tennstedt D, Haufroid V, Dekeuleneer V. Contact Dermatitis. 2013 Mar 6