Hydrate: Mg2CrO4• 7H2O
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|CrMgO4||140.30||N/A||N/A||139.905212||139.905212||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Chromate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium Information Center.
Chromium (atomic symbol: Cr, atomic number: 24) is a Block D, Group 6, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 51.9961. The number of electrons in each of Chromium's shells is 2, 8, 13, 1 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d5 4s1. Chromium was first discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin in 1797. It was first isolated in 1798, also by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin. The chromium atom has a radius of 128 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 189 pm. In its elemental form, chromium has a lustrous steel-gray appearance. Chromium is the hardest metal element in the periodic table and the only element that exhibits antiferromagnetic ordering at room temperature, above which it tranforms into a paramagnetic solid. The most common source of chromium is chromite ore (FeCr2O4). Due to its various colorful compounds, Chromium was named after the Greek word 'chroma' meaning color. For more information on chromium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of chromium products, visit the Chromium Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|MAGNESIUM CHROMATE SYNONYMS|
|Chromic acid, magnesium salt (1:1), magnesium dioxido(dioxo)chromium|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- Influence of GTP/GDP and magnesium ion on the solvated structure of the protein FtsZ: a molecular dynamics study. Jamous C, Basdevant N, Ha-Duong T. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2014
- Synthesis and spectroscopic characterization of magnesium oxalate nano-crystals. Lakshmi Reddy S, Ravindra Reddy T, Siva Reddy G, Endo T, Frost RL. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Electrogenerated chemiluminescence of magnesium chlorophyllin a aqueous solution and its sensitive response to the carcinogen aflatoxin B1. Li X, Yuan H, Li L, Xiao D. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014
- Struvite precipitation and phosphorus removal using magnesium sacrificial anode. Kruk DJ, Elektorowicz M, Oleszkiewicz JA. Chemosphere. 2014
- Effects of three kinds of organic acids on phosphorus recovery by magnesium ammonium phosphate (MAP) crystallization from synthetic swine wastewater. Song Y, Dai Y, Hu Q, Yu X, Qian F. Chemosphere. 2014
- Investigation into the hot workability of the as-extruded WE43 magnesium alloy using processing map. Wang L, Fang G, Leeflang S, Duszczyk J, Zhou J. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2014
- Magnesium deposition in brain of pregnant patients administered intramuscular magnesium sulphate. Pungavkar S. Magn Reson Imaging. 2014
- Controlling initial biodegradation of magnesium by a biocompatible strontium phosphate conversion coating. Chen XB, Nisbet DR, Li RW, Smith PN, Abbott TB, Easton MA, Zhang DH, Birbilis N. Acta Biomater. 2014 Mar.
- A novel fluorescent chemosensor allows the assessment of intracellular total magnesium in small samples. Sargenti A, Farruggia G, Malucelli E, Cappadone C, Merolle L, Marraccini C, Andreani G, Prodi L, Zaccheroni N, Sgarzi M, Trombini C, Lombardo M, Iotti S. Analyst. 2014 Mar.
- Magnesium in the murine artery: Probing the products of corrosion. Bowen PK, Drelich J, Goldman J. Acta Biomater. 2014 Mar.
- Evaluation of magnesium-yttrium alloy as an extraluminal tracheal stent. Luffy SA, Chou DT, Waterman J, Wearden PD, Kumta PN, Gilbert TW. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2014.
- Contemporary view of the clinical relevance of magnesium homeostasis. Ayuk J, Gittoes NJ. Ann Clin Biochem. 2014 Mar.
- Antidepressant-like activity of magnesium in the chronic mild stress model in rats: alterations in the NMDA receptor subunits. Pochwat B, Szewczyk B, Sowa-Kucma M, Siwek A, Doboszewska U, Piekoszewski W, Gruca P, Papp M, Nowak G. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2014
- Development of strontium and magnesium substituted porous hydroxyapatite/poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) coating on surgical grade stainless steel and its bioactivity on osteoblast cells. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2014 create date:2013/11/10 | first author:Gopi D
- Degradation and antibacterial properties of magnesium alloys in artificial urine for potential resorbable ureteral stent applications. Lock JY, Wyatt E, Upadhyayula S, Whall A, Nuñez V, Vullev VI, Liu H. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2014 Mar.
- Synthesis, structural and luminescence studies of magnesium oxide nanopowder. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/10/25 | first author:Devaraja PB
- A simultaneous process of 3D magnesium phosphate scaffold fabrication and bioactive substance loading for hard tissue regeneration. Lee J, Farag MM, Park EK, Lim J, Yun HS. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Mar.
- Preliminary research on a novel bioactive silicon doped calcium phosphate coating on AZ31 magnesium alloy via electrodeposition. Qiu X, Wan P, Tan L, Fan X, Yang K. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Mar.
- Biodegradation of metallic magnesium elicits an inflammatory response in primary nasal epithelial cells. Acta Biomater. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Schumacher S
- The use of intravenous magnesium sulphate for acute migraine: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Eur J Emerg Med. 2014 create date:2013/08/08 | first author:Choi H
Recent Research & Development for Chromates
- Phosphate relieves chromium toxicity in Arabidopsis thaliana plants by interfering with chromate uptake. López-Bucio J, Hernández-Madrigal F, Cervantes C, Ortiz-Castro R, Carreón-Abud Y, Martínez-Trujillo M. Biometals. 2014 Feb.
- Pretreatment of Cr(VI)-Amended Soil With Chromate-Reducing Rhizobacteria Decreases Plant Toxicity and Increases the Yield of Pisum sativum. Soni SK, Singh R, Singh M, Awasthi A, Wasnik K, Kalra A. Arch Environ Contam Toxicol. 2014 Feb.
- Implementation of fluidized granulated iron reactors in a chromate remediation process. Müller P, Lorber KE, Mischitz R, Weiß C. Sci Total Environ. 2014 Feb.
- The lipidome of the photosynthetic bacterium Rhodobacter sphaeroides R26 is affected by cobalt and chromate ions stress. Calvano CD, Italiano F, Catucci L, Agostiano A, Cataldi TR, Palmisano F, Trotta M. Biometals. 2014 Feb.
- Investigation on mechanism of Cr(VI) reduction and removal by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, a novel chromate tolerant bacterium isolated from chromite mine soil. Das S, Mishra J, Das SK, Pandey S, Rao DS, Chakraborty A, Sudarshan M, Das N, Thatoi H. Chemosphere. 2014 Feb.
- Effects of arsenate, chromate, and sulfate on arsenic and chromium uptake and translocation by arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. de Oliveira LM, Ma LQ, Santos JA, Guilherme LR, Lessl JT. Environ Pollut.
- Optimization of cultural conditions of Arthrobacter sp. Sphe3 for growth-associated chromate(VI) reduction in free and immobilized cell systems. Ziagova MG, Koukkou AI, Liakopoulou-Kyriakides M. Chemosphere. 2013 Oct.
- Investigation on mechanism of Cr(VI) reduction and removal by Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, a novel chromate tolerant bacterium isolated from chromite mine soil. Das S, Mishra J, Das SK, Pandey S, Rao DS, Chakraborty A, Sudarshan M, Das N, Thatoi H. Chemosphere. 2013 Sep.
- Amino-functionalized MCM-41 and MCM-48 for the removal of chromate and arsenate. Benhamou A, Basly JP, Baudu M, Derriche Z, Hamacha R. J Colloid Interface Sci.
- Alteration of Th1/Th2/Th17 cytokine profile and humoral immune responses associated with chromate exposure. Qian Q, Li P, Wang T, Zhang J, Yu S, Chen T, Yan L, Song Y, Liu X, Gu Y, Wang Y, Jia G. Occup Environ Med. 2013 Oct.
- Pyridinium trans-di-aqua-bis-[oxalato(2-)-?2 O 1,O 2]chromate(III) urea monosolvate. Bebga G, Signé M, Nenwa J, Mbarki M, Fokwa BP. Acta Crystallogr Sect E Struct Rep Online. 2013 Sep.
- Microbial formation of palladium nanoparticles by Geobacter sulfurreducens for chromate reduction. Tuo Y, Liu G, Zhou J, Wang A, Wang J, Jin R, Lv H. Bioresour Technol. 2013.
- Comparative evaluations on bio-treatment of hexavalent chromate by resting cells of Pseudochrobactrum sp. and Proteus sp. in wastewater. Ge S, Dong X, Zhou J, Ge S. J Environ Manage.
- An Lrp-type transcriptional regulator controls expression of the Bacillus subtilis chromate transporter. Aguilar-Barajas E, Jacobo-Arreola S, Verduzco-Rosas LA, Jiménez-Mejía R, Ramírez-Díaz MI, Julián-Sánchez A, Riveros-Rosas H, Cervantes C. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek.
- Spectroscopy and photochemistry of sodium chromate ester cluster ions. Kaufman SH, Weber JM. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Mar.
- Chromate reduction is expedited by bacteria engineered to produce the compatible solute trehalose. Frederick TM, Taylor EA, Willis JL, Shultz MS, Woodruff PJ. Biotechnol Lett. 2013 Aug 3
- Cr(VI) sorption by free and immobilised chromate-reducing bacterial cells in PVA-alginate matrix: equilibrium isotherms and kinetic studies. Rawat M, Rawat AP, Giri K, Rai JP. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2013 Aug 20
- Chromate or titanium allergy -- the role of impurities? Bernard S, Baeck M, Tennstedt D, Haufroid V, Dekeuleneer V. Contact Dermatitis. 2013 Mar.
- Tri-substituted hexahomotrioxacalixarene derivatives bearing imidazole units: synthesis and extraction properties for cations and chromate anions. Ni XL, Jin CC, Jiang XK, Takimoto M, Rahman S, Zeng X, Hughes DL, Redshaw C, Yamato T. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 Jul 31
- [Chromate reduction by pseudomionas sp. str. 10 in the presence of some heavy metals and alternative acceptors of electrons]. [No authors listed] Mikrobiol Z. 2013