Hydrate: Mg2CrO4• 7H2O
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Chromate||MG-CRAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|CrMgO4||140.30||N/A||N/A||139.905212||139.905212||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Chromate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium element page.
Chromium (atomic symbol: Cr, atomic number: 24) is a Block D, Group 6, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 51.9961. The number of electrons in each of Chromium's shells is 2, 8, 13, 1 and its electron configuration is [Ar] 3d5 4s1. Chromium was first discovered by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin in 1797. It was first isolated in 1798, also by Louis Nicolas Vauquelin. The chromium atom has a radius of 128 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 189 pm. In its elemental form, chromium has a lustrous steel-gray appearance. Chromium is the hardest metal element in the periodic table and the only element that exhibits antiferromagnetic ordering at room temperature, above which it tranforms into a paramagnetic solid. The most common source of chromium is chromite ore (FeCr2O4). Due to its various colorful compounds, Chromium was named after the Greek word 'chroma' meaning color. For more information on chromium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of chromium products, visit the Chromium element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|MAGNESIUM CHROMATE SYNONYMS|
|Chromic acid, magnesium salt (1:1), magnesium dioxido(dioxo)chromium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- [The influence of serum magnesium level on the prognosis of critically ill patients]. Chen M, Sun R, Hu B. Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2015 Mar
- Trends in the adsorption and reactivity of hydrogen on magnesium silicate nanoclusters. Oueslati I, Kerkeni B, Bromley ST. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 9.
- A Lewis acid-free and phenolate-based magnesium electrolyte for rechargeable magnesium batteries. Pan B, Zhang J, Huang J, Vaughey JT, Zhang L, Han SD, Burrell AK, Zhang Z, Liao C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 11.
- Role of Cu in Mo6S8 and Cu Mixture cathodes for Magnesium ion batteries. Choi SH, Kim JS, Woo SG, Cho W, Choi SY, Choi J, Lee KT, Park MS, Kim YJ. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 10.
- Root development under control of magnesium availability. Niu Y, Jin G, Zhang YS. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Reductions of Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, and Acetonitrile by the Magnesium(II)/Magnesium(I) Couple in Aqueous Media: Theoretical Insights from a Nano-Sized Water Droplet. Lam TW, Zhang H, Siu CK. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 12.
- Hydra viridissima (Green hydra) rapidly recover from multiple magnesium pulse exposures. Prouse AE, Hogan AC, Harford AJ, van Dam RA, Nugegoda D. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Magnesium uptake of Arabidopsis transporters, AtMRS2-10 and AtMRS2-11, expressed in Escherichia coli mutants: Complementation and growth inhibition by aluminum. Ishijima S, Uda M, Hirata T, Shibata M, Kitagawa N, Sagami I. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium with micro-arc oxidation coating and polymeric membrane: an in vitro study on microenvironment. Li H, Pan H, Ning C, Tan G, Liao J, Ni G. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Mar
- Comparison of Anesthetic Efficacy between Lidocaine with and without Magnesium Sulfate USP 50% for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Blocks in Patients with Symptomatic Irreversible Pulpitis. Shetty KP, Satish SV, Kilaru KR, Sardar P, Luke AM. J Endod. 2015 Mar 2.
- Prospects and challenges of iron pyroelectrolysis in magnesium aluminosilicate melts near minimum liquidus temperature. Ferreira NM, Kovalevsky AV, Mikhalev SM, Costa FM, Frade JR. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Energetics of Order-Disorder in Layered Magnesium Aluminum Double Hydroxides with Interlayer Carbonate. Shivaramaiah R, Navrotsky A. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Magnesium lithospermate B and rosmarinic acid, two compounds present in salvia miltiorrhiza, have potent antiviral activity against enterovirus 71 infections. Chung YC, Hsieh FC, Lin YJ, Wu TY, Lin CW, Lin CT, Tang NY, Jinn TR. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Syntheses and crystal structures of two magnesium-tetrazole compounds in salt and polymeric forms. Bensegueni MA, Cherouana A, Dahaoui S. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2015 Mar
- Association of magnesium in serum and urine with carotid intima-media thickness and serum lipids in middle-aged and elderly Chinese: a community-based cross-sectional study. Cao Y, Wang C, Guan K, Xu Y, Su YX, Chen YM. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar 7.
- Dietary magnesium deficiency affects gut microbiota and anxiety-like behaviour in C57BL/6N mice. Pyndt Jørgensen B, Winther G, Kihl P, Nielsen DS, Wegener G, Hansen AK, Sørensen DB. Acta Neuropsychiatr. 2015 Mar 16:1-5.
- Phosphorylation and Interaction with the 14-3-3 Protein of the Plasma Membrane H+-ATPase Are Involved in the Regulation of Magnesium-Mediated Increases in Aluminum-Induced Citrate Exudation in Broad Bean (Vicia faba. L). Chen Q, Kan Q, Wang P, Yu W, Yu Y, Zhao Y, Yu XY, Li ZK, Chen ML. Plant Cell Physiol. 2015 Mar 5.
- The association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 concentration and risk of disease death in men: modification by magnesium intake. Mursu J, Nurmi T, Voutilainen S, Tuomainen TP, Virtanen JK. Eur J Epidemiol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium Lowers the Incidence of Postoperative Junctional Ectopic Tachycardia in Congenital Heart Surgical Patients: Is There a Relationship to Surgical Procedure Complexity? He D, Sznycer-Taub N, Cheng Y, McCarter R, Jonas RA, Hanumanthaiah S, Moak JP. Pediatr Cardiol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium intake and depression in adults. Tarleton EK, Littenberg B. J Am Board Fam Med. 2015 Mar-Apr
Recent Research & Development for Chromates
- Partial Purification and Characterization of Chromate Reductase of a Novel Ochrobactrum sp. Strain Cr-B4. Hora A, Shetty VK. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2015 Nov 17
- Chromate and phosphate inhibited each other's uptake and translocation in arsenic hyperaccumulator Pteris vittata L. de Oliveira LM, Lessl JT, Gress J, Tisarum R, Guilherme LR, Ma LQ. Environ Pollut. 2015 Feb
- Inducible chromate reductase exhibiting extracellular activity in Bacillus methylotrophicus for chromium bioremediation. Sandana Mala JG, Sujatha D, Rose C. Microbiol Res. 2015 Jan
- Mechanisms of chromate adsorption on boehmite. Johnston CP, Chrysochoou M. J Hazard Mater. 2015 Jan 8
- Sodium chromate demonstrates some insulin-mimetic properties in the fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster. Perkhulyn NV, Rovenko BM, Zvarych TV, Lushchak OV, Storey JM, Storey KB, Lushchak VI. Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol. 2015 Jan
- Genome sequence of the chromate-resistant bacterium Leucobacter salsicius type strain M1-8(T.). Yun JH, Cho YJ, Chun J, Hyun DW, Bae JW. Stand Genomic Sci. 2013 Dec 31
- Polysulfide speciation and reactivity in chromate-contaminated soil. Chrysochoou M, Johnston CP. J Hazard Mater. 2015 Jan 8
- Degradation process of lead chromate in paintings by Vincent van Gogh studied by means of spectromicroscopic methods. Part 5. Effects of nonoriginal surface coatings into the nature and distribution of chromium and sulfur species in chrome yellow paints. Monico L, Janssens K, Vanmeert F, Cotte M, Brunetti BG, Van der Snickt G, Leeuwestein M, Salvant Plisson J, Menu M, Miliani C. Anal Chem. 2014 Nov 4
- Correction to using chromate to investigate the impact of natural organics on the surface reactivity of nanoparticulate magnetite. Swindle A, Cozzarelli I, Madden AE. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 3
- Using chromate to investigate the impact of natural organics on the surface reactivity of nanoparticulate magnetite. Swindle AL, Cozzarelli IM, Elwood Madden AS. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Feb 17
- Coupled redox transformation of chromate and arsenite on ferrihydrite. Cerkez EB, Bhandari N, Reeder RJ, Strongin DR. Environ Sci Technol. 2015 Mar 3
- Cr localization and speciation in roots of chromate fed Helianthus annuus L. seedlings using synchrotron techniques. de la Rosa G, Castillo-Michel H, Cruz-Jiménez G, Bernal-Alvarado J, Córdova-Fraga T, López-Moreno L, Cotte M. Int J Phytoremediation. 2014
- Chromate alters root system architecture and activates expression of genes involved in iron homeostasis and signaling in Arabidopsis thaliana. Martínez-Trujillo M, Méndez-Bravo A, Ortiz-Castro R, Hernández-Madrigal F, Ibarra-Laclette E, Ruiz-Herrera LF, Long TA, Cervantes C, Herrera-Estrella L, López-Bucio J. Plant Mol Biol. 2014 Sep
- Cloning and sequence analysis demonstrate the chromate reduction ability of a novel chromate reductase gene from Serratia sp. Deng P, Tan X, Wu Y, Bai Q, Jia Y, Xiao H. Exp Ther Med. 2015 Mar
- Adsorption of chromate and cupric ions onto chitosan-coated cotton gauze. Ferrero F, Tonetti C, Periolatto M. Carbohydr Polym. 2014 Sep 22
- Bacterial chromate reductase, a potential enzyme for bioremediation of hexavalent chromium: a review. Thatoi H, Das S, Mishra J, Rath BP, Das N. J Environ Manage. 2014 Dec 15
- Evaluation of bacterial biosensors to determine chromate bioavailability and to assess ecotoxicity of soils. Coelho C, Branco R, Natal-da-Luz T, Sousa JP, Morais PV. Chemosphere. 2015 Feb 2
- Nanoporous sorbent material as an oral phosphate binder and for aqueous phosphate, chromate, and arsenate removal. Sangvanich T, Ngamcherdtrakul W, Lee R, Morry J, Castro D, Fryxell GE, Yantasee W. J Nanomed Nanotechnol. 2014
- Chromate induces adventitious root formation via auxin signalling and SOLITARY-ROOT/IAA14 gene function in Arabidopsis thaliana. López-Bucio J, Ortiz-Castro R, Ruíz-Herrera LF, Juárez CV, Hernández-Madrigal F, Carreón-Abud Y, Martínez-Trujillo M. Biometals. 2015 Feb 22.
- Assessing the suitability of 8-OHdG and micronuclei as genotoxic biomarkers in chromate-exposed workers: a cross-sectional study. Li P, Gu Y, Yu S, Li Y, Yang J, Jia G. BMJ Open. 2014 Oct 9