|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|I2MgO6||374.11||White powder||N/A||373.763475||373.763475||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Iodate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium element page.
Iodine (atomic symbol: I, atomic number: 53) is a Block P, Group 17, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 126.90447. The number of electrons in each of Iodine's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 7 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5. The iodine atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 198 pm. In its elemental form, iodine has a lustrous metallic gray appearance as a solid and a violet appearance as a gas or liquid solution. Iodine forms compounds with many elements, but is less active than the other halogens. It dissolves readily in chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, or carbon disulfide. Iodine compounds are important in organic chemistry and very useful in the field of medicine. Iodine was discovered and first isolated by Bernard Courtois in 1811. The name Iodine is derived from the Greek word "iodes" meaning violet. For more information on iodine, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iodine products, visit the Iodine element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|MAGNESIUM IODATE SYNONYMS|
|Magnesium diiodate; Iodic acid (HIO3), magnesium salt|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- Changes in sodium, calcium and magnesium ion concentrations, that inhibit Geobacillus spp biofilms have no effect on biofilms of Anoxybacillus flavithermus.. Somerton B, Lindsay D, Palmer J, Brooks J, Flint S.. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015 May 22.
- The High Performance of Crystal Water Containing Manganese Birnessite Cathodes for Magnesium Batteries.. Nam KW, Kim S, Lee S, Salama M, Shterenberg I, Gofer Y, Kim JS, Yang E, Park CS, Kim JS, Lee SS, Chang WS, Doo SG, Jo YN, Jung Y, Aurbach D, Choi JW.. Nano Lett. 2015 May 22.
- Direct Pen Writing of High-Tc , Flexible Magnesium Diboride Superconducting Arrays.. Xue M, Chen D, Long Y, Wang P, Zhao L, Chen G.. Adv Mater. 2015 May 12.
- Bioeffects of micron-size magnesium particles on inflammatory cells and bone turnover in vivo and in vitro.. Guo C, Li J, She C, Shao X, Teng B, Feng J, Zhang JV, Ren PG.. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2015 May 13.
- Effects of antenatal magnesium sulphate treatment for neonatal neuro-protection on cerebral oxygen kinetics.. Stark MJ, Hodyl NA, Andersen CC.. Pediatr Res. 2015 May 18.
- Quaternary polymethacrylate-magnesium aluminum silicate films: Water uptake kinetics and film permeability.. Rongthong T, Sungthongjeen S, Siepmann F, Siepmann J, Pongjanyakul T.. Int J Pharm. 2015 May 21.
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase β, phosphoinositide 3-kinase δ, and phosphoinositide 3-kinase γ mediate the anti-inflammatory effects of magnesium sulfate.. Lee PY, Yang CH, Kao MC, Su NY, Tsai PS, Huang CJ.. J Surg Res. 2015 Apr 18.
- A randomized double-blind study to evaluate efficacy and safety of epidural magnesium sulfate and clonidine as adjuvants to bupivacaine for postthoracotomy pain relief. Mohammad W, Mir SA, Mohammad K, Sofi K. Anesth Essays Res. 2015 Jan-Apr: Anesth Essays Res
- Trends in the adsorption and reactivity of hydrogen on magnesium silicate nanoclusters. Oueslati I, Kerkeni B, Bromley ST. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 9.
- Comparison of Anesthetic Efficacy between Lidocaine with and without Magnesium Sulfate USP 50% for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Blocks in Patients with Symptomatic Irreversible Pulpitis. Shetty KP, Satish SV, Kilaru KR, Sardar P, Luke AM. J Endod. 2015 Mar 2.
Recent Research & Development for Iodates
- Protection of retina by αB crystallin in sodium iodate induced retinal degeneration.. Zhou P, Kannan R, Spee C, Sreekumar PG, Dou G, Hinton DR.. PLoS One. 2014 May 29
- A simple strategy for the immobilization of catalase on multi-walled carbon nanotube/poly (L-lysine) biocomposite for the detection of H2O2 and iodate.. Ezhil Vilian AT, Chen SM, Lou BS.. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Nov 15
- Dose-dependent retinal changes following sodium iodate administration: application of spectral-domain optical coherence tomography for monitoring of retinal injury and endogenous regeneration.. Machalińska A, Lejkowska R, Duchnik M, Kawa M, Rogińska D, Wiszniewska B, Machaliński B.. Curr Eye Res. 2014 Oct
- Direct effect of sodium iodate on neurosensory retina.. Wang J, Iacovelli J, Spencer C, Saint-Geniez M.. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 28
- Resveratrol protects RPE cells from sodium iodate by modulating PPARα and PPARδ.. Qin S, Lu Y, Rodrigues GA.. Exp Eye Res. 2014 Jan
- Structures, thermal behaviors, and luminescent properties of anhydrous lanthanum iodate polymorphs.. Taouti MB, Suffren Y, Leynaud O, Benbertal D, Brenier A, Gautier-Luneau I.. Inorg Chem. 2015 Apr 6
- Potassium iodate assisted synthesis of titanium dioxide nanoparticles with superior water-dispersibility.. Wang Y, Duo F, Peng S, Jia F, Fan C.. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Sep 15
- Assessing sodium iodate-induced outer retinal changes in rats using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy and optical coherence tomography.. Yang Y, Ng TK, Ye C, Yip YW, Law K, Chan SO, Pang CP.. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 20
- Direct effect of sodium iodate on neurosensory retina. Wang J, Iacovelli J, Spencer C, Saint-Geniez M. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 28: Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci
- Assessing sodium iodate-induced outer retinal changes in rats using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy and optical coherence tomography. Yang Y, Ng TK, Ye C, Yip YW, Law K, Chan SO, Pang CP. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 20: Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci