|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|I2MgO6||374.11||White powder||N/A||373.763475||373.763475||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Iodate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium Information Center.
Iodine (atomic symbol: I, atomic number: 53) is a Block P, Group 17, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 126.90447. The number of electrons in each of Iodine's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 7 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5. The iodine atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 198 pm. In its elemental form, iodine has a lustrous metallic gray appearance as a solid and a violet appearance as a gas or liquid solution. Iodine forms compounds with many elements, but is less active than the other halogens. It dissolves readily in chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, or carbon disulfide. Iodine compounds are important in organic chemistry and very useful in the field of medicine. Iodine was discovered and first isolated by Bernard Courtois in 1811. The name Iodine is derived from the Greek word "iodes" meaning violet. For more information on iodine, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iodine products, visit the Iodine Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|MAGNESIUM IODATE SYNONYMS|
|Magnesium diiodate; Iodic acid (HIO3), magnesium salt|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- Influence of GTP/GDP and magnesium ion on the solvated structure of the protein FtsZ: a molecular dynamics study. Jamous C, Basdevant N, Ha-Duong T. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2014
- Synthesis and spectroscopic characterization of magnesium oxalate nano-crystals. Lakshmi Reddy S, Ravindra Reddy T, Siva Reddy G, Endo T, Frost RL. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014
- Electrogenerated chemiluminescence of magnesium chlorophyllin a aqueous solution and its sensitive response to the carcinogen aflatoxin B1. Li X, Yuan H, Li L, Xiao D. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014
- Struvite precipitation and phosphorus removal using magnesium sacrificial anode. Kruk DJ, Elektorowicz M, Oleszkiewicz JA. Chemosphere. 2014
- Effects of three kinds of organic acids on phosphorus recovery by magnesium ammonium phosphate (MAP) crystallization from synthetic swine wastewater. Song Y, Dai Y, Hu Q, Yu X, Qian F. Chemosphere. 2014
- Investigation into the hot workability of the as-extruded WE43 magnesium alloy using processing map. Wang L, Fang G, Leeflang S, Duszczyk J, Zhou J. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2014
- Magnesium deposition in brain of pregnant patients administered intramuscular magnesium sulphate. Pungavkar S. Magn Reson Imaging. 2014
- Controlling initial biodegradation of magnesium by a biocompatible strontium phosphate conversion coating. Chen XB, Nisbet DR, Li RW, Smith PN, Abbott TB, Easton MA, Zhang DH, Birbilis N. Acta Biomater. 2014 Mar.
- A novel fluorescent chemosensor allows the assessment of intracellular total magnesium in small samples. Sargenti A, Farruggia G, Malucelli E, Cappadone C, Merolle L, Marraccini C, Andreani G, Prodi L, Zaccheroni N, Sgarzi M, Trombini C, Lombardo M, Iotti S. Analyst. 2014 Mar.
- Magnesium in the murine artery: Probing the products of corrosion. Bowen PK, Drelich J, Goldman J. Acta Biomater. 2014 Mar.
- Evaluation of magnesium-yttrium alloy as an extraluminal tracheal stent. Luffy SA, Chou DT, Waterman J, Wearden PD, Kumta PN, Gilbert TW. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2014.
- Contemporary view of the clinical relevance of magnesium homeostasis. Ayuk J, Gittoes NJ. Ann Clin Biochem. 2014 Mar.
- Antidepressant-like activity of magnesium in the chronic mild stress model in rats: alterations in the NMDA receptor subunits. Pochwat B, Szewczyk B, Sowa-Kucma M, Siwek A, Doboszewska U, Piekoszewski W, Gruca P, Papp M, Nowak G. Int J Neuropsychopharmacol. 2014
- Development of strontium and magnesium substituted porous hydroxyapatite/poly(3,4-ethylenedioxythiophene) coating on surgical grade stainless steel and its bioactivity on osteoblast cells. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2014 create date:2013/11/10 | first author:Gopi D
- Degradation and antibacterial properties of magnesium alloys in artificial urine for potential resorbable ureteral stent applications. Lock JY, Wyatt E, Upadhyayula S, Whall A, Nuñez V, Vullev VI, Liu H. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2014 Mar.
- Synthesis, structural and luminescence studies of magnesium oxide nanopowder. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 create date:2013/10/25 | first author:Devaraja PB
- A simultaneous process of 3D magnesium phosphate scaffold fabrication and bioactive substance loading for hard tissue regeneration. Lee J, Farag MM, Park EK, Lim J, Yun HS. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Mar.
- Preliminary research on a novel bioactive silicon doped calcium phosphate coating on AZ31 magnesium alloy via electrodeposition. Qiu X, Wan P, Tan L, Fan X, Yang K. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2014 Mar.
- Biodegradation of metallic magnesium elicits an inflammatory response in primary nasal epithelial cells. Acta Biomater. 2014 create date:2013/11/12 | first author:Schumacher S
- The use of intravenous magnesium sulphate for acute migraine: meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Eur J Emerg Med. 2014 create date:2013/08/08 | first author:Choi H
Recent Research & Development for Iodates
- Assessing sodium iodate induced outer retinal changes in rats using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy and optical coherence tomography. Yang Y, Ng TK, Ye C, Yip YW, Law KS, Chan SO, Pang CP. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014.
- Explorations of New Second-Order Nonlinear Optical Materials in the Ternary Rubidium Iodate System: Noncentrosymmetric ß-RbIO3(HIO3)2 and Centrosymmetric Rb3(IO3)3(I2O5)(HIO3)4(H2O). Xu X, Yang BP, Huang C, Mao JG. Inorg Chem. 2014 Jan.
- Resveratrol protects RPE cells from sodium iodate by modulating PPARa and PPARd. Qin S, Lu Y, Rodrigues GA. Exp Eye Res. 2014 Jan.
- Kinetics and mechanism of the oxidation of N-acetyl homocysteine thiolactone with aqueous iodine and iodate. Sexton A, Mbiya W, Morakinyo MK, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Dec 5.
- Resveratrol protects RPE cells from sodium iodate by modulating PPARa and PPARd. Qin S, Lu Y, Rodrigues GA. Exp Eye Res. 2013 Dec.
- Response to comment on "iodine-129 and iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at hanford site, u.s.: iodate incorporation into calcite". - Zhang S, Xu C, Creeley D, Ho YF, Li HP, Grandbois R, Schwehr KA, Kaplan DI, Yeager CM, Wellman D, Santschi PH. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Nov.
- Comment on "iodine-129 and iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at the hanford site, u.s.: iodate incorporation into calcite". Lu Z. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Nov.
- Zn2 (VO4)(IO3): A Novel Polar Zinc (II) Vanadium (V) Iodate with a Large SHG Response BP Yang, CL Hu, X Xu, C Huang, JG Mao - Inorganic chemistry, 2013 - ACS Publications
- Kinetics and Mechanism of the Oxidation of N-Acetyl Homocysteine Thiolactone with Aqueous Iodine and Iodate. Sexton A, Mbiya W, Morakinyo MK, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Nov.
- Determination of iodide, iodate and organo-iodine in waters with a new total organic iodine measurement approach. Gong T, Zhang X. Water Res. 2013 Nov.
- Hydrodynamic instability in the open system of the iodate-arsenous acid reaction. Po´pity-To´th E, Pimienta V, Horva´th D, To´th A. J Chem Phys. 2013 Oct.
- Kinetics and Mechanism of the Oxidation of N-acetyl Homocysteine Thiolactone with Aqueous Iodine and Iodate. Sexton A, Mbiya W, Morakinyo MK, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Oct 28.
- Iodine-129 and Iodine-127 Speciation in Groundwater at the Hanford Site, US: Iodate Incorporation into Calcite Zhang, C Xu, D Creeley, YF Ho, HP Li… - … science & technology, 2013 - ACS Publications The geochemical transport and fate of radioiodine depends largely on its chemical...
- A single pump cycling-column-switching technique coupled with homemade high exchange capacity columns for the determination of iodate in iodized edible salt by … Z Huang, Q Subhani, Z Zhu, W Guo, Y Zhu - Food chemistry, 2013 - Elsevier.
- Potassium iodide, but not potassium iodate, as a potential protective agent against oxidative damage to membrane lipids in porcine thyroid. Milczarek M, Stepniak J, Lewinski A, Karbownik-Lewinska M. Thyroid Res. 2013 Aug.
- Fluence Measurements Employing Iodide/Iodate Chemical Actinometry as Applied to Upper Room Germicidal Radiation RO Rahn - Photochemistry and photobiology, 2013 - Wiley Online Library
- A redox-triggered structural rearrangement in an iodate-templated polyoxotungstate cluster cage. Long DL, Yan J, Ruiz de la Oliva A, Busche C, Miras HN, Errington RJ, Cronin L. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Sep 26.
- Endogenous regeneration of damaged retinal pigment epithelium following low dose sodium iodate administration: An insight into the role of glial cells in retinal repair. Machalinska A, Kawa MP, Pius-Sadowska E, Roginska D, Klos P, Baumert B, Wiszniewska B, Machalinski B. Exp Eye Res. 2013 Apr 25.
- Iodine-129 and Iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at the Hanford Site, USA: Iodate incorporation into calcite. Zhang S, Xu C, Creeley D, Ho YF, Li HP, Grandbois R, Schwehr K, Kaplan DI, Yeager C, Wellman D, Santschi PH. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Jul.
- Noninvasive imaging of the early effect of sodium iodate toxicity in a rat model of outer retina degeneration with spectral domain optical coherence tomography. Hariri S, Tam MC, Lee D, Hileeto D, Moayed AA, Bizheva K. J Biomed Opt. 2013.