|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-02|
|(3N) 99.9% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-03|
|(4N) 99.99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-04|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-05|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|I2MgO6||374.11||White powder||N/A||373.763475||373.763475||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Iodate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium Information Center.
Iodine (atomic symbol: I, atomic number: 53) is a Block P, Group 17, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 126.90447. The number of electrons in each of Iodine's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 7 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5. The iodine atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 198 pm. In its elemental form, iodine has a lustrous metallic gray appearance as a solid and a violet appearance as a gas or liquid solution. Iodine forms compounds with many elements, but is less active than the other halogens. It dissolves readily in chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, or carbon disulfide. Iodine compounds are important in organic chemistry and very useful in the field of medicine. Iodine was discovered and first isolated by Bernard Courtois in 1811. The name Iodine is derived from the Greek word "iodes" meaning violet. For more information on iodine, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iodine products, visit the Iodine Information Center.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|MAGNESIUM IODATE SYNONYMS|
|Magnesium diiodate; Iodic acid (HIO3), magnesium salt|
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- Synthesis, structural and luminescence studies of magnesium oxide nanopowder. Devaraja PB, Avadhani DN, Prashantha SC, Nagabhushana H, Sharma SC, Nagabhushana BM, Nagaswarupa HP. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan.
- Optical and structural investigation of Dy(3+)-Nd(3+) co-doped in magnesium lead borosilicate glasses. Rao TG, Rupesh Kumar A, Neeraja K, Veeraiah N, Rami Reddy M. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2014 Jan
- Magnesium oxide grafted carbon nanotubes based impedimetric genosensor for biomedical application. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 create date:2013/07/31 | first author:Patel MK
- In vivo stimulation of bone formation by aluminum and oxygen plasma surface-modified magnesium implants. Biomaterials. 2013 create date:2013/09/26 | first author:Wong HM
- A new in vitro-in vivo correlation for bioabsorbable magnesium stents from mechanical behavior. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 create date:2013/10/08 | first author:Bowen PK
- Effect of raw material ratios on the compressive strength of magnesium potassium phosphate chemically bonded ceramics. Wang AJ, Yuan ZL, Zhang J, Liu LT, Li JM, Liu Z. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2013 Dec 1
- Differences in Serum Levels of Magnesium, Phosphate, and Albumin for HAART-Experienced and HAART-Naïve Female Patients Attending Parirenyatwa Opportunistic Infections Clinic in Harare, Zimbabwe. Mudzinge D, Nyazika TK, Chisango TJ, Zhou DT. ISRN AIDS. 2013 Sep 4
- The impact of dietary magnesium restriction on magnesiotropic and calciotropic genes. van Angelen AA, San-Cristobal P, Pulskens WP, Hoenderop JG, Bindels RJ. Nephrol Dial Transplant. 2013 Oct 3.
- Magnesium Orotate in Treatment of Chronic Hypertension in Pregnant Women. Gaisin IR, Valeeva RM, Maksimov NI, Iskhakova AS, Khodyrev LA, Shilina LV. Kardiologiia. 2013 Sep
- Higher magnesium intake reduces risk of impaired glucose and insulin metabolism, and progression from prediabetes to diabetes in middle-aged Americans. Hruby A, Meigs JB, O'Donnell CJ, Jacques PF, McKeown NM. Diabetes Care. 2013 Oct 2.
- \Magnesium oxide grafted carbon nanotubes based impedimetric genosensor for biomedical application. Patel MK, Ali MA, Srivastava S, Agrawal VV, Ansari SG, Malhotra BD. Biosens Bioelectron. 2013 Dec 15.
- Oxidation desensitizes actomyosin to magnesium pyrophosphate-induced dissociation. Liu Z, Xiong YL. Food Chem. 2013 Nov 15.
- Preparation of magnesium ferrite nanoparticles by ultrasonic wave-assisted aqueous solution ball milling. Chen D, Li DY, Zhang YZ, Kang ZT. Ultrason Sonochem. 2013 Nov.
- A magnesium-based multifunctional metal-organic framework: synthesis, thermally induced structural variation, selective gas adsorption, photoluminescence and heterogeneous catalytic study. Saha D, Maity T, Das S, Koner S. Dalton Trans. 2013 Oct 14.
- Magnesium: are we better off without it? Pantano F, Vincenzi B, Santini D, Tonini G. Anticancer Drugs. 2013 Oct.
- Clinical relevance and utility of cetuximab-related changes in magnesium and calcium serum levels. Stintzing S, Fischhaber D, Mook C, Modest DP, Giessen C, Schulz C, Haas M, Boeck S, Michl M, Stemmler J, Laubender RP, Heinemann V. Anticancer Drugs. 2013 Oct
- Effects of intravenous magnesium infusion on in vivo release of acetylcholine and catecholamine in rat adrenal medulla. Komaki F, Akiyama T, Yamazaki T, Kitagawa H, Nosaka S, Shirai M. Auton Neurosci. 2013 Oct
- The 3mg trial: a randomised controlled trial of intravenous or nebulised magnesium sulphate versus placebo in adults with severe acute asthma. Gray A, Goodacre S, Cohen J, Braidburn M, Benger J, Coats T. Emerg Med J. 2013 Oct.
- Serum magnesium in the metabolically-obese normal-weight and healthy-obese subjects. Guerrero-Romero F, Rodriguez-Moran M. Eur J Intern Med. 2013 Oct.
- Response of MC3T3-E1 osteoblasts, L929 fibroblasts, and J774 macrophages to fluoride surface-modified AZ31 magnesium alloy. Lozano RM, Pérez-Maceda BT, Carboneras M, Onofre-Bustamante E, García-Alonso MC, Escudero ML. J Biomed Mater Res A. 2013 Oct.
Recent Research & Development for Iodates
- Response to comment on "iodine-129 and iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at hanford site, u.s.: iodate incorporation into calcite". - Zhang S, Xu C, Creeley D, Ho YF, Li HP, Grandbois R, Schwehr KA, Kaplan DI, Yeager CM, Wellman D, Santschi PH. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Nov 19.
- Comment on "iodine-129 and iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at the hanford site, u.s.: iodate incorporation into calcite". Lu Z. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Nov 19.
- Kinetics and Mechanism of the Oxidation of N-Acetyl Homocysteine Thiolactone with Aqueous Iodine and Iodate. Sexton A, Mbiya W, Morakinyo MK, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Nov 19.
- Determination of iodide, iodate and organo-iodine in waters with a new total organic iodine measurement approach. Gong T, Zhang X. Water Res. 2013 Nov 1.
- Hydrodynamic instability in the open system of the iodate-arsenous acid reaction. Po´pity-To´th E, Pimienta V, Horva´th D, To´th A. J Chem Phys. 2013 Oct 28.
- Kinetics and Mechanism of the Oxidation of N-acetyl Homocysteine Thiolactone with Aqueous Iodine and Iodate. Sexton A, Mbiya W, Morakinyo MK, Simoyi RH. J Phys Chem A. 2013 Oct 28.
- Zn2 (VO4)(IO3): A Novel Polar Zinc (II) Vanadium (V) Iodate with a Large SHG Response BP Yang, CL Hu, X Xu, C Huang, JG Mao - Inorganic chemistry, 2013 - ACS Publications
- Iodine-129 and Iodine-127 Speciation in Groundwater at the Hanford Site, US: Iodate Incorporation into Calcite Zhang, C Xu, D Creeley, YF Ho, HP Li… - … science & technology, 2013 - ACS Publications The geochemical transport and fate of radioiodine depends largely on its chemical...
- A single pump cycling-column-switching technique coupled with homemade high exchange capacity columns for the determination of iodate in iodized edible salt by … Z Huang, Q Subhani, Z Zhu, W Guo, Y Zhu - Food chemistry, 2013 - Elsevier
- Potassium iodide, but not potassium iodate, as a potential protective agent against oxidative damage to membrane lipids in porcine thyroid. Milczarek M, Stepniak J, Lewinski A, Karbownik-Lewinska M. Thyroid Res. 2013 Aug 30
- Fluence Measurements Employing Iodide/Iodate Chemical Actinometry as Applied to Upper Room Germicidal Radiation RO Rahn - Photochemistry and photobiology, 2013 - Wiley Online Library
- A redox-triggered structural rearrangement in an iodate-templated polyoxotungstate cluster cage. Long DL, Yan J, Ruiz de la Oliva A, Busche C, Miras HN, Errington RJ, Cronin L. Chem Commun (Camb). 2013 Sep 26.
- Iodine-129 and Iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at the Hanford Site, USA: Iodate incorporation into calcite. Zhang S, Xu C, Creeley D, Ho YF, Li HP, Grandbois R, Schwehr K, Kaplan DI, Yeager C, Wellman D, Santschi PH. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Jul 25.
- Endogenous regeneration of damaged retinal pigment epithelium following low dose sodium iodate administration: An insight into the role of glial cells in retinal repair. Machalinska A, Kawa MP, Pius-Sadowska E, Roginska D, Klos P, Baumert B, Wiszniewska B, Machalinski B. Exp Eye Res. 2013 Apr 25.
- Noninvasive imaging of the early effect of sodium iodate toxicity in a rat model of outer retina degeneration with spectral domain optical coherence tomography. Hariri S, Tam MC, Lee D, Hileeto D, Moayed AA, Bizheva K. J Biomed Opt. 2013 Feb;18.
- Ozonation of iodide-containing waters: selective oxidation of iodide to iodate with simultaneous minimization of bromate and I-THMs. Allard S, Nottle CE, Chan A, Joll C, von Gunten U. Water Res. 2013 Apr 15.
- A micro-flow-batch analyzer with solenoid micro-pumps for the photometric determination of iodate in table salt. Lima MB, Barreto IS, Andrade SI, Almeida LF, Araújo MC. Talanta. 2012 Oct 15.
- Formation of haloacetic acids, halonitromethanes, bromate and iodate during chlorination and ozonation of seawater and saltwater of marine aquaria systems. Shi H, Qiang Z, Adams C. Chemosphere. 2012 Nov 22.
- Simultaneous determination of iodide and iodate in povidone iodine solution by ion chromatography with homemade and exchange capacity controllable columns and column-switching technique. Huang Z, Zhu Z, Subhani Q, Yan W, Guo W, Zhu Y. J Chromatogr A. 2012 Aug 17.
- Determination of iodate in food, environmental, and biological samples after solid-phase extraction with Ni-Al-Zr ternary layered double hydroxide as a nanosorbent. Abdolmohammad-Zadeh H, Tavarid K, Talleb Z. ScientificWorldJournal. 2012.