|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|I2MgO6||374.11||White powder||N/A||373.763475||373.763475||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Iodate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium element page.
Iodine (atomic symbol: I, atomic number: 53) is a Block P, Group 17, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 126.90447. The number of electrons in each of Iodine's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 7 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5. The iodine atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 198 pm. In its elemental form, iodine has a lustrous metallic gray appearance as a solid and a violet appearance as a gas or liquid solution. Iodine forms compounds with many elements, but is less active than the other halogens. It dissolves readily in chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, or carbon disulfide. Iodine compounds are important in organic chemistry and very useful in the field of medicine. Iodine was discovered and first isolated by Bernard Courtois in 1811. The name Iodine is derived from the Greek word "iodes" meaning violet. For more information on iodine, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iodine products, visit the Iodine element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|MAGNESIUM IODATE SYNONYMS|
|Magnesium diiodate; Iodic acid (HIO3), magnesium salt|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- Novel tricalcium silicate/magnesium phosphate composite bone cement having high compressive strength, in vitro bioactibity and cytocompatibility. Liu W, Zhai D, Huan Z, Wu C, Chang J. Acta Biomater. 2015 Apr 15.: Acta Biomater
- Effect of wound infiltration with bupivacaine or lower dose bupivacaine/magnesium versus placebo for postoperative analgesia after cesarean section. Eldaba AA, Amr YM, Sobhy RA. Anesth Essays Res. 2013 Sep-Dec: Anesth Essays Res
- Hygroscopicity of Mixed Glycerol/Mg(NO3)2/Water Droplets Affected by the Interaction between Magnesium Ions and Glycerol Molecules. Wang Y, Ma JB, Zhou Q, Pang SF, Zhang YH. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Apr 17. : J Phys Chem B
- Generation of cycloheptynes and cyclooctynes via a sulfoxide-magnesium exchange reaction of readily synthesized 2-sulfinylcycloalkenyl triflates. Yoshida S, Karaki F, Uchida K, Hosoya T. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Apr 17. : Chem Commun (Camb)
- Enhancement of ropivacaine caudal analgesia using dexamethasone or magnesium in children undergoing inguinal hernia repair. Yousef GT, Ibrahim TH, Khder A, Ibrahim M. Anesth Essays Res. 2014 Jan-Apr: Anesth Essays Res
- Direct Observation of Reversible Magnesium Ion Intercalation into a Spinel Oxide Host. Kim C, Phillips PJ, Key B, Yi T, Nordlund D, Yu YS, Bayliss RD, Han SD, He M, Zhang Z, Burrell AK, Klie RF, Cabana J. Adv Mater. 2015 Apr 17.: Adv Mater
- A randomized double-blind study to evaluate efficacy and safety of epidural magnesium sulfate and clonidine as adjuvants to bupivacaine for postthoracotomy pain relief. Mohammad W, Mir SA, Mohammad K, Sofi K. Anesth Essays Res. 2015 Jan-Apr: Anesth Essays Res
- Mechanism of Oxidation of Ethane to Ethanol at Iron(IV)-Oxo Sites in Magnesium-Diluted Fe2(dobdc). Verma P, Vogiatzis KD, Planas N, Borycz J, Xiao DJ, Long JR, Gagliardi L, Truhlar DG. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Apr 17. : J Am Chem Soc
- Trends in the adsorption and reactivity of hydrogen on magnesium silicate nanoclusters. Oueslati I, Kerkeni B, Bromley ST. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 9.
- Comparison of Anesthetic Efficacy between Lidocaine with and without Magnesium Sulfate USP 50% for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Blocks in Patients with Symptomatic Irreversible Pulpitis. Shetty KP, Satish SV, Kilaru KR, Sardar P, Luke AM. J Endod. 2015 Mar 2.
Recent Research & Development for Iodates
- Direct effect of sodium iodate on neurosensory retina. Wang J, Iacovelli J, Spencer C, Saint-Geniez M. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 28: Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci
- Assessing sodium iodate-induced outer retinal changes in rats using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy and optical coherence tomography. Yang Y, Ng TK, Ye C, Yip YW, Law K, Chan SO, Pang CP. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 20: Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci
- A simple strategy for the immobilization of catalase on multi-walled carbon nanotube/poly (L-lysine) biocomposite for the detection of H2O2 and iodate. Ezhil Vilian AT, Chen SM, Lou BS. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Nov 15: Biosens Bioelectron
- Protection of retina by αB crystallin in sodium iodate induced retinal degeneration. Zhou P, Kannan R, Spee C, Sreekumar PG, Dou G, Hinton DR. PLoS One. 2014 May 29: PLoS One
- Dose-dependent retinal changes following sodium iodate administration: application of spectral-domain optical coherence tomography for monitoring of retinal injury and endogenous regeneration. Machalińska A, Lejkowska R, Duchnik M, Kawa M, Rogińska D, Wiszniewska B, Machaliński B. Curr Eye Res. 2014 Oct: Curr Eye Res
- Resveratrol protects RPE cells from sodium iodate by modulating PPARα and PPARδ. Qin S, Lu Y, Rodrigues GA. Exp Eye Res. 2014 Jan: Exp Eye Res
- Sensitive iodate sensor based on fluorescence quenching of gold nanocluster. Li R, Xu P, Fan J, Di J, Tu Y, Yan J. Anal Chim Acta. 2014 May 27: Anal Chim Acta
- Potassium iodate assisted synthesis of titanium dioxide nanoparticles with superior water-dispersibility. Wang Y, Duo F, Peng S, Jia F, Fan C. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Sep 15: J Colloid Interface Sci
- Protection of retina by αB crystallin in sodium iodate induced retinal degeneration. Zhou P, Kannan R, Spee C, Sreekumar PG, Dou G, Hinton DR. PLoS One. 2014 May 29
- Potassium iodate assisted synthesis of titanium dioxide nanoparticles with superior water-dispersibility. Wang Y, Duo F, Peng S, Jia F, Fan C. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Sep 15