|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-02||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-03||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-04||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Iodate||MG-IAT-05||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|I2MgO6||374.11||White powder||N/A||373.763475||373.763475||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Iodate is generally immediately available in most volumes. Hydrate or anhydrous forms may be purchased. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium element page.
Iodine (atomic symbol: I, atomic number: 53) is a Block P, Group 17, Period 5 element with an atomic radius of 126.90447. The number of electrons in each of Iodine's shells is 2, 8, 18, 18, 7 and its electron configuration is [Kr] 4d10 5s2 5p5. The iodine atom has a radius of 140 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 198 pm. In its elemental form, iodine has a lustrous metallic gray appearance as a solid and a violet appearance as a gas or liquid solution. Iodine forms compounds with many elements, but is less active than the other halogens. It dissolves readily in chloroform, carbon tetrachloride, or carbon disulfide. Iodine compounds are important in organic chemistry and very useful in the field of medicine. Iodine was discovered and first isolated by Bernard Courtois in 1811. The name Iodine is derived from the Greek word "iodes" meaning violet. For more information on iodine, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of iodine products, visit the Iodine element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|MAGNESIUM IODATE SYNONYMS|
|Magnesium diiodate; Iodic acid (HIO3), magnesium salt|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- [The influence of serum magnesium level on the prognosis of critically ill patients]. Chen M, Sun R, Hu B. Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2015 Mar
- Trends in the adsorption and reactivity of hydrogen on magnesium silicate nanoclusters. Oueslati I, Kerkeni B, Bromley ST. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 9.
- A Lewis acid-free and phenolate-based magnesium electrolyte for rechargeable magnesium batteries. Pan B, Zhang J, Huang J, Vaughey JT, Zhang L, Han SD, Burrell AK, Zhang Z, Liao C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 11.
- Role of Cu in Mo6S8 and Cu Mixture cathodes for Magnesium ion batteries. Choi SH, Kim JS, Woo SG, Cho W, Choi SY, Choi J, Lee KT, Park MS, Kim YJ. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 10.
- Root development under control of magnesium availability. Niu Y, Jin G, Zhang YS. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Reductions of Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, and Acetonitrile by the Magnesium(II)/Magnesium(I) Couple in Aqueous Media: Theoretical Insights from a Nano-Sized Water Droplet. Lam TW, Zhang H, Siu CK. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 12.
- Hydra viridissima (Green hydra) rapidly recover from multiple magnesium pulse exposures. Prouse AE, Hogan AC, Harford AJ, van Dam RA, Nugegoda D. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Magnesium uptake of Arabidopsis transporters, AtMRS2-10 and AtMRS2-11, expressed in Escherichia coli mutants: Complementation and growth inhibition by aluminum. Ishijima S, Uda M, Hirata T, Shibata M, Kitagawa N, Sagami I. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium with micro-arc oxidation coating and polymeric membrane: an in vitro study on microenvironment. Li H, Pan H, Ning C, Tan G, Liao J, Ni G. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Mar
- Comparison of Anesthetic Efficacy between Lidocaine with and without Magnesium Sulfate USP 50% for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Blocks in Patients with Symptomatic Irreversible Pulpitis. Shetty KP, Satish SV, Kilaru KR, Sardar P, Luke AM. J Endod. 2015 Mar 2.
- Prospects and challenges of iron pyroelectrolysis in magnesium aluminosilicate melts near minimum liquidus temperature. Ferreira NM, Kovalevsky AV, Mikhalev SM, Costa FM, Frade JR. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Energetics of Order-Disorder in Layered Magnesium Aluminum Double Hydroxides with Interlayer Carbonate. Shivaramaiah R, Navrotsky A. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Magnesium lithospermate B and rosmarinic acid, two compounds present in salvia miltiorrhiza, have potent antiviral activity against enterovirus 71 infections. Chung YC, Hsieh FC, Lin YJ, Wu TY, Lin CW, Lin CT, Tang NY, Jinn TR. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Syntheses and crystal structures of two magnesium-tetrazole compounds in salt and polymeric forms. Bensegueni MA, Cherouana A, Dahaoui S. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2015 Mar
- Association of magnesium in serum and urine with carotid intima-media thickness and serum lipids in middle-aged and elderly Chinese: a community-based cross-sectional study. Cao Y, Wang C, Guan K, Xu Y, Su YX, Chen YM. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar 7.
- Dietary magnesium deficiency affects gut microbiota and anxiety-like behaviour in C57BL/6N mice. Pyndt Jørgensen B, Winther G, Kihl P, Nielsen DS, Wegener G, Hansen AK, Sørensen DB. Acta Neuropsychiatr. 2015 Mar 16:1-5.
- Phosphorylation and Interaction with the 14-3-3 Protein of the Plasma Membrane H+-ATPase Are Involved in the Regulation of Magnesium-Mediated Increases in Aluminum-Induced Citrate Exudation in Broad Bean (Vicia faba. L). Chen Q, Kan Q, Wang P, Yu W, Yu Y, Zhao Y, Yu XY, Li ZK, Chen ML. Plant Cell Physiol. 2015 Mar 5.
- The association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 concentration and risk of disease death in men: modification by magnesium intake. Mursu J, Nurmi T, Voutilainen S, Tuomainen TP, Virtanen JK. Eur J Epidemiol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium Lowers the Incidence of Postoperative Junctional Ectopic Tachycardia in Congenital Heart Surgical Patients: Is There a Relationship to Surgical Procedure Complexity? He D, Sznycer-Taub N, Cheng Y, McCarter R, Jonas RA, Hanumanthaiah S, Moak JP. Pediatr Cardiol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium intake and depression in adults. Tarleton EK, Littenberg B. J Am Board Fam Med. 2015 Mar-Apr
Recent Research & Development for Iodates
- Protection of retina by αB crystallin in sodium iodate induced retinal degeneration. Zhou P, Kannan R, Spee C, Sreekumar PG, Dou G, Hinton DR. PLoS One. 2014 May 29
- A possible candidate to be classified as an autocatalysis-driven clock reaction: kinetics of the pentathionate-iodate reaction. Xu L, Horváth AK. J Phys Chem A. 2014 Aug 14
- Resveratrol protects RPE cells from sodium iodate by modulating PPARα and PPARσ. Qin S, Lu Y, Rodrigues GA. Exp Eye Res. 2014 Jan
- Bi2Te(IO3)O5Cl: a novel polar iodate oxychloride exhibiting a second-order nonlinear optical response. Geng L, Meng C, Lu H, Luo Z, Lin C, Cheng W. Dalton Trans. 2015 Feb 7
- Sodium iodate induced retinal degeneration: new insights from an old model. Kannan R, Hinton DR. Neural Regen Res. 2014 Dec 1
- Comment on "Iodine-129 and iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at the Hanford Site, U.S.: iodate incorporation into calcite". Lu Z. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Nov 19
- Response to comment on "Iodine-129 and iodine-127 speciation in groundwater at Hanford Site, U.S.: iodate incorporation into calcite". Zhang S, Xu C, Creeley D, Ho YF, Li HP, Grandbois R, Schwehr KA, Kaplan DI, Yeager CM, Wellman D, Santschi PH. Environ Sci Technol. 2013 Nov 19
- Marangoni instability in the iodate-arsenous acid reaction front. Pópity-Tóth E, Pótári G, Erd?s I, Horváth D, Tóth A. J Chem Phys. 2014 Jul 28
- Sodium iodate influences the apoptosis, proliferation and differentiation potential of radial glial cells in vitro. Chen X, Li Q, Xu H, Yin ZQ. Cell Physiol Biochem. 2014
- Assessing sodium iodate-induced outer retinal changes in rats using confocal scanning laser ophthalmoscopy and optical coherence tomography. Yang Y, Ng TK, Ye C, Yip YW, Law K, Chan SO, Pang CP. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 20
- Determination of Iodate by HPLC-UV after On-Line Electrochemical Reduction to Iodide. Wang T, Lin W, Dai X, Gao L, Wang B, Quan D. J Chromatogr Sci. 2015 Feb
- Potassium iodate assisted synthesis of titanium dioxide nanoparticles with superior water-dispersibility. Wang Y, Duo F, Peng S, Jia F, Fan C. J Colloid Interface Sci. 2014 Sep 15
- [Simultaneous analysis of iodate, iodide, bromate and bromide by ion chromatography with ultraviolet detection]. Li M, Yu H, Zheng X. Se Pu. 2014 Mar
- Explorations of new second-order nonlinear optical materials in the ternary rubidium iodate system: noncentrosymmetric β-RbIO3(HIO3)2 and centrosymmetric Rb3(IO3)3(I2O5)(HIO3)4(H2O). Xu X, Yang BP, Huang C, Mao JG. Inorg Chem. 2014 Feb 3
- Sensitive iodate sensor based on fluorescence quenching of gold nanocluster. Li R, Xu P, Fan J, Di J, Tu Y, Yan J. Anal Chim Acta. 2014 May 27
- Hydrodynamic instability in the open system of the iodate-arsenous acid reaction. Pópity-Tóth É, Pimienta V, Horváth D, Tóth Á. J Chem Phys. 2013 Oct 28
- Selective monooxidation of light alkanes using chloride and iodate. Fortman GC, Boaz NC, Munz D, Konnick MM, Periana RA, Groves JT, Gunnoe TB. J Am Chem Soc. 2014 Jun 11
- Direct effect of sodium iodate on neurosensory retina. Wang J, Iacovelli J, Spencer C, Saint-Geniez M. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2014 Mar 28
- A simple strategy for the immobilization of catalase on multi-walled carbon nanotube/poly (L-lysine) biocomposite for the detection of H2O2 and iodate. Ezhil Vilian AT, Chen SM, Lou BS. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Nov 15
- Dose-dependent retinal changes following sodium iodate administration: application of spectral-domain optical coherence tomography for monitoring of retinal injury and endogenous regeneration. Machali?ska A, Lejkowska R, Duchnik M, Kawa M, Rogi?ska D, Wiszniewska B, Machali?ski B. Curr Eye Res. 2014 Oct