High Purity Mg Metal
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Metal Powder||MG-M-05-P||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Metal Ingot||MG-M-05-I||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Metal Chunk||MG-M-05-CK||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Metal Lump||MG-M-05-L||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Metal Sputtering Target||MG-M-05-ST||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Magnesium Metal Wafer||MG-M-05-WSX||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Tensile Strength||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Thermal Conductivity||Electrical Resistivity||Eletronegativity||Specific Heat||Heat of Vaporization||Heat of Fusion||MSDS|
|24.31||Gray||1738 kg/m³||N/A||650 °C||1090 °C||1.56 W/cm/K @ 298.2 K||4.45 microhm-cm @ 20°C||1.2 Paulings||0.243 Cal/g/K @ 25°C||32.517 K-Cal/gm atom at 1090°C||2.16 Cal/gm mole||Safety Data Sheet|
Magnesium Metal is available as disc, granules, ingot, pellets, pieces, powder , rod, wire, sputtering target and in numerous other forms and custom shapes. See research below. Ultra high purity and high purity forms also include metal powder, submicron powder and nanoscale, quantum dots, targets for thin film deposition, pellets for evaporation and single crystal or polycrystalline forms. Elements can also be introduced into alloys or other systems as fluorides, oxides or chlorides or as solutions. Magnesium metal is generally immediately available in most volumes. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Magnesium (atomic symbol: Mg, atomic number: 12) is a Block S, Group 2, Period 3 element with an atomic mass of 24.3050. The number of electrons in each of Magnesium's shells is [2, 8, 2] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2. The magnesium atom has a radius of 160 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 173 pm. Magnesium was discovered by Joseph Black in 1775 and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1808. Magnesium is the eighth most abundant element in the earth's crust and the fourth most common element in the earth as a whole. In its elemental form, magnesium has a shiny grey metallic appearance and is an extremely reactive. It is can be found in minerals such as brucite, carnallite, dolomite, magnesite, olivine and talc. Commercially, magnesium is primarily used in the creation of strong and lightweight aluminum-magnesium alloys, which have numerous advantages in industrial applications. The name "Magnesium" originates from a Greek district in Thessaly called Magnesia. For more information on magnesium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of magnesium products, visit the Magnesium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 1869 4.1/PG 3
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Magnesium
- [The influence of serum magnesium level on the prognosis of critically ill patients]. Chen M, Sun R, Hu B. Zhonghua Wei Zhong Bing Ji Jiu Yi Xue. 2015 Mar
- Trends in the adsorption and reactivity of hydrogen on magnesium silicate nanoclusters. Oueslati I, Kerkeni B, Bromley ST. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 9.
- A Lewis acid-free and phenolate-based magnesium electrolyte for rechargeable magnesium batteries. Pan B, Zhang J, Huang J, Vaughey JT, Zhang L, Han SD, Burrell AK, Zhang Z, Liao C. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 11.
- Role of Cu in Mo6S8 and Cu Mixture cathodes for Magnesium ion batteries. Choi SH, Kim JS, Woo SG, Cho W, Choi SY, Choi J, Lee KT, Park MS, Kim YJ. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 10.
- Root development under control of magnesium availability. Niu Y, Jin G, Zhang YS. Plant Signal Behav. 2014 Sep
- Reductions of Oxygen, Carbon Dioxide, and Acetonitrile by the Magnesium(II)/Magnesium(I) Couple in Aqueous Media: Theoretical Insights from a Nano-Sized Water Droplet. Lam TW, Zhang H, Siu CK. J Phys Chem A. 2015 Mar 12.
- Hydra viridissima (Green hydra) rapidly recover from multiple magnesium pulse exposures. Prouse AE, Hogan AC, Harford AJ, van Dam RA, Nugegoda D. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Magnesium uptake of Arabidopsis transporters, AtMRS2-10 and AtMRS2-11, expressed in Escherichia coli mutants: Complementation and growth inhibition by aluminum. Ishijima S, Uda M, Hirata T, Shibata M, Kitagawa N, Sagami I. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium with micro-arc oxidation coating and polymeric membrane: an in vitro study on microenvironment. Li H, Pan H, Ning C, Tan G, Liao J, Ni G. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Mar
- Comparison of Anesthetic Efficacy between Lidocaine with and without Magnesium Sulfate USP 50% for Inferior Alveolar Nerve Blocks in Patients with Symptomatic Irreversible Pulpitis. Shetty KP, Satish SV, Kilaru KR, Sardar P, Luke AM. J Endod. 2015 Mar 2.
- Prospects and challenges of iron pyroelectrolysis in magnesium aluminosilicate melts near minimum liquidus temperature. Ferreira NM, Kovalevsky AV, Mikhalev SM, Costa FM, Frade JR. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 11.
- Energetics of Order-Disorder in Layered Magnesium Aluminum Double Hydroxides with Interlayer Carbonate. Shivaramaiah R, Navrotsky A. Inorg Chem. 2015 Mar 9.
- Magnesium lithospermate B and rosmarinic acid, two compounds present in salvia miltiorrhiza, have potent antiviral activity against enterovirus 71 infections. Chung YC, Hsieh FC, Lin YJ, Wu TY, Lin CW, Lin CT, Tang NY, Jinn TR. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Syntheses and crystal structures of two magnesium-tetrazole compounds in salt and polymeric forms. Bensegueni MA, Cherouana A, Dahaoui S. Acta Crystallogr C Struct Chem. 2015 Mar
- Association of magnesium in serum and urine with carotid intima-media thickness and serum lipids in middle-aged and elderly Chinese: a community-based cross-sectional study. Cao Y, Wang C, Guan K, Xu Y, Su YX, Chen YM. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar 7.
- Dietary magnesium deficiency affects gut microbiota and anxiety-like behaviour in C57BL/6N mice. Pyndt Jørgensen B, Winther G, Kihl P, Nielsen DS, Wegener G, Hansen AK, Sørensen DB. Acta Neuropsychiatr. 2015 Mar 16:1-5.
- Phosphorylation and Interaction with the 14-3-3 Protein of the Plasma Membrane H+-ATPase Are Involved in the Regulation of Magnesium-Mediated Increases in Aluminum-Induced Citrate Exudation in Broad Bean (Vicia faba. L). Chen Q, Kan Q, Wang P, Yu W, Yu Y, Zhao Y, Yu XY, Li ZK, Chen ML. Plant Cell Physiol. 2015 Mar 5.
- The association between serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 concentration and risk of disease death in men: modification by magnesium intake. Mursu J, Nurmi T, Voutilainen S, Tuomainen TP, Virtanen JK. Eur J Epidemiol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium Lowers the Incidence of Postoperative Junctional Ectopic Tachycardia in Congenital Heart Surgical Patients: Is There a Relationship to Surgical Procedure Complexity? He D, Sznycer-Taub N, Cheng Y, McCarter R, Jonas RA, Hanumanthaiah S, Moak JP. Pediatr Cardiol. 2015 Mar 12.
- Magnesium intake and depression in adults. Tarleton EK, Littenberg B. J Am Board Fam Med. 2015 Mar-Apr