Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate
Na2SiO3 • 9H2O
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-02-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(2N5) 99.5% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-025-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-03-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(3N5) 99.95% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-035-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-04-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate||NA-SIATM-05-P.9HYD||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|Na2SiO3 • 9H2O||13517-24-3||61495||MFCD00149175||229-912-9||disodium; dioxido(oxo)silane; nonahydrate||N/A||[Na+].[Na+].
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Melting Point||Boiling Point||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|H18Na2O12Si||284.20||White powder||N/A||N/A||N/A||284.036291||284.036291||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Sodium Metasilicate Nonahydrate is generally immediately available in most volumes. High purity, submicron and nanopowder forms may be considered. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Sodium (atomic symbol: Na, atomic number: 11) is a Block D, Group 5, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 22.989769. The number of electrons in each of Sodium's shells is [2, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s1.The sodium atom has a radius of 185.8 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 227 pm. Sodium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. In its elemental form, sodium has a silvery-white metallic appearance. It is the sixth most abundant element, making up 2.6 % of the earth's crust. Sodium does not occur in nature as a free element and must be extracted from its compounds (e.g., feldspars, sodalite, and rock salt). The name Sodium is thought to come from the Arabic word suda, meaning "headache" (due to sodium carbonate's headache-alleviating properties), and its elemental symbol Na comes from natrium, its Latin name. For more information on sodium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sodium products, visit the Sodium element page.
Silicon (atomic symbol: Si, atomic number: 14) is a Block P, Group 14, Period 3 element with an atomic weight of 28.085. The number of electrons in each of Silicon's shells is 2, 8, 4 and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s2 3p2. The silicon atom has a radius of 111 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 210 pm. Silicon was discovered and first isolated by Jöns Jacob Berzelius in 1823. Silicon makes up 25.7% of the earth's crust, by weight, and is the second most abundant element, exceeded only by oxygen. The metalloid is rarely found in pure crystal form and is usually produced from the iron-silicon alloy ferrosilicon. Silica (or silicon dioxide), as sand, is a principal ingredient of glass, one of the most inexpensive of materials with excellent mechanical, optical, thermal, and electrical properties. Ultra high purity silicon can be doped with boron, gallium, phosphorus, or arsenic to produce silicon for use in transistors, solar cells, rectifiers, and other solid-state devices which are used extensively in the electronics industry.The name Silicon originates from the Latin word silex which means flint or hard stone. For more information on silicon, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of silicon products, visit the Silicon element page.
|HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION|
|Material Safety Data Sheet||MSDS|
|Transport Information||UN 3253 8/PG 3|
|Globally Harmonized System of
Classification and Labelling (GHS)
|SODIUM METASILICATE NONAHYDRATE SYNONYMS|
|Sodium silicate nonahydrate, disodium oxosilanediolat nonahydrate, Sodium siliconate nonahydrate, Sodium polysilicate nonahydrate, Sodium sesquisilicate nonahydrate, Disodium metasilicate nonahydrate, Disodium silicate nonahydrate, Sodium silicon oxide nonahydrate, Disodium monosilicate nonahydrate, Sodium oxosilanediolate hydrate (2:1:9), Silicic acid, disodium salt, nonahydrate, Silicic acid (H2SiO3), disodium salt, nonahydrate|
|CUSTOMERS FOR SODIUM METASILICATE NONAHYDRATE HAVE ALSO LOOKED AT|
|Sodium Fluoride||Thallium-doped Sodium Iodide||Barium Sodium Niobium Oxide||Sodium Sulfate||Europium Sodium Sulfate|
|Sodium Nitrate||Sodium Acetate||Sodium 2-Ethylhexanoate||Sodium Tungstate||Sodium Oxide|
|Sodium Oxide Nanopowder||Sodium Oxide Pellets||Sodium Cubes||Gold(I) Sodium Cyanide||Sodium Benzoate|
|Show Me MORE Forms of Sodium|
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Sodium
- Agreement of the Kato-Katz test established by the WHO with samples fixed with sodium acetate analyzed at 6 months to diagnose intestinal geohelminthes. Fernández-Niño JA, Ramírez JD, López MC, Moncada LI, Reyes P, Heredia RD. Acta Trop. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Novel hNIS/tdTomato Fusion Reporter for Visualizing the Relationship Between the Cellular Localization of Sodium Iodide Symporter and Its Iodine Uptake Function Under Heat Shock Treatment. Yeom CJ, Chung T, Youn H, Kang KW, Lee DS, Chung JK. Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar 1
- Cell-free expression of a functional pore-only sodium channel. Kovácsová G, Gustavsson E, Wang J, Kreir M, Peuker S, Westenhoff S. Protein Expr Purif. 2015 Mar 11.
- Deranged sodium to sudden death. Clancy CE, Chen-Izu Y, Bers DM, Belardinelli L, Boyden PA, Csernoch L, Despa S, Fermini B, Hool LC, Izu L, Kass RS, Lederer WJ, Louch WE, Maack C, Matiazzi A, Qu Z, Rajamani S, Rippinger CM, Sejersted OM, O'Rourke B, Weiss JN, Varró A, Zaza A. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Optimization of alkaline sulfite pretreatment and comparative study with sodium hydroxide pretreatment for improving enzymatic digestibility of corn stover. Liu H, Pang B, Wang H, Li H, Lu J, Niu M. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 15.
- Sodium and calcium regulation in cardiac myocytes: from molecules to heart failure and arrhythmia. Bers DM, Chen-Izu Y. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Scn1b deletion leads to increased tetrodotoxin-sensitive sodium current, altered intracellular calcium homeostasis and arrhythmias in murine hearts. Lin X, O'Malley H, Chen C, Auerbach D, Foster M, Shekhar A, Zhang M, Coetzee W, Jalife J, Fishman GI, Isom L, Delmar M. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- The Significance of Duration and Amount of Sodium Reduction Intervention in Normotensive and Hypertensive Individuals: A Meta-Analysis. Graudal N, Hubeck-Graudal T, Jürgens G, McCarron DA. Adv Nutr. 2015 Mar 13
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ. Brain. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Acute renal failure and hearing loss due to sodium bromate intoxication]. Kitamoto T. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Reduced-Sodium Lunches Are Well-Accepted by Uninformed Consumers Over a 3-Week Period and Result in Decreased Daily Dietary Sodium Intakes: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Janssen AM, Kremer S, van Stipriaan WL, Noort MW, de Vries JH, Temme EH. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015 Mar 11.
- Sodium-calcium Exchanger 1 Regulates Epithelial Cell Migration via Calcium-Dependent Extracellular-Signal-Regulated Kinase Signaling. Balasubramaniam SL, Gopalakrishnapillai A, Gangadharan V, Duncan RL, Barwe SP. J Biol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Sodium Butyrate Ameliorates l-Arginine-Induced Pancreatitis and Associated Fibrosis in Wistar Rat: Role of Inflammation and Nitrosative Stress. Kanika G, Khan S, Jena G. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2015 Mar 14.
- Uptake of Dietary Sodium Restriction by Overweight and Obese Patients After Cardiac Revascularization. Young L, Barnason S. Rehabil Nurs. 2015 Mar 14.
- Contribution of sodium channel neuronal isoform Nav 1.1 to late sodium current in ventricular myocytes from failing hearts. Mishra S, Reznikov V, Maltsev VA, Undrovinas NA, Sabbah HN, Undrovinas A. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Efficacy of low concentrations of sodium hypochlorite and low powered Er,Cr:YSGG laser activated irrigation against an Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Christo JE, Zilm PS, Sullivan T, Cathro PR. Int Endod J. 2015 Mar 13.
- Agreement between whole blood and plasma sodium measurements in profound hyponatremia. Geoghegan P, Koch CD, Wockenfus AM, Harrison AM, Dong Y, Kashani KB, Karon BS. Clin Biochem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Relationship between Decrease in Serum Sodium Level and Bone Mineral Density in Osteoporotic Fracture Patients. Kwak MK, Choi D, Lee JH, Kim HJ, Park HK, Suh KI, Yoo MH, Byun DW. J Bone Metab. 2015 Feb
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
Recent Research & Development for Silicates
- Kinetics of reactions at an interface: functionalisation of silicate glass with porphyrins via covalent bonds. Fujimoto T, Furuta N, Mizutani T. Org Biomol Chem. 2015 Mar 4
- Development of a novel fluorapatite-forming calcium phosphate cement with calcium silicate: In vitro and in vivo characteristics. Suzuki Y, Hayashi M, Yasukawa T, Kobayashi H, Makino K, Hirano Y, Takagi S, C Chow L, Ogiso B. Dent Mater J. 2015 Feb 25.
- The solvation radius of silicate melts based on the solubility of noble gases and scaled particle theory. Ottonello G, Richet P. J Chem Phys. 2014 Jan 28
- Raman response of network modifier cations in alumino-silicate glasses. Hehlen B, Neuville DR. J Phys Chem B. 2015 Mar 12
- Soil microbial response to waste potassium silicate drilling fluid. Yao L, Anne Naeth M, Jobson A. J Environ Sci (China). 2015 Mar 1
- Optimized Carbonation of Magnesium Silicate Mineral for CO2 Storage. Eikeland E, Blichfeld AB, Tyrsted C, Jensen A, Iversen BB. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 11
- Hafnium silicate: a new microwave dielectric ceramic with low thermal expansivity. Varghese J, Joseph T, Surendran KP, Rajan TP, Sebastian MT. Dalton Trans. 2015 Mar 3
- Preparation and rebinding properties of protein-imprinted polysiloxane using mesoporous calcium silicate grafted non-woven polypropylene as matrix. Kan B, Feng L, Zhao K, Wei J, Zhu D, Zhang L, Ren Q. J Mol Recognit. 2015 Feb 27.
- In-situ hybridization of calcium silicate and hydroxyapatite-gelatin nanocomposites enhances physical property and in vitro osteogenesis. Chiu CK, Lee DJ, Chen H, Chow LC, Ko CC. J Mater Sci Mater Med. 2015 Feb
- Long-Term Stable Low Temperature Remote Silicate Phosphor Thick Films Printed on a Glass Substrate. Kim JS, Kwon OH, Jang JW, Lee SH, Han SJ, Lee JH, Cho YS. ACS Comb Sci. 2015 Mar 11.
- Photoluminescent thermometer based on a phase-transition lanthanide silicate with unusual structural disorder. Ananias D, Paz FA, Yufit DS, Carlos LD, Rocha J. J Am Chem Soc. 2015 Mar 4
- Sol-gel synthesis and in vitro bioactivity of copper and zinc-doped silicate bioactive glasses and glass-ceramics. Bejarano J, Caviedes P, Palza H. Biomed Mater. 2015 Mar 11
- pH-Responsive Iron Manganese Silicate Nanoparticles as T1-T2 Dual-Modal Imaging Probes for Tumor Diagnosis. Chen J, Zhang WJ, Guo Z, Wang HB, Wang DD, Zhou JJ, Chen QW. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Mar 11
- Calcium silicate bioactive cements: Biological perspectives and clinical applications. Prati C, Gandolfi MG. Dent Mater. 2015 Feb 4.
- Isolation and the interaction between a mineral-weathering Rhizobium tropici Q34 and silicate minerals. Wang RR, Wang Q, He LY, Qiu G, Sheng XF. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2015 Feb 26.
- Preparation and characterization of starch-metal silicate Co-precipitates--evaluation as tablet superdisintegrant. Singh I, Kaur B, Juneja P. Polim Med. 2014 Jul-Sep
- Trends in the adsorption and reactivity of hydrogen on magnesium silicate nanoclusters. Oueslati I, Kerkeni B, Bromley ST. Phys Chem Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 9.
- Origin and consequences of silicate glass passivation by surface layers. Gin S, Jollivet P, Fournier M, Angeli F, Frugier P, Charpentier T. Nat Commun. 2015 Feb 19
- Clinical and Radiographic Assessment of the Efficacy of Calcium Silicate Indirect Pulp Capping: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial. Hashem D, Mannocci F, Patel S, Manoharan A, Brown JE, Watson TF, Banerjee A. J Dent Res. 2015 Feb 20.
- Fabrication of lithium silicate ceramic veneers with a CAD/CAM approach: A clinical report of cleidocranial dysplasia. da Cunha LF, Mukai E, Hamerschmitt RM, Correr GM. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Feb 11.