Sodium Nitrate Solution
|Product||Product Code||Request Quote|
|(2N) 99% Sodium Nitrate Solution||NA-NAT-02-SOL||Request Quote|
|(3N) 99.9% Sodium Nitrate Solution||NA-NAT-03-SOL||Request Quote|
|(4N) 99.99% Sodium Nitrate Solution||NA-NAT-04-SOL||Request Quote|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Nitrate Solution||NA-NAT-05-SOL||Request Quote|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Exact Mass||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|NNaO3||84.99||White to clear liquid||2.26 g/cm3||84.9776 g/mol||84.977585 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Sodium Nitrate Solutions are moderate to highly concentrated liquid solutions of Sodium Nitrate. They are an excellent source of Sodium Nitrate for applications requiring solubilized materials. American Elements can prepare dissolved homogenous solutions at customer specified concentrations or to the maximum stoichiometric concentration. Packaging is available in 55 gallon drums, smaller units and larger liquid totes. American Elements maintains solution production facilities in the United States, Northern Europe (Liverpool, UK), Southern Europe (Milan, Italy), Australia and China to allow for lower freight costs and quicker delivery to our customers .American Elements metal and rare earth compound solutions have numerous applications, but are commonly used in petrochemical cracking and automotive catalysts, water treatment, plating, textiles, research and in optic, laser, crystal and glass applications. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. We also produce Sodium Nitrate Powder. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Sodium (atomic symbol: Na, atomic number: 11) is a Block D, Group 5, Period 4 element with an atomic weight of 22.989769. The number of electrons in each of Sodium's shells is [2, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s1.The sodium atom has a radius of 185.8 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 227 pm. Sodium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. In its elemental form, sodium has a silvery-white metallic appearance. It is the sixth most abundant element, making up 2.6 % of the earth's crust. Sodium does not occur in nature as a free element and must be extracted from its compounds (e.g., feldspars, sodalite, and rock salt). The name Sodium is thought to come from the Arabic word suda, meaning "headache" (due to sodium carbonate's headache-alleviating properties), and its elemental symbol Na comes from natrium, its Latin name. For more information on sodium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sodium products, visit the Sodium element page.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 1498 5.1/PG 3
SODIUM NITRATE SYNONYMS
Chile salpeter, Niter, Soda niter, Etabisulfite, Cubic niter, Chile saltpeter, Nitratine
|PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES|
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Sodium
- Agreement of the Kato-Katz test established by the WHO with samples fixed with sodium acetate analyzed at 6 months to diagnose intestinal geohelminthes. Fernández-Niño JA, Ramírez JD, López MC, Moncada LI, Reyes P, Heredia RD. Acta Trop. 2015 Mar 11.
- A Novel hNIS/tdTomato Fusion Reporter for Visualizing the Relationship Between the Cellular Localization of Sodium Iodide Symporter and Its Iodine Uptake Function Under Heat Shock Treatment. Yeom CJ, Chung T, Youn H, Kang KW, Lee DS, Chung JK. Mol Imaging. 2015 Mar 1
- Cell-free expression of a functional pore-only sodium channel. Kovácsová G, Gustavsson E, Wang J, Kreir M, Peuker S, Westenhoff S. Protein Expr Purif. 2015 Mar 11.
- Deranged sodium to sudden death. Clancy CE, Chen-Izu Y, Bers DM, Belardinelli L, Boyden PA, Csernoch L, Despa S, Fermini B, Hool LC, Izu L, Kass RS, Lederer WJ, Louch WE, Maack C, Matiazzi A, Qu Z, Rajamani S, Rippinger CM, Sejersted OM, O'Rourke B, Weiss JN, Varró A, Zaza A. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Optimization of alkaline sulfite pretreatment and comparative study with sodium hydroxide pretreatment for improving enzymatic digestibility of corn stover. Liu H, Pang B, Wang H, Li H, Lu J, Niu M. J Agric Food Chem. 2015 Mar 15.
- Sodium and calcium regulation in cardiac myocytes: from molecules to heart failure and arrhythmia. Bers DM, Chen-Izu Y. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Scn1b deletion leads to increased tetrodotoxin-sensitive sodium current, altered intracellular calcium homeostasis and arrhythmias in murine hearts. Lin X, O'Malley H, Chen C, Auerbach D, Foster M, Shekhar A, Zhang M, Coetzee W, Jalife J, Fishman GI, Isom L, Delmar M. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- The Significance of Duration and Amount of Sodium Reduction Intervention in Normotensive and Hypertensive Individuals: A Meta-Analysis. Graudal N, Hubeck-Graudal T, Jürgens G, McCarron DA. Adv Nutr. 2015 Mar 13
- Sodium selenate reduces hyperphosphorylated tau and improves outcomes after traumatic brain injury. Shultz SR, Wright DK, Zheng P, Stuchbery R, Liu SJ, Sashindranath M, Medcalf RL, Johnston LA, Hovens CM, Jones NC, O'Brien TJ. Brain. 2015 Mar 13.
- [Acute renal failure and hearing loss due to sodium bromate intoxication]. Kitamoto T. Chudoku Kenkyu. 2014 Dec
- Reduced-Sodium Lunches Are Well-Accepted by Uninformed Consumers Over a 3-Week Period and Result in Decreased Daily Dietary Sodium Intakes: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Janssen AM, Kremer S, van Stipriaan WL, Noort MW, de Vries JH, Temme EH. J Acad Nutr Diet. 2015 Mar 11.
- Sodium-calcium Exchanger 1 Regulates Epithelial Cell Migration via Calcium-Dependent Extracellular-Signal-Regulated Kinase Signaling. Balasubramaniam SL, Gopalakrishnapillai A, Gangadharan V, Duncan RL, Barwe SP. J Biol Chem. 2015 Mar 13.
- Sodium Butyrate Ameliorates l-Arginine-Induced Pancreatitis and Associated Fibrosis in Wistar Rat: Role of Inflammation and Nitrosative Stress. Kanika G, Khan S, Jena G. J Biochem Mol Toxicol. 2015 Mar 14.
- Uptake of Dietary Sodium Restriction by Overweight and Obese Patients After Cardiac Revascularization. Young L, Barnason S. Rehabil Nurs. 2015 Mar 14.
- Contribution of sodium channel neuronal isoform Nav 1.1 to late sodium current in ventricular myocytes from failing hearts. Mishra S, Reznikov V, Maltsev VA, Undrovinas NA, Sabbah HN, Undrovinas A. J Physiol. 2015 Mar 15
- Effect of Dietary Sodium and Potassium Intake on Left Ventricular Diastolic Function and Mass in Adults ≤40 Years (from the Strong Heart Study). Haring B, Wang W, Lee ET, Jhamnani S, Howard BV, Devereux RB. Am J Cardiol. 2015 Feb 12.
- Efficacy of low concentrations of sodium hypochlorite and low powered Er,Cr:YSGG laser activated irrigation against an Enterococcus faecalis biofilm. Christo JE, Zilm PS, Sullivan T, Cathro PR. Int Endod J. 2015 Mar 13.
- Agreement between whole blood and plasma sodium measurements in profound hyponatremia. Geoghegan P, Koch CD, Wockenfus AM, Harrison AM, Dong Y, Kashani KB, Karon BS. Clin Biochem. 2015 Mar 12.
- Relationship between Decrease in Serum Sodium Level and Bone Mineral Density in Osteoporotic Fracture Patients. Kwak MK, Choi D, Lee JH, Kim HJ, Park HK, Suh KI, Yoo MH, Byun DW. J Bone Metab. 2015 Feb
- Extracellular sodium and potassium levels modulate cardiac conduction in mice heterozygous null for the Connexin43 gene. George SA, Sciuto KJ, Lin J, Salama ME, Keener JP, Gourdie RG, Poelzing S. Pflugers Arch. 2015 Mar 14.
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Effects of inorganic nitrate and beetroot supplementation on endothelial function: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Lara J, Ashor AW, Oggioni C, Ahluwalia A, Mathers JC, Siervo M. Eur J Nutr. 2015 Mar 13.
- Miconazole Nitrate Vaginal Suppository 1,200 mg versus Oral Fluconazole 150 mg in Treating Severe Vulvovaginal Candidiasis. Fan S, Liu X, Liang Y. Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2015 Feb 17.
- Nitrite control over dissimilatory nitrate/nitrite reduction pathways in Shewanella loihica strain PV-4. Yoon S, Sanford R, Löffler FE. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2015 Mar 13.
- Skeletal muscle as an endogenous nitrate reservoir. Piknova B, Park JW, Swanson KM, Dey S, Noguchi CT, Schechter AN. Nitric Oxide. 2015 Feb 26
- Remediation of nitrate-nitrogen contaminated groundwater using a pilot-scale two-layer heterotrophic-autotrophic denitrification permeable reactive barrier with spongy iron/pine bark. Huang G, Huang Y, Hu H, Liu F, Zhang Y, Deng R. Chemosphere. 2015 Mar 3
- Seasonal nitrate algorithms for nitrate retrieval using OCEANSAT-2 and MODIS-AQUA satellite data. Durairaj P, Sarangi RK, Ramalingam S, Thirunavukarassu T, Chauhan P. Environ Monit Assess. 2015 Apr
- Effects of nitrate dosing on sulfidogenic and methanogenic activities in sewer sediment. Liu Y, Sharma KR, Ni BJ, Fan L, Murthy S, Tyson GQ, Yuan Z. Water Res. 2015 Feb 17
- Short-Term Effects of a High Nitrate Diet on Nitrate Metabolism in Healthy Individuals. Bondonno CP, Liu AH, Croft KD, Ward NC, Puddey IB, Woodman RJ, Hodgson JM. Nutrients. 2015 Mar 12
- The Nitric Oxide Production in the Moss Physcomitrella patens Is Mediated by Nitrate Reductase. Medina-Andrés R, Solano-Peralta A, Saucedo-Vázquez JP, Napsucialy-Mendivil S, Pimentel-Cabrera JA, Sosa-Torres ME, Dubrovsky JG, Lira-Ruan V. PLoS One. 2015 Mar 5
- Nephrotoxic effects of lead nitrate exposure in diabetic and nondiabetic rats: Involvement of oxidative stress and the protective role of sodium selenite. Ba? H, Kalender Y. Environ Toxicol. 2015 Mar 2.
- Cost-effective bioregeneration of nitrate-laden ion exchange brine through deliberate bicarbonate incorporation. Li Q, Huang B, Chen X, Shi Y. Water Res. 2015 Feb 24
- 50 Years Ago in TheJournal ofPediatrics: Congenital Pyloric Stenosis: A Controlled Evaluation of Medical Treatment Utilizing Methyl-Scopolamine-Nitrate. Gisser JM, Hill ID. J Pediatr. 2015 Mar
- Ni-induced Changes in Nitrate Assimilation and Antioxidant Metabolism of Verbascum olympicum Boiss.: Could the Plant be Useful for Phytoremediation or/and Restoration Purposes? Akpinar A, Arslan H, Güleryüz G, K?rm?z? S, Erdem?r ÜS, Güçer ?. Int J Phytoremediation. 2015
- AtNIGT1/HRS1 integrates nitrate and phosphate signals at the Arabidopsis root tip. Medici A, Marshall-Colon A, Ronzier E, Szponarski W, Wang R, Gojon A, Crawford NM, Ruffel S, Coruzzi GM, Krouk G. Nat Commun. 2015 Feb 27
- Gill histopathologies following exposure to nanosilver or silver nitrate. Hawkins AD, Thornton C, Kennedy AJ, Bu K, Cizdziel J, Jones BW, Steevens JA, Willett KL. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2015
- Visible light photooxidation of nitrate: the dawn of a nocturnal radical. Hering T, Slanina T, Hancock A, Wille U, König B. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015 Mar 16.
- New organic nitrate-containing benzyloxy isonipecotanilide derivatives with vasodilatory and anti-platelet activity. Candia M, Marini E, Zaetta G, Cellamare S, Stilo AD, Altomare CD. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2015 Mar 10.
- Tepidicaulis marinus gen. nov., sp. nov., a novel marine bacterium reducing nitrate to nitrous oxide strictly under microaerobic conditions. Takeuchi M, Yamagishi T, Kamagata Y, Oshima K, Hattori M, Katayama T, Hanada S, Tamaki H, Marumo K, Maeda H, Nedachi M, Iwasaki W, Suwa Y, Sakata S. Int J Syst Evol Microbiol. 2015 Mar 4.
- Surface Modification of Pt(100) for Electrocatalytic Nitrate Reduction to Dinitrogen in Alkaline Solution. Chen T, Li H, Ma H, Koper MT. Langmuir. 2015 Mar 3.
- Erratum: "Phase diagram of ammonium nitrate" [J. Chem. Phys. 139, 214503 (2013)]. Dunuwille M, Yoo CS. J Chem Phys. 2015 Mar 14