Sodium Nitrate Solution
|Product||Product Code||Order or Specifications|
|(2N) 99% Sodium Nitrate Solution||NA-NAT-02-SOL|
|(3N) 99.9% Sodium Nitrate Solution||NA-NAT-03-SOL|
|(4N) 99.99% Sodium Nitrate Solution||NA-NAT-04-SOL|
|(5N) 99.999% Sodium Nitrate Solution||NA-NAT-05-SOL|
|Formula||CAS No.||PubChem SID||PubChem CID||MDL No.||EC No||IUPAC Name||Beilstein
|PROPERTIES||Compound Formula||Mol. Wt.||Appearance||Density||Monoisotopic Mass||Charge||MSDS|
|NNaO3||84.99||White to clear liquid||2.26 g/cm3||84.9776 g/mol||84.977585 Da||0||Safety Data Sheet|
Sodium Nitrate Solutions are moderate to highly concentrated liquid solutions of Sodium Nitrate. They are an excellent source of Sodium Nitrate for applications requiring solubilized materials. American Elements can prepare dissolved homogenous solutions at customer specified concentrations or to the maximum stoichiometric concentration. Packaging is available in 55 gallon drums, smaller units and larger liquid totes. American Elements maintains solution production facilities in the United States, Northern Europe (Liverpool, UK), Southern Europe (Milan, Italy), Australia and China to allow for lower freight costs and quicker delivery to our customers .American Elements metal and rare earth compound solutions have numerous applications, but are commonly used in petrochemical cracking and automotive catalysts, water treatment, plating, textiles, research and in optic, laser, crystal and glass applications. Ultra high purity and high purity compositions improve both optical quality and usefulness as scientific standards. Nanoscale (See also Nanotechnology Information and Quantum Dots) elemental powders and suspensions, as alternative high surface area forms, may be considered. We also produce Sodium Nitrate Powder. American Elements produces to many standard grades when applicable, including Mil Spec (military grade); ACS, Reagent and Technical Grade; Food, Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Grade; Optical Grade, USP and EP/BP (European Pharmacopoeia/British Pharmacopoeia) and follows applicable ASTM testing standards. Typical and custom packaging is available. Additional technical, research and safety (MSDS) information is available as is a Reference Calculator for converting relevant units of measurement.
Sodium (atomic symbol: Na, atomic number: 11) is a Block D, Group 5, Period 4 element with na atomic weight of 22.989769. The number of electrons in each of Sodium's shells is [2, 8, 1] and its electron configuration is [Ne] 3s1.The sodium atom has a radius of 185.8 pm and a Van der Waals radius of 227 pm. Sodium was discovered and first isolated by Sir Humphrey Davy in 1807. In its elemental form, sodium has a silvery-white metallic appearance. It is the sixth most abundant element, making up 2.6 % of the earth's crust. Sodium does not occur in nature as a free element and must be extracted from its compounds (e.g., feldspars, sodalite, and rock salt). The name Sodium is thought to come from the Arabic word "suda," meaning "headache" (due to sodium carbonate's headache-alleviating properties), and its elemental symbol Na comes from "natrium," its Latin name. For more information on sodium, including properties, safety data, research, and American Elements' catalog of sodium products, visit the Sodium Information Center.
HEALTH, SAFETY & TRANSPORTATION INFORMATION
UN 1498 5.1/PG 3
SODIUM NITRATE SYNONYMS
Chile salpeter, Niter, Soda niter, Etabisulfite, Cubic niter, Chile saltpeter, Nitratine
PACKAGING SPECIFICATIONS FOR BULK & RESEARCH QUANTITIES
|Typical bulk packaging includes palletized plastic 5 gallon/25 kg. pails, fiber and steel drums to 1 ton super sacks in full container (FCL) or truck load (T/L) quantities. Research and sample quantities and hygroscopic, oxidizing or other air sensitive materials may be packaged under argon or vacuum. Shipping documentation includes a Certificate of Analysis and Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS). Solutions are packaged in polypropylene, plastic or glass jars up to palletized 440 gallon liquid totes.|
Recent Research & Development for Sodium
- Controlled porosity osmotic pump system for the delivery of diclofenac sodium: in-vitro and in-vivo evaluation. Emara LH, Taha NF, El-Ashmawy AA, Raslan HM, Mursi NM. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Sep.
- The influence of sodium salts (iodide, chloride and sulfate) on the formation efficiency of sulfamerazine nanocrystals. Lou H, Liu M, Qu W, Johnson J, Brunson E, Almoazen H. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Diclofenac sodium sustained release hot melt extruded lipid matrices. Vithani K, Cuppok Y, Mostafa S, Slipper IJ, Snowden MJ, Douroumis D. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 Aug.
- Incompatibility of croscarmellose sodium with alkaline excipients in a tablet formulation. Bindra DS, Stein D, Pandey P, Barbour N. Pharm Dev Technol. 2014 May.
- Comprehensive assessment of nephrotoxicity of intravenously administered sodium-oleate-coated ultra-small superparamagnetic iron oxide (USPIO) and titanium dioxide (TiO2) nanoparticles in rats. Sebeková K, Dušinská M, Simon Klenovics K, Kollárová R, Boor P, Kebis A, Staruchová M, Vlková B, Celec P, Hodosy J, Baciak L, Tušková R, Beno M, Tulinská J, Príbojová J, Bilanicová D, Pojana G, Marcomini A, Volkovová K. Nanotoxicology. 2014 Mar.
- Taste masking of naproxen sodium granules by fluid-bed coating. Stange U, Führling C, Gieseler H. Pharm Dev Technol 2014.
- Facile synthesis of calcium silicate hydrate using sodium dodecyl sulfate as a surfactant assisted by ultrasonic irradiation. Mehrali M, Seyed Shirazi SF, Baradaran S, Mehrali M, Metselaar HS, Kadri NA, Osman NA. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Mar.
- A novel sodium iodide and ammonium molybdate co-catalytic system for the efficient synthesis of 2-benzimidazoles using hydrogen peroxide under ultrasound irradiation. Bai GY, Lan XW, Chen GF, Liu XF, Li TY, Shi LJ. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Mar.
- Water-solid interactions between amorphous maltodextrins and crystalline sodium chloride. Ghorab MK, Marrs K, Taylor LS, Mauer LJ. Food Chem. 2014 Feb.
- Electrochemical serotonin monitoring of poly(ethylenedioxythiophene):poly(sodium 4-styrenesulfonate)-modified fluorine-doped tin oxide by predeposition of self-assembled 4-pyridylporphyrin. Song MJ, Kim S, Ki Min N, Jin JH. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- The salt and lipid composition of model cheeses modifies in-mouth flavour release and perception related to the free sodium ion content. Boisard L, Andriot I, Martin C, Septier C, Boissard V, Salles C, Guichard E. Food Chem. 2014 Feb.
- Lee J, Ashokkumar M, Kentish SE. Influence of mixing and ultrasound frequency on antisolvent crystallisation of sodium chloride. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Jan.
- Relationship between urinary sodium excretion and serum aldosterone in patients with diabetes in the presence and absence of modifiers of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system. Libianto R, Jerums G, Lam Q, Chen A, Baqar S, Pyrlis F, Macisaac RJ, Moran J, Ekinci EI. Clin Sci (Lond). 2014 Jan.
- Impact of mixing time and sodium stearoyl lactylate on gluten polymerization during baking of wheat flour dough. - Van Steertegem B, Pareyt B, Brijs K, Delcour JA.
- Zhang Y, Niu Y, Luo Y, Ge M, Yang T, Yu LL, Wang Q. Fabrication, characterization and antimicrobial activities of thymol-loaded zein nanoparticles stabilized by sodium caseinate-chitosan hydrochloride double layers. Food Chem. 2014.
- Spectroscopic studies on the interaction of sodium benzoate, a food preservative, with calf thymus DNA. 2013 - Zhang G, Ma Y.
- Yang HM, Chu WM. Esterification of sodium 4-hydroxybenzoate by ultrasound-assisted solid-liquid phase-transfer catalysis using dual-site phase-transfer catalyst. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Jan.
- The concomitant consumption of cod liver oil causes a reduction in the daily diclofenac sodium usage in rheumatoid arthritis patients: a pilot study. Gupta VK, Khan ZY, Ahmad M.
- Improved Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis using bleach Microscopy Method. Mindolli PB, Salmani MP, Parandekar PK.
- NIR fluorescence studies of neodymium ions doped sodium fluoroborate glasses for 1.06µm laser applications. Madhukar Reddy C, Vijaya N, Deva Prasad Raju B.
Recent Research & Development for Nitrates
- Stable isotope analysis of plant-derived nitrate - novel method for discrimination between organically and conventionally grown vegetables. Mihailova A, Pedentchouk N, Kelly SD. Food Chem. 2014.
- Screening of assimilatory and dissimilatory denitrifying microbes isolated from nitrate-contaminated water and soil. Seenivasagan R, Rajakumar S, Kasimani R, Ayyasamy PM. Prep Biochem Biotechnol. 2014.
- Copper, zinc superoxide dismutase and nitrate reductase coimmobilized bienzymatic biosensor for the simultaneous determination of nitrite and nitrate. Madasamy T, Pandiaraj M, Balamurugan M, Bhargava K, Sethy NK, Karunakaran C. Biosens Bioelectron. 2014 Feb.
- Stable isotope analysis of plant-derived nitrate - Novel method for discrimination between organically and conventionally grown vegetables. Mihailova A, Pedentchouk N, Kelly SD. Food Chem. 2014 July
- Multicenter, double-blind, parallel group study investigating the non-inferiority of efficacy and safety of a 2% miconazole nitrate shampoo in comparison with a 2% ketoconazole shampoo in the treatment of seborrhoeic dermatitis of the scalp. Buechner SA. J Dermatolog Treat. 2014
- Effect of nitrate ions on the efficiency of sonophotochemical phenol degradation. Zaviska F, Drogui P, El Hachemi EM, Naffrechoux E. Ultrason Sonochem. 2014 Jan.
- Photoluminescence studies on the complexation of Eu(III) and Tb(III) with acetohydroxamic acid (AHA) in nitrate medium. Pathak PN, Mohapatra M, Godbole SV. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- A potential carrier based on liquid crystal nanoparticles for ophthalmic delivery of pilocarpine nitrate. Li J, Wu L, Wu W, Wang B, Wang Z, Xin H, Xu Q. Int J Pharm. 2013 Oct.
- Synthesis, growth and characterization of a nonlinear optical crystal: Bis l-proline hydrogen nitrate. Selvaraju K, Kirubavathi K. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Nov.
- Nitrate removal from eutrophic wetlands polluted by metal-mine wastes: Effects of liming and plant growth. González-Alcaraz MN, Conesa HM, Alvarez-Rogel J. J Environ Manage. 2013 Oct.
- Affinity binding via Zinc(II) for controlled orientation and electrochemistry of Histidine-tagged nitrate reductase in self-assembled monolayers. Campbell WH, Henig J, Plumeré N. Bioelectrochemistry. 2013.
- The nitrate time bomb: a numerical way to investigate nitrate storage and lag time in the unsaturated zone. Wang L, Butcher AS, Stuart ME, Gooddy DC, Bloomfield JP. Environ Geochem Health. 2013.
- Direct and indirect photodegradation of estriol in the presence of humic acid, nitrate and iron complexes in water solutions. Chen Y, Zhang K, Zuo Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- Nitrate source apportionment in a subtropical watershed using Bayesian model. Yang L, Han J, Xue J, Zeng L, Shi J, Wu L, Jiang Y. Sci Total Environ. 2013 Oct.
- A novel and efficient synthesis of diverse dihydronaphtho[1,2-b]furans using the ceric ammonium nitrate-catalyzed formal [3 + 2] cycloaddition of 1,4-naphthoquinones to olefins and its application to furomollugin. Xia L, Lee YR. Org Biomol Chem. 2013 Sep.
- Synthesis, spectroscopic (FT-IR/NMR) characterization, X-ray structure and DFT studies on (E)-2-(1-phenylethylidene) hydrazinecarboximidamide nitrate hemimethanol. Ozdemir N, Inkaya E, Saripinar E, Akyüz L, Ilhan IÖ, Aydin S, Dinçer M, Büyükgüngör O. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol Spectrosc. 2013 Oct.
- Comments on the "Nitrate contamination in ground water of some rural areas of Rajasthan, India" by Suthar et al. Satpathy KK, Padhi RK, Samantara MK. Hazard Mater. 2013 Sep.
- Nitrate-based niche differentiation by distinct sulfate-reducing bacteria involved in the anaerobic oxidation of methane. Green-Saxena A, Dekas AE, Dalleska NF, Orphan VJ. ISME J. 2013 Sep.
- Model-Based Integration and Analysis of Biogeochemical and Isotopic Dynamics in a Nitrate-Polluted Pyritic Aquifer. Zhang YC, Prommer H, Broers HP, Slomp CP, Greskowiak J, van der Grift B, Van Cappellen P. Environ Sci Technol. 2013.
- Nitrogen Oxyanion Dependent Dissociation of a Two-Component Complex that Regulates Bacterial Nitrate Assimilation. Luque-Almagro VM, Lyall VJ, Ferguson SJ, Roldan MD, Richardson DJ, Gates AJ. J Biol Chem. 2013.